PDA

View Full Version : MnM Build Help: The sand Swordsman

Demons_eye
2009-07-31, 11:38 AM
Here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=143457) is what I have so far. The Idea is a sword from the desert changes a guy into a Legendary Swordsman. Anyone got comments on this?

Tengu_temp
2009-07-31, 12:21 PM
Dodge Focus gives you +1 dodge bonus defense to defense per rank, not +2.
Instead of buying Attack Specialization Swords 5 and Unarmed 5, you could buy Attack Focus (Melee) 10. Costs the same, gives you the same benefit, but lets you attack with other weapons too.
You don't need Mighty Strike 10 - the damage bonus is capped at power level, and you are PL 10 and don't have any tradeoffs. Make it either Strike 10 or Mighty Strike 3 (you have 25 strength total, which grants +7 damage on itself, add 3 and you have +10).
Skills - at least stealth for hide in plain sight, acrobatics for various stunts, survival because it fits the desert theme. Others depend on your character concept.
Feats - you could use all-out attack and takedown attack, maybe takedown attack 2. Acrobatic bluff if you put a lot of ranks into acrobatics.

Demons_eye
2009-07-31, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the help I forgot Damage was capped to along with dodge only gives a +1. Moving Mighty Strike to 3 instead of 10 gives me 7 more points to put in to things what do you think I should put them in?

Edit Should I Trade off some Defense for some attack?

Haven
2009-07-31, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the help I forgot Damage was capped to along with dodge only gives a +1. Moving Mighty Strike to 3 instead of 10 gives me 7 more points to put in to things what do you think I should put them in?

You can't directly trade off defense for attack--you can trade defense for toughness, or attack for damage. But if you're thinking along those lines, you could pick up the All Out Attack feat, which lets you be more accurate at the cost of being easier to hit.

Arakune
2009-07-31, 03:56 PM

Just don't have 8- on toughness. The base DC 15 will bite you later (it is bitting me).

Demons_eye
2009-07-31, 05:27 PM
You can't directly trade off defense for attack--you can trade defense for toughness, or attack for damage. But if you're thinking along those lines, you could pick up the All Out Attack feat, which lets you be more accurate at the cost of being easier to hit.

This is what I get for making a build when I haven't played the game in a year. Thanks for the reminder.:smallredface: