PDA

View Full Version : V's New Groove - speculation and possible spoilerage

wootage
2009-07-30, 10:45 PM
We've seen V have a realization (along with a lecture whilst being strangled) about power, and his/her actions immediately thereafter were very different - V chose to finesse the use of two arguably weak powers and darn near succeeded in dealing a major hit to a major bad guy.

So this thread is dedicated to speculation about what ol' Fireball V can do with his/her powers via the use of finesse instead of force. I have no DnD rulebooks so I can't kick off with much, but it would seem Charm + Enlarge are one option that could greatly change a situation in short order.

Anyone else care to speculate? Spoiler if you apply your speculation to the storyline please.

Silakka
2009-07-31, 09:22 AM
I'd imagine him showing more restraint about blasting his targets, and like you stated, perhaps prefer more strategic options. He's an Evoker though so no swarming with summoning spells, but the buffs and debuffs might see some more spotlight. Somehow I don't see V dominating/charming other creatures that much, even though he's done so before.

Before, we saw V altering the outcome of numerous battles by just stepping in and blasting around. I'd think the new humble V will be more at the back, no longer thinking his power will solve everything. I can even imagine him being a little hesitant with his spells after all he did.

Optimystik
2009-07-31, 09:39 AM
He has a knack for transmutation, so all he really needs is Polymorph. I doubt Rich would let him get away with that though.

A shadow conjuration or two would be helpful in a pinch as well, and a deall more subtle than his usual MO.

Finwe
2009-07-31, 01:23 PM
Here I was thinking this thread would somehow be about V turning into a Llama.