PDA

View Full Version : SysAdmin Appreciation Day '09

Whoracle
2009-07-31, 12:38 AM
Well well well, it's that time of the year again.

Time to stop for a second and thank those that keep your systems up and running, so that you can browse the intarwebz and do some work if it's unavoidable.

What d'you do for your SysAdmin?

I presented myself with some really great coffee and a nice meaty breakfast :smallbiggrin:

For those not in the know: SysAdmin Appreciation Day (http://www.sysadminday.com/)

And a big shoutout to the admins of GiantITP.com! Without you, we'd be a lot more bored.

Kallisti
2009-07-31, 12:40 AM
We love you, SysAdmins!:smallbiggrin::smallwink:

KuReshtin
2009-07-31, 01:41 AM
Oh, crap!
I'd planned on bringing in cake for the sysadmins here at work for SAAD.
It totally slipped my mind.

Thanks for reminding me, though, Whoracle. I can now adjust and rectify the slip of my mind.

And yes, a big thanks to the GitP SysAdmins!

Ripped Shirt Kirk
2009-07-31, 07:22 AM
I can now adjust and rectify the slip of my mind.

Wow, that sounds painful.

Thes Hunter
2009-07-31, 10:03 AM
I appreciate Rawhide and all the other people who administer the servers that are GitP.

Erloas
2009-07-31, 10:18 AM
But what if the System Admin where I work is an idiot and takes forever to get stuff done and its usually faster and easier to work around him then try to work with him?

Delwugor
2009-07-31, 11:37 AM
But what if the System Admin where I work is an idiot and takes forever to get stuff done and its usually faster and easier to work around him then try to work with him?

That's why I try to work around the sysadmin group I have to deal with.
Really the sysadmins are not too bad, half even know what they are doing, but the manager of them is horrible. That is what happens in corporate IT though. :smallfrown:

Thanks though to the sysadmins here - I'm new so don't know who they are specifically. I have a friend that does it for another gaming forum and have an idea of how difficult and frustrating it can be.

Mauve Shirt
2009-07-31, 11:39 AM
I appreciate the sysadmins! Thank you!

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 11:41 AM
What is the favored form of sacrifice to appease the SysAdmins anyway?

Delwugor
2009-07-31, 11:47 AM
What is the favored form of sacrifice to appease the SysAdmins anyway?

Mine is undocumented change control approvals. I think they eat them for lunch.

Headless_Ninja
2009-07-31, 11:47 AM
Thank you!

SMEE
2009-07-31, 11:59 AM
Hooray for us, SysAdmins! :smallbiggrin:

I want to give my special congratulations for those who, unlike me, have to administrate servers with very heavy traffic!

Congratulations guys! Keep up the good work!

valadil
2009-07-31, 12:04 PM
I got myself a meatball sub for lunch. Nobody else sent this sysadmin appreciation, so I had to take care of myself. Meatballs rule!

Coidzor
2009-07-31, 12:12 PM
Meatballs do, indeed, rule.
I wonder what would be good minced up with the meat in said balls...

Hmm, so would meatball subs be an appropriate sacrifice or does it have to be a human/virgin sacrifice to appease our SysAdmins?

Or is it more of a First Fruits/Wine or Libations sort of thing?

If so, what sort of libations should I pour and how many should I be pouring them out to?

valadil
2009-07-31, 12:39 PM
Hmm, so would meatball subs be an appropriate sacrifice or does it have to be a human/virgin sacrifice to appease our SysAdmins?

A meatball sub will make any sysadmin happy, but if all our users gave us meaball subs we'd drown in chunky marinara. Your best bet is beer, as that has a longer shelf life than your average meatball.

SMEE
2009-07-31, 12:55 PM
Hey now!

I don't like beer. It tastes funny and make me drunk too fast. Bad things happen when I'm drunk. :smallannoyed:

And I don't like meatballs subs as well. Give me BMT double stacked with ham double stacked with ham double stacked with BMT with double extra bacon any day over stupid meatball sub. :smalltongue:

Sacrifices... hmm... Sacrifice a box of 5 1/2 floppy discs for us!

Delwugor
2009-07-31, 01:29 PM
Your best bet is beer, as that has a longer shelf life than your average meatball.

This (http://www.legendslimited.com/) then is for you sir, or I could give you this (http://www.schneider-weisse.de/index.php?lang=en&tpl=brauerei.spezialitaeten.aventinus) if you prefer.