PDA

View Full Version : Admiral Euphoria's Random Banter Thread of Delusional Grandeur #124

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Rutskarn
2009-07-31, 12:33 AM
He had to read it too. :smalltongue:

Reminds me of the time I entered into a suicide pact arrangement regarding a piece of Puerto Rican candy. That...didn't go well. For anyone involved.

Dragonrider
2009-07-31, 12:33 AM
With friends like that...

In fairness, it was I who initially linked it. Then it was..."You think you can get through this? I bet I can read it all in one sitting." Me: "Sounds like a challenge."

:smalltongue:

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 01:01 AM
XD

I'm currently reading My Immortal (http://myimmortalrehost.webs.com/chapters122.htm), the immortalized Harry Potter fan fiction that has melted so many minds. (Also NSFW.)

Or, just finished.

God. Kill me now?

No. Death is too good for you. You must endure the pain of living on, knowing full well the depravity of the human soul.

Tha Roots: Was it one of those nasty chile powder covered candies?

Player_Zero
2009-07-31, 01:07 AM
Two hours sleep eh? They said it was foolish! They said it was unhealthy! But I proved them!

Alteran
2009-07-31, 01:21 AM
Two hours sleep eh? They said it was foolish! They said it was unhealthy! But I proved them!

Proved them right?

Rutskarn
2009-07-31, 01:31 AM
Proved them right?

That was the implication, yes.

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 01:41 AM
Gah... Rutskarn's avatar is so handsome. @_@ It's taking some getting used to on my part. Especially since I just rewatched that spongebob episode.

Also. Why must I have a soft spot (in my head) for beautiful women?

So annoying. Especially when I start writing poetry about them.

Philistine
2009-07-31, 01:42 AM
In fairness, it was I who initially linked it. Then it was..."You think you can get through this? I bet I can read it all in one sitting." Me: "Sounds like a challenge."

I see. In that case, I must amend my previous statement.

With friends like you, DeeRee...

:smallwink:

Cyrano
2009-07-31, 02:27 AM

Hi. LARious. From now on, I don't chuckle. I "laff statistically." I don't take pictures, I take "photons." This is a work of utter GENIUS, hidden in a thin layer of protective stupid.

billtodamax
2009-07-31, 02:28 AM
Adam West is my idol right now. I can't stop imagining him saying his own name.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-31, 02:31 AM
XD

I'm currently reading My Immortal (http://myimmortalrehost.webs.com/chapters122.htm), the immortalized Harry Potter fan fiction that has melted so many minds. (Also NSFW.)

Or, just finished.

God. Kill me now?
I was gonna read it...

But I was told to get out within the first line of the fic.:smallfrown:

Cyrano
2009-07-31, 02:31 AM
Oh my god! Serious/Severus/Sirious/Seryyyus/Sorious just got called SODOMIZE.

THIS IS A DELIGHTFUL DECONSTRUCTION.

billtodamax
2009-07-31, 02:34 AM

:smallconfused:

Cyrano
2009-07-31, 02:34 AM
The masses never understand true genius.

horngeek
2009-07-31, 02:38 AM
By the way, there is an idea for an OOTS banner that I have had.

See, in the I Would But... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6604357#post6604357) thread in SMBG, a running gag has developed from that post of people sacrificing maidens to moi, even though I'm a Gold.

Then, this conversation happened by PM.

I'm having a lot of fun reading your stuff in that thread.

I'm considering putting out the idea of making a banner with maidens tied up in the foreground, and my avvie with a confused look in the background.

Also, thanks. I seem to have hijacked it somewhat...

oh and banner idea sounds awesome.

For extra points could ask if it could be the various avvies of female members, but the just random maidens requires the least organising. :smallbiggrin:

I can't draw it, though, so it'd have to be a commision...

Now, I have posted it in said thread, and Em Blackleaf liked the idea. She also suggested I announce it here.

So, who is willing to donate their avatars to be mistakenly be sacrificed to mine?

List so far is:

Em Blackleaf.

Player_Zero
2009-07-31, 02:43 AM
Have you consider that perhaps you've just gone insane? I mean, this Harry Potter nonsense doesn't exactly help your case here.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-31, 02:43 AM
Meeeee, GB'ed!

*evil grin*:smallbiggrin:
We really need a evil grin smiley here...
Bwahahahahaha.

horngeek
2009-07-31, 02:44 AM
List:

Em Blackleaf
DD the Cookiemonster

Cyrano
2009-07-31, 02:46 AM
Have you consider that perhaps you've just gone insane? I mean, this Harry Potter nonsense doesn't exactly help your case here.

..."Gone." Well, I mean, your join date IS 2008, you can't have known.

Alteran
2009-07-31, 02:48 AM
I'd volunteer my avatar, but it is neither female nor human.

Em Blackleaf
2009-07-31, 02:52 AM
I bet you could try to eat the companion cube. I bet it would taste like cake.

Alteran
2009-07-31, 02:54 AM
I bet you could try to eat the companion cube. I bet it would taste like cake.

Ahh, no! Don't try it! I'm metal, I swear! :smalleek:

horngeek
2009-07-31, 02:54 AM
The best part, in my opinion, will be my confused look.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-31, 02:56 AM
Also good luck to whoever is going to this, with putting a confused look on GB'd cookiemonster's face.:smallamused:

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 03:12 AM
I'd advise soliciting RHL, SMEE, Koorithilu(in that incarnation, even), Mauve (possibly struggling desperately to get some red someone painted on top of her mauvosity), and *shrug* number of others for their blessing in this matter.

<_< And if you really wanna be silly, see if Dry Rye is ok with riding you.

horngeek
2009-07-31, 03:14 AM
Actually, I'll PM them to alert them to this.

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 03:20 AM
Ooo! ooo! ooo!!!!

And see if Serps is willing to do a Caduceus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus) or Rod of Asclepius (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_of_Asclepius) for you. :smallwink:

horngeek
2009-07-31, 03:26 AM
I know the others (and am adding happyturtle), but who's Koorithilu?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-31, 03:34 AM
CurlyKitGirl>>>Curly>>>Koorly>>>Koorlythulhu.

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 03:40 AM
<_< Really, I'm just Trying to get someone to make it, sorry. haha.

Yesh, is teh Curly Kit Girl, GODDESS OF WRITTEN ENGLISH/THE WORD.

Hmm. Trying to think of notable femaleoid avatars.

What subforums do you usually frequent?

horngeek
2009-07-31, 03:47 AM
SMBG and Free Form Roleplaying. That's how all this started. :smallbiggrin:

horngeek
2009-07-31, 03:54 AM
Also, the list is now:

Em Blackleaf
DD the Cookiemonster, genderswapped.
EleventhHour, but according to her, not her current or previous avatar.

Quincunx
2009-07-31, 06:36 AM
I may be heading to the southern parts of Florida soon--what should I see? Central Florida is what I know best. (Aside: How have I managed to get embroiled in something which is so far away from any Playgrounders I can recall?) (Aside_02: Darn you, DragonCon.)

Soup bubbling merrily away downstairs under a surface scum of mixed spices. Hopefully this will provide a rich and delicious base for lentils which I will not then ruin by turning my back on it for ten darned minutes. It fused with the bottom of the pot. Lentils cooked in water did not.

horngeek
2009-07-31, 06:55 AM
SMEE has approved, so the list is now:

Em Blackleaf
SMEE, current avvie.

I'll look for about 10 maidens before making the commission.

Phase
2009-07-31, 07:44 AM

Oh my word this is brilliant! Best line so far:

"Then he put his thingie into my you-know-what and we did it for the first time."

Such a great deconstruction of the kind of fan-fiction that actually shows up. Rose Potter, on the other hand...

*Shudders*

horngeek
2009-07-31, 07:57 AM
Mauve Shirt approves!

List is now:
Em Blackleaf
SMEE, current avvie.
Mauve Shirt. Her normal avvie, not the Dragon week one.

Again, looking for 10 maidens in total. :smalltongue:

Fredthefighter
2009-07-31, 08:34 AM
Horngeek, are you duping beautiful maidens into being sacrifices? Because it sounds like you're duping beautiful maidens into being sacrifices.

If so, what the hey, I volunteer my GB avatar. Say hello to Francinethefighter.
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/celtois/GBfred.png

horngeek
2009-07-31, 08:44 AM
In fact I am duping beautiful maidens into being sacrifices.

List:
Em Blackleaf
SMEE, current avvie.
Francinethefighter (GB'd Fredthefighter)

Fredthefighter
2009-07-31, 09:03 AM
In fact I am duping beautiful maidens into being sacrifices.

Well you could've blown me down with a feather after that one. I did not see it coming. That was like when Scaryman the Evil renamed himself "Scaryman the Evil the Evil". (See Lord of the Dancings III: The Return of the Sequel of the Thing Part 2: Son of the Thing Rides Again)

Thufir
2009-07-31, 09:04 AM
This thread makes interesting reading. Wish I'd been around to witness some of it as it took place.

horngeek
2009-07-31, 09:06 AM
Heh. Well, I only need four more, then I'll go to Arts and Crafts (or PM Serpentine or someone) and ask them to do it.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-31, 09:12 AM
This thread makes interesting reading. Wish I'd been around to witness some of it as it took place.

