PDA

View Full Version : A little about yourselves...

Korivan
2009-07-30, 05:06 PM
I got this idea from all those personal About-You quizzes people keep sending me on facebook. So, I figured it would be great to put a DND version here.
So please, if you want, put down your…

1. Favorite PC Name:
2. Favorite Campaign Setting:
3. Favorite Race:
4. Favorite Tavern Name:
5. Favorite Class:
6. Favorite Spell:
7. Favorite Source Book:
8. Strongest monster ever defeated:
9. Highest level obtained:
10. Favorite Magic Item:
11. Most Lovable DND Quote:
12. Weirdest Encounter:

And of course, if you can think of more please add.

Eldariel
2009-07-30, 05:49 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Elerion Finnirion
2. Favorite Campaign of Birth: Do not understand the question...Campaign of Birth?
3. Favorite Race: Elf (Gray in D&D although I dislike D&D portrayal of Elves)
4. Favorite Tavern Name: Kegleg Barrel
5. Favorite Class: Dunno. Warblade?
6. Favorite Spell: Battlemagic Perception
7. Favorite Source Book: Tome of Battle
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Metric is interesting here; the strongest opponent I have ever slayed is probably not the one of highest CR. We have slain some homebrew Demigod in an Epic game tho; if CRPGs count, Demogorgon.
9. Highest level obtained: Obtained the oldfashioned way or played on? For oldfashioned way, 24.
10. Favorite Magic Item: Deck of Many Things! Not even close!
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: Most of mine are puns, they don't really translate that well. I also suck at remembering these, even though they're funny at the time.
12. Weirdest Encounter: Weirdest in how it played out or in what we faced? Umm, "Give Obad-Hai a good reason to give you access to a permanent alteration ritual to turn your companion into a Rakshasa" is up there.

d13
2009-07-30, 06:15 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Mine? Leon Dereven has a place in my heart xD:
2. Favorite Campaign of Birth: Me not get.
3. Favorite Race: Human.
4. Favorite Tavern Name: Goblin's Restroom, hands down.
5. Favorite Class: Every single one but wizard, paladin and/or monk.
6. Favorite Spell: Delayed Blast Fireball.
7. Favorite Source Book: Unearthed Arcana.
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Ancient White Dragon.
9. Highest level obtained: Mmm... 19? My DM doesn't like Epic level games.
10. Favorite Magic Item: Deck of Many Things.
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "I grapple the statue".
12. Weirdest Encounter: 71 goblin gay rights activists, using "aid another" tactics :smalleek:

sofawall
2009-07-30, 06:38 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Fistbeard Beardfist, not mine (Pharaohs, if I recall coreectly) but I've since made a Dwarven monk just to use that name.
2. Favorite Campaign of Birth: Again, wuh?
3. Favorite Race: Dwarf.
4. Favorite Tavern Name: Ye Olde LCBO (Kinda says my location, for anyone living in the area)
5. Favorite Class: Druid
6. Favorite Spell: Draconic Polymorph (I know, I'm awful) or Bite of the Werebear (again, awful)
7. Favorite Source Book: ToB
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Umm... I dunno, Mind Flayer Sorcerer, probably. I don't play many high level campaigns.
9. Highest level obtained:Starting at level 1, 8. As I said above, I don't play high level campaigns.
10. Favorite Magic Item: Runestaff
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "A Beguiler Beguiler? Are they running out of words?"
12. Weirdest Encounter: The drunk farmer using a pitchfork who just happened to be a retired level 13 warblade. We were level 6. We were not supposed to fight him. He was meant to be used to stop us from killing random villagers.

After he one-shotted the raging barbarian, a Grease followed up by two flanking rogues ended him real quick. (The DM forgot to put ranks in Balance)

Rhiannon87
2009-07-30, 06:50 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Alvera Drakeford/Kaspara Tovar. The first name listed is her alias.
2. Favorite Campaign of Birth: A campaign we're affectionately calling Neverloft-- started in Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, and we're heading for Neverwinter.
3. Favorite Race: Humans. They're so versatile!
4. Favorite Tavern Name: Faith & Whiskey. Actually the name of a bar in Chicago, but we're totally stealing it for the name of a pair of taverns, one in Waterdeep and one in Neverwinter, run by clerics of Lliira and Sharess and linked via portal.
5. Favorite Class: Rogue. I love me some skill points.
6. Favorite Spell: Hmm. I don't play spell casters much. Considering how often I or my party members tend to die: raise dead.
7. Favorite Source Book: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Thus far? Probably the BBEG from Ravenloft, Strahd. We're about to go tango with a mystery arcane caster and his minions, and that fight will probably be tougher.
9. Highest level obtained: 12th, and we're likely to keep going.
10. Favorite Magic Item: Handy Haversack. :D
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: I have a collection of them. My sig has a few of my current favorites.
12. Weirdest Encounter: Oh, definitely the one where one of our rogues went to check out the airship we were gonna travel on and found out it was a neogi slave ship and then got caught and led a pack of neogi and a truly horrid umber hulk back to the inn during his escape. Our fighter's cursed slippers of dancing kicked in then; we took out most of the neogi before the umber hulk showed up, fortunately, but the umber hulk confused both our rogues, who started attacking each other (fortunately, they couldn't sneak attack one another; one of them had DR that couldn't be broken by the other's dagger damage, and the other had an AC that the first one couldn't hit most of the time). Then once the umber hulk was dead they kept attacking each other and escaping from the fighters' grapples. In character, they're still both convinced that they took down the umber hulk together.

