PDA

View Full Version : Admiral Euphoria's Random Banter Thread of Delusional Grandeur #124

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Rutskarn
2009-08-04, 03:45 PM
Wait, which one of us is the corporation here?

Good question. Let's just check the registers here...

Alright, I'm CEO of Rutskarn Industries, and you're...apparently...CEO of...Rutskarn...Industries...

Okay, apparently my intelligence agents aren't quite all that.

Cyrano
2009-08-04, 03:55 PM
Good question. Let's just check the registers here...

Alright, I'm CEO of Rutskarn Industries, and you're...apparently...CEO of...Rutskarn...Industries...

Are you sure? Maybe they ARE all that. Maybe they're even more of that...than you yourself.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-08-04, 03:58 PM

Funny thing, when you pay your intelligence agents with a promise of a paycheck possibly in the future, it's quite easy to bribe them by using a hot meal cooked by a gorgeous woman.
I may or may not know this from the experiance of bribing your agents.

Rutskarn
2009-08-04, 03:59 PM
Are you sure? Maybe they ARE all that. Maybe they're even more of that...than you yourself.

Nah. They're at best 50% that.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-04, 04:00 PM
So according to Rutskarn he and D'anna are the same person. And everyone knows that Rutskarn and P_Z are the same person.
Therefore, D'anna is P_Z and Rutskarn doesn't exist.

Thufir
2009-08-04, 04:04 PM
Ah! You'll not fool me again! I read your username this time!

Raiser Blade
2009-08-04, 04:05 PM
:smallconfused:

What do you mean? I'm not fooling anyone.

Rutskarn
2009-08-04, 04:06 PM
Kurkitgrl is Razer, huh? And I'm D'anna. Who is Zero. Who is the pirate king.

I think, technically, this means I am now Razer's sovereign lord.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-04, 04:07 PM
Sneak and me did it waaaay cooler.:smallamused::smalltongue:
And we were more original, too.:smalltongue:

Thufir
2009-08-04, 04:07 PM

What do you mean? I'm not fooling anyone.

I wouldn't count on that. Not everyone has my truly astounding level of intelligence, self-effacing modesty and complete aversion to sarcasm.

Neko Toast
2009-08-04, 04:08 PM
So, if Raiser is Curly, Curly is Raiser, Zero is D'anna, D'anna is Rutskarn, or, was it D'anna was Zero and Rutskarn is D'anna...

I'm so confused. I should stop before my brain seizes. I just hope that I'm still Slayer Draco.

Cyrano
2009-08-04, 04:08 PM

Did what? Became a twisted amalgamation of multiple warring entities?
P.S. I wholeheartedly support this turn of events.

Rutskarn
2009-08-04, 04:09 PM
So, if Raiser is Curly, Curly is Raiser, Zero is D'anna, D'anna is Rutskarn, or, was it D'anna was Zero and Rutskarn is D'anna...

I'm so confused. I should stop before my brain seizes. I just hope that I'm still Slayer Draco.

I don't know what to tell you, Evil Elitest.

Cyrano
2009-08-04, 04:09 PM
I don't know what to tell you, Evil Elitest.

Howsabout "You ARE the demons?"

Dogmantra
2009-08-04, 04:15 PM
Howsabout "You ARE the demons?"

and then Rawhide was a zombie.

Phase
2009-08-04, 04:19 PM
and then Rawhide was a zombie.

A zombie, or a zombie GOAST?!?!?

Neko Toast
2009-08-04, 04:21 PM

ZOMBIE GOASTS LEAVE THIS PLACE!!! D<

Cyrano
2009-08-04, 04:22 PM

Yo dawg I heard you like memes so we put a meme in your meme rofl

Assassin89
2009-08-04, 04:22 PM
:smallsigh: Where has the sanity gone? Curly and Raiser switched avatars, just like Sneak and DD did a while back. As for Zero, D'anna and Rutskarn, They are all separate individuals. Not to mention that Slayer Draco is still herself.

Cyrano
2009-08-04, 04:23 PM
As for Zero, D'anna and Rutskarn, They are all separate individuals.

Even if that's true, at least we merit a capital "T" due to pure awesomeness/possible divinity? I never know when to take that one seriously.

Castaras

Unless you count the times that people in the past have swapped avatars randomly. Like me and Exy. :smallwink:

CurlyKitGirl
No, SLayer Draco is actually Shox's creation for RPGs.
Shox is the real person, we're interacting with her PC.

EDIT!:

Cassie!
*glomp hugs*
You're back!

Cyrano
2009-08-04, 04:25 PM

Sig and all now? You're dedicated.

Rutskarn
2009-08-04, 04:26 PM
Blah blah I'm being a massive killjoy blah.

Interesting point there, Assassin.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-04, 04:26 PM
Unless you count the times that people in the past have swapped avatars randomly. Like me and Exy. :smallwink:
Yeaaah, but you're dating.

And I think Sneak and I aren't dating.

Are we? o.0
:smalltongue:

Neko Toast
2009-08-04, 04:27 PM

... You just blew my mind with that (Didn't realize that Coidzor wasn't the only one reading my blathering about my PC stuff).

:smallsigh: Where has the sanity gone? Curly and Raiser switched avatars, just like Sneak and DD did a while back. As for Zero, D'anna and Rutskarn, They are all separate individuals. Not to mention that Slayer Draco is still herself.

Really? Oh good. I can sleep well tonight, then. :smallsmile:

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-04, 04:27 PM

Are we? o.0

. . .

You just had to say it didn't you?
:amused:

Assassin89
2009-08-04, 04:28 PM
Once again I ask: where has all the sanity gone? Shox is fictional which Slayer Draco is an actual person. How could a hedgehog be able to type?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-04, 04:28 PM
Yeah....Guilty as charged.:smallamused:

Neko Toast
2009-08-04, 04:29 PM
Once again I ask: where has all the sanity gone? Shox is fictional which Slayer Draco is an actual person. How could a hedgehog be able to type?

You insult Shox, you insult me! :smallmad: Hedgehogs have little claws, they can type if given the properly sized keyboard!

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-04, 04:30 PM

Sanity? We don't have any of that here. Move along, citizen.

Also, a wizard did it.

Tiger Duck
2009-08-04, 04:31 PM
I disegree Hedgehogs don't need properly sized keyboards, they type with pure willpower

Phase
2009-08-04, 04:31 PM
Coming into Random Banter expecting sanity is akin to coming into Random Banter expecting sanity. This place has no equals.

Now quiet down, me and Cthulhu are having a moment.

Rutskarn
2009-08-04, 04:32 PM

Alright, fair enough, guys. This is crazy. We're crazy. Let's set aside this insane tangent and get back to some of the classic Random Banter discussions.

You know, like dramatic entrance contests, dueling assassination attempts, and conflating ourselves with presidents and constructing intricate webs of innuendo.

You know. Serious stuff.

Assassin89
2009-08-04, 04:33 PM
You insult Shox, you insult me! :smallmad: Hedgehogs have little claws, they can type if given the properly sized keyboard!

I apologize for that remark.

I think I have found the source of this madness. It is an owl. A talking owl that wears a blue vest and a monocle. He refuses to enter either a desert or a forest and warns people of danger when it is too late. The name of the creature? Cedric.

Raiser Blade
2009-08-04, 04:35 PM
Now quiet down, me and Cthulhu are having a moment.

In bed.. .

Castaras
2009-08-04, 04:35 PM
Cassie!
*glomp hugs*
You're back!

I was gone? O.o

Just been lurking and not posting much. :smallwink:

Are we? o.0

Sneak and DD sitting in a tree... :smallamused:

Phase
2009-08-04, 04:39 PM
In bed..

Nah, Rylehian beds are very pointy and trans-dimensional.

Trust me, trans-dimensional snoo-snoo is very difficult.

Raiser Blade
2009-08-04, 04:45 PM
My space shuttle is prepared to enter your black hole.

That's all I can come up with regarding trans-dimensional snoo snoo

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-04, 04:54 PM
That would be more like zero-g snoo snoo. If you're talking trans dimensional I'd be expecting something like the circuits of time or maybe sliders.

Like, halfway between sliding, or something. Can you do that? Been ages since I saw that show.