So do I. I logged on, looked at this thread and saw that they'd managed 10 pages in less than 24 hours.

Quincunx
2009-07-31, 09:22 AM
It unspooled with narrative, Thufir, like the finest vaudeville. I could not heckle with sufficient speed!

Sooner drop into the purest consciousness bubbling and boiling over and writhe there like a dance, a solo supple in the supplicium. I'm not middle-aged, but missed the 1970s when the flashbacks started to bite down and hold, cultural peer of a dead age. Good gods! Dragonrider, he was remembered in song! Now who is the locked-in daughter, the equivalent forgotten lass of your trinity?

I don't remember Dragonrider's poetry. Perhaps her calligraphy will stand in its place. Dragonrider is a visual artist.

Nameless
2009-07-31, 09:27 AM
I had a dare with a friend.

So yeah.

Hence the loss of will.

I read all the chapters and watched the MSTings on youtube.
Then me and some friends made a youtube MSTing of another Fanfic done by the same person, only this time it was about Twilight and put it on Youtube.
Good times. :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-07-31, 09:49 AM
Hey guys, just thought that I would drop by really quick. This is likely my last visit for the summer because I head back in 16 days. :smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2009-07-31, 09:50 AM

That is exactly what I think when I arrive at an interesting-looking thread that's already at page 6 or 7 by the time I see it.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-31, 09:52 AM
Hey guys, just thought that I would drop by really quick. This is likely my last visit for the summer because I head back in 16 days. :smallbiggrin:

*Tacklehugs*
Wolfbane! Hey buddy, how have you been lately?

Nameless
2009-07-31, 09:56 AM

Ohai! :D texttexttext

UncleWolf
2009-07-31, 09:58 AM
I'm doing alright. I found two trenchcoats yesterday. :smallbiggrin:

I gotta get going, see you all soon.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-31, 10:00 AM

Trenchcoats are cool, I wish I had one. *Wishes and hopes*

Seeya soon Wolfbane. Be well.

Nameless
2009-07-31, 10:01 AM

Byebye. .-.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-31, 10:02 AM
Byebye. .-.

Hi Nameless. How have you been lately?

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 10:46 AM
Hmm, I can check with my dad and see if he recalls any notable restaurants in South Florida, but, yeah... We kinda lived and stayed around the Central, North Central, Panhandle areas due to kith and kin.

What brings you to the tip of the Atlantic peninsula?

<_< It is ok, Fred. You need your sleep as a growing boy and most of this stuff happened at or after midnight your time, I believe.

DraPrime
2009-07-31, 11:01 AM
*yawn*

I haven't slept in 32 hours, but I feel fine. Sort of. However, something shocking just happened. Through pure luck I found out that I live in the same town as one playgrounder here. Quite surprising it was.

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 11:22 AM
Was it pleasant surprise or shock and terror?

<_< Anyone I'd know?

>_> Were they cool or did they freak out as well?

DraPrime
2009-07-31, 11:25 AM
Was it pleasant surprise or shock and terror?

<_< Anyone I'd know?

>_> Were they cool or did they freak out as well?

Pleasant surprise. And I think we both took it pretty well. It's Kopaka, in case you're wondering. I don't know if you know him.

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 11:33 AM
Nope. Although I seem to recollect having seen him discussing Philmont Scout Ranch in the Goodbye thread.

<_< So that's interesting, something about hiking probably at least >_>

Now you must go in search of the Pick! Of Destiny!

Destro_Yersul
2009-07-31, 11:35 AM

Hey, Wolfy's gonna be back soon! Awesome!

And now for something completely different.

The longest I've gone without sleep was, I think, 36 hours. I was tired as all hell by the end of that, but it needed to be done.

Rutskarn
2009-07-31, 12:00 PM
Hey, Wolfy's gonna be back soon! Awesome!

And now for something completely different.

The longest I've gone without sleep was, I think, 36 hours. I was tired as all hell by the end of that, but it needed to be done.

I didn't sleep for, like, 40 hours once. It involved an airplane and a great deal of stress.

Not surprisingly, I got sick.

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 12:03 PM
Yeah, that's generally wahat happens to me if I stay up too late. Generally I get to about 30 or so hours before I crash if I'm going for a long haul.

Changing biochemistry and all that lot did me in.

Cristo Meyers
2009-07-31, 12:04 PM
I topped out at around 2 and a half days. After that my body pretty much refused to work until I got some sleep.

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 12:13 PM
Heh... my body doesn't move around so good if I let it stop acting for longer than about half an hour after the first 20 hours of being awake. haha.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-31, 12:17 PM
I haven't gone for more than 18 hours without sleep before. I'm a lighweight.

I generally need my sleep.

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 12:22 PM
Well, it is essential. Especially with your constantly shifting teenage biochemistry, Fredled.

Some of us just function worse without sleep than others.

And then some of us simply just shut down if we reach our lack of sleep quota.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-31, 12:24 PM
Well, it is essential. Especially with your constantly shifting teenage biochemistry, Fredled.

Some of us just function worse without sleep than others.

And then some of us simply just shut down if we reach our lack of sleep quota.

I've never even try to go beyond more than I have to. That 18 hours was because I was going to Florida (had to wake up at 5am, get to the airport before 10am, and then spend the next 8 hours on an aeroplane).

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 12:34 PM
Eh, eventually you learn to fade in and out of consciousness like if you took that light sleeper feat in DND so you suffer no listen or spot check penalty whilst asleep.

Jack Squat
2009-07-31, 12:35 PM
Sleep, eh?

Longest I went without sleep is about 41 hours. I decided to call it quits because I was bored - not that I could have realistically gone a whole lot longer (couple hours, tops) and still be able to do anything physical.

What I find stranger about me is I don't need a lot of sleep; I only seem to need 5 or 6 hours per night...though that may explain why I'm not what you'd consider a morning person.

Phase
2009-07-31, 12:41 PM
Sleep sleep sleep.

Be sure to sleep well kiddies. I'll keep watch while you slumber.

Always...

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 12:44 PM
except when you're gone on business trips *sniffle*

Or Piccolo blows you up. :smallfrown:

Cristo Meyers
2009-07-31, 12:45 PM
except when you're gone on business trips *sniffle*

Or Piccolo blows you up. :smallfrown:

Didn't he do that more than once?

Or was that someone else?

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 12:46 PM
Master Roshi. Piccolo. A couple of others. Devilman.

Raiser Blade
2009-07-31, 01:01 PM
Hey wanna see my dragon balls?

Kaelaroth
2009-07-31, 01:03 PM
Hey wanna see my dragon balls?

Only if they're nicely washed.

Fredthefighter
2009-07-31, 01:03 PM
Master Roshi. Piccolo. A couple of others. Devilman.

A lot of cartoon characters do not like Phase for some reason. I mean, they make him explode a lot. :smallbiggrin:

Phase
2009-07-31, 01:04 PM
I just finished My Immortal. The brilliance is replaced my simple idiocy later on. First half is amazing, though.

Recaiden
2009-07-31, 01:06 PM
I can go quite a while without sleep, depending on what I'm doing: hiking up a mountain while low on sleep is harder than reading, etc. But I do much worse when I haven't gotten food, even if I might not necessarily need it.

Raiser Blade
2009-07-31, 01:08 PM
I have the strongth of 10,000 snorelax >:I

I do not slepp

Kaelaroth
2009-07-31, 01:09 PM
I just finished My Immortal. The brilliance is replaced my simple idiocy later on. First half is amazing, though.

... The song?

Dragonrider
2009-07-31, 01:13 PM
... The song?

The shipfic. From p. 9 of this thread::

XD

Or, just finished.

God. Kill me now?

On sleep: the longest I've ever been awake is 36 hours, but it was because of an intercontinental plane flight. not an experience I want to repeat.

Kaelaroth
2009-07-31, 01:31 PM
I was just about to start a thread about friends in the playground, but decided against it.
Could get nasty?

Player_Zero
2009-07-31, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't know the longest I've stayed awake, but it's like to border on the permanant brain damage side of the sleep depravation spectrum.

Reinholdt
2009-07-31, 01:39 PM
Cristo Meyers reminds me of that crazy drunk guy who suicides against the aliens in that Will Smith movie Independence Day.

/random

Blame Angelic Slayer for this.

Cristo Meyers
2009-07-31, 01:41 PM
Cristo Meyers reminds me of that crazy drunk guy who suicides against the aliens in that Will Smith movie Independence Day.

/random

Blame Angelic Slayer for this.

I 'kin fly *hic* I'm...pilot...

CurlyKitGirl
2009-07-31, 01:44 PM
XD

Or, just finished.

God. Kill me now?

*whimpers*
I'm only on chapter ten and it's agonisingly stupid and the spelling and the grammar and the plot and the mary sues and the sheer godawful moronicness is physically painful.
Plus Little Sister keeps asking what's wrong as I'm whimpering out loud.

And yet within this the typos idiocy makes for some accidental fun.

the only way you can kill a vampire is with a c-r-o-s-s (there’s no way I’m writing that) or a steak) and Vampire was probably watching a depressing movie like The Corpse Bride.

