PDA

View Full Version : [Star Wars Saga] - Character idea and a question

Quirinus_Obsidian
2009-07-29, 07:11 PM
Basically, a Wookiie beatstick with nails in it.

Basics:
30 Point Buy
STR: 15 (8 points)
DEX: 12 (4 points)
CON: 14 (6 points)
INT: 14 (6 points)
WIS: 14 (6 points)
CHA: 8 (0 points)

After ability mods:
STR 19
DEX 10
CON 16
INT 14
WIS 12
CHA 6

Race: Wookiee (Obv.)

Class: Soldier 2 / Scout 1
Feats:
(Bonus Feats) Shake It Off, Weapon Prof Simple, Pistols, Rifles, Armor Prof Light and Medium
(Character L1) Dreadful Rage (Gives +5 attack and +5 damage while in wookiee rage)
(Character L3) Extra Rage (Can rage 2/day)
(Class L3) Power Attack (Same as DND Power attack)

Weapons:
This is the question part.

I am thinking either
1) bowcaster with a vibro-bayonet
2) trading bowcaster for proficiency with all vibro weapons. This is my current selection

Both give attacks as a two handed weapon, but the bowcaster gives me a ranged weapon which are huge in this campaign. But... to do that, I would have to change my wookiee proficiency back to bowcasters, and burn a feat to get access to the Vibro weapons (as they are on the Advanced melee table).

HamHam
2009-07-29, 07:31 PM
Um, what? Is there some kind of house rule involved here, because RAW as a Wookie you treat Bowcasters as Rifles for proficiency.

Anyway, Advanced Melee Prof is only worth it if you plan on using a Vibro-Ax because otherwise the damage difference is less than many other feats. And even then, the bonus damage from Str and feats will probably make the base weapon damage less important the higher level you are.

On the other hand, the difference between pistols and rifles is far more significant.

On the other, other hand the only thing Bowcasters really have going for them is that their damage is piercing as well as energy. So if you think being able to get through energy resistance is going to be important, a bowcaster is very useful but otherwise not so much.