Coidzor
2009-08-04, 05:01 PM
<_< So Raiser Blade made into a woman is Koorli... Interesting....:smallamused:

Also, I had my 3rd of 4 driving lessons to reduce my insurance costs today.

It was also the birthday of one of my friends.

Apparently she pissed off Thor, because today was hellish. The sky itself turned a sickly, sorcerous green and the clouds were actually swirling and eddying into circular currents and dispersing just to make people piss themselves about a super tornado.

And then the flooding. Oh god the flooding. The largest city in our state basically became an aquarium. Luckily, we got by with just some flash flooding from the limestone being ****-poor drainage, but still it was not fun to have to be driving through the worst storm in about 4-5 years to hit our town. While learning how to drive. And being required to do things like parallel park when you don't even know how far away oncoming traffic could see your headlights/turn signal, let alone the car proper once you're angled in but not quite safe.

And then getting trapped in the entrance to a parking garage for about 10 minutes due to a constant stream of people fleeing downtown, fire department vehicles going out to deal with things, and the guy ahead of me breaking the ticket dispenser and gate combo.

I actually had, at one point, a small lake or large pond form at one of the really wide major intersections I needed to cross. Fortunately I was only making a left turn, so I could illegally enter the lane next to mine after confirming there was no oncoming traffic in order to avoid getting caught up in the current and then get into my lane away from the lake.

And at another point we spent about 10 minutes waiting for the people ahead of us to realize the traffic light had shut down and that they were supposed to treat it like a 4-way stop...

Just barely avoided getting stuck behind a major accident on one of the drier major thoroughfares by noticing the red and blue flickers through the heavy vision obscuring rain and deciding it would be best to turn off and detour through a neighbourhood.

And then, once the lesson was finally over, it starts to clear up.

So at least I made it home without much danger, but, woof.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-04, 05:09 PM
I was gone? O.o

Just been lurking and not posting much. :smallwink:

Not posting is gone. You missed DeeRee's birthday! How could you miss your elder - triplet's birthday?
You in your fancy dress, you were off waltzing on top of Phase with Exy weren't you?!
Weren't you?!:smallmad:
How was it? Can a fox waltz anyway? And if anyone makes a crack about a foxtrot I will Smite! people most mightily.

Coidzor
2009-08-04, 05:11 PM
What's wrong with the fox trot? Although, I prefer the rumba for pretty much doing the exact same thing.

And why are you Inigo Montoya armed with a katana?

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-04, 05:17 PM
What's wrong with the fox trot? Although, I prefer the rumba for pretty much doing the exact same thing.

Exy is a fox. No fox puns allowed!

And why are you Inigo Montoya armed with a katana?

I'm Raiser Blade. I do what I want.

Coidzor
2009-08-04, 05:23 PM
Then is the tango off-limits or the only dance to dance from that rose I see within your lips?

hmm, fair enough, I was just hoping it'd turn out to be funnier.

Dogmantra
2009-08-04, 05:28 PM
Sneak and DD sitting in a tree... :smallamused:

I can't be the only one who thinks they'd make a really cute couple.

Coidzor
2009-08-04, 05:29 PM
<_< I think you pretty much are. They're obviously heterosexual life partners in dynamic whacky shenanigans and antics.

Dragonrider
2009-08-04, 06:08 PM
'lo from an apartment in New Jersey.

:smallwink:

It's very humid here.

Recaiden
2009-08-04, 06:14 PM
Why would you be in New Jersey Dri? Sorry about the weather. It should clear up within a week though, right?

Now, since when is Raiser Blade not spelled with a "1"?

And, we have finally finished building that fence I've been complaining about. I can sleep again! Whee!

@V: I can't imagine those areas would be safe for anyone to enter. . . New jersey hasn't gotten that uninhabitable yet, has it?:smalleek:

Coidzor
2009-08-04, 06:16 PM
That's a horrible idea, Dry Rye. Don't you know how many chemical plants per capita there are in Jersey? Let's just hope you're not in one of those areas which women with ovaries aren't supposed to enter...

Dogmantra
2009-08-04, 07:25 PM
Let's just hope you're not in one of those areas which women with ovaries aren't supposed to enter...

Men's Toilets?

Phase
2009-08-04, 07:35 PM
Yeah, which part of Jersey? You anywhere near the Hudson?

DraPrime
2009-08-04, 08:37 PM
'lo from an apartment in New Jersey.

:smallwink:

It's very humid here.

Aaaaaah yes, New Jersey. The toilet bowl of New York :smalltongue:

randman22222
2009-08-04, 10:12 PM
I'm not homeless anymore! :biggrin:

See, we got a house, but our stuff wasn't here yet, so we didn't move in. Now it's here, and today (hopefully), we'll be moving in. It's a pretty nifty house, and one half of it sunk down maybe two centimeters, so the house is uneven.

rubakhin
2009-08-04, 10:18 PM
That's kind of cool! Is it an old house? What's it look like?

randman22222
2009-08-04, 10:23 PM
That's kind of cool! Is it an old house? What's it look like?

It's not old, it actually has a slightly modern look. It's also a unique look that you find a lot in Southeast Asia. I'll take some pictures once we're all really moved in. (The SD reader on this laptop died. Need to reassemble the desktop. :smallsigh:)

Coidzor
2009-08-04, 10:29 PM
mmm... well hopefully the creaky floorboards are the worst you have to deal with from that. And they're not too bad either.

Have a safe move-in.

Phase
2009-08-04, 10:53 PM
mmm... well hopefully the creaky floorboards are the worst you have to deal with from that. And they're not too bad either.

You have obviously never seen what lives under floorboards...

randman22222
2009-08-04, 11:12 PM
I already went through a couple rooms lifting up loose floorboards. Nothing but dust, old hair, and a single, lonely, tiny ant. :smalltongue:

...I was hoping for some kind of portal to another plane of existence, or at the very least a diary page from a dead person with a story to tell...

Coidzor
2009-08-04, 11:15 PM
No, and I'm glad I haven't.

What lives above them is bad enough.

In other news. Hi, I'm Coidzor, and this is Jeremy Clarkson.

He's beatboxing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY9u0LxIWJk)

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-04, 11:22 PM
I looked under a floorboard once. I'm not sure what I saw, but I'm pretty sure it was [glowy eyes] an eldritch horror from beyond the cosmos. It stared at me with its many eyes, opening and closing mouths ringed with infinitely fine teeth. Surrounded by an aura of disgust and decay, it shifted its bulk to reveal a horrible array of tentacled limbs.[/glowy eyes] I fled then. I don't think it got me, and I shan't be going back to that house.

Cyrano
2009-08-04, 11:45 PM
I looked under a floorboard once. I'm not sure what I saw, but I'm pretty sure it was [glowy eyes] an eldritch horror from beyond the cosmos. It stared at me with its many eyes, opening and closing mouths ringed with infinitely fine teeth. Surrounded by an aura of disgust and decay, it shifted its bulk to reveal a horrible array of tentacled limbs.[/glowy eyes] I fled then. I don't think it got me, and I shan't be going back to that house.

Well, that sounds like a pretty regular case of screw it we're doing Scrabble* now, b-words! Who's with me?

*Technically not Scrabble.

Alteran
2009-08-04, 11:51 PM
Ack, I'm afraid I'm out again tonight. I need to be up in 8 hours. I should probably go to sleep soon.

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 12:04 AM
Breaking news! I'm not sure I like any of you anymore! Especially you.

Recaiden
2009-08-05, 12:08 AM

That's alright. It's good that you came out and said it. Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery. Who the recovery is for, I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm up for technically-not-scrabble. If 2 other people happen to appear. Which they won't.:smalltongue:

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 12:21 AM
That's alright. It's good that you came out and said it. Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery. Who the recovery is for, I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm up for technically-not-scrabble. If 2 other people happen to appear. Which they won't.:smalltongue:

I mean, technically I always knew that. I mean, ask my cousin, he is all up in that random dislike of people. But I try to be polite. I try. I try to ignore the feelings of rage bubbling up inside me, the omnipresent desire not just to harm but to humiliate, to crush, to absolutely destroy the minds of everyone I can reach. Sometimes it works! But when you refuse to play me in Fauxble, then we have problems.