COurse, within about five paragraphs it turns out a vampire can apparently commit suicide.

Also, The Corpse Bride isn't a depressing film. I love that film, can't wait for Alice in WOnderland to come out, I saw a trailer/clip of the Chesire Cat and he was weird. :smallsmile:

EDIT: And "Loopin" has a "womb". I just . . . what?

Phase
2009-07-31, 01:48 PM
And "Loopin" has a "womb". I just . . . what?

Oh, Lumpin's wand? Yeah, he uses that.

Raiser Blade
2009-07-31, 01:48 PM
I was just about to start a thread about friends in the playground, but decided against it.
Could get nasty?

i think it will turn into a flaunting of e-penises but hey you'll never know unless you try-try-try-try

CurlyKitGirl
2009-07-31, 01:55 PM
Oh, Lumpin's wand? Yeah, he uses that.

Ugh.
Some of this stuff has to be deliberate. It just has to be. No American seventeen year old girl (assuming it's a self - insert) can spell that badly. A two year old can keep a basic plot and not - gods.
As the Goddess of the Written Word this has gone far too far. Even if it is a probably deconstruction.
I shall Smite! it.

Em Blackleaf
2009-07-31, 01:59 PM
I just . . . what?
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on it.
I listened to a recording of a guy reading some of it, pronouncing all of the spelling errors. It was a little depressing but very funny.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-07-31, 02:05 PM
On chapter twenty seven now. I am certain a two year old could plot and write a better story.
I don't know why I'm reading this; if it's a deconstruction it's gone too far and is just plain hideously brain destroying. If not: how could someone write this?
The names are almost never 'spelt' correctly and half the time you can't tell who any of the supprting characters are; and the author clearly has no idea of even the most basic fact of the series, films or country it's set in.

The only way I can preserve my pride in any system of education is to pretend it's all deliberate.

Why am I reading this?
I figured out the answer: It's the literary equivalent of an eighty car pile on on a motorway right next to a train crash. You just have to slow down to look at the carnage.

Morty
2009-07-31, 02:07 PM
I never could bear it to read My Immortal, myself. I click on the link, read the beginning... and I give up.

Cristo Meyers
2009-07-31, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't even dare try, because I know if I did I would find myself tempted to try and do something worse.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-07-31, 02:12 PM
I never could bear it to read My Immortal, myself. I click on the link, read the beginning... and I give up.

Lucky.

I'm still applying logic to this thing. ANd I don't know why! There aren't plot holes or chronology problems in the story. Because there's nothing holding this 'chapters' together.
I know nothing about these bands but I'm pretty certain 'evinezenz' existed before 'Gren Day' seeing as I listened to the former before I was in Y9 and it was an established band even then. Whereas 'Gren Day' I've only heard of for the past three or four years.

I wish I wasn't so close to the end that it'd make no sense to give up now. Not when I'm so close to finishing it.
. . . And is Tom Bombadil really in it?? That's just wrong.
And I don't particularly like LotR. AND HOW CAN HE KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE!!!???!!!!!

If my brain melts, I'm suing DeeRee.

Cristo Meyers
2009-07-31, 02:13 PM
Green Day predates Evanessence by a good 4 years.

Wait, why am I defending this?

Morty
2009-07-31, 02:14 PM
Tom Bombadil appears there and knows the future? Hm, it suddenly sounds tempting. In a "let's see what happens if I push this red button" kind of way. Or it would, if it weren't for the writing style of a blog made by a 10-year-old.

Destro_Yersul
2009-07-31, 02:23 PM
Oh dear. I'm glad I've never written anything quite that terrible. Have I? Please tell me I haven't...

Phase
2009-07-31, 02:44 PM
Tom Bombadil is Tom Riddle.

Marty McFly, though, is Marty McFly.

Tiger Duck
2009-07-31, 02:48 PM
and that is why I will never read it. It really can't be as bad as I think it will be

CurlyKitGirl
2009-07-31, 02:59 PM
@Cristo: that means she got something right!
@Destro: you have never ever written anything this bad, and noone ever will again.

I, just, no, never again. I can't believe this was written. It has its own page on TVTropes too.

Destro_Yersul
2009-07-31, 03:19 PM
That's somewhat comforting. Yay for being not terrible at writing!

horngeek
2009-07-31, 03:28 PM
Right. The list is now:
Em Blackleaf
SMEE, current avvie.
CurlyKitGirl (but Dr. Bath will be asked for permission to base somthing off his artwork.)

Also, is My Immortal really that bad?

Quincunx
2009-07-31, 03:29 PM
It's fiction. There will always be that gentle barrier of "this is not intended to be reality" preventing fiction from inflicting the most grievous wounds. (It's why roleplaying is so safe and cozy. Even in the midst of screaming drama, there's always the fiction of a persona and the option to stop roleplaying.) Someone has written some polemic, on an equal level, about a topic which began as non-fiction. That is writing to be pitied and feared. Heck, trot on over to the "Is your child a Goth?" thread and witness it for yourself.

Neko Toast
2009-07-31, 03:37 PM
Ah, My Immortal. Good times, gooood times.

I think it's laughably bad. I even held a panel at an anime convention where we read it to an audience. We even had the audience join in and read different characters. :smallbiggrin: I'm doing this panel again in November.

Player_Zero
2009-07-31, 03:50 PM
Scrabble anyone? Lexulous. Multiplayer Raum.

eidreff
2009-07-31, 04:11 PM
snip. ..written anything this bad, and noone ever will again.

A challenge? I am sure that if we tried hard enough.... :P

On a serious note I have not had time to read much, and am forcing myself to be selective at the moment.... all the talk of My Immortal piques ones interest, but I shall resist for now.

Although the title does make me think of My Little Pony for some reason :S

Player_Zero
2009-07-31, 05:17 PM
So... No one up for scrabble then?

Rutskarn
2009-07-31, 05:37 PM
@Cristo: that means she got something right!
@Destro: you have never ever written anything this bad, and noone ever will again.

I'd dispute that. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxyZaZlaOs)

Player_Zero
2009-07-31, 05:56 PM
And then, with no one to play with, Zero played scrabble by himself then cried himself to sleep.

Dragonrider
2009-07-31, 06:30 PM
I'd dispute that. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxyZaZlaOs)

Did you actually READ My Immortal?

Jalor
2009-07-31, 06:40 PM

Have to agree there. There's absolutely nothing that can touch My Immortal. It's like the SWAP.avi of fanfiction.

Recaiden
2009-07-31, 06:44 PM

Just because we've never come across something worse, doesn't mean it isn't out there. I doubt it though. The worst parts were the interjections by the author, I think. Although there's nothing in it that could be called good.

Je dit Viola
2009-07-31, 06:59 PM
Right. The list is now:
Em Blackleaf
SMEE, current avvie.
CurlyKitGirl (but Dr. Bath will be asked for permission to base something off his artwork.)

Cool! I would like to join! It sounds fun, except I'm still tied up in your cave in "I would, but" thread.

(edit: why do I always get the top post of a new page?)

Mr.Moron
2009-07-31, 07:00 PM
Just because we've never come across something worse, doesn't mean it isn't out there.

You know what they should do a story about?

The Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future teams up with Snowball from Pinky and the Brain to learn the secret magic of raising Chocolate Cake Golems and finally put and end to the Trix Rabbit.

That would be at least... 3 different kinds of awesome, probably 4.

EDIT: Where "They" is just someone. Not anyone specific.

Assassin89
2009-07-31, 07:07 PM
I thought of something worse than My Immortal. It's My Immortal being read by Cedric the Owl from King's Quest V. A combination of horrible voice acting and bad plot could become torture.

Mr. Mud
2009-07-31, 07:19 PM
I just got to chapter 4-ish of My Immortal... It's already NSFW.

Is the author, like, 12? Or is it a joke?

Recaiden
2009-07-31, 07:26 PM

I think that it is sadly serious. And I know 5 year olds, not to mention 10 and 12 year olds who write better.

wadledo
2009-07-31, 07:26 PM

Yes.
Yes it is.

billtodamax
2009-07-31, 07:27 PM
For the sake of my sanity I will assume that it is a joke.

horngeek
2009-07-31, 07:41 PM
Goody!

List is:
Em Blackleaf
SMEE, current avvie.
CurlyKitGirl (but Dr. Bath will be asked for permission to base something off his artwork.)
Je dit Viola

Okay, I said ten, but seven
is enough. I'll ask Dr. Bath, then commission!

Raiser Blade
2009-07-31, 07:45 PM
Goody!

List is:
Em Blackleaf
SMEE, current avvie.
Je dit Viola

When I first saw your name I thought it was hornygeek... :smallwink::smallredface::smallwink:

anyways my avatar is actually miko but you could use it if you want to

Recaiden
2009-07-31, 07:49 PM
Goody!

List is:
Em Blackleaf
SMEE, current avvie.
Je dit Viola

Hey? I gave you pick of at least 5 of my old avatars.

Dogmantra
2009-07-31, 07:51 PM
I decided my sanity could do with a good sacrificing...

I'm reading My Immortal, I have just got to "chapter" 23. By far the best line so far is: "Snap was spying on me and he was taking a video tape of me! And Loopin was masticating to it!"