Skorj
2009-07-30, 07:21 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Molly Steel
2. Favorite Campaign of Birth: Homebrew
3. Favorite Race: 600-pound crab (homebrew SciFi campaign)
4. Favorite Tavern Name: Not printable on this forum :smallwink:
5. Favorite Class: Melee fighter of some sort, especially in campaign settings where that makes even less CharOp sense than D&D
6. Favorite Spell: My spelling is terrible
7. Favorite Source Book: homebrew
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: 50-ton robotic main battle tank - defeated with a melee weapon
9. Highest level obtained: Haven't played a system with levels in mumbly years
10. Favorite Magic Item: Wand of Wonder!
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "So it's a naggin' wagon draggin' Dragon flagon?"
12. Weirdest Encounter: 1e D&D. Low level party vs two carrion crawlers (which are nasty even by Gygaxian standards). Near the end of the battle, the party wizard is the only one standing, with no spells left, all daggers thrown, being chased around the (otherwise cleared) dungeon level by the carrion crawler, which had 1 HP left. Eventually the wizard kills the carrion crawler with a thrown bone from an enemy killed much earlier (and a nat 20). The wizard goes on to use that bone as his exclusive weapon, takes a proficiency in it, has it enchanted, research custom spells aorund it, and so on for the remainder of the multi-year campaign. Good times.

The Manly Man
2009-07-30, 07:35 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Cobb (short, recognisable)
2. Favorite Campaign of Birth: Expedition To Castle Raveloft
3. Favorite Race: 3.5: Tiefling. 4.0: Drow (I'm so emo)
4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Coloured Beast
5. Favorite Class: Beguiler, with rogue a close second.
6. Favorite Spell: Timestop. At lower levels, grease.
7. Favorite Source Book: Dark Heresy
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Single-handed? A colossal red dragon.
9. Highest level obtained: 18
10. Favorite Magic Item: Heward's Handy Haversack. It's so handy.
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "You can't sneak attack with a hand puppet."
12. Weirdest Encounter: Giant flaming marionettes versus panicking goblins versus a kobold paladin.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2009-07-30, 07:44 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Aezetyr D'arshanian

2. Favorite Campaign of Birth: the 'Realms, until another character of mine destroyed them.

3. Favorite Race: Anything Fey; or Elan (Psionic)

4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Coy Nixie (Shackled City campaign)

5. Favorite Class: Psion(3.5), or Dervish Prestige class

6. Favorite Power: Energy Barrage (One of the better things in Complete Psionic)

6.3. Favorite Spell: Thunderlance, from Spell Compendium

6.6. Favorite Weapon: Jovar from the Planar Handbook. Exotic Celestial-designed Greatsword that crits on an 18. 2nd favorite has to be the Ripper Chain (Quintessential Drow).

7. Favorite Source Book: Complete Warrior; with Quintessential Drow coming in close 2nd.

8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Aezetyr, at CR15, singlehandedly defeated a Advanced Hag (she was CR21). Oh.. not a full caster. My caster level was 13. :smallbiggrin:

9. Highest level obtained: 25 (Serraneous'thka the Dragon Shaman)

10. Favorite Magic Item: Deck of Many Things, or Greater Truedeath crystals. We fight a lot of mobile dead things.

11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "Where we last left our dying dungeon delvers..."

12. Weirdest Encounter: Investigating a drug culture in a small village; we happen to encounter a Farspawn creature that is literally spewing concentrated "Green <stuff>"; that the drug dealers are watering down and selling to the masses. In weakened form, it's a lot like Bacardi 151 with a hint of heroin. In Pure form you're making insanity rolls and getting ranks in Forbidden Lore by the handful. That is all well and good, until a party member, not me, decided to use a Rod of Wonder on the pool of the green insanity <stuff>. Guess what he rolls. Fireball. Basically turns the green goo into green mist; making it airborne, and basically driving the entire town and party to insanity for about 2 days.

OverdrivePrime
2009-07-30, 07:54 PM
D&D Quiz!

