PDA

View Full Version : Admiral Euphoria's Random Banter Thread of Delusional Grandeur #124

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-06, 05:46 PM
Mine is accents. Lots of accents. I can imitate maybe 9 of them relatively well.

Phase
2009-08-06, 05:50 PM
Mine is not dying of heart failure like some Russians I could name...

DraPrime
2009-08-06, 06:05 PM
You live there.:smalltongue:

No I don't.

Dogmantra
2009-08-06, 06:23 PM
So, your deadly skill is jogging? Mine's murdering people.

Wow... you wasted the 1000th post in this thread to talk about how you're really into something that was popular years ago!

Nano
2009-08-06, 06:25 PM
Wow... you wasted the 1000th post in this thread to talk about how you're really into something that was popular years ago!

May I borrow your earpiece? This is Scout Dogmantra! Rainbows make me cry!

In other news, yay new dice!

Dogmantra
2009-08-06, 06:30 PM
Hey, want to throw a dice party?
Let's not invite the d12 though... he smells funny.

Nano
2009-08-06, 06:35 PM

Throw? Dice? Ohohoho.

Recaiden
2009-08-06, 06:36 PM

I'll just go away and throw my own party. With barbarians. And astrologers. :smallfrown:
Although there is that one game system that only uses d12s. Anyone heard of it or remember what its name is?

Alteran
2009-08-06, 06:41 PM
I'll just go away and throw my own party. With barbarians. And astrologers. :smallfrown:
Although there is that one game system that only uses d12s. Anyone heard of it or remember what its name is?

I don't know which system you're thinking of, but in Serenity the largest die is the d12. You want it to be seeing a lot of play.

Trog
2009-08-06, 06:56 PM
And now... a random link showing that Corvids is smart (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8182446.stm)

Alteran
2009-08-06, 07:21 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEueJnsu80) actually looks good. Of course, the side-bar says action-comedy, so I can't be sure if the comedy part will make it better or worse.

But hey, it's a movie about Nazis in space. Even if it's bad, it'll have to be So Bad It's Good (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitlethsq3mffp09i).

Dogmantra
2009-08-06, 08:08 PM
Throw? Dice? Ohohoho.

I honestly didn't recognise that pun at first. I use "roll" as the verb of choice for dice. I have a new post for that Puns thread though :smallwink:

Coidzor
2009-08-06, 08:26 PM
I'm at an impasse. Are anthropomorphic guns furry? What about anthropomorphic cars? Anthropomorphic celestial bodies?

...My brain is just blanking out on this.

Rutskarn
2009-08-06, 08:31 PM

Wow. You spent the 1004th post in this thread to comment on the fact that I made a topical reference in the thousandth post of this thread.

Dogmantra
2009-08-06, 08:41 PM
Wow. You spent the 1004th post in this thread to comment on the fact that I made a topical reference in the thousandth post of this thread.

Wow. I think you didn't read my reason for editing :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2009-08-06, 09:34 PM
Dogmantra, you just don't understand what the jazz is all about with your hipping and your hopping and your cu-coo-ka-choo! And the pokemans coming out of the ball and they go 'rawt-rawt-rawt.'

Also. Anthro-Gun-Girl-Pr0ns. How badly should I be reacting to this?

Alteran
2009-08-06, 09:36 PM
I think I feel like Scrabble tonight. I may be able to drag in another player as well. Anybody else interested?

Recaiden
2009-08-06, 09:44 PM
I'm at an impasse. Are anthropomorphic guns furry? What about anthropomorphic cars? Anthropomorphic celestial bodies?

...My brain is just blanking out on this.

If your gun can reasonably be considered furry in any circumstances, I don't think we want to know any more.

@Alteran: Sure.

Assassin89
2009-08-06, 09:44 PM
I'm up for some lexulous/scrabble.

As for anthro inanimate objects, they are not furry. In fact, they do not even have hair.

Alteran
2009-08-06, 09:56 PM
I'm online, in The Room. Unfortunately, my other friends are gone for the night, so it's just us random banterers. Hopefully we can get a fourth person.

Whoever is reading this, I am talking to you.

Phase
2009-08-06, 10:14 PM
[...]Anthropomorphic celestial bodies?[...]

I'm no furry, meatsack.

Alteran
2009-08-06, 10:19 PM
Mr. Moon, sir, what do you have to say about the alleged Nazi occupation of your dark side? If the allegations are to be believed, then you have allowed their presence on your surface for 64 years. Is any of this true?

Nano
2009-08-06, 10:33 PM
Well, as long as they pay rent.

Coidzor
2009-08-06, 10:39 PM
I'm no furry, meatsack.

I'm not quite sure if you count. We don't even know if that body is real or just clothing animated by telekinesis after all.

Alteran
2009-08-06, 10:51 PM
We have had complications with our Lexulous game. Any two people feel like joining in?

Phase
2009-08-06, 10:56 PM
Mr. Moon, sir, what do you have to say about the alleged Nazi occupation of your dark side? If the allegations are to be believed, then you have allowed their presence on your surface for 64 years. Is any of this true?

Hey, as long as they pay rent.

Plus, would you rather there be super-advanced Nazis on Earth? Or Mars, planet of war?

Nano
2009-08-06, 10:57 PM
Hey, as long as they pay rent.

Plus, would you rather there be super-advanced Nazis on Earth? Or Mars, planet of war?

I just said that!

Rutskarn
2009-08-06, 10:58 PM
I always love the feeling of completing a new piece of art...that I use to promote mahblog. It's the art of fiction mixed with the art of tableture, mixed with the art of grandstanding attention-grabbing.

Alteran
2009-08-06, 10:59 PM

Fair enough, but you might be able to do something. Like, drop a rock on them? I dunno, you're the Moon. You probably have tons of rocks. I don't think it'd be too much to ask that you pick one up and drop it on the Nazis.

Also, both people above me the people two and three posts above me (Rutskarn would be welcome as well, of course) are Lexulous players! Get on over to the multiplayer room, friends.

...please?

Recaiden
2009-08-06, 11:02 PM
I always love the feeling of completing a new piece of art...that I use to promote mahblog. It's the art of fiction mixed with the art of tableture, mixed with the art of grandstanding attention-grabbing.

So, are you going to show it to us? An advertisement that you keep to yourself doesn't help anyone.

Phase
2009-08-06, 11:04 PM
So, are you going to show it to us? An advertisement that you keep to yourself doesn't help anyone.

Check his Signature.

Recaiden
2009-08-06, 11:06 PM
Check his Signature.

Oh. I thought it was just the same spoiler that was always there. Wuite nice, Ruts.

Hell Puppi
2009-08-06, 11:40 PM

You have quite a talent.
Jerkface.
:smalltongue:

...sorry I've been feeling about as creative as a rock lately. I've only finished one drawing in the past 2 months. I've also got two half-finished paintings that are going...decently? They look like Impressionist werewolves.
I was really hoping the time I've had off would let me work on writing but no. Stupid creative side of the brain only wanting to work when I'm in the busiest part of the school year...

Phase
2009-08-07, 11:09 AM
I wish I could finish Deus Ex, but it keeps crashing on me in the Lucky Money. Gorramn age-old technology.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-07, 11:13 AM
I wish I could finish Deus Ex, but it keeps crashing on me in the Lucky Money. Gorramn age-old technology.

Deus Ex? :smallconfused:

Cristo Meyers
2009-08-07, 11:13 AM

I wish I had Deus Ex :smalltongue:

Assassin89
2009-08-07, 11:22 AM
Deus Ex? :smallconfused:

It a shooter and a Role Playing Game where you put on a trench coat and fight some conspiracies.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-07, 11:24 AM
It a shooter and a Role Playing Game where you put on a trench coat and fight some conspiracies.

Oooooooh. I'm interested. :smallbiggrin:

Cristo Meyers
2009-08-07, 11:26 AM
Oooooooh. I'm interested. :smallbiggrin:

It's also a good 10-12 years old, but it's one of those games that took an idea and actually did it well.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-08-07, 11:29 AM
Aye. Tis a great game. On my 4th playthrough I was still finding things I hadn't noticed before.

Hehe...."bloodshot."

Fredthefighter
2009-08-07, 11:57 AM
It's also a good 10-12 years old, but it's one of those games that took an idea and actually did it well.

Hmmm, I might have to try and grab a copy of the game someday.