Assassin89
2009-07-31, 07:55 PM
Goody!

List is:
Em Blackleaf
SMEE, current avvie.
Je dit Viola

I'll gladly volunteer one of my genderbent avatars for this task
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/Beckermana/femaleAdwrenTwinleaf.pngGB'd Twinleaf

Edit: Recaiden, please put some pants on your avatar :smalleek:

horngeek
2009-07-31, 07:57 PM
See, if we have too many it gets crowded. This'd probably end up as a siggable banner type, so there's a limit.

Recaiden
2009-07-31, 08:04 PM
See, if we have too many it gets crowded. This'd probably end up as a siggable banner type, so there's a limit.

Well, just take the girl with the helmet then.

@Assassin: It's to show support of the nudity thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120081), since Methos Hazara was making them.

billtodamax
2009-07-31, 08:07 PM
I decided my sanity could do with a good sacrificing...

I'm reading My Immortal, I have just got to "chapter" 23. By far the best line so far is: "Snap was spying on me and he was taking a video tape of me! And Loopin was masticating to it!"

Loopin was... chewing? What? Uh.

Alteran
2009-07-31, 08:16 PM
Loopin was... chewing? What? Uh.

You really think that's what they meant? :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2009-07-31, 08:21 PM
Obviously. What else could they have meant? :smalltongue:

Je dit Viola
2009-07-31, 08:23 PM
Oh, but you'll have to ask Shades of Grey to do me. In fact, I'll PM a thing right now, so you don't have to.

horngeek
2009-07-31, 08:25 PM
Yes...

can all Maidens please ask their avvie-makers whether they can have their avvies used?

Also, reccommendations to draw it!

I'm thinking Serpentine.

Rutskarn
2009-07-31, 08:38 PM
Heh. Naked week would either be the best or the worst avatar week ever.

Depending largely on whether or not I participated.

horngeek
2009-07-31, 08:38 PM
Heh. Another silly idea: Damsel week.

Dogmantra
2009-07-31, 08:39 PM
Heh. Naked week would either be the best or the worst avatar week ever.

Depending largely on whether or not I participated.

You arrogant...

Hang on! Self-deprecation! Tee hee, Rutskarn admitted to being "inept", if you will!

Rutskarn
2009-07-31, 08:39 PM
Heh. Another silly idea: Damsel week.

I don't think you guys want a repeat of gender-swapped week.

http://www.chocolatehammer.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/bloghorrorbeyondimagining.jpg

@Dogmantra: I think it's safe that, barring Tsukiko, nobody wants to see that.

In fact, canonically, the character Rutskarn...doesn't really...he was dead, you see, for a few weeks, and...

I'm going to use the same comparison I always use. You know what they say about people with big noses? Well, take a good look at Rutskarn's face and draw your own conclusions.

horngeek
2009-07-31, 08:42 PM
No, Damsel week. Inspired by the cliche of Damsel being sacrificed to Dragon/Evil Deity.

Rutskarn
2009-07-31, 08:44 PM
No, Damsel week. Inspired by the cliche of Damsel being sacrificed to Dragon/Evil Deity.

Yeah, right. So imagine that last image with a pretty pink dress instead of a tasteful magenta pantsuit.

Dogmantra
2009-07-31, 08:48 PM
You know what they say about people with big noses?

They Sneeze a lot?

Rutskarn
2009-07-31, 08:48 PM
They Sneeze a lot?

Sure. Okay.

Dogmantra
2009-07-31, 08:50 PM
I'm... glad we came to this agreement.

Random fact: Last night I thought about NaNoWriMo... Yeah, I'm thinking about it three months in advance. I get the feeling my piece will be entitled A Book in Which Several Seemingly Unconnected Things Happen and there is a Vague Feeling of Inconclusiveness.

Rutskarn
2009-07-31, 08:52 PM
I'm preparing for the PeFiWriLi, or the Personal Fiction Writing Lifetime. It entails writing various lengths and articles of fiction at my own pace, forever.

Seriously, though, I don't think NaNoWriMo's my thing.

Technically, I do have the ChaHaWriWe*, though--the Chocolate Hammer Writing Week, where I have to write an entirely unprepared short story, start to finish, using a variety of randomly-assigned terms at a rate of two pages a day for a week.

*I really need a better name for it. Ideas?

Philistine
2009-07-31, 08:53 PM
I think that it is sadly serious. And I know 5 year olds, not to mention 10 and 12 year olds who write better.

Likewise. On the other hand, I also know college-age young adults, not to mention teenagers and pre-teens, who write as badly as that and possibly worse. Then again, most of them aren't particularly interested in writing; they wouldn't write something like "My Immortal" if only because to them it'd seem too much like work.

Dogmantra
2009-07-31, 08:55 PM
I'm preparing for the PeFiWriLi, or the Personal Fiction Writing Lifetime. It entails writing various lengths and articles of fiction at my own pace, forever.

Seriously, though, I don't think NaNoWriMo's my thing.

It wouldn't be my thing, but I have been writing a "novel" for over a year now. I have *opens up file* 3180 words actually written of it, 1447 words of background info on the world, and 1219 words outlining the story which are frequently ignored by me.

I NEED MOTIVATION!

Dragonrider
2009-07-31, 09:11 PM
I've written (and then edited at least three times each) three and a half novels in the last year.

One needs to be completely rewritten. One needs one-third to be rewritten. Two I still like. :smallsigh:

And here I am, off to college in 27 days.

WHERE will I find the time?

Dogmantra
2009-07-31, 09:14 PM
I've written (and then edited at least three times each) three and a half novels in the last year.

YOU'RE NOT HELPING, DEEREE!

Alteran
2009-07-31, 09:30 PM
I like writing, but I've really never done much more than short stories.

Je dit Viola
2009-07-31, 09:53 PM
I've asked Shades of Gray, but I don't know his exact answer. He answered...but not really in the way that I expected. So, blah and blah happens, and either: 1) He replied to you. 2) He's learning up on his facts before replying. 3) He's coming up with a fancy way to reply, or...4) he did answer and I somehow missed it.

Oh, and I like writing too. I've written a book or two (granted...they were simplistic)

Mando Knight
2009-07-31, 09:58 PM

One needs to be completely rewritten. One needs one-third to be rewritten. Two I still like. :smallsigh:

And here I am, off to college in 27 days.

WHERE will I find the time?

I dunno, by slacking off on studying?

(Disclaimer: This is a pretty bad idea. I lost around $20000 of renewable scholarships from doing this. I'm actually rather lazy.)

horngeek
2009-07-31, 10:00 PM
1) is true. He asked me exactly what for, and said it was okay. According to him, that avvie doesn't reflect the current character, though.

Player_Zero
2009-07-31, 10:06 PM
So... Anyone want to play scrabble now? I'll keep the lexulous window open for a while...

Nano
2009-07-31, 10:28 PM
I will! Unfortunately, I guess that was quite a while ago that you said that. And the whimpering would be heard for miles around.

Alteran
2009-07-31, 10:29 PM
I'll play too, if you're both still interested.

Player_Zero
2009-07-31, 10:32 PM
And then three people show up within two minutes of one another. What's up with that?

We're waiting for you, you know.

Nano
2009-07-31, 10:39 PM

Is that so? Then where are you?

Recaiden
2009-07-31, 10:45 PM

Yes, we are. Waiting for you. Multiplayer Room.

Je dit Viola
2009-07-31, 10:58 PM
Oh, cool. Now I don't have to wonder anymore. (Thanks Shades!)

...(and thanks Horngeek for letting my avatar join in)
I guess...that
that avvie doesn't reflect the current character, though. this is because her hair is shoulder-length right now. And she changes her clothes once in a while (*shocked at this revelation*). I'm sure everyone else changes their clothes once in a while too. Or at least washes them.

horngeek
2009-07-31, 11:00 PM
Yeah, Shades said as much.

So, how has everyone gone with getting permission from their avatar-makers?

MethosH
2009-07-31, 11:23 PM
Question: What you do when somebody fu*** up your night?

SDF
2009-07-31, 11:28 PM
Well thats a pretty broad description of what happened, and so my only to broad enough solutions are video games, and drink.

MethosH
2009-07-31, 11:31 PM
Well thats a pretty broad description of what happened, and so my only to broad enough solutions are video games, and drink.

Ok here is the big picture... There you are... living your life... Being the happiest guy on the face of the freaking planet... and them somebody says something that fu*** up the entire bloody night and you start feeling miserable :smallmad:

Player_Zero
2009-07-31, 11:42 PM
It depends on what it was.

If Recaiden has died at the keyboard we need one more for scrabble.

MethosH
2009-07-31, 11:52 PM
It depends on what it was.

If Recaiden has died at the keyboard we need one more for scrabble.

I'm up to it... how do I join?

Alteran
2009-07-31, 11:53 PM
I'm up to it... how do I join?

Sorry, Recaiden came back.

MethosH
2009-07-31, 11:55 PM
lol, thats ok, I'll watch family guy.

horngeek
2009-08-01, 12:31 AM
Right. The list is now:
Em Blackleaf
SMEE, current avvie.
Je dit Viola (and Shades of Grey has given permission for his work to be the base)
Recaiden has also volunteered one of his avatars for this.