1. Favorite PC Name: Gareth Stormfury
2. Favorite Campaign of Birth: Marutis - a friend's 2nd edition homebrew world
3. Favorite Race: Human
4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Drunken Monkey Interdimensional Tavern and Inn - a chain of taverns that shows up in every RPG I've ever been involved in.
5. Favorite Class: Warblade (prior to TOB, it was a homebrewed version of Ranger)
6. Favorite Spell: Glass Strike
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: The king of the Doomwraiths, in the Marutis campaign.
9. Highest level obtained: 11. I'm almost always the DM for DnD, and the campaigns I don't run tend to fall apart.
10. Favorite Magic Item: The Heart of Gold, an artifact I created for a campaign long ago.
Edrick (Fighter/Mage/Thief): I attempt to pick her pockets!
Me (DM): Okay, roll percentile. (it was second edition)
Edrick : WOO! I roll a 1! What do I get?
Lokan (Wizard): Hey, uh... didn't you say she was only wearing a flimsy nightgown?
Me: Yep. Edrick, she blushes furiously, then starts to slap you silly!
12. Weirdest Encounter: Other player characters. Particularly a fremlin.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-07-30, 08:01 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Jacquelyn Eva Pierce-Roswell
2. Favorite Campaign: The Beauty and Blight of the Black Rose, a homebrew by this forum's very own Nexus R.C. Mina, although unfortunately cut short in its prime.
3. Favorite Race: Whatever my character's race needs to be. I don't favor one or the other.
4. Favorite Tavern Name: I'm not sure...we don't encounter many in the games I normally play.
5. Favorite Class: Chameleon, although it's technically a PrC. I also have a soft spot for Bards.
6. Favorite Spell: Shrink Item, Mindrape, or any Image (Silent, Permanent, and so on) spell.
7. Favorite Source Book: Heroes of Horror. Tome of Battle is up there though.
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Strongest? I'm going to assume this means "strongest in relation to the party." In that case, a level 19 (CR 20+) Medusa Assassin...as 2nd level d20 Modern characters with no supernatural aid at all. How? Incredible luck, a grapple check, the Double Tap feat, and an unfortunate Massive Damage save.
9. Highest level obtained: Don't even remember. 24+?
10. Favorite Magic Item: The "Magic Door Opening Fork." Although that wasn't really magical at all (my character just thought it was). So our magic washbasin (automatically cleans whatever you put in it) probably takes this one.
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "You know that if he tries that, he's going to meet 'Improvised Weapon Proficiency: Horse' coming the other way, right?" and "It's a priceless artifact of untold historical and cultural importance to his people, and you're going to throw it at someone?" "Yep. Incidentally, I deal 135 damage."
12. Weirdest Encounter: Perhaps the giant demon tree and its associated army that was the final fight of our latest campaign. That was a strange one indeed.

OverdrivePrime
2009-07-30, 08:07 PM
4. Favorite Tavern Name: Faith & Whiskey. Actually the name of a bar in Chicago, but we're totally stealing it for the name of a pair of taverns, one in Waterdeep and one in Neverwinter, run by clerics of Lliira and Sharess and linked via portal.

Ha! I just drove past that place the other day. It's an awesome name for a bar! Have you ever been in there?

Olo Demonsbane
2009-07-30, 08:10 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Vorgrim is a fun one.
2. Favorite Campaign of Birth: Staff of Darkness
3. Favorite Race: Dvati
4. Favorite Tavern Name: *rolls* the Tipsy Boot. What?
5. Favorite Class: Absolutely no clue.
6. Favorite Spell: Thunderhead
7. Favorite Source Book: Spell Compendium
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: All the dieties in the cosmology in one turn as a 13th level character.
9. Highest level obtained: 364
10. Favorite Magic Item: Word of Chaos.
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: Warforged-Give it to me!
Me-Didnt your mother ever teach you to say please? *Double crit*
12. Weirdest Encounter: Fighting skeletons that had poisonous fungi growing on them.

9mm
2009-07-30, 08:37 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Haruhi Yuki, a Tough/Daredevil Japanese school girl.
2. Favorite Campaign: Octane, "Grandpa has been kidnapped by ninjas, are you bad enough dudes to rescue grandpa."
3. Favorite Race: human
4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Storyline Pun
5. Favorite Class: Melees, any.
6. Favorite Spell: Summon ____
7. Favorite Source Book: D20 modern weapon's locker, I love toys.
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Cthulu Bunny
10. Favorite Magic Item: not magic, but a jet powered ford tarus.
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "What was that thermal spike?"
12. Weirdest Encounter: Alcohol induced illusions made real...

SirKazum
2009-07-30, 08:43 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Actually I like them all, and I like to vary a lot. But I'll say Cromwell for the hell of it.
2. Favorite Campaign of Birth: Planescape! Or is it Ravenloft? Dark Sun maybe? Uh, Red Steel? AAAAAARRRRGH!
3. Favorite Race: It's tough to beat Human. I'm a sucker for flexibility.
4. Favorite Tavern Name: I don't care much for taverns, but I like "The Mermaid's Cups".
5. Favorite Class: Roguity Rogue. Though I see a strong (and odd) trend of playing Clerics as well.
6. Favorite Spell: Charm Person, hands down, by far.
7. Favorite Source Book: I'll go out on a limb and say Creative Campaigning for 2E AD&D. Complete Priest's Handbook (also 2E) comes close.
7.5. Most Worthless Source Book You've Actually Paid Money For: Backdrops, an early d20 supplement by some tiny publisher that probably didn't go anywhere. Just thought it deserved mention.
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: The obvious: Tarrasque (2E AD&D). At 7th level. Almost everyone in the party died though, including me.
9. Highest level obtained: The old-fashioned way, level by level since 1st? Don't quite remember, but something in the 15-17 range (a 2E triple multiclass). There's also this one bard that started in 2E, got converted to 3E, and progressed well into epic levels, but most of that was as an NPC so I'm not really counting that.
10. Favorite Magic Item: Hat of Disguise, no contest - but with an honorable mention for the Belt of Many Pouches.
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "I detect evil on the breakfast." (Paladin PC on a campaign I was running. No, not really called for, the player was just being paranoid.)
12. Weirdest Encounter: Too many oddball/goofy encounters to count (fun is first place by far in my table). But honorable mention goes to the time, in a 2E Ravenloft campaign where I was playing Cromwell the formerly pacifist druid, when the DM had each of the PCs (plus an NPC) find a differently-colored gemstone (of the 5 colors from M:tG), and get cursed with a strange behavior somehow tied to the stone. I got the red gemstone, and became magically compelled to hug everyone and tell them how much I loved them in a really touchy-feely way. This was a helluva fun campaign to play, partly for zany stuff like that, but far from just that.