Cristo Meyers
2009-08-07, 12:01 PM
Hmmm, I might have to try and grab a copy of the game someday.

If you can find it.

If I could get to it from here, I'd have a look at Direct2Drive. They sell downloads of some of the more rare PC games: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 11, I think they have every X-Com game...

Fredthefighter
2009-08-07, 12:09 PM
If you can find it.

If I could get to it from here, I'd have a look at Direct2Drive. They sell downloads of some of the more rare PC games: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 11, I think they have every X-Com game...

I'm guessing I wouldn't find a demo on Steam? :smallbiggrin:

Cristo Meyers
2009-08-07, 12:12 PM
I'm guessing I wouldn't find a demo on Steam? :smallbiggrin:

Wouldn't know. Hate Steam and go out of my way to avoid using it.

I'm sure there's a demo floating about somewhere though, they don't just go away once they're online.

Phase
2009-08-07, 12:22 PM
I got the full game offa Steam. I can't play the gorramn thing, though. Shame, it was good, despite the first mission.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-07, 12:25 PM
Wouldn't know. Hate Steam and go out of my way to avoid using it.

I'm sure there's a demo floating about somewhere though, they don't just go away once they're online.

Well, if it weren't for Steam, I'd have never have played Psychonauts. Or Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II.

Neko Toast
2009-08-07, 12:39 PM
Bah... I don't understand. I've never been bothered by not sitting in a particular spot until now. At gaming, there's one chair at one spot at the table where I always sit. It works best for me because it's right by the battle grid, and it's closer to where the GM is, and I end up doing a lot of the talking in this campaign, this mission especially (I'm the only one who can communicate with animals). But someone was sitting in that spot today, because someone else took their spot.

I... was a bit distraught. I couldn't adequately explain why I felt I had to sit there (I can be obsessive compulsive every now and then. It's not even close to being serious enough to affect my daily life, so it's not actually OCD), so I just seemed to be getting upset over nothing to everyone else. I'm hoping that I can go over to the GM's house a little early and apologize for what I did. He seems to understand me a little more than most people do, GitP people aside.

So yeah. Despite that, gaming was alright. The negotiation we had was a bit frustrating for me, though. Again, I was the only one who could talk to the animals, and everyone else in the group was telling me to say this and that all at the same time. @.@ I think the combination of these things caused me to lose some sleep last night. It's hard for me to sleep when my mind's all riled up.

But I digress. How is everyone in the Playground today?

Hannes
2009-08-07, 12:44 PM
I'm kinda tired and lazy, but I hafta clean the house.

And you guys've got me interested in playing Scrabble Lexulous now...

Rutskarn
2009-08-07, 12:46 PM
I got the full game offa Steam. I can't play the gorramn thing, though. Shame, it was good, despite the first mission.

I maintain that if you gad about from various saves and loading screens, it might sort itself out.

Dogmantra
2009-08-07, 12:47 PM
And you guys've got me interested in playing Scrabble Lexulous now...

I'm not very good, but I'll sign up if you want a game.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-07, 12:47 PM

Eh, not bad. Nothing eventful today.

I went to Chessington's World of Adventures on Wednesday though. It was brilliant. It was a good 4 hour drive to get there though (bloody London traffic).

Hannes
2009-08-07, 12:48 PM
I'm not very good, but I'll sign up if you want a game.

Who said I was good at it? :smalltongue:

How many people do we need though? I haven't played it on the internets before.

Dogmantra
2009-08-07, 12:49 PM
I have no idea, perhaps you can play it with 2. If only Mr. Zero would drop by, as he seems to be the biggest advocate of Scrabble Lexulous.

Hannes
2009-08-07, 12:51 PM
I have no idea, perhaps you can play it with 2. If only Mr. Zero would drop by, as he seems to be the biggest advocate of Scrabble Lexulous.

I'm getting a vibe of dislike towards me from him :smalltongue:

Dr. Bath

2-4 are the number of players I think. Maybe one more. I don't know.

Quincunx
Today I am cursing my cooking skills for having deserted me. I've made five standard dinners since Sunday (went out for pizza on Wednesday) and one of them was worth eating. One. What in sod's law is spoiling all this?

Rutskarn
2009-08-07, 12:52 PM

This does not make you unique.

Hannes
2009-08-07, 12:52 PM
Today I am cursing my cooking skills for having deserted me. I've made five standard dinners since Sunday (went out for pizza on Wednesday) and one of them was worth eating. One. What in sod's law is spoiling all this?

Not cooking with enough love, perhaps?

EDIT: @^ I am not claiming, or have ever claimed, to be unique in any way including but not limited to hair style, voice, elvishness, manner of action etc.

Assassin89
2009-08-07, 12:53 PM

I'm doing fine, but bored. I also feel homicidal towards the owl from King's Quest V. Why? See for yourself. (http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/paw/lppaw/8032-lpkq5p1)

Not really eventful for me today, but on Sunday, I am going to a family reunion for the purposes of celebrating my grandparent's anniversary.

Dr. Bath
2009-08-07, 12:53 PM

Have you got an infestation of tiny invisible cooks? I hear it is quite common, and particularly disastrous when making broth.

Neko Toast
2009-08-07, 12:55 PM
Regarding the Scrabble talk: I could try and set up a game myself. Doesn't look like it's too hard to do. Just need to know who all wants to play and stuff.

Player Zero himself seems to be occupied, as his status on his IMing account right now is "Busy".

Anyway, I'll head to the Multiplayer Room, for those who want to play.

Dogmantra
2009-08-07, 12:55 PM
So I'm trying to join the Lexulous room, "The Lounge" "The Mulitplayer Room". It's taking an awfully long time to load.

Hannes
2009-08-07, 12:57 PM
So I'm trying to join the Lexulous room, "The Lounge". It's taking an awfully long time to load.

I'm at the Multiplayer room also, so perhaps try to join that one? And it loaded a while also, then asked me to confirm a certificate and then fully loaded it.

Dogmantra
2009-08-07, 01:01 PM
Well, I'm in. Prepare to LOSE!

eidreff
2009-08-07, 01:09 PM
I handed in my notice to quit at work today.... There was an immediate sense of euphoria, swiftly followed by a gnawing "what have I done" doubt. They have however got the possibility of holiday work dependent on need, which isn't so bad.

I now worry that I have committed to a course. I just wish that I could leave more options open, but could not, in conscience, put off telling work.

Alteran
2009-08-07, 01:17 PM

Zero hates everybody, you're just one of everybody. :smallwink:

Player_Zero
2009-08-07, 01:31 PM
Talking about me while I'm not here? Capital idea.

Alteran
2009-08-07, 01:33 PM
It's hardly different from talking about you while you are here, since it'll all waiting for you to read whenever you return.

Edit: But if you want to hear something positive about yourself, then I can do that.

Zero is a very good Scrabble player who probably almost never loses. I saw him lose once, and it was close. It is not an event one could expect to observe twice, so thorough is his mastery of the game.

One day I'll beat you. And by beat you, I mean come in first and beat you. It doesn't count if I lose to somebody else at the same time. :smallannoyed:

Player_Zero
2009-08-07, 01:37 PM
Well that's boring. You could've at least mentioned sexual perversion.

Rutskarn
2009-08-07, 01:44 PM
I handed in my notice to quit at work today.... There was an immediate sense of euphoria, swiftly followed by a gnawing "what have I done" doubt. They have however got the possibility of holiday work dependent on need, which isn't so bad.

I now worry that I have committed to a course. I just wish that I could leave more options open, but could not, in conscience, put off telling work.

Call me when you quit your job like this. (http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/sketches/64-how-i-quit-my-job)

eidreff
2009-08-07, 01:50 PM
Heh heh heh.

I think that I may have been sued for causing blindness with my shiny pale torso if i'd tried that.

Coidzor
2009-08-07, 01:56 PM

Should've turned your growl on them, and failing that, diced 'em to death for it. Or just diced them to get them out of your spot.

Hmm. I just woke up from a nightmare a few hours ago where I was running down an infinite wedding chapel to stop the wedding of my ex girlfriend. So I'm not too happy right about now that I'm having dreams along these lines.

Other than that I'm mostly considering what to do with cleaning my room.

Edit: I'm sorry Quinx. Maybe you need something to spice up your imagination and shake out the ordinary. You do cajun very often?