MethosH
2009-08-01, 12:38 AM
Wait.. what? What are you guys doing with your avatars?

Recaiden
2009-08-01, 12:39 AM
Sacrificing them to appease the evil Gold Dragon Horngeek. But yours is a Modron, and thus unlikely to be needed.

horngeek
2009-08-01, 12:40 AM
Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6619765#post6619765) to the relevant post.

I got ninja'd, it seems. I AM NOT EVIL!

MethosH
2009-08-01, 12:44 AM
Oh! I see.... I would love to see the final art.
Anyway, if you end up with any avatar made by me, feel free to use it :smalltongue:

Rutskarn
2009-08-01, 01:58 AM
Time for another edition of...Rutskarn's Steam Chat Logs!

(Name Withheld): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpsbj0OoeNo
(Name Withheld): Saw this, thought of you.
[ChHa] Rutskarn: Gee. Thanks.
(Name Withheld): :D
[ChHa] Rutskarn: Saw this bloated rat carcass on my front lawn today. Smelled like a thousand trench-bound deaths.
[ChHa] Rutskarn: Thought of your mother.

I'm a people person!

billtodamax
2009-08-01, 02:03 AM
My mind is confused over whether to scold you or congratulate you.

Rutskarn
2009-08-01, 02:04 AM
That's fair.

Tiger Duck
2009-08-01, 02:04 AM
That's horrible, why would someone link something so horrible

Coidzor
2009-08-01, 02:05 AM
^: Why post something so horrible indeed... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypp1y9zfAv8)

I cannot believe my eyes.... I was seeing so much red I had to stop that video after about 44 seconds... :smalleek:

Also, I had my first official driving school for reducing the cost of insurance lesson yesterday.

Which was good, because my parents were refusing to teach me parallel parking despite my upcoming license exam. Something about being in fear for their lives.:smallconfused:

Which is really funny, because I've driven them across country before at breakneck speeds, like, on those highways where 70 is the minimum speed rather than the maximum. Parallel parking is so slow it's a miracle if you leave even a scratch in the paint job if you tap one of the other bumpers. Heck. Cats, dogs, and small children are able to easily evade the car at such speeds.

MethosH
2009-08-01, 02:09 AM
Holy magic cat! That was the worst song I ever heard!

Rutskarn
2009-08-01, 02:09 AM
That's horrible, why would someone link something so horrible

Well, that's exactly my point right there. If I was hitting below the belt, it was because he opened with mustard gas.

billtodamax
2009-08-01, 02:14 AM
I... I just listened to the song. I'm sorry Rutskarn, I commend your restraint, I would have bombed his house.

Rutskarn
2009-08-01, 02:16 AM
It wouldn't be my thing, but I have been writing a "novel" for over a year now. I have *opens up file* 3180 words actually written of it, 1447 words of background info on the world, and 1219 words outlining the story which are frequently ignored by me.

I NEED MOTIVATION!

Sorry, just noticed this.

Want to know how I work up the motivation to write 5 times a week?

Like this. (http://www.chocolatehammer.org/)

You get feedback, you get a littabit of exposure, and you're answerable to more people than yourself if you backslide like hell. It scares me straight.

billtodamax
2009-08-01, 02:37 AM
...Dammit Rut. Now I'm stuck in your blog.

Coidzor
2009-08-01, 02:39 AM
Soon it will be the TVtropes of literary exercises.
@_@ YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE.
So, I had a kitten riding around on my hat for a little while there. Is that cute or just stupid/silly/disturbing?

billtodamax
2009-08-01, 02:43 AM
Kittens can never be anything other than cute and vindictive.

Coidzor
2009-08-01, 02:58 AM
Well, that's good, because they hurt my feet with their teeth and claws.

Also. SMBC + http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=1593#comic = NSFW brilliance.

Other than the lack of a space anyway.;..

horngeek
2009-08-01, 03:20 AM
The list now is:
Em Blackleaf (The maker of the avatar seems to have left)
EleventhHour, her Roman Avatar. Elder Tsofu has been PMed for permission to use his avvie.
SMEE, current avvie. Ceika has already approved.
Mauve Shirt. Her normal avvie, not the Dragon week one. Since there are multiple versions of it, I don't think one particular person needs to give permission.
CurlyKitGirl (but Dr. Bath has been PM'ed for permission to base something off his artwork)
Je dit Viola (and Shades of Grey has given permission for his work to be the base)

Coidzor
2009-08-01, 03:32 AM
The list now is:
Em Blackleaf (The maker of the avatar seems to have left)
EleventhHour, her Roman Avatar. Elder Tsofu has been PMed for permission to use his avvie.
SMEE, current avvie. Ceika has already approved.
Mauve Shirt. Her normal avvie, not the Dragon week one. Since there are multiple versions of it, I don't think one particular person needs to give permission.
CurlyKitGirl (but Dr. Bath has been PM'ed for permission to base something off his artwork)

See, this... ... this is just silly. Seriously. Why on earth do you feel the need to specify that it's to be from her usual avatar rather than a throwaway dragon for a special avatar week? :smallconfused:

<_< And are you asking for permission from the artists or contributions for some kind of collaborative thing?

horngeek
2009-08-01, 03:48 AM
There's a banner idea, on page 9.

And I feel the need to specify, because EleventhHour's contributing avvie is the Roman/Greek one.

And Fredthefighter's cont. avatar is his GB one.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-01, 03:55 AM
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2931/dallosdakkotagbwiiiqp7.gif
I'l let ya know that I'm made by Bisected.:smallwink:

:amused:

Alleine
2009-08-01, 03:57 AM
It turns out I'm going to be born soon, or something along those lines. Apparently my parents feel the need to give me things for accomplishing this massive feat, although I don't think I'm going to put a whole lot of effort into it. After all, how much can I do from my end? But of course who am I to refuse free things?

Unfortunately, I am the absolute worst person ever at deciding what sorts of things to ask for, since my parents rarely have any clue as to what I want I have to tell them, but I rarely know what I myself want. Makes for predictable gifts, but I've never been one to make make the celebration of my continued survival a big deal.

I've heard a few chaps and ladies here mention some obscure fellow named Terry Pratchett as a sort of man who occasionally writes a few words that are nice to look at, and I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to where I should should start with his pretty scribbles. I think they'd make a decent enough gift for myself, as I am fond of the occasional scribble.

On a completely different note, I really wish I could fall asleep before 2 AM.

horngeek
2009-08-01, 04:27 AM
Yes. Terry Pratchett is highly recommended.

billtodamax
2009-08-01, 04:44 AM
For specific books, small gods is a nice unconnected starting point (unconnected in that it's a standalone book with no prequels or sequels) and I heartily recommend the Night Watch books, starting with... guards guards? I think? Either that or men at arms.

Dogmantra
2009-08-01, 04:56 AM
Sorry, just noticed this.

Want to know how I work up the motivation to write 5 times a week?

Like this. (http://www.chocolatehammer.org/)

You get feedback, you get a littabit of exposure, and you're answerable to more people than yourself if you backslide like hell. It scares me straight.

That's strange, because I already do that, though not 5 times a week (http://dogmantra.wordpress.com)

billtodamax
2009-08-01, 05:00 AM
NO! I WILL NOT CLICK ANOTHER BLOG!

I just got out of Rutty's...

Dogmantra
2009-08-01, 05:01 AM
IT IS NOT A BLOG!
Besides, there are nowhere near as many posts as Rutsy's, since I only started it on the 17th.

And that Video Games song is terrible. I suggest we use it for BlackoutRolling now!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-01, 05:04 AM
Wait, we're posting Blogs (http://williamcmonster.blogspot.com/2009/07/plagarism-and-update.html)?

billtodamax
2009-08-01, 05:06 AM
Oh yeah, and Rutty? You need to move Part three of your morrow wind LP into the LP section.

*throws blanket over blog links and Not A Blog links*

Dogmantra
2009-08-01, 05:07 AM
Wait, we're posting Blogs (http://williamcmonster.blogspot.com/2009/07/plagarism-and-update.html)?

Not necessarily, it's just Rutsky told me I should write a blog/notblog, and I pointed out that I already did, whilst cleverly slipping a link into the conversation.

I AM A GENIUS!

horngeek
2009-08-01, 06:27 AM
Okay, Bisected just PM'd me permission for you, DD.

randman22222
2009-08-01, 06:53 AM
Too many pages... Not inclined to catch up...

Sooo. Today was interesting. There was a protest/riot, depending on who you ask. (Police or protesters/rioters.) We were trying to go to some zoo that sounded interesting, but police had cordoned off the entire inner city. I get home, look up the news, and it turns out while we were getting dinner, the police were lobbing tear gas canisters at the protesters. :smallconfused:

The protests were against some legislation that would allow detention without trial, for indefinite amounts of time.
And now I wish I had been there with a camera. Photojournalism kinda interests me.

dish
2009-08-01, 11:47 AM
Randy: which city are you in now?

Coidz: You remember the kitten I've been hand-rearing for the past 6 weeks? (I named him Custard.) Well, he's just got to the really fun stage where he's started playing, chasing, running, and attacking things. Except he's still so tiny and so un-coordinated that it's absolutely adoreable. He just lost a fight with one of my bra straps. (I wasn't wearing the bra. JFYI.) And his favourite toy is a little plastic drinking straw.

