PDA

View Full Version : Playground Buddies!

Kaelaroth
2009-07-31, 05:27 PM
Playground Buddies!
Now with inane title!

So, mateys, who're your best buddies in the playground? Which playgrounder(s) do you consider to be your friend(s), and why? Do you not think playgrounders should be friends with eachother? Do you think friendship is a childish, human concept, that must be eradicated?
Speak, let us know - who're your best mates?

Rules/Guidlines, please read:
1. This is not an excuse for you to say who you don't like. Don't even say "Well, I did like this person, but they got fat". It's OK to say "I was friends with this person, till they stopped frequenting the playground", because that's in no way insulting, but no further than that, please (i.e. no illustrating why someone who still posts here regularly isn't your friend).
2. Please don't post reams and reams and reams of names. Sure, you're sociable, we get it, but don't go overboard. This is for your best playground mates (so, for most people, we're talking 1-3 "besties"?)
3. Please, don't talk about crushes/nemeses. Not the right thread.
4. Please, don't talk about popularity. Not the right thread.
5. Please don't wail that you thought someone was your friend, but they didn't mention you - and, on a further note, a reminder: Just because someone doesn't mention you as a best buddy doesn't mean they dislike you. 'kay?!
6. Be nice, and hopefully use'n'enjoy this thread.
7. This thread is totally willing to be removed if abused!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-07-31, 05:30 PM
Ummm.....Top best three?
Probably Banjo, Twooby and (Insert most people ITP here)

Yeah, probably those two. If I were to list all my friends ITP, then I might just as well list eerybody I know here minus some people.

And in the top 5 somewhere are Rabbit and Em.

Exeson
2009-07-31, 05:56 PM
Well, atm only Kael.

I was good friends with Rogue and CSK before they disappeared and I was (I like to think) very very good friends with XNadia, again before she disappeared, I miss her. :smallfrown:

See, this is what happens when you disappear from the playground and return after a fairly long time. Solution: Never leave the playground. :smallsmile:

:smalltongue:

They won't let you! MUHAHAHAHA

Edit: Just out of nostalgia searching I found very little reference to XNadia and her profile seems to be gone. Interesting, I'm guessing there is a reason for that? Or is it one of those don't ask things?

Blue Ghost
2009-07-31, 05:57 PM
I just found out that Saint Nil was gone, and I'm on the verge of tears. He was the best friend and companion that one could hope for in the Playground. He gave me the support I needed to continue being LG itP, and his presence gave me hope that it would work out. I miss him so much. :smallfrown:
Right now, I don't have any really close friends in the Playground. I've worked somewhat well with Fredthefighter and Recaiden, both excellent people. And now that Horngeek has become an active LG itP, I'm expecting to cultivate a friendship with him. But he won't be able to replace Saint Nil.

Recaiden
2009-07-31, 06:02 PM
Hmm. Mee, Blue Ghost, FredTheFighter. Possibly The Rose Dragon and Dri. There were other people, but they no longer come to the playground often.

DraPrime
2009-07-31, 06:05 PM
I believe that Mr. Mud can be called my Playground-bro. Besides that, I get along well with Nameless, and I do love my son, FredTheFighter. Also there's some people that I haven't talked to in a while, such as Night Surgeon (also known as FF Fanboy), Happy Turtle, and Lex-Kat.

edit: Gah, I forgot Spiryt, who I share a linguistic bond with. Shame on me!

MethosH
2009-07-31, 06:23 PM
I'm not sure I can call any Playgrounder "friend" since none playgrounder knows much about me. But there is some I talk more often than others... Like Keris and Rowsen
Well.. Maybe Blue : ) But I haven't talk to her in a while now.

Not that I don't want to have friends itp, is just that the opportunity never came up :smalltongue:

But I like all of you :smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2009-07-31, 06:32 PM
Cristo and banjo. Sure, there are others, but the two are just... irreplaceable.