Glyde
2009-07-30, 08:51 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: I never reuse them, but I guess Kit is my favorite for a changeling.

2. Favorite Campaign Setting: If I have to choose a published one, then Forgotten Realms. Otherwise, homebrew settings all the way.

3. Favorite Race: Mechanically, Human. For roleplaying, just about anything else. Dvati, Changelings, Warforged and Darfellan are up there.

4. Favorite Tavern Name: Fuzzy Quarterstaff.

5. Favorite Class: Hrm. I'm fond of rogues. Also Warblades, fighters, swordsages and wu jen

6. Favorite Spell: Shock and Awe or good old fashioned Fireball

7. Favorite Source Book: Complete Adventurer or ToB

8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Ancient Black Dragon

9. Highest level obtained: 10 so far

10. Favorite Magic Item: Mop of flying or gloves of storing

11. Most Lovable DND Quote: IC? "I am the bane my own blood. I have been through hell a dozen times over just to get a chance at slaying you. Now that I am here, prepare to taste the consumed and assimilated souls of this Bloodied Rose!(the name of the character's sword)"

12. Weirdest Encounter: I can't really think of anything particularly weird. I've run some weird encounters before though, such as the chess battle one where I had the characters take possession of chess pieces and fight off a jester-like master of masks. That was fun.

Berserk Monk
2009-07-30, 08:52 PM
1. Ram McStrongfist
2. any 3.5
3. goliath
4. The Everything's-Free-Because-I'm-a-Barbarian-so-Don't-Make-Me-Angry
5. Barbarian
6. Bull's Strength
7. Complete Warrior
8. probably a cadaver collector
9. level 15
10. Belt of Giant Str +6
11. "Ten Natural Twenties in a row? Hells Yeah!!!"
12. gay centaur "checking out the stallions"

EleventhHour
2009-07-30, 08:53 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Exandria Moonkame
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Ebberon
3. Favorite Race: Felids or one of the various Elves. (Excluding Drow.)
4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Sparrow and Swallow
5. Favorite Class: Paladin
6. Favorite Spell: Er...
7. Favorite Source Book: PHB :smallbiggrin:
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: I... sort of beat a Hydra, once. Indirectly. Okay, okay it fell into a volcaneo with me.
9. Highest level obtained: 12
10. Favorite Magic Item: I would have to say my Brilliant Energy Longsword.
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "But Preform is a cross-class skill!"
12. Weirdest Encounter: ...A ninja clan. That was battling with a crew of pirates, while the ship was being eaten by a Kraken, and the party was buzy with an overflight of Harpies from the nearby cliffs.

Civil War Man
2009-07-30, 09:05 PM
Many of these answers are not D&D related, but whatever.

1. Favorite PC Name: Lord Reginald Worthington III (I was playing a snooty English nobleman)
2. Favorite Campaign of Birth: I once played in a Pirates of the Caribbean campaign using the Serenity system. I played an incredibly bloodthirsty homicidal maniac with the Leaky Brainpan flaw (ie his concept of reality was markedly different from everyone else's). Ended with my character using a magical artifact to become undead, take control of a legion of other undead, and create the Bermuda Triangle.
3. Favorite Race: Kobolds
4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Broken Drum (It can't be beat!)
5. Favorite Class: Bard
6. Favorite Spell: Nahal's Reckless Dweomer
7. Favorite Source Book: Nuwisha (Old World of Darkness)
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: I was in a Dark Sun campaign where the party's actions directly contributed to the death of a God. Sure, we didn't kill it the old fashioned way, but I still like to think that it was worth some XP.
9. Highest level obtained: Maybe 15. I don't do many level-based games
10. Favorite Magic Item: Scroll of Genocide
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: I'm just going to do a list of my favorites from a Mage game I played in where all the PCs were high school students:

"We also need some holy water and a blessed cross, but I figure we could just rob a church." - My character gathering supplies for an exorcism

"I do not begrudge her victory. Grandmothers are formidable opponents, and she has proven to be a worthy foe."

"Sometimes your idiomatic requests are taken literally by someone who, at least on the surface, speaks the same language as you." (I told a fellow party member to go **** himself when he was under some sort of magical compulsion. Not pretty.)

"Okay, get the holy water. I'll go down to ACE Hardware and get a humidifier." - Another party member, preparing for another exorcism

"No matter how lonely you are, creepy stalker does not equal boyfriend."

"Breaking and entering is the most legal option in my arsenal right now."