Rutskarn
2009-08-01, 11:58 AM
Bill--I wish I could pretend that sort of mistake was uncharacteristic.

Recaiden
2009-08-01, 12:08 PM
Soon it will be the TVtropes of literary exercises.
@_@ YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE.
So, I had a kitten riding around on my hat for a little while there. Is that cute or just stupid/silly/disturbing?

No, it's cute.

And that's an interesting name for a cat :smallwink:

It's still Kuala Lumpur, right?

RabbitHoleLost
2009-08-01, 12:27 PM
Rand, I am always always worried about you. Seems like you're always in the middle of strife.
:smallfrown:

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-01, 01:11 PM
I've heard a few chaps and ladies here mention some obscure fellow named Terry Pratchett as a sort of man who occasionally writes a few words that are nice to look at, and I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to where I should should start with his pretty scribbles. I think they'd make a decent enough gift for myself, as I am fond of the occasional scribble.

Move over!
Resident Pratchett fangirl and 'expert' coming through!

There are several arcs in the Discworld series as well as standalones. The arcs are:
Rincewind/Wizards Arc: The Colour of Magic, The Light Fantastic (these two are the first two books, directly follow on from one another and are generally regarded as some of the poorest in the series; a more straight up parody of the heroic fantasy genre. Good, but not representative of the series as it grows up) about the world ending, Sourcery (world going to end via magic), Eric (demons!), Interesting Times (potential war must be averted), The Last Continent (Rincewind must save 'Australia'!), Science of the Discworld I, II and III (technically, these three are 50% science, 50% story and very, very good) (save ROundworld (Earth) from various things) and finally the upcoming Unseen Academicals (Wizards + football) to be released in the UK in October.
Generally this is seen as the 'weakest' arc of the lot; but I'd still recommend Interesting Times and The Last COntinent out of these.
The Witches/Tiffany Arc: Equal Rites (non - indicative of how the arc truly is later on - this arc is more about taking and deconstructing literature. Shakespeare, fairy tales and vampires all come under attack), Wyrd Sisters (Macbeth + Discworld), WItches Abroad (fairly tales + Discworld), Lords and Ladies (Midsummer Night's Dream and faery lore (especially Celtic) + Discworld), Maskerade (Phatom of the Opera + Discworld), Carpe Jugulum (vampyres + Discworld). The witch arc then fades into the Tiffany series 'for children'; this goes: The Wee Free Men, A Hat Fll of Sky, Wintersmith and the upcoming I Shall Wear Midnight to be released next year.
This is a divisive arc, some like it, others don't; but I'd recommend all of them except Equal Rites.
The Death Arc: What's it like to be Death? This arc finds out. Mort (Death gets an apprentice), Reaper Man (Death is made redundant and mortal, things stop dying and a subplot happens), Soul Music (Death goes on holiday and his granddaughter takes over. Rock music is involved), Hogfather (Death takes over the Hogfather's (Discworld Father Christmas') job, Thief of Time (time starts going wrong. The civil service is involved. And monks). The latter can also be argued as a stand alone, but Susan is involved heavily so I class it here.
This is one of the best arcs in the series and pretty much everyone loves it. Mort is definitely the weakest of them; Reaper Man is often touted as one of the best book in the entire series. A view with which I agree. Death appears in every single Discworld book bar one, and he's probably the most popular character; definitely in the top three for most.
The Watch Arc: Mystery and political intrigue in Ankh - Morpork (mostly). Guards! Guards! (here be dragon. Vetinari demonstrates how awesome he is despite being a minor character.), Men At Arms (a new weapon is going around assassinating people. The Watch investigates), Feet of Clay (who's going around killing harmless old men? Who's trying to kill the Patrician? Vetinari displays more awesome despite being a minor character), Jingo (Ankh - Morpork goes to war! Vimes and Vetinari, despite being only a secondary character, displays yet more awesome), The Fifth Elephant (Vimes goes on a diplomatic mission, he displays more awesome. A relic gets stolen), Night Watch (Vimes is sent back in time; he and Young!Vetinari display more awesome), Thud! (species difficulties and an evil entity all revolve around a board game).
Probably the best arc and has a lot of fantastic writing and characters. Vimes is regarded as one of the best, most rounded characters in the series. I'd recommend all these books, but Night Watch and Thud! are probably the best.
The Moist (von Lipwig) Arc: Going Postal (Ankh - Morpork's Post Office gets revitalised), Making Money (same as the previous, but with a Royal Mint). People tend to love the former, and see the second as a rehash. The third is heavily hinted to be about taxes. GOing Postal's the most recommended from here.
Standalone: Pyramids (Egypt + Discworld), Moving Pictures(Discworld + cinema), Small Gods (a novice is on a misson from God Om. Currently a tortoise.), The Truth (Ankh - Morpork gets its first newspaper), The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents (a 'childrens' book. Pied Piper of Hamlin + Discworld), Monstrous Regiment (a woman cross dresses and joins the army; Vimes cameos and pretty much steals the book), The Last Hero (a graphic novel which is basically a crossover of the Rincewind and Watch arcs; very, very good and the artwork is amazing).
Hands down, Small Gods is the best of these, then The Truth. Monstrous Regiment is the weakest of these. By miles.

Non - Discworld:
The Johnny Trilogy - kids gets involved in various hijinks.
The Bromeliad Trilogy - nomes [sic] try to find their home.
The Carpet People - his first ever book.
Strata - the very tentative beginnings of Discworld are seen here.
The Dark Side of the Sun - can't remember. Never read.
Good Omens - the Anitchrist has been mislead and the Apocalypse is due to happen in a few days! Cowritten with Neil Gaiman.
Nation - a catastrophe on an islands leads to a coming of age story and revolution of society.
Recommendations: GOOD OMENS and NATION! You read them now! Awesome. Especially Good Omens.

Thus ends my list. And it's entirely complete. Not including the almanacs and extras, Flocklore of the Discworld or the book about the cat. I think.
And see the films.

Morty
2009-08-01, 01:15 PM
Generally this is seen as the 'weakest' arc of the lot; but I'd still recommend Interesting Times and The Last COntinent out of these.

I've never seen why this is the case; it was the books with Rincewind that drew me to Discworld in the first place, and I enjoy them more than, say, the Watch books. Though my Discworld preferences tend to stand out, as I prefer Mort to Reaper Man for example. Though I love Pratchett's incredibly cynical yet brutally accurate presentation of society as a whole in the later books to bits.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-01, 01:16 PM
The book about the cat. I think.
I loved that book when I was younger, ever so much.
*thinks back to happier times*

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-01, 01:18 PM
Curly once again proves why she's Goddess of the Written word. I'd second most of those recommendations, but she pretty much said it all already.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-01, 01:43 PM
I've never seen why this is the case; it was the books with Rincewind that drew me to Discworld in the first place, and I enjoy them more than, say, the Watch books. Though my Discworld preferences tend to stand out, as I prefer Mort to Reaper Man for example. Though I love Pratchett's incredibly cynical yet brutally accurate presentation of society as a whole in the later books to bits.

Hence the "generally".
I was representing the average opinion, then giving my personal recommendations. I mean, I don't particularly like The Fifth Elephany or Thief of Time that much, but I genuinely like the Witches Arc even though quite a few people see it as a weak one despite Granny.
But, like you, I love his later books, gods, they've made me teary eyed so many times. Especially Night Watch. And Reaper Man's just lovely.
Controversially I'm not all that keen on Small Gods though I recognise how good it is, and I prefer The Truth to it.
So "generally".

I loved that book when I was younger, ever so much.
*thinks back to happier times*

It's the only one of his books I've never seen; not even in a charity shop.

Curly once again proves why she's Goddess of the Written word. I'd second most of those recommendations, but she pretty much said it all already.

I just got there first and I have a prodigious memory. Plus the whole fangirl thing to help.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-01, 01:45 PM
H
Controversially I'm not all that keen on Small Gods though I recognise how good it is, and I prefer The Truth to it.

Eek! Controversial! :smalltongue: I hated The Truth.
Also, contrary to you, loved the second Moist book, and Monstrous Regiment.

Morty
2009-08-01, 01:50 PM
Especially Night Watch. And Reaper Man's just lovely.

Though I agree that Night Watch is good, Reaper Man is sort of like two books in one. One of them, containing the story of Death is absolutely great. The one containing Windle Poons is mostly just weird.

I adore Small Gods myself, though many of the reasons of said adoration aren't forum-friendly.

Also, is "The Book about The Cat" The Unadulterated Cat?

Kaelaroth
2009-08-01, 01:51 PM

No, I think she means The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents.

Morty
2009-08-01, 01:52 PM
No, I think she means The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents.

That does make more sense. I forgot about it for some reason.

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-01, 01:59 PM
I just got there first and I have a prodigious memory. Plus the whole fangirl thing to help.

You're proving my point, y'know. :smalltongue:

I've got a fairly good memory myself, but I wouldn't have remembered all that.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-01, 02:13 PM
Eek! Controversial! :smalltongue: I hated The Truth.
Also, contrary to you, loved the second Moist book, and Monstrous Regiment.

