PDA

View Full Version : Stating a D&D Miniature

Babale
2009-07-29, 07:08 PM
NOTES: 1) I am not sure if this is the right place, but it is D20, so I'm posting here.
2) I am using the old version of D&D Minis, the one parallel to 3.5.

So, after years of playing D&D Minis, I am finally ready to create my own high-level hero, using the technicue found in the Miniature's Handbook. Now, I need to create the strongest, toughest, and all around best mini under 125 points. Also, it needs to be humanoid.

Now, I think that the best punch for the buck would be a Spellcaster. But how would I build a good spellcaster for offense in D&D Minis? I am divided between Sorcerer (Spontaneous FTW) Wizard (More spells!) or Cleric (Spontaneous healing, if I choose Neutral, which my warband sadly lacks.) In any case, it must be CE, NE, CN, or TN. Now, in D&D Minis, there is no point to spells that aren't combat, healing, buffing, or summoning, so don't even mention them.

On the other hand, a fighter type might do very well thanks to the limited spellcasting on my opponent's team. If he can take and give damage in the forties, he's perfect.

I could choose Druid and have an animal companion, along with Wildshape. However, as D&D Minis has no grappling rules, druids will be nerfed.

So what do you guys think? Caster, or Melle? And what type?

Babale
2009-07-31, 11:44 AM
Noone is posting? Well, I get that people may not know the answer, but... Will you at least refer me to a good source?

Eloel
2009-07-31, 12:00 PM
Errr, Miniatures Handbook? Maybe? (I have no experience with D&D Minis...)

Babale
2009-07-31, 12:14 PM
I meant a Forum or Website.

Ridureyu
2009-07-31, 12:43 PM
Have you checked out http://ddmguild.com/ ?