The Neoclassic
2009-07-31, 06:35 PM
There's a few folks I've talked with on rare occasion, but due to my on-again-off-again every couple of months, can't say I have any actual friendships here. Sadly. The only person I ever talked with persay was cog_n_taz, and he's been gone for well over a year now, I believe. :smallsigh:

SECOND EDIT: Oh, actually, one of the playgrounders here is my ex-bf's roommate in real life. So he and I talk on occasion (could sorta be considered friends), just not really on the playground. :smallbiggrin: Of course, I forgot his name here. Starts with an M. Started a thread about magic languages last week. Ugh, my terrible memory... :smallredface:

Icewalker
2009-07-31, 06:37 PM
I'd just like to toss out the overall idea to reinforce rule 5, namely, there's a lot of people in the playground. I know full well that it's easy to forget about someone you are very close to in such a mass. I know I have in real life, with my larger circle of friends.

Anyways, I'd say most notably SilentNight, and then my active pbp players. Also LordOfTheDucks, because while he isn't in my game, I ended up in two other games with him, and keep running into him in other ways.

Haruki-kun
2009-07-31, 06:39 PM
I do believe my bestest Playground friends would be.... Skippy, Maggy, Vespe, RHL, and Raiser. Grand total: 5.

About a year ago it would have been Almighty Salmon and I'm da Rogue! But then they both suddenly disappeared..... :smallfrown:

@V: Also been gone MIA for a while.

Boo
2009-07-31, 06:39 PM
Mmm, I don't very much know. Rachael (play on RHL) and Reinholdt would be as close as it gets to 'good' friends, though I haven't spoken to Reinholdt in a long while. Rein, why is that?

@^: Don't forget Paddington!

Recaiden
2009-07-31, 06:40 PM
cog_n_taz, and he's been gone for well over a year now, I believe. :smallsigh:

His profile says he still logs on or something, but yeah, no posts for over a year. :smallfrown:

wxdruid
2009-07-31, 07:13 PM
My best buddies and the people I usually talk to on IM or PM are: Lex-kat, Vael, Lykan, Hawkeye, Pwenet and Lord Iames Osari. Most of them are old Townies and others I've met various ways. Lex-kat at GenCon last year and Pwenet when he was having relationship woes. These are the people I talk to the most often.

A Rainy Knight
2009-07-31, 07:26 PM
I'd say that my bestest Playground buddies are probably Em Blackleaf, The Bushranger, and Fredthefighter. Em from random yet AWESOME conversations via PM, Bushranger from the earlier days of HALO, and Fred from the many great games of the SMBG.

Lord Magtok
2009-07-31, 07:30 PM
Vespe, Haruki, RHL, Happyturtle, Reinholdt, and pretty much any and everyone else who has ever posts posted in the Free Form Roleplaying subforum. You know, that one at the bottom of the front page that most everybody hasn't even heard of before.:smalltongue:

Raiser Blade
2009-07-31, 07:35 PM
I have to say my best bud in the whole forums is teh one and only

HARUKI-KUN

resident Angel and all around good guy!

Fostire
2009-07-31, 07:36 PM
Coplantor is my best friend in real life, does that count?

Edit: Just out of nostalgia searching I found very little reference to XNadia and her profile seems to be gone. Interesting, I'm guessing there is a reason for that? Or is it one of those don't ask things?
She changed her name to Nychta

Szilard
2009-07-31, 07:40 PM
People barely see me post anymore, but Shades of Gray still has an awesome image of us doing an awesome 15-year-old-five.:smalltongue:

Edit: Oh, and Mee was a "friend" too.

Mordokai
2009-07-31, 07:45 PM
My best buddies and the people I usually talk to on IM or PM are: Lex-kat, Vael, Lykan, Hawkeye, Pwenet and Lord Iames Osari. Most of them are old Townies and others I've met various ways. Lex-kat at GenCon last year and Pwenet when he was having relationship woes. These are the people I talk to the most often.

I was under the impression our love-hate relationship means something to you, but obviously, I was sorely mistaken :smallfrown: :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2009-07-31, 11:23 PM
Almost anyone from the AIM chat. Especially Nano and Lord Blace.

fetfet
2009-07-31, 11:26 PM
Gwyn chan'r Gwyll and I are friends.

SDF
2009-07-31, 11:27 PM
AIM Chat peeps.
Most notably; Amotis, Fuddle, Trog, AS, Ego, Fro, and Mauvy.
I'm leaving out a lot and a lot, though.

horngeek
2009-07-31, 11:27 PM
Yay! I'm Blue Ghost's friend!

arguskos
2009-07-31, 11:53 PM
Other than Bor, the Barbarian Monk, I can't name anyone. I don't talk to anyone from the playground outside of it, save for Bor really.