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-07, 02:32 PM
Okay, it's official. My right arm is the weakest, flimsiest pansy of an arm ever to grace the earth.
One 'damned needle and now, some three days after it happened I have a bruise three inches long and just under half an inch wide on the thickest part.
You can even map it out yourself on your own arm. You know that huge vein on the inside of your elbow? That's it's rightmost border. The crease of the elbow is pretty much the centre, so one and a half inches up and down following the vein.
What kind of pansy ass arm is this?!
Even my mum said that was a freakin' huge bruise! It doesn't really hurt that much, but I swear this thing's growing. ANd there're what seem to be very tiny bruises or blood clots right on the vein as well. Plus the centre of the bruise is one of the nicest shades of violet/indigo I've ever seen.

Coidzor
2009-08-07, 02:42 PM
^: Take a picture and keep it so you have motivation to get stronger and hardier.

Hmm. It sounds like you need to investigate getting yourself a gym membership or at least seeing if your university has offerings in that area. Getting better bloodflow in the area via musculature development helps, or so I hear. plus developing your core body muscles helps your posture and general health. abs, pecs, lower back, even the trapezium and such around the shoulders.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-07, 04:10 PM
^: Take a picture and keep it so you have motivation to get stronger and hardier.

Hmm. It sounds like you need to investigate getting yourself a gym membership or at least seeing if your university has offerings in that area. Getting better bloodflow in the area via musculature development helps, or so I hear. plus developing your core body muscles helps your posture and general health. abs, pecs, lower back, even the trapezium and such around the shoulders.

. . .
You. Want me. To pay money on such ungeekly things as growing muscles?!
Money that could be better spent on books?! Or movies?! But mainly books!
What kind of crazy face person are you???
Honestly. Spending money to develop muscles I'll never care about? When at university I'll need such useless things as food, lodgings and books?
Preposterous my good chum!
And my health is very good. Aside from my bruise.
Also: walk: free. Swimming: free.

Player_Zero
2009-08-07, 04:15 PM
As xkcd well states, excerising is worth valuable exps. If you don't remaiun healthy how can you level up?

Fredthefighter
2009-08-07, 04:15 PM
. . .
You. Want me. To pay money on such ungeekly things as growing muscles?!
Money that could be better spent on books?! Or movies?! But mainly books!
What kind of crazy face person are you???
Honestly. Spending money to develop muscles I'll never care about? When at university I'll need such useless things as food, lodgings and books?
Preposterous my good chum!
And my health is very good. Aside from my bruise.
Also: walk: free. Swimming: free.

Why spend your own money on it when you can "ask" for it as a "present" for something? That's how I got my 14kg weight kit. I really need to use that more. And by 14kg I mean that the whole thing weighs 14kg, not that each weight is 14kg.

eidreff
2009-08-07, 04:16 PM
@Curly It sounds as though you had a butcher rather than a proper phlebotomist! (interestingly my spellcheck brought that up as lobotomist:P)

They may have "missed" slightly, hence your excessive bruising and the pain/discomfort while drawning blood. A practiced practioner (hehe) should be able to find a vein, use an appropriately sized needle and leave a tiny bruise, or none at all. These days i dont think that doctors and nurses practice enough. In days of yore (when my dad worked in a path lab) the technicians took blood, and got very good at it.

One recommendation I can make is to not look at the needle being inserted, and mention if you feel more than a slight scratch!

Not sure that the goddess of the written word pumping iron, poppin 'roids and knockin' back protein shakes would make for peace in the pantheon...

Edit: you could try reading very large heavy books though!

Cyrano
2009-08-07, 04:19 PM
As xkcd well states, excerising is worth valuable exps. If you don't remaiun healthy how can you level up?

Murder? It doesn't count if you kill monsters, so find someone dubbed as such by sensationalist media of some form and you've got consequence-free leveling. I mean, er, wite teckts lolz

Coidzor
2009-08-07, 04:23 PM
Hence why I mentioned investigating your university's offerings. Since you're paying through the nose with them anyway, what little in the way of services you can get from them should be capitalized upon.

Also, unless you're a goddess of the grotesque, you're still supposed to be physically ideal. :smalltongue:

And do you actually, y'know, Walk, and Swim. Enough for it to really be strengthening and hardening your body?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-07, 04:45 PM
Curly: Sit-ups, Pull-ups and running. That aught to train most muscles...

DraPrime
2009-08-07, 04:53 PM
Curly: Sit-ups, Pull-ups and running. That aught to train most muscles...

Don't forget push-ups. Those also train upper body strength, but with different muscles than pull-ups.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-07, 04:56 PM
Don't forget push-ups. Those also train upper body strength, but with different muscles than pull-ups.
Ah yes, very true.

Recaiden
2009-08-07, 05:06 PM
Hence why I mentioned investigating your university's offerings. Since you're paying through the nose with them anyway, what little in the way of services you can get from them should be capitalized upon.

Also, unless you're a goddess of the grotesque, you're still supposed to be physically ideal. :smalltongue:

And do you actually, y'know, Walk, and Swim. Enough for it to really be strengthening and hardening your body?

He's right. Although swimming's always a good idea. Can't do too much swimming. Until your skin starts to melt, anyway.

Dragonrider
2009-08-07, 05:14 PM
I have a dumb question for my fellow Americans. :smalltongue:

Okay. So I'm writing a story about a seventh grader. It doesn't focus much on school, but for the purposes of said story, I need to know a very simple thing that anyone who has BEEN to an American junior high school would know but that I don't.

Still with me?

I know that each day is divided up into a set of periods by a bell and I know that there are somewhere in the vicinity of nine or eight or seven periods over the course of the day.

What I need to know is:

Are classes the same Monday through Friday, or do you have different classes in each time slot on different days?

Yeah.

Dumb homeschooler, here. :smallbiggrin:

Player_Zero
2009-08-07, 05:14 PM
Murder? It doesn't count if you kill monsters, so find someone dubbed as such by sensationalist media of some form and you've got consequence-free leveling. I mean, er, wite teckts lolz

Doesn't work like that. You murder someone and BAM 'For the glory of Amn!' or 'Stop right there, criminal scum!'.

DraPrime
2009-08-07, 05:25 PM

Okay. So I'm writing a story about a seventh grader. It doesn't focus much on school, but for the purposes of said story, I need to know a very simple thing that anyone who has BEEN to an American junior high school would know but that I don't.

Still with me?

I know that each day is divided up into a set of periods by a bell and I know that there are somewhere in the vicinity of nine or eight or seven periods over the course of the day.

What I need to know is:

Are classes the same Monday through Friday, or do you have different classes in each time slot on different days?

Yeah.

For me, classes were always in a different order for each day of the week. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday all had a different order of classes.

Recaiden
2009-08-07, 05:25 PM

Still with me?

What I need to know is:

Yeah.

Most schools have the same classes each day, in the same order.
A rare few have different classes Mon-Wed-Fri and Tue-Thu
And it's usually 7 periods around here, although 6 and 8 happen as well.

DraPrime
2009-08-07, 05:27 PM
Most schools have the same classes each day, in the same order.
A rare few have different classes Mon-Wed-Fri and Tue-Thu
And it's usually 7 periods around here, although 6 and 8 happen as well.

Most schools have the same order each day? I never knew that...

I feel stupid now :smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-07, 05:30 PM
Not for me back in elementary.
Each day had seperate schedules(though same periods), but that schedule didn't change per week orso. Only very rarely.

Nano
2009-08-07, 05:33 PM
Yeah, for me in school all my periods were in the same order, all the time.

Phase
2009-08-07, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I had different classes every day. I guess it's variable.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-08-07, 05:35 PM
. . .

How does complaining about a really poorly done blood test and the resulting bruise evolve into free exercising tips?
Only here.
Walking; I do lots, swimming: not so much due to the fact that I haven't seen summer this year.
I don't run. But everything else I pretty much do. Except push - ups. I'm a weak, geeky little girl who happens to be a walking library. Push - ups aren't necessary when you can carry thirty books at a time. Providing they're in a box..

@Fred: Y'see, when you ask for a 'present' like that; you're actually wasting money that could be spent on better things. Like a trip with Best Friend to Plymouth!

