PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Magical Ammunition

AngelOmnipotent
2009-07-30, 06:50 AM
I'm having a bit of trouble figuring this out:

How much would it be for a single magical arrow? A +1 Bane arrow to be precise. The SRD tables just confuse me when it comes to adding it to ammunition.

Thanks in advance!

kamikasei
2009-07-30, 06:53 AM
Work out the costs as normal, and that applies to a batch of 50. So one +1 bane arrow is one-fiftieth the cost of (enchanting) a +1 bane sword.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-07-30, 06:55 AM
Work out the costs as normal, and that applies to a batch of 50. So one +1 bane arrow is one-fiftieth the cost of (enchanting) a +1 bane sword.

Ok thanks. It makes sense now!

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-07-30, 06:56 AM

Price to enchant an arrow is enchantment cost/50.

In short.
It's really fun to throw a bag of arrows out as loot, and have each one randomly enchanted.

kamikasei
2009-07-30, 07:02 AM
It's really fun to throw a bag of arrows out as loot, and have each one randomly enchanted.

You have defeated the Veridian Bolt and his henchman, Snappy! Looting their hideout, you find a cache of trick arrows!

RS14
2009-07-30, 07:47 AM
Ideally, yes. It is also possible that magical ammunition can only be created in batches of 50. Thus somebody might invest a large amount of money in creating more than they can use and count on making a profit by selling them individually, marked up slightly. Thus ask your DM.

Edit: I should note that I don't think the above is fun. It's much more interesting to have a wide variety of oddball ammunition available.