"I could totally drive to school!"
"You just figured that out?"
"Yes! I'm one of the cool kids now!"
"Keep telling yourself that."

"That toilet was so scared it crapped all over the floor."

"What kind of grenade was it?"
"VX"
"...Oh."
"Yes. Congratulations, you just violated the Geneva Convention."

"I fight for just-...Okay, not justice, but something similar."

"They weren't dead last I checked."
"Last I checked, you didn't check."
"Not relevant."

12. Weirdest Combat Encounter: Hunter one-shot. I'm playing a grizzled homeless man who happens to be an Avenger. One of the other Hunters buys me a sandwich. Monster shows up.
Me: I attack it.
Storyteller: Do you have any weapons.
Me: I have...a sandwich?

This was after approximately 50 hours of real-life sleep deprivation (I was at a gaming event). Sandwiches ended up becoming a major recurring theme. The other PCs went out of their way to make sure I was fully stocked with hoagies, BLTs, and grilled cheese.

13. Weirdest Non-Combat Encounter: Different Mage game. Myself (an unaffiliated Mage) and the party's Euthanatos using Entropy magic to cheat at Go Fish.

Xyk
2009-07-30, 09:09 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Xyk Zyvander
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: My personal world that I made
3. Favorite Race: Halflings ftw.
4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Drunk Skunk
5. Favorite Class: Pprobably ranger
6. Favorite Spell: Sphere of Ultimate Destruction!
7. Favorite Source Book: Complete Scoundrel
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: probably that fat devil whose name I can't remember
9. Highest level obtained: 20, but that was a level 20 campaign
10. Favorite Magic Item: The Rod of Wonder
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "We can take 'em, I mean, Hydras are like CR 5 right?"
12. Weirdest Encounter: Just out of town, lions attacked and killed all of the horses. We had to go back into town and buy some new ones. Lions attacked the new ones.

Thurbane
2009-07-30, 09:10 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Gleep Wurp the Eyebiter
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Greyhawk
3. Favorite Race: Dwarf
4. Favorite Tavern Name: Vulgar Unicorn
5. Favorite Class: Wizard
6. Favorite Spell: Prismatic Spray
7. Favorite Source Book: PHB II
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Pit Fiend
9. Highest level obtained: 14 (?)
10. Favorite Magic Item: Rod of Lordly Might
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: (playing a deposed Prince) "My Name is Prince. And I am funky."
12. Weirdest Encounter: caveman Dwarves

zarakstan
2009-07-30, 09:10 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Cyzodo is up there!
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms
3. Favorite Race:Drow (Does Mind Flayer count?)
4. Favorite Tavern Name: the "You should probably stay at this tavern because you're all looking a little low on hit points" I know pretty epic :smalltongue:
6. Favorite Spell: Summon Nature's Ally I (very long story involving dropping porpoises onto a pixie pretending to be a balor . . .
7. Favorite Source Book:Player's Handbook
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Ancient+ Black Dragon
9. Highest level obtained: 1-18
10. Favorite Magic Item: Deck of Many Things no contest
The last to I don't really have an answer for :smallconfused:
12. Weirdest Encounter:

theMycon
2009-07-30, 11:21 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Sven T. Uncommon
2. Favorite Campaign of Birth: Cesarian?
3. Favorite Race: Human, no-one reacts if they have a personality.
4. Favorite Tavern Name: N/A
5. Favorite Class: Bard, or possibly beguiler
6. Favorite Spell: Glibness
7. Favorite Source Book: PHB
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Highest CR, was some Vampiric Minotaur Sorceror thing (CR20 against about 8 level 8's. One of us survived, a wizard who downed him with his last magic missile.). Most dangerous... a straight wizard; downed largely by having an anti-magic field cast on me, and a jump & grapple each in the mid-60's.
9. Highest level obtained: 15
10. Favorite Magic Item: Deck of Many Things.
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "It doesn't matter if I can't command them to march into the lava. I can summon them five feet over it, and they can't fly." (on using SNA3 as a method of transportation for the whole party.)
12. Weirdest Encounter: A barbarian, trying to find a book in a library, with mundane weaponry, uncanny dodge, & blind-fight, against some incorporeal undead who needed something like a 18+ to make the touch attack. It took six rounds for me to notice I was being attacked ("Roll an intelligence check" "Uh... 4." "You instinctively weave and bob without the slightest idea why. Then you go back to staring at book titles you can't read. It does not occur to you that you won't find the book this way.")
After I finally realized something was clawing at me, I proceeded to light the bookshelf on fire, pick it up, and chase the ghost(?) around with it until he succumbed to 1d6 fire damage/round. Unfortunately, I'd also burned down half the library.