@DeeRee: even over here we vary the days! From Y1 onwards each day has its own schedule. I can still recite what I had for Mondays in Y7 for some strange reason. Mostly because it was pretty awful.
Math (period 1)
Geography (period 2)
Double Science (3 and 4)
DOUBLE PE (5 and 6)
Nobody likes double PE last thing. Especially on a Monday. The only other worst time it could be would be Double PE first thing on a Monday.
Which was what I had in Y8. It was good that one time it snowed in the morning and they let us have a 'snowball fight'.
But that was when there were six periods to a day, a twenty minutes break, an hour for lunch and each lesson lasted fifty five minutes.

wadledo
2009-08-07, 05:50 PM
Hey, my school did it on a 4 per day schedule, with every other day (known as A days and B days) having different classes.
Also, the "8th" block of B day was rotating black, meaning that every B day had a new class at the end of it.
It was not pleasant, as you can tell.

Dragonrider
2009-08-07, 05:51 PM
Not for me back in elementary.
Each day had seperate schedules(though same periods), but that schedule didn't change per week orso. Only very rarely.

But you're not American, silly! :smallbiggrin:

So it looks like it's totally variable by school. Excellent. That means I can do whatever I want. :smallamused:

Edit: It's slightly embarrassing, but I was re-reading Harry Potter last week (sorry, Curly :smallwink:) and I FINALLY GOT that "double potions with the Slytherins" meant not that it was a double-sized class (both houses), but that it was a DOUBLE PERIOD.

DUH. :smallsigh::smallbiggrin:

Cyrano
2009-08-07, 05:53 PM
Doesn't work like that. You murder someone and BAM 'For the glory of Amn!' or 'Stop right there, criminal scum!'.

Aha! Not if you get someone to ask you to do it beforehand.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-07, 05:57 PM
But you're not American, silly! :smallbiggrin:

No, but I would like to implement various dutch school systems upon the USA. Oh the confusion and chaos would make me shudder with delight and glee!

Player_Zero
2009-08-07, 06:04 PM
Aha! Not if you get someone to ask you to do it beforehand.

You think The Flaming Fist cares for your excuses? No! You'll pay the fine, or it's off to jail for you.

Cyrano
2009-08-07, 06:05 PM
You think The Flaming Fist cares for your excuses? No! You'll pay the fine, or it's off to jail for you.

I didn't see them complaining when I killed Sarevok nanana shush logic be damned

Recaiden
2009-08-07, 06:17 PM
I didn't see them complaining when I killed Sarevok nanana shush logic be damned

Law enforcement has an elevation limit. If you can dig deep enough, you can get away with any crime.

Player_Zero
2009-08-07, 06:28 PM
Scrabble game is going on after I get some tea if anyone is out there who wants in.

Lexulous.com. Multiplayer Room. We'll wait a wee while.

Coidzor
2009-08-07, 07:41 PM

First things first. Only squares and old people refer to it as junior high unless this is a regional thing I am unaware of, or the school is actually named a junior high school. Otherwise it's just called Middle School.

It varies depending upon scheduling, but I believe most places either have the same blocks (Math, Language, Lunch, Whatever, Elective, Other Thing) and then the elective area is different depending upon the day or there's an A and a B schedule with MWF being different from TTh. Though some places have it so that MWF and TTh alternate depending upon the week with which one is A and which is B.

It varies depending upon the school/state/school district. As my high school actually was using a different scheduling system from at least two other high schools in my school district (the joys of living in a small city of 300K.)

My experiences are a bit jumbled due to going to middle school in three different states, so, yeah.

And while you can do what your squelchy guts demand, remember to keep it consistent if you do. :smalltongue:

Dragonrider
2009-08-07, 07:45 PM
First things first. Only squares and old people refer to it as junior high unless this is a regional thing I am unaware of, or the school is actually named a junior high school. Otherwise it's just called Middle School.

I was using the term because the school in question in the story IS a jr. high, not a middle school - it's a 7th/8th/9th (this for narrative purposes)...

Sounds like the schools are pretty variable in scheduling. :smalltongue: thanks...'s been most helpful.

Pyrian
2009-08-07, 07:52 PM
I went to an actual Junior High back when they were being phased out (I was in the last 9th grade class where it was still a Junior High before becoming a Middle School the next year). It was the same schedule every day of the week.

Coidzor
2009-08-07, 07:54 PM
I was using the term because the school in question in the story IS a jr. high, not a middle school - it's a 7th/8th/9th (this for narrative purposes)...

When is this set? Because that's most unusual as of the past... oh, 20 odd years...

Dragonrider
2009-08-07, 08:15 PM
When is this set? Because that's most unusual as of the past... oh, 20 odd years...

Really? One of my good friends goes to a school like that, and where we lived in California, it was the same...I thought it had more to do with the population of the area than anything (having fewer kids in the high schools).

Philistine
2009-08-07, 08:37 PM

It varies depending upon scheduling, but I believe most places either have the same blocks (Math, Language, Lunch, Whatever, Elective, Other Thing) and then the elective area is different depending upon the day or there's an A and a B schedule with MWF being different from TTh. Though some places have it so that MWF and TTh alternate depending upon the week with which one is A and which is B.

It varies depending upon the school/state/school district. As my high school actually was using a different scheduling system from at least two other high schools in my school district (the joys of living in a small city of 300K.)

My experiences are a bit jumbled due to going to middle school in three different states, so, yeah.

And while you can do what your squelchy guts demand, remember to keep it consistent if you do. :smalltongue:

All of those are regionally- or even locally-varying things, Coid. :smalltongue: For example: where I am there are no "middle schools," they're all still Junior Highs, and they are referred to as such. And they all teach grades 7-9 (save for one which teaches grades 6-9 - it's in a tiny little town where keeping the JHS open would not be economically viable if they moved the 6th graders to the elementary school; but grades 10-12 are bused to a neighboring town).

Locally, scheduling generally follows the traditional US pattern, with the exact same schedule every day, M-F. The electives are the same every day, as well.

I have also subbed for a school system in another state which used "block scheduling," with alternating A and B schedules, at the high school level; in that district the block scheduling did not kick in until Senior High, and the Junior High was still run on the "traditional" schedule (as the other staff referred to it). (And in that district, too, the older- and younger-level schools were referred to as Senior and Junior High respectively - even though the Jr High was, by name, a Middle School.) Block scheduling was not universally popular - while acknowledging that there are many things which one can do in a single two-hour period which cannot be done in two one-hour periods, critics pointed out that two hours is a very long time to expect some teenagers (or adults, for that matter) to stay in their seats, alert, and focused. That, AFAIK, was the reason the district was in no hurry to implement block scheduling for the younger students.

Alteran
2009-08-07, 09:26 PM
Hmm, I'm interested in playing Risk tonight. What website do we use for that? I've heard it mentioned here, but I've never actually played online.

Edit: Also, is anybody else interested? I think it's best with 4 or more people.

Sneak
2009-08-07, 10:02 PM
Hmm. I might be up for a game of Risk. I'm in the process of playing a game right now with my cousins (long-term game, as in a week, not a day). I just made a huge gamble to wipe another player out in order to get her risk cards (I would have ended up with 7 risk cards at the end of my turn). It came down to one last soldier to defeat, and I was rolling with one die. I lost.

Still worth it. :smallbiggrin:

Alteran
2009-08-07, 10:29 PM
That's two players, then! Any other takers?

Alteran
2009-08-07, 11:40 PM
Sigh, too late for Risk now. Anyone for Lexulous?

Rutskarn
2009-08-08, 02:09 AM
Sorry, I'm going to bed. These Morrowind LPs always take about 2 hours longer to do than I think they will, which means that starting one of them is akin to signing an agreement that I'm not going to get enough sleep that night.

Then again, I've just plain been going to bed too late recently anyway. I'll stall on the internet, wasting my time doing stuff like posting in Random Banter. I should really cut down on that habit.

Alteran
2009-08-08, 02:44 AM
Sorry, I'm going to bed. These Morrowind LPs always take about 2 hours longer to do than I think they will, which means that starting one of them is akin to signing an agreement that I'm not going to get enough sleep that night.

Then again, I've just plain been going to bed too late recently anyway. I'll stall on the internet, wasting my time doing stuff like posting in Random Banter. I should really cut down on that habit.

I'm going to bed too, that post was three hours ago.

Yeah, I'm not exactly going to bed very early either. I should try to change that, I guess?

Coidzor
2009-08-08, 03:23 AM
Morrowind LPs? ...Where are these accesible?!