Rutskarn
2009-08-05, 12:21 AM

Oh, we both know that's a lie, Bobanna. A filthy, filthy lie.

Raiser Blade
2009-08-05, 12:25 AM
My heart was torn by D'anna dear
My love was shorn like a sheep to shear
And all along the creaky pier
The name was pounded in my ear
By waves of hate, oh D'anna Biers

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 12:25 AM
Oh, we both know that's a lie, Bobanna. A filthy, filthy lie.

Bobanna? Bobanna? There's no Bob in my name, nevermind a need to feminize it. That name is just so ridiculously bizarre and, and, and cute that even if that statement was true, it certainly is no longer.

You have one chance to redeem yourself.

Face me. In the field of battle.

And when the corpses of butchered words putrefy under our feet, and we embrace in mutual respect above the pile of stinking dead, then I'll get to liking you again.

Effectiveness destroying edit: ^I bet there's a song under that, but I don't know what that is. Feel free to herald me around with it though.

Edit destroying edit: I don't even know what happened there, fixed now.

Rutskarn
2009-08-05, 12:27 AM
Bobanna? Bobanna? There's no Bob in my name, nevermind a need to feminize it. That name is just so ridiculously bizarre and, and, and cute that even if that statement was true, it certainly is no longer.

You have one chance to redeem yourself.

Face me. In the field of battle.

And when the corpses of butchered words putrefy under our feet, and we embrace in mutual respect above the pile of stinking dead, then I'll get to liking you again.

No, s'like, Bobanna. Like D'anna Bo-banna Fo-fanna.

Nicknames. They're a schtick, understand? I've got a briefcase full of ones I use for playgrounders and a heavily guarded safe full of ones I'm relieved nobody's used on me.

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 12:29 AM
No, s'like, Bobanna. Like D'anna Bo-banna Fo-fanna.

Nicknames. They're a schtick, understand? I've got a briefcase full of ones I use for playgrounders and a heavily guarded safe full of ones I'm relieved nobody's used on me.

D'anna Bo-banna Fo-fanna makes even less sense. Especially Bo-banna! My name starts BI, not BO! Listen, you, you, er, Pumpkin phalange. LEXULOUS DUEL. NAO.

Raiser Blade
2009-08-05, 12:29 AM
and a heavily guarded safe full of ones I'm relieved nobody's used on me.

Hey Buttskarn.

Edit destroying edit: I don't even know what happened there, fixed now.

Disarmed by a word, how absurd.

Rutskarn
2009-08-05, 12:30 AM
No, see, it works like that song. You know....Anna Bannana Fo-Fanna.

Your name is D'anna, so you get Bo-banna.

Hey Buttskarn.

That's not actually one of them.

A few free samples:

--Tutti Rutti

--Nutskarn

--The Chocolate Spammer

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 12:31 AM
For the love of your ephemeral omnipotent being of choice, Rutskarn! Dost thou truly deny me satisfaction?

Rutskarn
2009-08-05, 12:33 AM
I checked the multiplayer room for you. This conversation ensued.

Rutskarn says: Is Bobanna is the house?
msfoxxie says: nope
msfoxxie says: sorrry
Rutskarn says: Didn't know if they used an alias.
msfoxxie says: ah
msfoxxie says: ruts
msfoxxie says: what a name
Rutskarn says: If you see them, tell them they need to move the bodies by Friday.
msfoxxie says: oy
msfoxxie says: eekk
heartsandroses says: what?
Rutskarn says: The fuzz are gonna come down like a heap of bricks if we don't move fast.
Rutskarn says: Oh, and Lenny sleeps with the Keebler Elves.
heartsandroses says: wtf
Rutskarn says: Yeah. That's all.

Raiser Blade
2009-08-05, 12:35 AM

Rutskarn says: If you see them, tell them they need to move the bodies by Friday.
Rutskarn says: The fuzz are gonna come down like a heap of bricks if we don't move fast.

I'm curious and bored. What multiplayer room?

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 12:35 AM

Well, I was waiting for some bloody confirmation before I started checking into rooms with frightenable innocents in them. God, if I had know what you'd have done to those children!

Actually, I DO know what you did with them, and I don't know why I have to clean up after you. They got that spaghetti sauce EVERYWHERE.

Rutskarn
2009-08-05, 12:39 AM
Right, I'm there, already.

Raiser: Just, you know. The room.

Coidzor
2009-08-05, 01:39 AM
...That was a horrible game. That kid thought the room was his mama. That's just fifteen kinds of wrong.

Also, one of my friends IMed me that she was horny and then signed off.

Sometimes I hate my friends for being so weird.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 01:41 AM
...That was a horrible game. That kid thought the room was his mama. That's just fifteen kinds of wrong.
Also, one of my friends IMed me that she was horny and then signed off.
Sometimes I hate my friends for being so weird.

To be fair, you're just as weird, weirdy.

Rutskarn
2009-08-05, 01:47 AM
Yeah, Weirdface McWeird.

Coidzor
2009-08-05, 01:47 AM
To be fair, you're just as weird, weirdy.

But of course, that's why we're friends with one another.

They just hate me right back, after all.

One big happy hating incestuous family.

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 01:55 AM
Right, I'm there, already.

An admirable fight, Rutskarn. Skarnie. Karn. Karnivore. Karnival. Chili con Karne. There! I think I've got it.

Rutskarn
2009-08-05, 01:58 AM
An admirable fight, Rutskarn. Skarnie. Karn. Karnivore. Karnival. Chili con Karne. There! I think I've got it.

Bah. Chili con Skarne. Leagues better.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 02:02 AM
You're both awful and you should feel bad.

Rutskarn
2009-08-05, 02:05 AM
Could be, bro. Broseph. Bromide. Bromeo and Juliet. Brotel California. Brozen Yogurt. Broach. Brodown. Brocreation. Bro-kerage firm. Miracle-Bro. Bro's Nest. Broken Glass. Cod and Broe. Broast Beef. Bro-st of Christmas Past. Bro-d Trip. Bro and Arrow. Exbrosive Runes. Larry, Bro, and Curly. Bro-stick, who boldly bros where no man has gone before.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 02:13 AM
You just wanted an excuse to use that one twice. This is a technical foul and poor court conduct.

Castaras
2009-08-05, 05:04 AM
Not posting is gone. You missed DeeRee's birthday! How could you miss your elder - triplet's birthday?
You in your fancy dress, you were off waltzing on top of Phase with Exy weren't you?!
Weren't you?!:smallmad:
How was it? Can a fox waltz anyway? And if anyone makes a crack about a foxtrot I will Smite! people most mightily.

I sowwy. :smallfrown:
^.^ No fancy dress or waltzing involved, sorry to disappoint. ;P

billtodamax
2009-08-05, 05:05 AM
*'fives Rutskarn*
That was awesome. I just had hockey training, and now my legs hurt. All is well.

Phase
2009-08-05, 06:03 AM
*High fives self*

Way to go, last day of work!

Then... I have to write a research paper.

Ah... dash it all.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 06:05 AM
*High fives self*
Way to go, last day of work!
Then... I have to write a research paper.
Ah... dash it all.

Write it about clams, the mystery of the ocean.

bosssmiley
2009-08-05, 07:45 AM
Write it about clams, the mystery of the ocean.

Cagey little b*st*rds them. Not to be trusted. They can summon storms you know. This is why our ancestors waged a relentless war on their deliciousness, killing and devouring them for centuries. The lemon was our greatest ally in the war on clams.

@D'anna Biers: Hey, where ya been? :smallamused:

ION: ~ There is a passionate affair going on between Kirk and the mountain ~ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU2ftCitvyQ) (brainworm warning)

Charity at his weekly lemon disdaining:
http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs4/i/2004/250/8/a/Balthazar_Disdains_The_Lemon_by_ursulav.jpg

Charity
2009-08-05, 07:49 AM
Or so you clam Bossman, anyone willing to ally themselves with 'the devil made fruit' is clearly suspicious at best, I bet you're one of them clams advisers I keep hearing about.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 07:51 AM
You cryptofascists know nothing of the plight of the clams.

DraPrime
2009-08-05, 08:43 AM
You cryptofascists know nothing of the plight of the clams.