AslanCross
2009-07-30, 11:47 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Flamberge-Two
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Eberron
3. Favorite Race: Human
4. Favorite Tavern Name: Glitterdust
5. Favorite Class: Warblade
6. Favorite Spell: Fireball
7. Favorite Source Book: Tome of Battle: Book of Nine Swords
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Acererak Simulacrum, CR 22
10. Favorite Magic Item: Heward's Handy Haversack
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "Sir, it is a miniature heathen!"-- Artemis "Thunderpaws" Lykaios (from my current RHOD run)
12. Weirdest Encounter: This isn't one that I've played myself, but it's one I ran in RHOD:

This was in the ruined city of Rhest in part 2. I made the torturer a beguiler instead of a bard. He cast Greater Invisibility on himself, Confusion on the dwarf crusader (who was currently under the effect of a Fly potion) and Glitterdust on the shifter warblade (See "Thunderpaws" above). The encounter ended up becoming a bizarre shell game where the PCs were attacking blindly trying to hurt the invisible caster, while the shifter was wandering around blindly swinging her sword as if she was striking a pinata, and the dwarf was rolling around in the air babbling.

TheArchmage
2009-07-31, 01:50 AM
1. Favorite PC Name: Nybar Vetsens.
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Homebrew.
3. Favorite Race: Human, Hellbred, Warforged.
4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Gryphon's Eyeball.
5. Favorite Class: Factotum, Paladin, Warblade.
6. Favorite Spell: Fireball. It might not be the "best", but it's so iconic.
7. Favorite Source Book: But I have so many! Top 5 then. Iron Heroes, Dragonmech, ToB, Complete Adventurer, Fiendish Codex 2.
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Ashardalon. Yes, Ashardalon.
10. Favorite Magic Item: Belt of Battle!
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "He can't miss, he's the main character!"
12. Weirdest Encounter: Definitely the triceratopses from my sig. We had to fight the "Oracle of Dreams" to get some information. She didn't want to be woken up, so she summoned a huge herd of flying, wisdom-draining Celestial triceratopses to fight us while casting Mirror Image on herself. It made for a long, annoying, and very very amusing fight.

Tempest Fennac
2009-07-31, 02:13 AM
1. Favorite PC Name: Dax Wildfang (NG LA 0 Gnoll Shapeshifter Druid).
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: I don't really have one.
3. Favorite Race: Vulpines ( http://forum.mydndgame.com/index.php/topic,136.0.html ), or Lupins if I have to use a published race.
4. Favorite Tavern Name: Dancing Fox (used in The Town freeform universe on this site).
5. Favorite Class: Cleric (I like healing).
6. Favorite Spell: Mass Heal.
7. Favorite Source Book: Tome of Battle.
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Ogre Mage.
9. Highest level obtained: 6.
10. Favorite Magic Item: Healing Belt (it's brilliant for solo campaigns).
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "You mean you're not upset about me desecrating your tomb?" (From Dax after freeing a sentinet skeleton who had been imprisoned in a heavy stone coffin when he was animated about 300 years before the game took place).
12. Weirdest Encounter: a Cleric using an illusion to appear as a Tarrasque as an April Fools joke.

WeeFreeMen
2009-07-31, 02:14 AM
1. Favorite PC Name: Rokkr Ironheart (Warblade / Justicator)
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Steampunk / Ebberon
3. Favorite Race: Human / Aasimar / Tiefling / Dwarf
4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Rusty Wench (Pirate Campaign lol.)
5. Favorite Class: Scout (Just so fun to RP, and so useful)
6. Favorite Spell: Prestidigitation
7. Favorite Source Book: Tome of Battle / Complete Champion
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: DM made Titian (Mimic of SoC)
9. Highest level obtained: 24
10. Favorite Magic Item: Quick-Silver Boots / Mage-bane Arrows
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "Me: I Throw the wall of Holy Water at the Vampire" DM: "..I hate you..."
12. Weirdest Encounter: Lv 20 Dire Rabbit...Think..Monty Python.. lol

Doc Roc
2009-07-31, 02:25 AM
2. Favorite Campaign of Birth: A campaign we're affectionately calling Neverloft-- started in Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, and we're heading for Neverwinter.

There was a similar situation in my group, except that we had a planar overlay via a breach of ravenloft with neverwinter. To give you an idea of how bad things were, we started calling the place Mummysummer.

Walker in the Waste is not a well-written PrC.

Favorite PC name:Dr. Henri Goatinger (http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AYdLcxsM7Nx0ZGc2NzhibjNfMTVjNTlmNGdmbQ&hl=en)
Favorite Tavern Name : The Mincing Fishy.
Fave Campaign Setting :Planescape or Iron Kingdoms
Fave Book : Tome of Battle or Liber Mechanika
Fave Race : Bariaur
Fave Spell : Metafaculty
GM Quote : "Best Fuel-Air Bomb EVER."
Strongest Monster Defeated : AA's ECL 20 challenge for the test of might, in a no contest victory.

Blacky the Blackball
2009-07-31, 02:38 AM
1. Favorite PC Name: Filbert the Magnificent (he was a gnomish wizard who worshipped the god of storms and destruction. He never made even the slightest attempt to avoid friendly fire, not even on himself. He was known to cheerfully cast fireball against enemies who were in melee range...)

2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Gonna have to be a non-D&D one. I plump for the Call of Cthulhu setting. I love me some Lovecraft.

3. Favorite Race: Tough choice, since different races suit different character concepts. I'll go for "human" for flexibility.