Hannes
2009-08-08, 03:26 AM
Ruts' blog, if I remember correctly.

Hannes
2009-08-08, 04:17 AM
I'm cleaning my room. It's fun. It includes but isn't limited to: using the vacuum cleaner to clean the top of my bookshelf, table et la commode, being sprawled on my back on the floor, cleaning under the bed (Arrr, this be dust bunny country AAAH IT'S A VACUUM CLEANER RUN RUN RUN RUN), the vacuum cleaner creating too much heat and heating the room up to crazy levels of heat etc.

Coidzor
2009-08-08, 04:40 AM
When you vacuum is a significant heat source, it's time to rethink things. Though, I must say, that's a pretty deep clean to be cleaning off the underside of the bed as well as just whapping/dusting/vacuuming around underneath it.

Hannes
2009-08-08, 04:49 AM
It is a pretty formidable foe (the heat) when your room is about... 4x5 long steps or so. And you're right next to the cleaner.

Player_Zero
2009-08-08, 05:18 AM
When you vacuum is a significant heat source, it's time to rethink things. Though, I must say, that's a pretty deep clean to be cleaning off the underside of the bed as well as just whapping/dusting/vacuuming around underneath it.

I want to clean your dusty cups from the inside out. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4wBLUBa8YI)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-08, 05:47 AM
How about a game of Scrabble on Lexulous?

Coidzor
2009-08-08, 05:49 AM
I'm going to sleep but I'll get your youtube when I wake up, Zero. Why don't you and D. Cookie retire some mavericks and play some lexulous in the meantime?

Player_Zero
2009-08-08, 08:06 AM
I dunno, I usually win against people with English as their first language. It may be a futile effort.

Might be up for a bit of scrabble now though.

DraPrime
2009-08-08, 11:22 AM
I dunno, I usually win against people with English as their first language. It may be a futile effort.

You know what would be a good challenge? Scrabble in a language that no one in the group is fully familiar with. Spanish perhaps?

Rutskarn
2009-08-08, 11:29 AM
Morrowind LPs? ...Where are these accesible?!

The first one is here:

http://www.chocolatehammer.org/?p=834

There's usually one every Monday, and often a second on Fridays. Of course, this might well change next week, but what can you do.

Kaelaroth
2009-08-08, 11:30 AM
You know what would be a good challenge? Scrabble in a language that no one in the group is fully familiar with. Spanish perhaps?

Alternatively, you could do it in Esperanto. It might make it seem more universal for the playground...

Player_Zero
2009-08-08, 11:35 AM
Still waiting for scrabble players.

DraPrime
2009-08-08, 11:54 AM
Still waiting for scrabble players.

Where do I join this game of Scrabble?

Player_Zero
2009-08-08, 12:01 PM
Lexulous.com. Multiplayer Room.

Rutskarn
2009-08-08, 12:11 PM

Can't make this game, but just wanted to point out: technically, I speak Spanish.

In a halting, feeble sort of way, and one that would remain so without a few weeks immersion in the language, but enough to give me a decided advantage in a game of Spanish scrabble.

Except that I'm pretty sure we have native speakers in the RB threads.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-08-08, 12:23 PM

Hablo espanol, y Haruki-kun y Skippy estan de Mexico.

Also - I'm too lavy to find the accent marked vowels and enyays. Live with it.

Alteran
2009-08-08, 12:50 PM
If scrabble is still happening, I'm interested in a game or two.

Player_Zero
2009-08-08, 01:13 PM
If scrabble is still happening, I'm interested in a game or two.

As you wish.

Mauve Shirt
2009-08-08, 01:21 PM
Just played real scrabble. Won 410 to 286, got DISGUISES on a triple word score for 83 and ABATING on another triple word score for 82.

Player_Zero
2009-08-08, 01:27 PM
You wanna play then? Maybe you'll give me a decent game.

Mauve Shirt
2009-08-08, 01:36 PM
Maybe in a bit. Internet scrabble doesn't like me for some reason.

DraPrime
2009-08-08, 01:50 PM
Maybe in a bit. Internet scrabble doesn't like me for some reason.

Come on, join! I'm currently watching Alteran and PZ play each other. They should be done soon. You might be able to get into the next match.

Coidzor
2009-08-08, 02:06 PM
One of them, one of them, one of them. :smalltongue:

*yawns* So, I'm back. Hi everyone.

wadledo
2009-08-08, 06:54 PM
Anyone up for scrabble?:smallconfused:

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-08, 07:03 PM

That's because you get all the good letters, ya git. :smalltongue:

*grumbles about having nothing but vowels*

Nano
2009-08-08, 08:12 PM
Fun fact:* Rollerblades are hard to draw.

* Disclaimer: Fact may not actually be fun. If that happens to be the case, do NOT contact local authorities or health officials; it is nothing to be alarmed about.

Rutskarn
2009-08-08, 08:59 PM
Fun fact:* Rollerblades are hard to draw.

* Disclaimer: Fact may not actually be fun. If that happens to be the case, do NOT contact local authorities or health officials; it is nothing to be alarmed about.

Also: pinstripe suits**, soccer balls, feet, cars.

**Seriously. Screw that noise.***

***Also, now I have "Mr. Pinstripe Suit" stuck in my head and want to re-re-re-re play the first Freedom Force.

Assassin89
2009-08-08, 09:06 PM
Not much happening with me. My dog chased a black and white cat about an hour ago.

I'm bored, and I wonder if anyone wants to play the word game that is an insult to the dictionary and something Coolry would not enjoy. "Screw the Dictionary of Lexulous, I have a Webster's Encyclopedic Unabridged Dictionary!"

Alteran
2009-08-08, 09:48 PM
I'll play.

Recaiden
2009-08-08, 10:23 PM
I'll play.

I'd be there, but you appear to be gone already.

How about an artificial language known by no one playing? Like (probably) Esperanto or Interlingua? Or one of those languages Dri invented.:smalltongue:

Alteran
2009-08-08, 10:26 PM
I'd be there, but you appear to be gone already.

I'll go now!

Phase
2009-08-08, 10:53 PM
Scrabble in ancient Nordic. All the words would be different meanings for "Pillage."

Fredthefighter
2009-08-09, 12:12 AM
So, I'm up at 6am on a Sunday morning after getting only 6 hours sleep because since about 5.30 I haven't been able to stop coughing. Urgh. This sucks.

So how are you all?

billtodamax
2009-08-09, 12:14 AM
I just finished playing a game of hockey and two games of b-ball. TIRED!

Fredthefighter
2009-08-09, 12:16 AM
I just finished playing a game of hockey and two games of b-ball. TIRED!

I'm tired too.

I'm just slowly being cheered up by a webcomic called Rock, Paper, Cynic.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-09, 12:18 AM
It's about midnight-thirty here. I'm too lazy to typer numbers for some reason. And the backspace key. So yeah.

billtodamax
2009-08-09, 12:18 AM
Hey, I read that. It's pretty good.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-09, 12:21 AM
It's about midnight-thirty here. I'm too lazy to typer numbers for some reason. And the backspace key. So yeah.

No worries. I'm surprised I can retain any aspect of intelligence/sentience this early. I should still be alseep for something like the next 4 hours.

Bill: Yeah, it is pretty good. :smallbiggrin:

billtodamax
2009-08-09, 12:25 AM
I'm working my way through the 10 or so webcomics I read.

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-09, 12:26 AM
***Also, now I have "Mr. Pinstripe Suit" stuck in my head [/SIZE]

I now love you. That is all.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-09, 12:26 AM
I only read OOTS and I watch Unforgotten Realms which is pretty good.

Phase
2009-08-09, 12:28 AM
Moofin, you need to read more webcomics.

PS - I want to eat "Anonymous"

Alteran
2009-08-09, 12:29 AM
I read a ton of webcomics. I generally can't keep track of every one, so I check for updates rather sporadically for many of them.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-09, 12:30 AM
I probably should. I will if you watch all episodes of Unforgotten Realms.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-09, 12:37 AM
I only read OOTS and I watch Unforgotten Realms which is pretty good.

*Hi-fives*
Unforgotten Realms is awesome. Unskippable and Zero Punctuation are good too.

