PDA

View Full Version : Magic, Artifact Destruction Deck Building

DragonBaneDM
2009-07-29, 06:08 PM
I recently got back into Magic, and I still have a Mirrodin deck from awhile back. I tried it against my friends last night/this morning/tonight, in about a 12 hour tournament.

It went pretty well, and I actually found myself keeping up okay. But I didn't win a single game. I wanna know what kind of cards from the later blocks would compliment the main strategems of my red and black artifact destruction deck.

My deck mainly revolves around sacking my own artifacts for some sort of ability. Usually this is damage, and the main staple of my deck is Disciple of the Vault, who does 1 damage to my opponent whenever an artifact goes to the graveyard. I also like artifacts like Pyrite Spellbomb, which go boom to kick my opponent in the teeth.

Also, Atog and Megatog ohm nom nom on my artifacts to get more powerful, gaining trample, or in the case of a goblin I have, first strike. Which is fun against death touch creatures.

I have a lot of recylcling cards, like Myr Retreiver and Skeleton Shard, which let me get my sacked artifacts back to blow them up or to satisfy my 'Tog's munchies a bit more.

What do you think I should be on the look for?

Winterwind
2009-07-29, 06:12 PM
What do you think I should be on the look for?This thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119615) :smalltongue: :smallwink:

DragonBaneDM
2009-07-29, 06:13 PM
Too...many...spoilers...

I'll track it down later, though.

Winterwind
2009-07-29, 06:14 PM
Actually, what I meant is that this other thread is our resident thread for all Magic-related discussions, and you would probably be best served by re-posting your questions there. :smallwink:

DragonBaneDM
2009-07-29, 09:39 PM
Ah, okay, thanks then!!!!