4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Eye of the Beholder

5. Favorite Class: Someone who uses magic (regardless of setting).

6. Favorite Spell: Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion. There's nothing like finishing off a hard day's adventuring by relaxing in a leather armchair in front of the fire with brandy and cigars - even when you're out in the wilderness or a dungeon. Besides, as a DM, I once gave the party an artefact which was a sarcophagus imbued with a permanent Magnificent Mansion effect, and once-per-week Teleport and Plane Shift effects. It was basically a TARDIS, and the party's adventures in it became the focus of a very fun campaign.

7. Favorite Source Book: Wrath of the Immortals

8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Does Cthulhu count? We didn't kill him, of course, but we stopped him from being freed from R'lyeh which is a good enough defeat in my book...

9. Highest level obtained: I've DMed parties all the way from level 1 to level 36 and then into godhood. As a player, the highest I've been was 17th, with Meepo (yes, that Meepo - he joined the party as an NPC when we did the adventure, and then after my character died he got "promoted" to PC status and given a proper class).

10. Favorite Magic Item: The above mentioned TARDIS artefact.

11. Most Lovable DND Quote: I've been playing D&D for 30 years. There have been too many to count. So here's one that sticks in my mind from when I've been DMing: "And then the 100 Hare Krishnas leap out from behind the pyramid..." It made total sense in context, but had us all laughing at the absurdity of it.

12. Weirdest Encounter: Probably the Hare Krishna incident above. The Hare Krishnas were on the players' side, and were helping them stop Richard Branson from ushering in the reign of the Great Old Ones.

TheOOB
2009-07-31, 02:59 AM
1. Favorite PC Name: Tharlious Galanodel
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Greyhawk
3. Favorite Race: Grey Elf/Eladrin
4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Buxom Lass
6. Favorite Spell: Major Image
7. Favorite Source Book: Player's Handbook 2(3.5 or 4e)
8. Strongest monster ever defeated:
9. Highest level obtained: From level 1, level 16
10. Favorite Magic Item: Very Old White Dragon
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: Either a)If at first you don't succeed, set it on fire or b)No is just a yes before charm person is cast(not as bad as it sounds)
12. Weirdest Encounter: A ninja and a psion, while we where in a boat in the treetops, half the battle was spent in mid fall, and the other half was spent burning down the forest to find the ninja.

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 03:13 AM
1. Favorite PC Name: Fordham Havehershift.
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Eberron
3. Favorite Race: Dorfs
4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Troll's Knob.
5. Favorite Class: Factotum
6. Favorite Spell: Spike Stones
7. Favorite Source Book: Spell Compendium
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: An annis hag I think.
9. Highest level obtained: 5th
10. Favorite Magic Item: The Blood Stick of Pelor, "Rob, that's just a club" "I DISBELIEVE YOUR DISBELIEF" *several dice later* *cue evil laughter*
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "I DISBELIEVE YOUR DISBELIEF!"
12. Weirdest Encounter: "Ashe'ey sent you to kill me, didn't he?"
"Who's Ashe'ey? That angsty vampire who tried to rape us, the mummy who was just looking for his stolen head, or the hag who we walked in on having unnatural relations with a giant snake monster who attacked us upon our knocking on the front door?"
"...That story is just too ridiculous, go away and tell them to send some proper adventurers this time."

arguskos
2009-07-31, 03:19 AM
1. Favorite PC Name: Hextoler Alier Abakaar
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: My own, but going by created settings, I love the Forgotten Realms (3.5 version, not 4.0)
3. Favorite Race: Dvati, hands down.
4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Drunken Minotaur
5. Favorite Class: Wizard. Also possibly Archivist and/or Mystic Theurge. I like bookish types.
6. Favorite Spell: Heh, all of them! :smallbiggrin:
7. Favorite Source Book: Dragon Compendium
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Does eradicating every last living soul on an entire world count (including every other player, and all the gods)?
9. Highest level obtained: 24
10. Favorite Magic Item: Deck of Many Things, or the Machine of Lum the Mad, it's too hard to pick just one.
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "Greataxe goes where?" (Spoken by a lady of the night the barbarian just picked up)
12. Weirdest Encounter: Um... well, there've been many over the years. I think the time we encountered a monster that fused party members into it but didn't actually assimilate their minds was probably the strangest.

mostlyharmful
2009-07-31, 03:23 AM
1. Favorite PC Name: Torvin Bubblesworth the 3rd
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Faerun
3. Favorite Race: Gnoooooooooooomeeeeeee!!!!!!!
4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Philosopher and Phaffernoose
5. Favorite Class: Druid, feel the wrath of my hippy power.
6. Favorite Spell: Prestidigitation or Silent Image. Either one is hilarious
7. Favorite Source Book: 1984
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Wizard Liche level 24, took about two years in planning and campaigning
9. Highest level obtained: 40+ and divine ranks. silly silly campaign
10. Favorite Magic Item: intelligent rod of wonder.
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: 'You take the 50 on the right, you take the 50 on the left, I'll handle the tea.'
12. Weirdest Encounter: The timelooped finale to six seperate campaigns taking place in the same tavern on the same day with nobody in the party that was there each time and everyone trying to maintain the time/space continum. With clowns.

mikej
2009-07-31, 03:56 AM
1. Favorite PC Name: Yata
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Ebberon
3. Favorite Race: Elf ( Gray Elf & Drow )
4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Out & Inn
5. Favorite Class: Druid
6. Favorite Spell: Cometfall
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Great Wyrm Red Dragon & Tarrasque
9. Highest level obtained: 20th
10. Favorite Magic Item: I like practical gear. I love my basic Bracers of Armor X & Cloak of Resistance X
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: *taunting a recuring bad guy named Melzar* "hey Menthal" or " hey Mentos"
12. Weirdest Encounter: fairly standard encounters.