And I read a total of 22 webcomics. They're all in my favourites. :smallbiggrin:

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-09, 12:39 AM
At last count, I had around 32 webcomics bookmarked. Shlock Mercenary is my favourite.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-09, 12:40 AM
At last count, I had around 32 webcomics bookmarked. Shlock Mercenary is my favourite.

The maximum amount of Webcomics that has ever been in my Favourites is 26 I think.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-09, 12:43 AM
Ahh the antics of Sir Schmoopy and Petey...and Jacques and Mike.

Recaiden
2009-08-09, 12:44 AM
The maximum amount of Webcomics that has ever been in my Favourites is 26 I think.

I have 46. I only actually read about 6 of them, I've just never cleaned out the folder. I blame my choice of favorite webcomic on Phase (No, it's not the one that he writes).

Rutskarn
2009-08-09, 12:45 AM
In...*checks watch*...an hour and ten, Uncle Rutsy's 1st Annual All-American Squirrel Parade Fiction Week will begin, and I will draw the terms.

In related news, I am so very goddamn tired.

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 12:46 AM
Why 3 AM, Rusty?

*backpats* *hands a can of jolt*

Fredthefighter
2009-08-09, 12:47 AM
Ahh the antics of Sir Schmoopy and Petey...and Jacques and Mike.

Eluamous Nailo. Because Wizard names need to be long and hard to spell. :smallbiggrin:

It is indeed quite funny.

And so is this Rock, Paper, Cynic. It's delightfully cynical. :smallbiggrin:

Rutskarn
2009-08-09, 12:49 AM
Why 3 AM, Rusty?

*backpats* *hands a can of jolt*

12 Midnight over here on the Crazy Coast.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-09, 12:51 AM
You are very right sir. Lmao in one of the campaigns I was in, this guy had a wizard and named him Nico Uslo and the DM was like no. It has to be longer than that. He's a wizard.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-09, 12:59 AM
You are very right sir. Lmao in one of the campaigns I was in, this guy had a wizard and named him Nico Uslo and the DM was like no. It has to be longer than that. He's a wizard.

Hmmm, your friend should of gone with Stereotypigandalf McMerlin Wizardpants. :smallbiggrin:

Alteran
2009-08-09, 01:01 AM
It appears I have 21 webcomics bookmarked. That seems about right.

Rutskarn
2009-08-09, 01:07 AM
It appears I have 21 webcomics bookmarked. That seems about right.

I don't bookmark most of them, but I'm sure I read at least 30 or 40.

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 01:15 AM
Doesn't count. We've got Washington, remember? :smalltongue: Six Feet, Twenty, ****ing killing for fun. :smallcool:

Oh yeah. Anyone have any suggestions for what sort of vitamin/mineral deficiencies would be especially appropriate for a creepy guy to taste and comment upon after licking either his blood after someone slashes him or the blood of someone else after he has slashed them?

So far I've been thinking the obvious Vitamin K and Iron bits... But I was wondering what you, the playground would think. Or where the heck to ask such a question better..... or how to phrase it so it not so wonky.

ION: Pettanko is a weird sounding word.

billtodamax
2009-08-09, 01:30 AM
Quickly! Posters of the Playground! I need a third point for my essay! I'm doing it on "Law is different to Justice" and I need a third point on which to write 250 words.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-09, 01:32 AM
Quickly! Posters of the Playground! I need a third point for my essay! I'm doing it on "Law is different to Justice" and I need a third point on which to write 250 words.

Urm. No idea. How about:
Law is real, Justice doesn't exist in this modern world where everyone is cynical.

Coidzor: You are a very weird person. Thankyou for being you.

billtodamax
2009-08-09, 01:34 AM
Well it's a good point and all, but my other points kinda rely on justice existing.

Alteran
2009-08-09, 01:36 AM

It would help if you told us what you already had. And what level of school the essay is for. Oh well, here's a suggestion from a sleep-deprived high schooler.

I would say that the intention of justice is to give a person the punishment or reward that they deserve for their actions, where as law gives a person the punishment or reward that is given to them by the rules. Law can be written for different purposes. Justice is one, but vengeance or "the greater good" is another. Justice, in my mind, is more about the individual being judged, and less about what the rules say. The rules might be written to favour any person(s), but justice is about the one whose actions are on trial.

I'm...I'm not entirely sure if those last sentences make sense. I think they do.

Edit:

Oh yeah. Anyone have any suggestions for what sort of vitamin/mineral deficiencies would be especially appropriate for a creepy guy to taste and comment upon after licking either his blood after someone slashes him or the blood of someone else after he has slashed them?

So far I've been thinking the obvious Vitamin K and Iron bits... But I was wondering what you, the playground would think. Or where the heck to ask such a question better..... or how to phrase it so it not so wonky.

Well, what can actually be tasted? That's what I would consider first. If somebody licked their blood and said "My, that tastes a bit off. There's almost no Vitamin K today.", I wouldn't think "CREEPY." I'd think "Bull****."

Salt can most definitely be tasted, but it's also incredibly obvious. Everybody knows blood is salty. It would be like eating chocolate and saying that it's sweet. Iron, maybe? Does blood taste metallic? I've tasted small bits of blood when I get a cut and don't have a cloth, but I can't remember if I could actually taste iron.

billtodamax
2009-08-09, 01:37 AM
Hm... Yeah, I think that'd work if I put it in first and editted my other two paragraphs a little. Thanks Alteran! *Alteran Theme Music Plays*

Fredthefighter
2009-08-09, 01:37 AM
Well it's a good point and all, but my other points kinda rely on justice existing.

Hmmmmmmm, well, I'm out of ideas.

Phase
2009-08-09, 01:44 AM

Like government is not society from Common Sense?

So I've been reading Thomas Paine. Sue me.

Recaiden
2009-08-09, 01:44 AM
The taste of iron is quite evident in blood. It's obvious, yeah, but tasting the degree of iron might be creepy.

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 01:47 AM
Well, what can actually be tasted? That's what I would consider first. If somebody licked their blood and said "My, that tastes a bit off. There's almost no Vitamin K today.", I wouldn't think "CREEPY." I'd think "Bull****."

Really, the only reason I even thought of vitamin K would be a throwaway reference to blood clotting speed or the consistency of the blood rather than the taste, really. I'm pretty sure iron at least could be noticed if the usual tang wasn't there.

To me, blood usually tastes a bit like a salty penny, so maybe if there were a shortage of zinc...

Fred: *bows* I do so try my best to please.

I'm trying to think of whether this is a characteristic best given to a loose cannon former physician (in multiple senses) type or a depraved villain (also former physician) type.

As there's a definite reference to him recommending another character to cut back on the sweets and talk to his/her doctor about dietary changes that and any medications to help regulate the onset of diabetes. Due to that old sweet smelling/tasting urine trick.

But I haven't yet decided if he's just pulling that out of his ass to mess with him or if he'll actually have collected a sample.

Alteran
2009-08-09, 01:47 AM
Hm... Yeah, I think that'd work if I put it in first and editted my other two paragraphs a little. Thanks Alteran! *Alteran Theme Music Plays*

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help.

Hmmm, what is my theme song? :smallconfused: I need to consider this.

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 01:49 AM
Currently I'm imagining the
OBJECTION! theme music from Phoenix Wright playing for you, Alteran...

Ed: Great... Now I can't find the specific one that I'm thinking about... :smallfurious:

Alteran
2009-08-09, 01:54 AM
Currently I'm imagining the theme music from Phoenix Wright playing for you, Alteran...

Okay, that's pretty cool. If I become a superhero, that will be one theme song I consider.

Wait, what am I saying? I'm already a superhero, of course!

Edit: Rutskarn, time for the beginning of the end?

Edit again:

Ed: Great... Now I can't find the specific one that I'm thinking about... :smallfurious:

Not this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVVECt2cP_A) one, then?

Phase
2009-08-09, 02:01 AM
I can't sleep. Someone (other than Coidzor. Remember what happened last time.) give me some advice.

Alteran
2009-08-09, 02:05 AM
Alright, I've decided. This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbhbLrSQKyY) is my theme song. :smallcool:

Edit:

I can't sleep. Someone (other than Coidzor. Remember what happened last time.) give me some advice.

Don't sleep. Stay up all night, and then go to bed at a normal/early time tomorrow. Hopefully that will set your sleep schedule right(ish). I've never actually done this (so no guarantees of success), but it's an interesting idea.