How could you hate The Truth? And while I don't love Monstrous Regiment I quite like it, though the climax of the whole thing was a bit . . . meh. I had it figured it about ten or twenty pages after the regiment assembled.

Though I agree that Night Watch is good, Reaper Man is sort of like two books in one. One of them, containing the story of Death is absolutely great. The one containing Windle Poons is mostly just weird.

I agree with you about the subplot being weird, but it introduces Reg Shoe! And he's some kind of semi - hippie. No. I have the perfect analogy, but you'd need to have seen Red Dwarf to understand it.
There's an episode called Polymorph where a genetically engineered lifeform (GELF) goes around sucking negative emotions out of people.
Rimmer has the anger sucked out of him so he becomes this kind of pacifist beardy hippy type. Reg Shoes is this person.
Night Watch is in my top three Discworld books along with Reaper Man, the third changes depnding on.

I adore Small Gods myself, though many of the reasons of said adoration aren't forum-friendly.

That's the reason I couldn't give it a slightly more accurate summary. I do like it, but I prefer The Truth.

Yes. Yes it is.

You're proving my point, y'know. :smalltongue:

I've got a fairly good memory myself, but I wouldn't have remembered all that.

Sorry. If it helps I could only recite 85% or so of them in publication order.
>.>
<.<
That made it worse.
It's just that I love his work terribly. He's underrated by the majority of people OR people're ashamed of admitting they read his work.

DraPrime
2009-08-01, 02:13 PM

Indeed. The Windle Poons thing was just odd. Although the various attempts by the wizards to make him dead again are hilarious. Besides that, it felt kind of unnecessary.

Cyrano
2009-08-01, 02:15 PM
Sorry. If it helps I could only recite 85% or so of them in publication order.
>.>
<.<
That made it worse.
It's just that I love his work terribly. He's underrated by the majority of people OR people're ashamed of admitting they read his work.

It's okay, I don't think you're a goddess.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-01, 02:15 PM
Indeed. The Windle Poons thing was just odd. Although the various attempts by the wizards to make him dead again are hilarious. Besides that, it felt kind of unnecessary.

Agreed. Aside from the aforementioned Reg Shoe. And Mrs. Cake, the medium verging on small.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-01, 02:16 PM
How could you hate The Truth? And while I don't love Monstrous Regiment I quite like it, though the climax of the whole thing was a bit . . . meh. I had it figured it about ten or twenty pages after the regiment assembled.

Yes. Yes it is.

1. Didn't even finish The Truth. Found the main character tiresome. His presence also threatened to ruin Monstrous Regiment for me, but I managed to plough on.
2. Then what did you think of Maurice and co.?

Morty
2009-08-01, 02:19 PM

I found Monstrous Regiment a disappointment. The whole book was so-so, and the climax... well, it was what it was. It also felt kind of repetive - we've been over the "Corrupt Religion" theme back in Small Gods.

I agree with you about the subplot being weird, but it introduces Reg Shoe! And he's some kind of semi - hippie. No. I have the perfect analogy, but you'd need to have seen Red Dwarf to understand it.
There's an episode called Polymorph where a genetically engineered lifeform (GELF) goes around sucking negative emotions out of people.
Rimmer has the anger sucked out of him so he becomes this kind of pacifist beardy hippy type. Reg Shoes is this person.
Night Watch is in my top three Discworld books along with Reaper Man, the third changes depnding on.

True, Reg Shoe is great.

Yes. Yes it is.

Huh. I could've sworn I was mistaken.

When I called the subplot weird, I mostly meant the shopping carts. The rest wasn't bad, especially since it gave full spotlight to the faculty of Unseen University, which is always good.

DraPrime
2009-08-01, 02:27 PM
When I called the subplot weird, I mostly meant the shopping carts. The rest wasn't bad, especially since it gave full spotlight to the faculty of Unseen University, which is always good.

Yeah, at the point where the shopping carts came I just started skimming over the whole bit to get back to what was going on with Death. This lead me to miss a good amount of important details, so that by the time those pink tubes were out and about, I had no idea what the hell was going on and had given up on reading everything involving Windle Poons. Although once somebody returns the copy of Reaper Man that I lent them (the bastard has had it for 6 months now) I intend to go back to it.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-01, 02:29 PM
Sorry Curleh, I totally forgot to buy a Pratchett book yesterday at Castlefest(medieal/fantasy event).

But I did hang out with guys from the Tolkienshop/Unquendor stall, and it was awesome.

Curly, it was awesome. Nothing you can say will ever change that.

Dragonrider
2009-08-01, 02:35 PM
Curly, I was like that with Diana Wynne Jones for a while and still am with Robin McKinley. I'm missing two McKinleys (both out of print, *SOB*, but I'm working on it - birthday money!) and I never read the full DWJ, but... :smallbiggrin: Fanatacism <3.

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-01, 02:44 PM
It's okay, I don't think you're a goddess.

Madness! The mighty Curly shall smite thee, unbeliever! :smalltongue:

Neko Toast
2009-08-01, 02:51 PM
Bah, this hasn't been a good day. My cat peed on my bed, and I fail at making pancakes...

Star Wars should help me feel better.

Morty
2009-08-01, 02:55 PM
Yeah, at the point where the shopping carts came I just started skimming over the whole bit to get back to what was going on with Death. This lead me to miss a good amount of important details, so that by the time those pink tubes were out and about, I had no idea what the hell was going on and had given up on reading everything involving Windle Poons. Although once somebody returns the copy of Reaper Man that I lent them (the bastard has had it for 6 months now) I intend to go back to it.

Weirdness of the shopping carts aside, the scenes in which the faculty of UU goes ballistic is one of my favorite fragments of the series.

Dragonrider
2009-08-01, 02:56 PM
*dances in*

I just got my roommate assignment....

:smallbiggrin:

I haven't emailed her yet. I'm working up the courage to do so (who's gonna put herself out there first for it?). She has a nice name, though... :smallwink: And I got the dorm I wanted, which makes me happy. All in all a good birthday morning for DeeRee.

...I guess it's one o' clock in the afternoon now.

Well, dang.

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-01, 02:59 PM
Good birthday afternoon, then. I'm working on your ship, by the way. Had a hell of a time coming up with a good idea for it. I'm not too far along to restart though, if you have a specific request or anything.

Dragonrider
2009-08-01, 03:00 PM
Good birthday afternoon, then. I'm working on your ship, by the way. Had a hell of a time coming up with a good idea for it. I'm not too far along to restart though, if you have a specific request or anything.

No, you can surprise me. :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-01, 03:01 PM
Hmm, would Dragona like a ship from me for her birthday?

Neko Toast
2009-08-01, 03:01 PM
*dances in*

I just got my roommate assignment....

:smallbiggrin:

I haven't emailed her yet. I'm working up the courage to do so (who's gonna put herself out there first for it?). She has a nice name, though... :smallwink: And I got the dorm I wanted, which makes me happy. All in all a good birthday morning for DeeRee.

...I guess it's one o' clock in the afternoon now.

Well, dang.

Don't get your hopes up too high about the roommate situation. (http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson102.html)

Also, never forget this. (http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson94.html)

Happy Birthday, by the way.

Dragonrider
2009-08-01, 03:04 PM
Don't get your hopes up too high about the roommate situation. (http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson102.html)

Happy Birthday, by the way.

Thank you and thank you. :smallbiggrin:

My hopes are not that high; the way I filled the survey out, it's highly likely they paired me with someone who thinks I'm going to hell. :smallwink:

Edit: Cookie: You write it, I'll read it!

Neko Toast
2009-08-01, 03:09 PM
Thank you and thank you. :smallbiggrin:

My hopes are not that high; the way I filled the survey out, it's highly likely they paired me with someone who thinks I'm going to hell. :smallwink:

Edit: Cookie: You write it, I'll read it!

No problem.

I figure that the first semester or first year may stink, as far as having a decent roommate goes, but by then you'll likely make friends with someone who doesn't like their roommate either, or won't have a roommate at the end of the semester.

That's more or less why Kara Kuro and I are going to be roommates this year.

eidreff
2009-08-01, 03:14 PM
@DR which Robin McKinley are you missing? I have only read two, both a LONG time ago, and anything published since appears to have passed under/over//through my radar.

Oh and happy b/day.

On other subjects:
I find that opinions on writing and books are incredibly subjective, raising almost, but not quite, the same kind of heat and passion as the crunchy vs smooth peanut butter debate.

I think that Pratchett's writing has evolved immensely over time. The first books he wrote, which include the Rincewind/Twoflower ones, seemed mainly parody of the Conan, Fafhrd/Greymouser, Ann McCaffrey, et al fantasy that was doing the rounds up to that point. I picked up The Colour of Magic when I was about 12, and related to it because I could associate all of the cliches that he was parodying with stuff that I had recently read... perhaps that is why they appear weaker, they are not the man's true voice, the sharp tug on the weave of peoples perception of reality.

I recently went back and read the complete Conan series, the Lankhmar books and the Elric stories. I couldn't help putting them into a pratchett context :D the wit in (some of) them only improved because of that.