Harperfan7
2009-07-31, 10:44 PM
1. Favorite PC Name: Vincent Casimar
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms
3. Favorite Race: Elf (specifically Avariels)
4. Favorite Tavern Name: Cheep & Watarii Wines ~/~ That Damn Tavern ~/~ The Adjective Noun (can't decide)
5. Favorite Class: Scout
6. Favorite Spell: Prismatic Arrows (Homebrew, like flaming arrows except prismatic)
7. Favorite Source Book: ...Powers of Faerun? I like to read it.
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Technically a (CR20+?) shadow dragon, but that was a one shot adventure
9. Highest level obtained: 13th
10. Favorite Magic Item: Enchanted Glassteel fullplate (+4 nimbleness and heavy fortification) or Phoenix feather cloak (of perfect flying)
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: Little introduction first: A magic talking portal door after being asked what pernicious means (it was created by a guy named Nymonor the Pernicious) - ..."You know I'm a door, right?"
12. Weirdest Encounter: A sperm whale druid wildshaped into a squirrel using speak with animals to talk to the party's wizards' familiar, who then relayed what he was saying to the wizard with its telepathic bond. That, or a chest full of crawling claws.

ondonaflash
2009-08-01, 12:09 AM
1. Favorite PC Name: Jim Darkmagic
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Homebrew
3. Favorite Race: Tiefling
4. Favorite Tavern Name: the Cheeky Begger
5. Favorite Class: Rogue
6. Favorite Spell: Darkness?
7. Favorite Source Book: BoVD
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Babazu
9. Highest level obtained: 7 (I have had a very hard time finding a stable group)
10. Favorite Magic Item: Bag of Delightful Things (Homebrewed, it would just do weird and ineffective things)
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "That's it! I'm going to rape this thing!" "Okay, role a grapple check to pin..."
12. Weirdest Encounter: Goblins, got the jump on the party, had the wooden sword of goblin rulership, then their King, a demigod, came to take it back.

Jergmo
2009-08-01, 01:09 AM
1. Favorite PC Name: Amer Gustavo
2. Favorite Campaign Setting: My homebrewed setting.
3. Favorite Race: If non-PC races count, it may be between Beholder, Illithid, and Tsochar. Otherwise, Kobold.
4. Favorite Tavern Name: N/A
5. Favorite Class: Either Sorcerer or Rogue.
6. Favorite Spell: Unsure.
7. Favorite Source Book: Unsure.
8. Strongest monster ever defeated: It was either a Werewolf Lord or a high-ish level Vampire fighter.
9. Highest level obtained: Currently have a character that's about to turn level 12, but started at level 8.
10. Favorite Magic Item: Portable Hole.
11. Most Lovable DND Quote: Unsure.
12. Weirdest Encounter: My character was mauled by Dire Squirrels. :smallfrown:

Harperfan7
2009-08-01, 01:57 AM
12. Weirdest Encounter: My character was mauled by Dire Squirrels. :smallfrown:

Ah, man, they weren't the evil shadow squirrels with the soul stealing nuts were they? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, at least know I'm not joking)

mistformsquirrl
2009-08-01, 02:44 AM
1. Favorite PC Name: Yumii Northedge (Sometimes Yumii Agoshi; same character, name depends on location though.)

2. Favorite Campaign Setting: Don't really have one - anything, done right, can be enormous fun.

3. Favorite Race: Catfolk of any type; be they anime-style catpeople with just ears and a tail, or more feral catfolk like in Races of the Wild. (I like cats >.>)

4. Favorite Tavern Name: The Leaky Dinghy (It's from Dungeons and Dragons Online)

5. Favorite Class: Fighter; with the caveat that I play just about every type of melee imaginable, Fighter is just my default.

6. Favorite Spell: Rainbow Blast from the Spell Compendium. It just puts the most awesomely funny image in my head.

7. Favorite Source Book: Oof, that's a hard one... I'd probably go with Tome of Battle though; because I like the options presented in it. Expanded Psionics handbook is also good.

8. Strongest monster ever defeated: Hrmm... I don't actually recall; most of my biggest enemies have been enemy humanoids with class levels; and I don't really recall the details.

9. Highest level obtained: 17 on a half-celestial Fighter/Sorcerer/Spellsword in 3.0

10. Favorite Magic Item: I haven't ever gotten one; but I *really* want a Cloak of Displacement. Huzzah for miss chance!

11. Most Lovable DND Quote: "Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap!" Spouted by a troupe of goblin mercenary/bards in one of my campaigns. They have made at least one appearance per-campaign ever since.

12. Weirdest Encounter: Hrmm... not able to think of anything truly weird at the moment honestly >.< but that's probably because the only DM who'd have done anything bizarre I've rather forgotten most of his campaigns