A clam lover! Get him!

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 08:45 AM
This is my topic of conversation and I'll be damned if you'll turn it against me!

DraPrime
2009-08-05, 08:48 AM
This is my topic of conversation and I'll be damned if you'll turn it against me!

It is you who has turned against us! You have betrayed your people for the hated clams.

*casts Summon Torch-Wielding Mob III*

Get him!

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-05, 08:58 AM
I sowwy. :smallfrown:
^.^ No fancy dress or waltzing involved, sorry to disappoint. ;P

Aha! But you were with Exy on the moon, aka Phase. What's the moon like?

Also: remember your needle phobia with the fainting and all that?

I have it too.
Went in for a blood test, and every moment of it was catastrophic.
Where do I start . . . ?
How about the arrival.
I waited for ten minutes, got into the room and held out my left arm as y'do for the Phlebotomist to take my blood like the evil vampire woman that she is.
Left arm . . . apparently it has no veins because she found none.
So she tried the right arm and found exactly one very fine vein. She used a thin needle to do the whole stabbing thing.
She filled up one phial and I felt a bit nauseous, but hey, I can deal with that. It's only a needle after all. Right.
I almost fainted; I got the whole dizziness, ears humming, oh gods I'm going to through up; hey, my vision's going blurry and dark. This is bad.
So I said, quite thickly actually, "I think I'm going to faint." I had to fight to stay conscious while the second phial filled up agonisingly slowly, my head was bobbing up at down and I was gasping and breaking out in a sweat. This made the Phlebotomist panic enough to call for the nurse to come help the very moment she'd filled up the phial.
She also almost forgot to put the little cotton wool bud on the vein so I was bleeding through the cotton wool as my grip was abomibable due to the whole: "I'm going to faint." crisis.
I had to lie down on the bed for ten minutes and they were really worried. I mean, really worried. Not enough to send me hospital, but enough to hover over me like petrified parents, putting wet cloths on my forehead and get me drinks and things. And they arranged for one of the staff to take me home because I was absolutely certain I couldn't make my own way home. I walked and had no money.
And when I got home I was mocked by my mother. This rapidly changed to concern when I stood up to get a drink and had to sit down again because I felt faint again.

As a result I'm on light duties at home and at my surgery I'm down on their note thing as Must Lie Down When Having Blood Tests.
The ironic thing is the Phlebotomist said, "It won't hurt anything as much as a normal vaccination."
And I bled through three plasters before the blood slowed down.

I hate blood tests. Really truly now.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-05, 09:02 AM
I hate waking up late.

Say goodbye to passage of regular meals. Breakfast must go, as otherwise lunch becomes meaningless, lost either in tiny portions, as breakfast fills the belly, or obsolete entirely. So no breakfast - meaning your day begins with lunch!
Savoury tastes! And, then, of course, sugar cravings kick in. Stupid sugar.

And there's that lingering lethargy that comes from just having woken up that now stretches deep into the afternoon - which is bloody tiresome, considering it means that nothing gets done till most people are having what's known as tea!

And as for the body-clock? It's awful! AWFUL! When, now, should I be sleeping? In the evenings, sure, that's when I ought to be sleeping, but it feels ever so much earlier than it really is, so I can't sleep, or forget I should be sleeping, and so the whole darned cycle starts again!

AGAIN, I tell you!

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 09:07 AM
Two vials? You lightweight! I gave 'em six and I was still raring to go. This was some time ago, mind.

And Kael, I woke up at 4AM, and then previously various times in the evening for the past few weeks. I also had a curry for breakfast this morning.

In short, you people need to be more like me. That'll solve your problems.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-05, 09:08 AM
And Kael, I woke up at 4AM, and then previously various times in the evening for the past few weeks. I also had a curry for breakfast this morning.

Mm. I haven't had a good curry in aaaaages.
And, no, I need my regular sleep pattern, damnit! I miss seeing people before they've gone to their stupid jobs!

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 09:10 AM
That's the benefit of staying in your room and talking to no one. Thwarts snipers too.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-05, 09:12 AM
Two vials? You lightweight! I gave 'em six and I was still raring to go. This was some time ago, mind.

But was it giving blood or a blood test? Also: you're crazy. You probably have eight hearts or something so it's no wonder you can give insane amounts of blood.

@Kaela: Ah, the summer body clock. You'll get used to it; going to bed at three in the morning, up at eight . . .
I find the best way to cure a screwed up body clock is to pull an all nighter, then go to bed at your normal time. Warning: you may be overtired, so perhaps go to bed slightly earlier than you normally would.
I will say one thing for the hours of three and four a.m.: it's very peaceful.

Nano
2009-08-05, 09:13 AM
That's the benefit of staying in your room and talking to no one. Thwarts snipers too.

Heh. Amateurs, maybe.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 09:18 AM
But was it giving blood or a blood test? Also: you're crazy. You probably have eight hearts or something so it's no wonder you can give insane amounts of blood.

You have way more blood than you think and can make enough so that taking any less than two litres will be refilled momentarily.

Heh. Amateurs, maybe.

Curtains closed, deadly cat on guard. My room is a fortress! Nay, an island!

Deadly cat may look asleep, of course.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-05, 09:19 AM
@Kaela: Ah, the summer body clock. You'll get used to it; going to bed at three in the morning, up at eight . . .
I find the best way to cure a screwed up body clock is to pull an all nighter, then go to bed at your normal time. Warning: you may be overtired, so perhaps go to bed slightly earlier than you normally would.
I will say one thing for the hours of three and four a.m.: it's very peaceful.

Or I could psychotically tire myself out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJsU1C6FCQ&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=F90CD338E64D91E4&index=5), and then wake up tomorrow early and grouchy! :smallfurious:

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-05, 10:00 AM
You have way more blood than you think and can make enough so that taking any less than two litres will be refilled momentarily.

Unless you happen to be Curly KitGirl aka Koorly aka a flippin' Goddess/Lovecraftian monster out to destroy the world because she's bored and ran out of books to read.

Curtains closed, deadly cat on guard. My room is a fortress! Nay, an island!

Deadly cat may look asleep, of course.

All cats are deadly. And sleep with possibly one eye open at all time.
Deadly guard cat is good and sensible.

bosssmiley
2009-08-05, 10:03 AM

I have it too.
Went in for a blood test, and every moment of it was catastrophic.
<blood test grief trimmed>
I hate blood tests. Really truly now.

What CKG does not tell us is that she bled nothing but tapoica the whole time. People from the south-west are funny that way, it comes of their ancestors living in deep holes in the ground for generations. :smallwink:

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 10:16 AM
@D'anna Biers: Hey, where ya been? :smallamused:

NASA.

Also at Rutskarn's previous bro-out: I don't respect you anymore.

Also at clams: Cephalopods? Better.

Also at bleeding tapioca: there must be some negative side effects to having veins full of roe.

Also if Rutskarn comes in here and goes "Veins full of BROE my maan" I am gonna hit something, fair warning.

Phase
2009-08-05, 10:18 AM
NASA? Aww, were you trying to visit me in my loneliness up here?

Also, listening to the soundtrack has made me want to re-play Bioshock, if only for Fort Frolic.

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 10:20 AM
NASA? Aww, were you trying to visit me in my loneliness up here?

You are an uninteresting lump of stellar concrete. I'm going ta Alpha Centauri, to find more interesting lumps of stellar concrete.

Phase
2009-08-05, 10:30 AM
You are an uninteresting lump of stellar concrete. I'm going ta Alpha Centauri, to find more interesting lumps of stellar concrete.

You wound me in my rocky lack of a soul. I would bleed if that wouldn't be really creepy cause I don't have blood.

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 10:39 AM
You wound me in my rocky lack of a soul. I would bleed if that wouldn't be really creepy cause I don't have blood.

This is all just an elaborate scheme to get you to admit that you're no moon.

P.S. If anyone goes Akbar on me I am going to cry.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 10:40 AM

Wouldn't go there if I was you. It'd be nothing but drone riots and mind worms.

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 10:42 AM

Drone riots? You're trying to dissuade me with drone riots? Clearly you don't understand whose side I'm on.

Cristo Meyers
2009-08-05, 10:42 AM

Yeah, but a couple of nerve staplings can solve the rioting...