Recaiden
2009-08-09, 02:06 AM

Sorry. I'm only here because I can't get to sleep. Drain some of your blood to cause unconsciousness? That's actually a terrible idea that you shouldn't try. Eat milk and bread?

EDIT: You're a pokemon? And here'd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HLUu6VcUaI) be what's probably mine.

Alteran
2009-08-09, 02:08 AM
Sorry. I'm only here because I can't get to sleep. Drain some of your blood to cause unconsciousness? That's actually a terrible idea that you shouldn't try.

Yeah, especially since you'd have trouble controlling the flow of blood once you've passed out.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-09, 02:09 AM

Ram your head off of a wall until you fall unconcious onto your bed? Drink some warm milk?
Please ignore the first suggestion.

Alteran: That is one of most awesome theme songs you could've chosen. This one is mine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlw1FpOCEfo&feature=related). :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 02:11 AM
Not this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVVECt2cP_A) one, then?

Nope. I'm-a PM you for the NSFW curse words in the bit I have found. I've heard it in other phoenix wright things but this is the only one I could find this time around where I was seeking it.

Phase: I am wounded. Do antihistamines pep you up instead? or do you just not have any warm water/milk?

ouch... headache time....x.x

Also, I love that pokemon song far more than I should. Both of them.

My theme song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg)

billtodamax
2009-08-09, 02:11 AM
Maybe starve yourself of oxygen somehow... Aren't we just full of great ideas?

Alteran
2009-08-09, 02:18 AM
This one is mine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlw1FpOCEfo&feature=related). :smallbiggrin:

I almost chose that one. :smallwink:

My theme song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg)

Okay, that's also awesome.

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 02:24 AM
Okay, that's also awesome.

It has its drawbacks though. As about half the time, certain portions of this song by the Divinyls (:smallwink:) comes on instead, someone throws something at my head, usually a shoe or a book. But sometimes something more dangerous, such as a TANK! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrPfV22C5Xs) (no, not that kind of Tank (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zDfxZ4NcE), though that would be nice...) ...it was rather embarrassing getting my rabies shots after that...

And then there's a more or less obligatory chase scene unless one wants to end up in the clutches of the dimension of rejected extras from that music video. And in the 80s.

Makes for annoying time travel segues to nab the ones we care about back.

FoE
2009-08-09, 06:00 AM
You know, I'm creeped out by those freaky Lazy Town puppets, but GODDAMN IT that Cooking by the Book (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-azqXygCzO8) song is catchy.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-09, 06:09 AM
Damn, FoE, I know you're evil....but Lazy Town?

I'm disgusted...

Thanatos 51-50
2009-08-09, 06:23 AM
Woo! Earthquake! Busy tiem nao!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-09, 06:24 AM
Woo! Meet-up! Busy tiem nao!

FoE
2009-08-09, 06:24 AM
I'm not advocating watching it! But that Stephanie's voice is hypnotic ... Can't stop listening ... Free will slipping away ... Got to ... Got to do the cooking by the book ...

Woo! Earthquake! Busy tiem nao!

Congratulations on your natural disaster! :smalltongue:

Phase
2009-08-09, 06:35 AM
At least it's a not that pirate song. That thing invades your mind like an infernal parasite, eating away at your cortexes for higher thought and leaving only despair.

unstattedCommoner
2009-08-09, 06:35 AM
Announcement:

To the person or persons who, at some time during 2004-2005, replaced the English cricket team with a load of competent doppelgangers, and who recently returned the originals:

Kindly take the originals back and leave us the doppelgangers.

That is all.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-09, 06:37 AM
Sorry, the doppelgangers had their vacation, now it's time for them to go back and practice so they can qonqour the world for me, later.

(I figure once they beat Australia, there will be no challenge left)

Thanatos 51-50
2009-08-09, 06:52 AM
Woo. Initial panic has calmed down.

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 02:46 PM
Good, hope there's no broken gas lines nearby.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-08-09, 02:47 PM
I am situated on the Ring of Fire. that type of stuff is usually accounted for in the building codes.

Dragonrider
2009-08-09, 02:56 PM
Random fact:

I generally like British pronunciations of things.

But I cannot abide they way they/you (sorry, my friends!) pronounce "schedule".

Glad I got that off my chest.

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-09, 03:06 PM
do you mean 'she-jule' or 'ske-jule'? Those are the two I've heard, and I'm not sure which is from where.

eidreff
2009-08-09, 03:07 PM
Is that the "sked" or "shed" version... I have heard Britishers say it both ways!

Itinerary is a much better work imo.

@Thanatos :smalleek: How serious was the 'quake? Are they a regular as in daily/weekly occurrence?

Neko Toast
2009-08-09, 03:07 PM
Random fact:

I generally like British pronunciations of things.

But I cannot abide they way they/you (sorry, my friends!) pronounce "schedule".

Glad I got that off my chest.

... You know, you're right. It's not spelled "Shedule", British people. There is a C in it.

Just like there's an A in the word "idea", not an R.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-08-09, 03:09 PM
@Thanatos :smalleek: How serious was the 'quake? Are they a regular as in daily/weekly occurrence?

6.9 Magnitude, 100 NM S of the main island. Micro-quakes and other small earthquakes are pretty common all along the RoF. This was a particulalrly big one.

eidreff
2009-08-09, 03:10 PM
but I think that the sh is as in the word Schadenfreude.. a soft germanic pronunciation. maybe. I'm no expert.

Edit: That worries me.. we had a tiny earth tremor hear in the north of britain a year or so ago.. people talked about it for days after, and the chimney on a house down the road fell off.. i slept through it. I can't imagine that kind of thing as a regular part of life! *is glad that he lives is a geologically settled area*

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 03:10 PM
^:It's not quite on the mark to be in line with Schadenfreude's "Sch" But it is a bit close.

I actually take more umbrace with the latter part of the word. there's just something about their emphasis on that which makes my skin crawl.

Or possibly the shed bit just brings out the worst of the yule log goodness.

I am situated on the Ring of Fire. that type of stuff is usually accounted for in the building codes.

Well, yeah, it is Japan, after all. But it's still a possibility or else they make it out to be, even if they prepare against it.

unstattedCommoner
2009-08-09, 03:13 PM
do you mean 'she-jule' or 'ske-jule'? Those are the two I've heard, and I'm not sure which is from where.

I pronounce it "time-table" :smalltongue:

Thanatos 51-50
2009-08-09, 03:13 PM
Well, yeah, it is Japan, after all. But it's still a possibility or else they make it out to be, even if they prepare against it.

Point. There have been no reports of damage that have reached my ears.

Phase
2009-08-09, 03:24 PM
Ahh, summer. I have but a few more days left before I have to get started on my paper...

Dragonrider
2009-08-09, 03:37 PM
Typically, Americans say "sked-jule" and Britlanders say "shed-jule", from what I know...anyway, I've never heard "shed" from an American.

It's a fatal flaw in your otherwise glorious linguistic assortment, my dear Englishpersons. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2009-08-09, 03:38 PM
Ahh, summer. I have but a few more days left before I have to get started on my paper...

What sort of a paper is this that you have to do?

And yes, it's skedule.

Phase
2009-08-09, 03:44 PM
What sort of a paper is this that you have to do?

And yes, it's skedule.

On the immune response of partially protected mice when they are challenged over a period of six months with Plasmodium Yoelii.

Alteran
2009-08-09, 03:45 PM
Typically, Americans say "sked-jule" and Britlanders say "shed-jule", from what I know...anyway, I've never heard "shed" from an American.

I always say sked-jule. Shed-jule just...it feels really strange to say it like that. I don't know why.

Although I'll agree that Britain does well otherwise with their language. I especially admire their use of the letter "u" in words such as colour and honour. :smalltongue:

Moofin Bard
2009-08-09, 03:47 PM
Here's my theme song. It's beastly.
Peaches! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLbFCgTTNLM)

Or it might even be this one:
Chocolate Rain? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA)

BTW blood tastes super coppery. Like when I suck on old pennies which I do for some reason. Blood actually tastes pretty good...

Thufir
2009-08-09, 03:50 PM

It's a fatal flaw in your otherwise glorious linguistic assortment, my dear Englishpersons. :smalltongue:

LIES AND SLANDORZ.

I can't think of any instance when I've heard it pronounced shed-jule. There must have been such an occurrence, otherwise I wouldn't know it was an alternative pronunciation, but I can't actually remember it.
Certainly everyone I know pronounces it the way that sounds good.