Alteran
2009-08-01, 03:19 PM

What's that? A hyperlink? Why, this looks interesting.

Time...slipping...away...ahhhhh!

Although I wholeheartedly agree with this (http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson8.html) one.

Neko Toast
2009-08-01, 03:20 PM
What's that? A hyperlink? Why, this looks interesting.

Time...slipping...away...ahhhhh!

Although I wholeheartedly agree with this (http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson8.html) one.

Yeah, that happened to me too when I discovered this.

And yes, I also wholeheartedly agree with that one.

Dragonrider
2009-08-01, 03:27 PM
@DR which Robin McKinley are you missing? I have only read two, both a LONG time ago, and anything published since appears to have passed under/over//through my radar.

AAH! I just looked (http://www.robinmckinley.com/books/). Turns out I'm missing FOUR! FOUR! I have read nine, all of which I own. Then there's also a short story collection that she did with her husband.

FOUR! A Knot in the Grain, Imaginary Lands (another short story collection), The Outlaws of Sherwood, and The Door in the Hedge.

I have:

Beauty
The Blue Sword
The Hero and the Crown
Deerskin
Rose Daughter
Spindle's End
Sunshine
Dragonhaven
Chalice.

:smallsigh:

I hope I have enough birthday money because I just discovered what I'm going to do with it.

Recaiden
2009-08-01, 03:29 PM
AAH! I just looked (http://www.robinmckinley.com/books/). Turns out I'm missing FOUR! FOUR! I have read nine, all of which I own. Then there's also a short story collection that she did with her husband.

FOUR! A Knot in the Grain, Imaginary Lands (another short story collection), The Outlaws of Sherwood, and The Door in the Hedge.

I have:

Beauty
The Blue Sword
The Hero and the Crown
Deerskin
Rose Daughter
Spindle's End
Sunshine
Dragonhaven
Chalice.

:smallsigh:

I hope I have enough birthday money because I just discovered what I'm going to do with it.

Oh yeah, I was planning on ever reading those. Hmm. I only have 1 though. Knowing there are 12 others is intimidating.

eidreff
2009-08-01, 03:33 PM
I liked the Blue Sword and The Hero and the Crown. (guess which two I have read :P).

Also, does anyone know when the next Malazan Book of the Fallen is due out?

Coidzor
2009-08-01, 03:38 PM
Hmm, a blue sword eh? Ought to put it back in its scabbard if it's freezing to death like that...

So how the hell did you manage to mess up pancakes, Slaya? do we need to give you some tutorial levels?

Hmm, good thing my roomie always respected the international sign of the sock.

Dragonrider
2009-08-01, 03:50 PM
O.o

Apparently one of my friends, his sister, and his mom were in a pretty serious car accident about an hour ago. The kind with ambulances. Supposedly none of them were seriously hurt, but - eep! :smalleek:

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-01, 03:57 PM
Wow. Could have been worse, I suppose, but wow. Reminds me of a story my friend told me yesterday. Someone he knew had the entire back half sheared off her car by a truck that ran a red light. She was fine, but having the back half of your car go suddenly AWOL would have been scary as hell.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-01, 03:58 PM
O.o

Apparently one of my friends, his sister, and his mom were in a pretty serious car accident about an hour ago. The kind with ambulances. Supposedly none of them were seriously hurt, but - eep! :smalleek:

That's scary.

Unfortunately, it rained for most of my little sister's birthday today, and we weren't able to go anywhere. So mom bought KFC and we had cake. :smallbiggrin:

Bad news: A friend of mine who I have only known for the past 2 years is moving away. I'm going to miss that dude. :smallfrown:

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-01, 04:04 PM
2. Then what did you think of Maurice and co.?

Loved it. Especially that wrong genre savvy girl because I semi - identified with her as she's read loads of childrens books.
And Darktan? Fantastic. Plus Maurice is the main character, and he's a cat. Who bargains with Death!

Sorry Curleh, I totally forgot to buy a Pratchett book yesterday at Castlefest(medieal/fantasy event).

But I did hang out with guys from the Tolkienshop/Unquendor stall, and it was awesome.

Curly, it was awesome. Nothing you can say will ever change that.

You forgot to buy a Pratchett book. You are cursed unto the fourth minute after reading this post. :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:
And Tolkein is still meh. I'll reread it this summer if I have the time though.

Curly, I was like that with Diana Wynne Jones for a while and still am with Robin McKinley. I'm missing two McKinleys (both out of print, *SOB*, but I'm working on it - birthday money!) and I never read the full DWJ, but... :smallbiggrin: Fanatacism <3.

Hooray for fanatacism! WHo's Robert McKinley? He good? Recommendations?

Also: there is never enough birthday money to buy all the books you want.
This year, my big eighteen, guess how much money I got. Guess.
£20.
And a book from Best Friend.
Then again, if I got enough money from one event/celebratory holiday to buy all the books I wanted at that specific time the following would happen:
1. I'd need my own library.
2. I'd buy just under two hundred books.
3. I'd bankrupt many friends and relatives to do this.
4. I'd never see the light of day again.

Really, everyone knows that when I hit uni (whichever it is) I'm going to be camping out in one of the twenty four hour libraries and never leaving.

Coidzor
2009-08-01, 04:19 PM
O.o

On the bright side, with this kind of advance warning, you'd've known by now if one of them was decapitated.

Here's hoping you don't have to visit any of them in le hospital and instead can noogie him about it later for worrying you.

Unfortunately, it rained for most of my little sister's birthday today, and we weren't able to go anywhere. So mom bought KFC and we had cake. :smallbiggrin:

Bad news: A friend of mine who I have only known for the past 2 years is moving away. I'm going to miss that dude. :smallfrown:

And what's wrong with KFC, eh? Eh? Eh, WOT!? :smallfurious: ... ... ... ... ... Is fried chicken part of british cuisine naturally?

...Where did it come from? :smalleek:

Shame about the bloke though. Err, what's the british word for friend? Doesn't that also begin with a b? or was it mates like in Auss-Land? :smallconfused: I knew I should've paid more attention in that correspondence course!

Dragonrider
2009-08-01, 04:21 PM
@Curly: Robin McKinley is actually a woman. :smallbiggrin: And yes, she's great. My favorite book of hers is Dragonhaven, but I don't know that she's widely published in the UK. She lives there (married to author Peter Dickinson), but is American by birth and her publisher is in the USA. I know some of her books have made it over, though.

@Coidzor: Yeah. I hope so. O.o

Fredthefighter
2009-08-01, 04:23 PM
On the bright side, with this kind of advance warning, you'd've known by now if one of them was decapitated.

Here's hoping you don't have to visit any of them in le hospital and instead can noogie him about it later for worrying you.

And what's wrong with KFC, eh? Eh? Eh, WOT!? :smallfurious: ... ... ... ... ... Is fried chicken part of british cuisine naturally?

...Where did it come from? :smalleek:

Shame about the bloke though. Err, what's the british word for friend? Doesn't that also begin with a b? or was it mates like in Auss-Land? :smallconfused: I knew I should've paid more attention in that correspondence course!

I've used mates, friend, buddy, bud, dude and man.

And nothing's wrong with KFC. My sister would've liked to have been able to go somewhere for her birthday though. And the chicken came from real chickens. I don't know how to answer your other questions.

Cyrano
2009-08-01, 04:27 PM
And the chicken came from real chickens.

Don't be so sure. Ever.

wadledo
2009-08-01, 04:27 PM
@Curly: Robin McKinley is actually a woman. :smallbiggrin: And yes, she's great. My favorite book of hers is Dragonhaven, but I don't know that she's widely published in the UK. She lives there (married to author Peter Dickinson), but is American by birth and her publisher is in the USA. I know some of her books have made it over, though.

Oh, which ones are you missing?
Robin McKinley is awesome.

Dragonrider
2009-08-01, 04:33 PM

Yeah, I love her stuff. And she has a daily blog (http://robinmckinleysblog.com/) that's really funny.

eidreff
2009-08-01, 04:34 PM
@Coid, does this help?

On the Origins of the Fried Chicken.

This rare and delectable species appears to have evolved from similar stock to the Roast Chicken, and is related to the Char-grilled Chicken, mainly being differentiated by it's plumage and nesting habits.

The Fried Chicken appears to have evolved in areas naturally rich in vegetable oils, and as a defence mechanism builds its roost (or roast maybe?) in the centre of large lakes of oil. It is thought that volcanic upheaval raised the temperature of the oil slightly.

These were first discovered by the original Homo-sapiens explorers to venture out of their nightclubs into the streets at closing time.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-01, 04:45 PM
Don't be so sure. Ever.

I do not care. It tasted of chicken, meat and grease. That is all I need from my fried chicken. :smalltongue:

Player_Zero
2009-08-01, 04:48 PM
It's time to d-d-d-d-d-scrabble Who's playin'?

I'll be on Lexulous.

wadledo
2009-08-01, 04:52 PM
Have you read "Water" (I think it's called that, though it might be imaginary lands that I'm thinking of)?
It really help me get a grip on Damar.

Assassin89
2009-08-01, 04:53 PM
It's time to d-d-d-d-d-scrabble Who's playin'?

I'll be on Lexulous.

I'll join. Don't have much to do.