...the mind worms, though...those are a bit of a bore...

Phase
2009-08-05, 10:49 AM

You're terrible.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-05, 10:50 AM
What CKG does not tell us is that she bled nothing but tapoica the whole time. People from the south-west are funny that way, it comes of their ancestors living in deep holes in the ground for generations. :smallwink:

Lies! Lies and slander! Slander and lies!
>.>
<.<
It was cider.
None of that poncy Oop Northern tapioca for us; it's cider, pasties, fish and cider all the way.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 10:50 AM
Yeah, but a couple of nerve staplings can solve the rioting...

You should be castrated for that one.

Thufir
2009-08-05, 10:58 AM
Lies! Lies and slander! Slander and lies!
>.>
<.<
It was cider.
None of that poncy Oop Northern tapioca for us; it's cider, pasties, fish and cider all the way.

And you've consumed it in such quantities that cider has replaced your blood?!
Has Curly secretly been binge drinking?

Recaiden
2009-08-05, 11:01 AM
That's pretty terrible Curly. I hope you don't get them too often. Cider bleeds much more freely than normal blood. But at least they got a vein with the first stab, yes?

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-05, 11:12 AM
And you've consumed it in such quantities that cider has replaced your blood?!
Has Curly secretly been binge drinking?

Oh no, we down 'ere in BUmpkin Land naturally have cider for blood. I've never actualy drunk the stuff, but it's like scumble. Made of mostly 'apples'.

That's pretty terrible Curly. I hope you don't get them too often. Cider bleeds much more freely than normal blood. But at least they got a vein with the first stab, yes?

Just took the plaster off. Massive bruise and what looks like two stab points.
I'm hoping to never have another blood test again. Painful.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 11:17 AM
You're not supposed to get much of a bruise... Or bleed much afterwards.

Or maybe I am superhuman. SUPER_ZERO! AHAHAHAHAHA!

Woosh...

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-05, 11:19 AM

You're SUPER ZERO! Now get an avvie; think SUperman, but in black and white.
But my bruise is a leetle bigger than a 50p piece. That's not much of a bruise in comparison to things, but for a needle that's a big bruise.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 11:25 AM
Wait, wait, can I be that evil clown from that Powerpuff Girls episode? The one that drained colour from stuff. That guy was awesome.

Recaiden
2009-08-05, 11:26 AM
You're SUPER ZERO! Now get an avvie; think SUperman, but in black and white.
But my bruise is a leetle bigger than a 50p piece. That's not much of a bruise in comparison to things, but for a needle that's a big bruise.

That is very big for a blood test.:smalleek: If you had an injection, especially for say, tetanus or some sort of pox, that'd make more sense, as in my experience they bruise more easily.

Or perhaps the Britlander 50p piece is of a different size than I thought.

Thufir
2009-08-05, 11:29 AM
Oh no, we down 'ere in BUmpkin Land naturally have cider for blood. I've never actualy drunk the stuff, but it's like scumble. Made of mostly 'apples'.

Hmm. A cheap route to drunkenness suggests itself. Take some of your own cider/blood, thus making you lightheaded and more susceptible to alcohol. Then drink it.
I'm also getting mental images of drunken bumpkin vampires.

Supagoof
2009-08-05, 11:32 AM

Woosh...We should form the Injustice League!

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 11:37 AM
I couldn't call myself capricious if I went standing on the side of anything now could I.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-05, 11:38 AM
Wait, wait, can I be that evil clown from that Powerpuff Girls episode? The one that drained colour from stuff. That guy was awesome.

I 'a'nt ever seen that, so sure, why not? But nobody likes a clown. SUPER ZERO is now a super - villainous clown.
*shudders*

That is very big for a blood test.:smalleek: If you had an injection, especially for say, tetanus or some sort of pox, that'd make more sense, as in my experience they bruise more easily.

Or perhaps the Britlander 50p piece is of a different size than I thought.

It's the second largest or largest non - limited edition coin in British circulation I think; so pretty big.

Hmm. A cheap route to drunkenness suggests itself. Take some of your own cider/blood, thus making you lightheaded and more susceptible to alcohol. Then drink it.
I'm also getting mental images of drunken bumpkin vampires.

Self . . . vampirism?
Cannibalism of blood?

Drunken bumpkin vampires are funny though; I can imagine them now. :smallsmile:

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 11:39 AM
Second largest. Two pound coins are bigger.

Castaras
2009-08-05, 11:47 AM

Quite nice actually, very cold. Little thin atmosphere-wise though. :smallwink:

I have it too.

:smallfrown: *hugs*

I'm not looking forward to 6th form's 3 jabs we have to have... :smallannoyed: That will be fun. Especially as I was feeling slightly nauseous while trying to read your post. >.< (not your fault, it's just who I am)

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-05, 12:08 PM
Quite nice actually, very cold. Little thin atmosphere-wise though. :smallwink:

Glad y'had fun. And that you had a warm fox to snuggle into in that cold.

:smallfrown: *hugs*

I'm not looking forward to 6th form's 3 jabs we have to have... :smallannoyed: That will be fun. Especially as I was feeling slightly nauseous while trying to read your post. >.< (not your fault, it's just who I am)

HPV jab?
They're not that bad really, the second one feels the worst. Sorry about the naseau inducing post; but I've never had such a thing happen before.
Horrible, but fascinating

Hannes
2009-08-05, 12:18 PM
Is there anyone here who would like a bit of S-action?

As in, Starcraft action *rolls eyes*

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 12:19 PM
Saxaphone action was the first thing that came to my mind.

Also, you'd have more luck in Other Games. This 'ere is Scrabble country.

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 12:41 PM
Speakin' of that there Scrabble...Risk, anyone?

Rutskarn
2009-08-05, 12:55 PM
I would, but I have to wash my hair.

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 12:56 PM

Oh come on! You didn't even have to say that! You could just have pretended you were offline, rather than crush all my hopes and dreams and self-esteem.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-05, 12:57 PM

But that's what you said when I... I...
*runs away wailing*

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 01:01 PM
But that's what you said when I... I...
*runs away wailing*

Wait! Maybe he just has greasy hair!

Neko Toast
2009-08-05, 01:02 PM
*blinks* o.o

... I won't ask. *goes back to lurking*

Kaelaroth
2009-08-05, 01:02 PM
Wait! Maybe he just has greasy hair!

... Yeah. That'd make my self-esteem feel better!
Till I wonder why we're both interested in one with such awful hair! :smalleek:

Cyrano
2009-08-05, 01:05 PM
... Yeah. That'd make my self-esteem feel better!
Till I wonder why we're both interested in one with such awful hair! :smalleek:

That's a very good point.

Hannes
2009-08-05, 01:08 PM
Actually, saying one has to wash their hair as an excuse for not doing something was a female practice.

Could it be that Ruts is secretly female?!

Mando Knight
2009-08-05, 01:17 PM
Speakin' of that there Scrabble...Risk, anyone?

I would, but I still have places to go this year. :smalltongue:

Rutskarn
2009-08-05, 01:18 PM
Not to mention that, if the avatar is to be believed, I'm bald.

If the avatar is to be believed.

Cristo Meyers
2009-08-05, 01:22 PM

And who wouldn't trust such a trustworthy looking zombie...man...salesman...thing...?

Hannes
2009-08-05, 01:23 PM

One's images created on the internet are never true.

Tiger Duck
2009-08-05, 01:27 PM
Mine is, and I'm offended that you implied otherwise.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 01:29 PM

Incidentally, I'm just back from washing my hair. True story too.

Hannes
2009-08-05, 01:31 PM
Mine is, and I'm offended that you implied otherwise.

I can argue that it isn't 100% accurate, but that would just be arguing, wouldn't it?

No offense meant, dear sir. I apologize. *bows*

Rutskarn
2009-08-05, 01:32 PM

Stranger than fiction.

Neko Toast

Is it really?

Do we have evidence of this?

Player_Zero
The persona I project is the persona of myself if I was posting on an internet forum.

Is it really?

Do we have evidence of this?

I do. Fairly conclusive evidence.

Stranger than fiction.

You must read some piss-poor books.

Neko Toast
2009-08-05, 01:35 PM
I do. Fairly conclusive evidence.

