2009-07-31, 11:09 AM
Polling the community on this one:

As a reminder, the Preface Authors are:

Dungeon Crawlin' Fools: :belkar:
On the Origin of PCs: :redcloak:
No Cure for the Paladin Blues: :vaarsuvius:
Start of Darkness: :miko:
War and XPs: :elan:

So, the simple question is, who do you think is going to be the author of the Preface of Book 4?

Jackson
2009-07-31, 11:10 AM
Roy. He was a spectator for most of it, just like us.

Zanaril
2009-07-31, 11:11 AM
Author preface? :smallconfused: *doesn't have any of the printed books*

Ancalagon
2009-07-31, 11:14 AM
Author preface? :smallconfused: *doesn't have any of the printed books*

You should try to change that. ;)
The books so far had a preface by the author (Rich) but also one by one of the characters (from the point of view of that character). You can probably imagine what someone like Miko had to say about a book as Start of Darkness - and someone who keeps reading the preface even when she tells only vile and bad stuff follows and you should put the book down *right now*...

Some preface by Xykon would be awesome!

ref
2009-07-31, 11:29 AM
I'm with Jackson.

Totally Guy
2009-07-31, 11:38 AM
I'm with Jackson.

Yep, it's got to be Roy. He was denied most of the action.

armourer eric
2009-07-31, 11:38 AM
I'd like to see Hinjo

hamishspence
2009-07-31, 11:47 AM
So far, the trend has been for prequels to have NPC prefaces, and main strip, PCs (only 2 prequels and 3 main strip books though, so we can't be certain.)

If a Scribble or Sapphire Guard or Linear Guild prequel comes out- we might see prefaces with, say, Shojo, Nale, or some other major NPC.

Kish
2009-07-31, 12:22 PM
So far, the trend has been for prequels to have NPC prefaces, and main strip, PCs (only 2 prequels and 3 main strip books though, so we can't be certain.)
Interesting observation. So if the pattern holds, Roy, Durkon, or Haley.

No real way to guess more specifically than that, there was no particular reason for Belkar, Vaarsuvius, or Elan to be chosen to do the prologues they did.

DBear
2009-07-31, 12:28 PM

I think you just won the thread

David Argall
2009-07-31, 12:56 PM
Durkon would be a better candidate, but while his speech pattern is great in small doses, I'd think that a full page of it would be overload.

If Roy is to ever do a page, this would seem to be the time, but these are joke pages, and Roy may be a tad too serious to be a candidate.

Haley certainly will be too involved in the next book to be a candidate then. So if she is to do one, this is a prime time.

However, I will bet on Nale or Xykon.

Hawkeye
2009-07-31, 01:04 PM

Probably true, as he saw both sides when the stick was split and was aware of most of the main plot points (although he missed a crucial one, and most likely it'll come round and bite him on his ass).

Ancalagon
2009-07-31, 01:45 PM
Durkon would be a better candidate, but while his speech pattern is great in small doses, I'd think that a full page of it would be overload.

I think that's only a reason for Rich FOR doing it as a big joke.

Jackson
2009-07-31, 01:48 PM
The major reason I'd think Roy wouldn't do it is that he's the main character and would therefore be held off for the final book.

And also because, as noted, there's not a particular logic to this. At least, as far as I can see.

dps
2009-07-31, 06:17 PM
I'd guess either Nale or the Oracle.

Thanatosia
2009-07-31, 06:40 PM
I'm gonna put my money on Director Lee (or the IFCC working collaberatively).

Roy would be a great canidate, but I think he's gonna be saved for the last book (tho Xykon or the Oracle could also be great canidates for that job).

Andore Mordre
2009-07-31, 07:50 PM
Probably Roy, for reasons listed above. Can't wait to see the bonus material and vague spoilers in the new book.

Istari
2009-07-31, 07:55 PM
Who do you think will do the recap?

ericgrau
2009-07-31, 08:12 PM
Just speculation.

Durkon, because he's utterly clueless about 75% of the events and would be even harder to understand b/c of the accent. It'd be filled with mistaken assumptions that are painful to read in more ways than one.

Jagos
2009-07-31, 09:23 PM
Just speculation.

Durkon, because he's utterly clueless about 75% of the events and would be even harder to understand b/c of the accent. It'd be filled with mistaken assumptions that are painful to read in more ways than one.

We can't do Durkon. He'd go on and on about trees and how epileptic they are... Matter of fact...

I think I might be convinced to say Durkon just because it'd be hilarious.

littlequietguy
2009-07-31, 09:55 PM
Durkon.

Roy will be in the last book.

Berserk Monk
2009-07-31, 10:08 PM
I say O-Chul, he's been through hell. He's also awesome, though it would be nice to get the MitD to do a preface.

Itamarcu
2009-08-01, 12:53 AM
well, it was until now this order: OotS character (Belkar), main NPC (RC), OotS character (V), main NPC (Miko), OotS character (Elan).

So I guess this time it's an NPC, maybe Hinjo, O-Chul, Xykon or even MitD.

I hope O-Chul/MitD.