Recaiden
2009-08-09, 03:52 PM
Here's my theme song. It's beastly.
Peaches! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLbFCgTTNLM)

Or it might even be this one:
Chocolate Rain? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwTZ2xpQwpA)

BTW blood tastes super coppery. Like when I suck on old pennies which I do for some reason. Blood actually tastes pretty good...

Old enough that they aren't made of zinc?
@Phase: Good luck with that.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-09, 03:53 PM
:smallyuk: Don't ruin my posts with your logic.

Dragonrider
2009-08-09, 04:07 PM
LIES AND SLANDORZ.

I can't think of any instance when I've heard it pronounced shed-jule. There must have been such an occurrence, otherwise I wouldn't know it was an alternative pronunciation, but I can't actually remember it.
Certainly everyone I know pronounces it the way that sounds good.

Huh.

Probably a regional thing, then -

But I'm pretty sure TV English says the Sh....

Rutskarn
2009-08-09, 04:07 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say that ducks are overused. As birds go, they're not really all that funny. They're just comedic shorthand for OMG FUNNY ANIMAL LOL!

I think I found a way around it for UR1Ax3SPFW, though.

eidreff
2009-08-09, 04:12 PM
Huh.

Probably a regional thing, then -

But I'm pretty sure TV English says the Sh....

We only say it that way for the cameras. Or to annoy people :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

@Rutskarn

Couldn't agree more. Ducks are only good when they are crispy on pancake.

Hannes
2009-08-09, 04:17 PM
And now for something completely different...

We got a party name for our party last session.

It's SMORG.

It's composed of the first letters of the names of our characters.

Morg is morgue in Estonian.

SMORG also reads as "supermobiilne operatiiv ja ründegrupp" which translates as super mobile operative and attack group.

Multiple meanings, yay!

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 04:22 PM
Ducks are rarely good due to so many people not knowing how to cook them and leaving them slimy from all of their fat.

'tis a very fine line, duck fat. And so easy to get too much of it. :smallyuk:

I prefer gallinaceous birds anyway. mmm mmm mmm.

Jo, Hannes.

I pronounce an a in schedule and I am not ashamed of this. Slurring it just doesn't give the sense of importance actually bothering to use the word should have.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-09, 04:24 PM
I like to pronounce words how they are spelled.

Like chemistry. It's CHemistry. With a hard CH sound.

Assassin89
2009-08-09, 04:26 PM
Well right now, I am wearing a Hawaiian shirt. Why am I wearing this you ask? I am to going to a family reunion that celebrates the 50th wedding anniversary of my grandparents soon, and by grandparents, I mean the ones who are not from Taiwan.

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 04:28 PM
So how does that differ from the usual way of saying Chemistry?

Also, who here takes advantage of the Private Message download tool when their inbox gets full?

I just started doing it as a matter of course once I saw it down there.

Assassin Man Man Man: That still doesn't explain why you're wearing a haiwaiian shirt for a more or less formal, celebratory but reserved occasion?

Moofin Bard
2009-08-09, 04:32 PM
Most people pronounce Chemistry Kemistry. I prefer not to.

Assassin89
2009-08-09, 04:32 PM
Assassin Man Man Man: That still doesn't explain why you're wearing a haiwaiian shirt for a more or less formal, celebratory but reserved occasion?

Blame my Grandfather. He want all the men to wear these types of shirts.

As for pronouncing Chemistry, it is pronounced Kem'e stre.

Alteran
2009-08-09, 04:34 PM
Well right now, I am wearing a Hawaiian shirt. Why am I wearing this you ask? I am to going to a family reunion that celebrates the 50th wedding anniversary of my grandparents soon, and by grandparents, I mean the ones who are not from Taiwan.

Have fun!

Also, I'm a bugbear now. Cool.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-09, 04:40 PM
Good job. What comes after dwarf? Orc?

littlequietguy
2009-08-09, 04:45 PM
I pronounce it subtle instead of suttle.
It isn't a mistake it's a statement!

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 04:45 PM
Good job. What comes after dwarf? Orc?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659

This post has all that info, but we're not really allowed to discuss it more than to link you to it.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-09, 04:50 PM
I pronounce it subtle instead of suttle.
It isn't a mistake it's a statement!

*high five*
Pronouncing things the way they're spelled is my way of rebelling against people spelling things with extra letters.

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 04:54 PM
Kemistry would just be an ugly word though, you have to admit that.

And Heckler and Koch just wouldn't have the same ring to it...

Philistine
2009-08-09, 05:16 PM

Family ruinions are "more or less formal," "reserved" occasions in your family? Chilling!

Both sides of my family are most likely to book a pavilion (or two) at a local park for an afternoon cookout, or set up shop at an all-you-can-eat-buffet type of place. Either way, family reunions are distinctly casual occasions.

... And Heckler & Koch always just bcomes "H&K" anyway. :smallwink:

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 05:25 PM
Family ruinions are "more or less formal," "reserved" occasions in your family? Chilling!

Both sides of my family are most likely to book a pavilion (or two) at a local park for an afternoon cookout, or set up shop at an all-you-can-eat-buffet type of place. Either way, family reunions are distinctly casual occasions.

... And Heckler & Koch always just bcomes "H&K" anyway. :smallwink:

Well, yeah. Smith and Wesson become S&W, but sometimes it just adds panache to speak their names fully for dramatic effect.

Well, that sounds nice. My family is a weird mix when it comes to the one family reunion we have. Most of the family is pretty relaxed but they're still all fancified in dress.

And there's a combination of a cookout and dinner at mama's house, although, none of my grandmothers' generation really is able to take on that role so they sort of share it between the womenfolk who are doing the cooking and presiding over it together.

I have to admit though, my grandma's kinda badass, actually. She still scares my dad and he's 6'3" and before I was born he was mostly muscle at about 240 lbs.

Actually, it's kinda weird. He wasn't really affected by the childrens being born like dads about half the time are until I was born. And then about 7 years later his thyroid went out of whack.

I am not quite sure whether I should feel guilty about this.

My mom's never been able to shed the weight of having children, even though lord knows she could spent more time investigating weight loss options and dieting than some of the other elective medical procedures she sought out.

Electrolysis still squicks me out as a word to this day.

Rutskarn
2009-08-09, 05:41 PM
Not to mention that Smith and Wesson has the same amount of syllables as S&W.

Pyrian
2009-08-09, 05:49 PM
Not to mention that Smith and Wesson has the same amount of syllables as S&W.Less, I think.

Smith and Wes son versus ess and dou ble you.

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 05:54 PM
Less, I think.

Smith and Wes son versus ess and dou ble you.

I think you just stumbled upon why Dubya was invented. :smallamused:

Also, H&K eventually becomes HK along the same lines of AK.

Player_Zero
2009-08-09, 06:39 PM
I think I must've listened to the Muppet Christmas Carol opening song about Scrooge more than any other... Know all the words and everything...

Scrooge liked the cold; he was hard as sharp as a flint, secret and self-contained, as solitary as an oyster.

...Makes you want to become cruel moneylender and landlord just so you can torment muppets...

The song Jack sings from The Nightmare Before Christmas too.

Maybe I should become a melancholic skeletal Scrooge who steals Christmas...

Phase
2009-08-09, 06:44 PM
Maybe I should become a melancholic skeletal Scrooge who steals Christmas...

Aren't you already?

Player_Zero
2009-08-09, 06:45 PM
In real life I mean. Though I'm not so sure about the particulars of becoming skeletal or stealing Christmas. I guess the rest will have to surfice.

Rutskarn
2009-08-09, 07:21 PM
Christmas has gotten much better security in recent years.

Coidzor
2009-08-09, 07:24 PM
Well, after Bun-Bun ate it, it was kinda obligatory to ramp up the defenses..

Rutskarn
2009-08-09, 07:26 PM
Still, locking the barn door after the arbitrary pseudo-religious celebration has escaped, don't you know?

Cristo Meyers
2009-08-09, 09:42 PM
Remind me to kill the next person that starts talking about a Do It Yourself project...

...just spent the past 6 or 7 hours trying to lay some laminate flooring down. After much cursing, swearing, and a bit of bleeding we appear to have more or less finished.

Too bad we still have the rather large kitchen to also do...