Well, unless I see said evidence, then I cannot believe you.

Tiger Duck
2009-08-05, 01:36 PM
I can argue that it isn't 100% accurate, but that would just be arguing, wouldn't it?

No offense meant, dear sir. I apologize. *bows*

I'll take the high ground and accept your apology:smallamused:

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 01:38 PM
Well, unless I see said evidence, then I cannot believe you.

I guess you'll just have to learn to trust people then.

Hannes
2009-08-05, 01:39 PM
If people trusted other people over the internet, the 4 Word That Must Not Be Named would have the highest death rate of all the sites on the internet.

EDIT: Not implying that people on this site are like people on that site, though.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 01:41 PM
So what you're saying is if you die on the interne tyou die in real life?!

Hannes
2009-08-05, 01:42 PM
So what you're saying is if you die on the interne tyou die in real life?!

No, I'm saying that if you trust people on the internet too much and they tell you to kill yourself because that's the only possible action currently, and you kill yourself, you're going to end up ded. D-E-D - ded.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 01:45 PM
Well that's hardly a joke at all. You need to work on your material, mister.

Hannes
2009-08-05, 01:46 PM
Well that's hardly a joke at all. You need to work on your material, mister.

I don't joke. I state facts.

I had my funny bone removed so that I could withstand the attacks on my person made throughout the internet.

Assassin89
2009-08-05, 02:10 PM
I don't joke. I state facts.

I had my funny bone removed so that I could withstand the attacks on my person made throughout the internet.

Wouldn't that severely affect your nervous system, causing a problem with pain receptors? The humorous is a bone, but a funny bone is a nerve.

unstattedCommoner
2009-08-05, 02:18 PM
You must read some piss-poor books.

Player Zero and the Philosopher's Hairdryer :smalltongue:

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 02:18 PM
That's not a book I've heard of.

Hannes
2009-08-05, 02:24 PM
Wouldn't that severely affect your nervous system, causing a problem with pain receptors? The humorous is a bone, but a funny bone is a nerve.

That's why I sit behind my computer and only use my fingers. They're the only part of me still working.

Phase
2009-08-05, 03:08 PM
I just got back from my colleagues taking me out to lunch for a goodbye.

Oh, and Player_Zero and the Chamber of Bathroom Rugs.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 04:41 PM
Ah ha! Foiled! There is no rug in the bathroom!

Hannes
2009-08-05, 04:44 PM

Who said it was your bathroom? :smallamused:

Recaiden
2009-08-05, 04:44 PM

That's because it got taken to the Chamber.

Player Zero and the Prisoner of Impel Down? No, Lexulous?

Hannes
2009-08-05, 04:50 PM
Player Zero and the Order of the Minx?

Thufir
2009-08-05, 05:12 PM
You missed a book. Player_Zero and the Goblet of ... what? I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid.
Though I'm tempted to try writing a series for the shipping thread with these titles.

Hannes
2009-08-05, 05:13 PM
Player Zero and the Goblet of Mire, perhaps?

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 05:15 PM
Goblet of penis err, inappropriate phrases.

Also, I'll be in the Multiplayer Room for scrabble if anyone wants.

Hannes
2009-08-05, 05:17 PM
What the hell is the Multiplayer Room?

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 05:18 PM
The room .

Hannes
2009-08-05, 05:27 PM
That's not very helpful, you know...

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 05:31 PM
You're not very helpful! But I'll be forgiven, because I am beautiful.

Recaiden
2009-08-05, 05:33 PM
What the hell is the Multiplayer Room?

It's part of Lexulous.com Our Totally-not-scrabble-because-scrabble-is-trademarked-honest site.

The Goblet of Tea?
The Salesman Prince?
I can't think of a seventh.

Hannes
2009-08-05, 05:33 PM
I'll second that. I'll be forgiven, because I'm very beautiful!

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 05:34 PM
Get your own gimmick. Live your own life. I'm not your mother. You're not even my real dad.

P.S. My dad is your mum.

Hannes
2009-08-05, 05:43 PM
But my son is your great-granddad, you know...

Especially since he hasn't even been born yet and won't for the next ten years at least.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-05, 05:45 PM
Get your own gimmick. Live your own life. I'm not your mother. You're not even my real dad.

But if he was your mother and your real dad...
... It would certainly be intriguing.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 05:47 PM
That wouldn't be intriguing, per se, more of a logical impossibility.

Also, my off-the-wall talking about nothing is mine. Stop with the weak parody. It's most vexing and I will sue.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-05, 05:52 PM
Also, my off-the-wall talking about nothing is mine. Stop with the weak parody. It's most vexing and I will sue.

As if. I own all the lawyers in the world.
And all the British ones are merely extensions of whatever we're extensions of.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 06:08 PM
I'll represent myself. Through costume and rude gestures!

Dragonrider
2009-08-05, 06:15 PM
Because you're Mr. Zero, an' that's what Mr. Zero does!

Thufir
2009-08-05, 06:18 PM
Actually, it's a little-known point of law that Zero can only be put on trial if you beat him at scrabble first.
So, basically, we're all screwed.

Player_Zero
2009-08-05, 06:26 PM
I'm always lucky enough to get the best tiles, see. Do you know why? Because I am the son of The Lady herself.

Anyhow, time for nightnightiebedtimesleepygonap.

Thufir
2009-08-05, 06:31 PM
But some day, SOME DAY I swear I'll... lose by less than 100 points!

Nano
2009-08-05, 07:00 PM
I lost by something like three points the other day. I was so proud.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-05, 07:44 PM
I can't sleep.
I want to sleep.
But I can't. :smallfrown:

TwoBitWriter
2009-08-05, 10:03 PM
Going to bed, good night everyone.

Wish in my heart it was Sunday. Drinking buttermilk all the week, and whisky on a Sunday...

Sneak
2009-08-06, 12:00 AM
I am so bored.

I'm on vacation with my family at Cape Cod. I suppose I should be happy, but...eh. As soon as I got back from my exotic international traveling I was whisked away for another vacation. Quite honestly, I'd rather just be at home seeing my friends.

I'm here with my extended family, i.e. my direct family (minus my brother), my cousins (minus my older male cousin), my aunts, my uncles, and my grandmother. There are three cousin families here, including mine. But because my brother and my older male cousin both graduated from college and are working in Boston and New York respectively, neither of them could make it. So the remaining cousins are: two sisters and one brother, all siblings, the female cousin whose brother couldn't come, and me. All my female cousins are close in age (around 2 to 4 years older than I am), and have always been pretty close. The one male cousin present is around 4 years younger than I am. I'm 16. I like him, but at times, he's a little too much. I just feel like I have no one to hang out with.

I would try to go into town to meet people to befriend, since I'm here for two weeks, but, well...this is Cape Cod. I walked around town by myself earlier, and pretty much every single person that I could see was accompanied by their entire family. It's not like I can go to a bar to meet people, either. Plus, I'm not really the most outgoing of fellows in the first place.

Blargh.

Ok, venting time over.

Cyrano
2009-08-06, 12:09 AM
But you've goooot... us! Yay.

Anyway, Cape Cod. Both of those words make me thing, water town. Water town makes me think, sailor. Sailor makes me thing, plen'y of alcohol and stories, and possibly an impromptu tattoo. Surely it can't be as bad as all that.

Coidzor
2009-08-06, 12:27 AM
^: Hmm... Well, Sneaky Snakes. I recommend putting your younger cousin up to looking for where they dump the bodies, steal his watch, and let his lack of a sense of time lead everyone to get into a panic come dinner time...

Going to bed, good night everyone.

Wish in my heart it was Sunday. Drinking buttermilk all the week, and whisky on a Sunday...

Don't you live a fair ways too far north to enjoy the taste of a nice cool glass of buttermilk? :smallconfused: Seriously, you're reminding me of my dad here. It's creepy-scary.

... This also reminds me of how my ex thought that buttermilk was... well, liquefied butter and so the most unhealthy and nasty thing ever.

Recaiden
2009-08-06, 12:28 AM
Don't you live a fair ways too far north to enjoy the taste of a nice cool glass of buttermilk? :smallconfused: Seriously, you're reminding me of my dad here. It's creepy-scary.

... This also reminds me of how my ex thought that buttermilk was... well, liquefied butter and so the most unhealthy and nasty thing ever.

You mean it isn't something like that?:smallconfused: Oh. well I suppose it isn't what I thought it was then.

Coidzor
2009-08-06, 12:30 AM
Buttermilk is what's left over after you churn the cream to get the vast majority of the milk fats and solids to fall out of the liquid and become butter.

So it's got maybe a little bit more fat than skim milk if I recall correctly.

Not sure why it's all... enzymy though.

It's got something else in it too or lacks something holding regular milk back, what with its use in baking.

Alteran
2009-08-06, 12:57 AM
I lost by something like three points the other day. I was so proud.

I beat him once, I think. If I remember correctly, in fact, I beat him but still narrowly lost to you.

I could be mis-remembering, but I don't think I am. That makes it true!

Sneak
2009-08-06, 01:07 AM
But you've goooot... us! Yay.

Yay! Dammit. :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:

Anyway, Cape Cod. Both of those words make me thing, water town. Water town makes me think, sailor. Sailor makes me thing, plen'y of alcohol and stories, and possibly an impromptu tattoo. Surely it can't be as bad as all that.

It is a water town, just the kind with tourists and lots of white people instead of sailors and pirates.

Why do they even make water towns that don't have sailors and pirates? :smallconfused:

Cyrano
2009-08-06, 01:12 AM
Why do they even make water towns that don't have sailors and pirates? :smallconfused:

Obviously a decision like this was made under the influence of alcohol. If you can't find a bar, try town hall.

There is no other way to enjoy this vacation, short of learning to enjoy fishing or learning to enjoy your family, neither of which seem like reasonable (nevermind possible) occurrences.

Don't worry Shades of Grey, I still love you.

Coidzor
2009-08-06, 01:15 AM
For the crabs? Hmm...

Anything you can wantonly flaunt your possession of opposable thumbs to?

Failing that, overprotective fathers you can enrage with your debonair, care-free smile?

DraPrime
2009-08-06, 01:18 AM
Dragonprime is happy this fine night. Why is Dragonprime happy? Because he finally managed to get a relationship going with a girl that he's had feelings for for the last few months. Overall, I feel excellent.

I am so bored.

Sneak, you're at Cape Cod. Go to the beach and swim or something. Seriously, that's what the Cape is for. Swimming at beaches. Not much more.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-06, 06:17 AM
DragonP: Grats!

On the topic of Castlefest:
You were there as Haley, V and Thog. You know who you are.

Or it's possible that I'm muttering stuff to myself while you only read the comic, in that case, I'l see you on the Castlefest forums, hopefully.

loopy
2009-08-06, 08:23 AM
Looks like I'm getting inked on Saturday! I'm a bit nervous. Anyone got any advice/whatever to calm me down? :smallsmile:

Phase
2009-08-06, 09:06 AM
Sneaker, the only way to resolve this is not to go to Cape Cod next time. Come on up to New York, or go off to California, or Disneyworld.

Player_Zero
2009-08-06, 09:14 AM
Nah, go abroad next time. Some place with crystal oceans and dangerous jellyfish.

Assassin89
2009-08-06, 09:39 AM
Nah, go abroad next time. Some place with crystal oceans and dangerous jellyfish.

You mean Australia? Why do you want Sneak to meet poisonous snakes, saltwater crocodiles, and other deadly animals?

Player_Zero
2009-08-06, 10:01 AM
Because then he can fight them and become a real man.

Dragonrider
2009-08-06, 10:05 AM
Sneakly: My whole family vacations at Cape Cod, too. Except my parents because they're the poor West Coast black sheep of the bunch and my dad's dreadlocks don't fit in too well in the kind of community they associate with. :smallwink:

DraPrime
2009-08-06, 10:41 AM
Sneakly: My whole family vacations at Cape Cod, too. Except my parents because they're the poor West Coast black sheep of the bunch and my dad's dreadlocks don't fit in too well in the kind of community they associate with. :smallwink:

Your dad has dreads? I officially declare him to be a really cool dad.

Rutskarn
2009-08-06, 11:32 AM
Dreads. Oh, dreads.

They're that haircut that either really works, or really, really doesn't.

Player_Zero
2009-08-06, 11:37 AM
I know someone who got 'dreads'. Only, they were crappily done and he hardly ever washed his hair right so it was a bit horrible. We kept trying to make him get haircut for about a year.

Rutskarn
2009-08-06, 11:38 AM
Gotta take the initiative, there. Just sneak out with a pair of scissors, creep into his bedroom at night, and threaten to stab him in the eyes with them unless he gets a goddamned haircut.

Dragonrider
2009-08-06, 11:50 AM
My dad washes his hair. He just has special dread shampoo that doesn't leave as much residue as normal shampoo, because normal shampoo can make the dreads mold on the inside. :smallamused:

Player_Zero
2009-08-06, 12:01 PM
Gotta take the initiative, there. Just sneak out with a pair of scissors, creep into his bedroom at night, and threaten to stab him in the eyes with them unless he gets a goddamned haircut.
Ah the classic turnabout.

Scrabble anyone?

Assassin89
2009-08-06, 12:02 PM
Ah the classic turnabout.

Scrabble anyone?

I'm up for it.

As for dreads, I don't really care about it one way or another.

DraPrime
2009-08-06, 12:03 PM
My dad washes his hair. He just has special dread shampoo that doesn't leave as much residue as normal shampoo, because normal shampoo can make the dreads mold on the inside. :smallamused:

You can get mold inside your dreads? :smalleek:

Player_Zero
2009-08-06, 12:04 PM
You can get mold inside your dreads? :smalleek:

Yep. If you don't redo them every so often or wash them in the right way.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-06, 12:06 PM

Eeeeeewwww.
Speaking of shampoo . . . :smallsigh: :sigh: Now there's not even a sink in the bathroom.
I got to go to my gran's to shower. Why? Because it's free there! As compared to the: go to the leisure centre! option. D'you know what's wrong with that?
Money! EXPENSIVE! Money to get in and then more money to use the shower.
Never, ever live in a house where major rebuilding and fitting is going on.
When I'm grown up and a very rich author I'll buy a home and move in there while My Actual Home is being done up. Then I'll sell the Temporary Home. For lots of money because Famous Author Lived There.

DraPrime
2009-08-06, 12:10 PM
Yep. If you don't redo them every so often or wash them in the right way.

That's just disgusting.

And whoa, that's an unexpected avvie for Curly.

Dr. Bath
2009-08-06, 12:11 PM
Multiplayer room amiright?

Money to use the shower? It's political correctness gone mad! Also it's raining. That's one way to wash your hair. Going on a water ride however is not a good way. I know this from experience.

Moff Chumley
2009-08-06, 12:14 PM
I'd like to interrupt your regularly scheduled chit chat and reveal a discovery of mine: one of the universal constants of geekdom, no matter what the variety, is the tendency to rename things as scientifically accurately as possible. For instance, in karate the other night, we were being taught a pair of techniques called 'Following Hammers' and 'Dual Hammers'. Of course, I refused to call them anything but Serial Hammers and Parallel Hammers, which were far less confusing names, if you ask me. I then realized that such a phenomenon was ubiquitous within the nerd sphere.

Thoughts?

Alteran
2009-08-06, 12:22 PM
I am so bored.

Why don't you don a cloak with a fish on it, and call your self the Caped Cod Crusader?

Thoughts?

I certainly try to be as precise as I can. I also take pains to be as objective as possible when making comparisons, which is particularly annoying to one friend of mine. I think that yes, accuracy is probably valued quite highly among most nerds.

Also, I notice I use a lot of qualifiers in my speech. Things like probably, maybe, perhaps, usually, or often. I don't like to use absolutes unless...well, unless something is absolutely true. Is that geek or nerd thing, or a me thing? I don't notice it among others that much, but I'm also not really looking for it.

Dogmantra
2009-08-06, 12:26 PM

This is it. Game over to all you comedians. Rutskarn has officially won forever.

Player_Zero
2009-08-06, 12:38 PM
This is it. Game over to all you comedians. Rutskarn has officially won forever.

Everyone's a genius to an idiot.

Oo burn.

DraPrime
2009-08-06, 12:38 PM

Meh, Rutskarn has had better moments, although that was pretty good.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-06, 01:10 PM
And whoa, that's an unexpected avvie for Curly.

Yes. Yes. This is totally Raiser speaking. Which is why it's an unexpected avvie for Curly.

Money to use the shower? It's political correctness gone mad! Also it's raining. That's one way to wash your hair. Going on a water ride however is not a good way. I know this from experience.

Yus, money to use the shower; though I myself have never gone into the leisure centre, but Little Sister has. I see no reason in a fleepin' leisure centre.
Firstly, there's a gym in it. WHo likes a gym? With exercise machines! And there are far cheaper gyms around.
Secondly, they have tennis courts. Fine. But there're 'paying' tennis courts down on the front. I say 'paying' but there's a huge hole in the fence everyone uses to get in.
Thirdly: three swimming pools. Why? I live two minutes away from the sea, inculding traffic. And there's a lido that does discount for locals. So why pay £3 odd for an hour when you can go the the lido, pay £1.25 for the whole day (and you get a stamp too if you want to go get food) OR go to the beach. Which is free.

And why did you try to wash your hair on a water ride? :smallconfused:

Thoughts?

I do that; thinking about more accurate names for things. And books, I'm like a mini - librarian because I classify books by various categories. Author has five sub - categories; genre; events; age; personality (all books have one) and several others.
Mostly I try to be objective about things, and I try to be as accurate as possible even when using analogies and similes which is why my writing can sometimes get a little long.

Rutskarn
2009-08-06, 02:05 PM
Everyone's a genius to an idiot.

Oo burn.

That would explain your inferiority complex, then.

Oo double burn.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-06, 02:24 PM
That would explain your inferiority complex, then.

Oo double burn.
It's like watching a lovers' tiff! Wait. No.
It is watching a lovers' tiff...

Nano
2009-08-06, 02:27 PM
It's pretty hot, actually.

Phaedra
2009-08-06, 02:38 PM
It's the passionate reconciliation after the tiff that I'm looking forward to seeing. And by "looking forward to", I of course mean "dreading".

ION: The article I'm reading has an average of 4 lines of text per page with the rest consisting of footnotes. This author does not understand how footnotes work.

Also, I have understood very little of what I've been reading for the last few weeks. Half of it has been economics and the other half has been philosophy and I know nothing of either of these. I feel dumb.

Quincunx
2009-08-06, 03:01 PM
I'd like to interrupt your regularly scheduled chit chat and reveal a discovery of mine: one of the universal constants of geekdom, no matter what the variety, is the tendency to rename things as scientifically accurately as possible. For instance, in karate the other night, we were being taught a pair of techniques called 'Following Hammers' and 'Dual Hammers'. Of course, I refused to call them anything but Serial Hammers and Parallel Hammers, which were far less confusing names, if you ask me. I then realized that such a phenomenon was ubiquitous within the nerd sphere.

Thoughts?

You have a theorem!

And when the clutch of my intellect once again engages the gears of my communication (I had to disengage 'em to make a phone call), I may even have something to add to the body of evidence!

Coidzor
2009-08-06, 03:47 PM
Dreads. Oh, dreads.

They're that haircut that either really works, or really, really doesn't.

And usually really, really, really, really(did I mention REALLY?) doesn't due to being too much of a nerdy white fanboy to pull them off. Or just too weedy. :smallyuk:

...And once you're a father, it's pretty much over for you anyway...

DraPrime
2009-08-06, 03:58 PM
Yes. Yes. This is totally Raiser speaking. Which is why it's an unexpected avvie for Curly.

Yes, because you are definitely Raiser speaking. Mhm. Without a doubt.

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-06, 04:42 PM
Ungh. Been awake for 27 hours now. Why do I do this to myself?

rubakhin
2009-08-06, 04:42 PM
*muses* I wonder how I'd look with dreads. Probably terrible. All haircuts look terrible on me.

I recently shaved my head again because I screwed it up last time I tried to bleach it white. It's at that depressing point you reach after you shave your head and let it grow out again where you look like a fuzzy little monkey. My hair is covered with perfectly uniform 1/16th inch hairs and they're all standing on end.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-06, 04:45 PM
*muses* I wonder how I'd look with dreads. Probably terrible. All haircuts look terrible on me.

I recently shaved my head again because I screwed it up last time I tried to bleach it white. It's at that depressing point you reach after you shave your head and let it grow out again where you look like a fuzzy little monkey. My hair is covered with perfectly uniform 1/16th inch hairs and they're all standing on end.

... So shave it all off again?

rubakhin
2009-08-06, 04:47 PM
... So shave it all off again?

:smallmad: No!

Coidzor
2009-08-06, 04:50 PM
Good choice. Also, I think you need actual dye to get white as bleaching it to that point is... a bad idea.

Also, white hair in general isn't too tasty.

rubakhin
2009-08-06, 04:57 PM
Good choice. Also, I think you need actual dye to get white as bleaching it to that point is... a bad idea.

Also, white hair in general isn't too tasty.

Hey, I look good with white hair!

Nobody else has that opinion but me, though.

I use the White-Out bleaching kit from Hot Topic. It's pretty good, it'll turn your hair stark white if you use it right, but my hair is so dark that it'll come out pee yellow if I don't leave it in long enough/tone it wrong/everything else I can possibly screw up during this process. And if I use another kit on it, it totally wrecks my hair.

wadledo
2009-08-06, 04:59 PM
I am so bored.

I'm on vacation with my family at Cape Cod. I suppose I should be happy, but...eh. As soon as I got back from my exotic international traveling I was whisked away for another vacation. Quite honestly, I'd rather just be at home seeing my friends.

I'm here with my extended family, i.e. my direct family (minus my brother), my cousins (minus my older male cousin), my aunts, my uncles, and my grandmother. There are three cousin families here, including mine. But because my brother and my older male cousin both graduated from college and are working in Boston and New York respectively, neither of them could make it. So the remaining cousins are: two sisters and one brother, all siblings, the female cousin whose brother couldn't come, and me. All my female cousins are close in age (around 2 to 4 years older than I am), and have always been pretty close. The one male cousin present is around 4 years younger than I am. I'm 16. I like him, but at times, he's a little too much. I just feel like I have no one to hang out with.

I would try to go into town to meet people to befriend, since I'm here for two weeks, but, well...this is Cape Cod. I walked around town by myself earlier, and pretty much every single person that I could see was accompanied by their entire family. It's not like I can go to a bar to meet people, either. Plus, I'm not really the most outgoing of fellows in the first place.

Blargh.

Ok, venting time over.

First off, Cape Cod is not a town.
Calling Cape Cod a town is the equivalent of calling Long Island a town, or Michigan a city, or Boston habitable.

Secondly, why did no one inform me that someone is in my neck of the proverbial woods?
Sneak, I'll show you all the sights. Like Hyannis, and........... P-town? Maybe go to one of the museums? .............I think one of the ponds is clean this year.
Cape Cod sucks.:smallannoyed:

Cyrano
2009-08-06, 05:04 PM
Calling Cape Cod a town is the equivalent of calling Long Island a town, or Michigan a city, or Boston habitable.

Secondly, why did no one inform me that someone is in my neck of the proverbial woods?
Sneak, I'll show you all the sights. Like Hyannis, and........... P-town? Maybe go to one of the museums? .............I think one of the ponds is clean this year.
Cape Cod sucks.:smallannoyed:

Do you still own that bookstore?

wadledo
2009-08-06, 05:08 PM
Yes.
Though college will put a damper of that.

DraPrime
2009-08-06, 05:27 PM

What's wrong with Boston? :smallconfused:

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-06, 05:29 PM
It has too many vowels in it.

says the man who lives in Vancouver...

wadledo
2009-08-06, 05:29 PM
What's wrong with Boston? :smallconfused:

You live there.:smalltongue:

Rutskarn
2009-08-06, 05:31 PM
So does the Scout.

Nano
2009-08-06, 05:33 PM
Yeah. Be careful, he might run away from you.

Wait.

Rutskarn
2009-08-06, 05:35 PM
So, your deadly skill is jogging? Mine's murdering people.