I do talk to loopy some though. He's pretty cool. Guess that makes 2?

FdL
2009-07-31, 11:59 PM
Mostly AIM based too. Scorpina, Rabbit, Trog, Amotis, Ego, B-Man, AngelSword, SDF, Fro, Zeratul, Mauves, Mighty, etc

Edit: Dish, I have to mention Dish because she's an awesome lady.

Recaiden
2009-08-01, 12:01 AM
I've wondered how AIM works about here.:smallconfused:

Haruki-kun
2009-08-01, 12:02 AM
I have to say my best bud in the whole forums is teh one and only

HARUKI-KUN

resident Angel and all around good guy!

Weeee! :smallsmile:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-08-01, 12:03 AM
Reinholdt, Blace, FdL, Ruru, Thanatos, Dirk, Boo.
Vael and I used to be really close, but we drifted :smallfrown:
I suppose the same could be said of Raist and I, as well.

Edit: HO**** ITS ALL MEN (except Vael)

Trog
2009-08-01, 12:12 AM
:smallbiggrin: AIM Chat Peeps: Amotis, Fuddle, AngelSword, Ego, FroJoe, B-Man, MalmagorAndrigal, MauveShirt, SDF, Sweet Like Lemons, Diz, Cobra, Smee, Blace, Scorpina

:smallsmile: Peeps Met in Real Life (*gasp* Real Life!): Alarra, Zeb, El J & Mrs. El J, Llama, Shadow, Hippie, Mountain Fairy, PhoeKun, SweetRein, RHL, ArchivesNinja, PxP, Midnight Son, Andre Fairchilde, Emerald Rose, SupaGoof, Raldor and lots of others I am surely forgetting.

Plus all you old skool Townies. You know who you are. :smallwink:

FdL
2009-08-01, 12:14 AM
Crap, this is hard...I keep wanting to edit people in >.<

Edit: I love you aaaaaall*!!!!

*except you and you and you.

Haruki-kun
2009-08-01, 12:16 AM

I KNEW IT! :smalleek:

Recaiden
2009-08-01, 12:18 AM

1. This is not an excuse for you to say who you don't like.

Can't we put aside our differences for just this one thread?

Em Blackleaf
2009-08-01, 12:36 AM
I'd say that my bestest Playground buddies are probably Em Blackleaf, The Bushranger, and Fredthefighter. Em from random yet AWESOME conversations via PM, Bushranger from the earlier days of HALO, and Fred from the many great games of the SMBG.
Very yes. A Rainy Knight is my playground buddy. :smallsmile:

I used to talk to Cmotdibbler, but he disappeared. :smallfrown:

You know what, it's hard not to list a million other people. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-01, 01:13 AM
And Em, can't forget Em!

Death, your friend the Reaper
2009-08-01, 01:14 AM
Sadly most of my friendships probably have all suffered from my erratic posting and declines and slumps:smalltongue:

However, I still enjoy posting after Darius for challenges in various sports. On the topic of sports Charity and AE would have to make it here, if just for the fact if I ever did meet them I'd have to buy them a pint and a ovsized cricket bat, (because English people can't hit:smallwink:)

In other buddies that aren't rivalries, I've always enjoyed talking to good ol' Dis and Serpie, probably for their mutual ability to wrestle crocs, produce knives of high quality and always on standby with a shrimp.:smallwink: (Pm conversations and in depth talks may have had something to do with it as well, but highly unlikely:smalltongue:)

I don't see much of phoenixineohp or good ol' Llama, but their conversations were of immense help back in the days, as well as my banter with Bor. Chris the Pontifex still ranks high on my friend list for making my avatar.

Amiria, one of my first good memories came form this friendly person taking me on as ferry-death :smalltongue:

Also all the old townies like Sneak, Libris (for putting up with Captain Jack Sparrow, and Trog (for his ginger beer in the tavern) etc and the mods that suffer my derailment without infractioning me that much.

Ms Elaneous and her missdemeanors of misschief are missed as well:smallsmile:

((apologies if that was a bit to long, and I'm sure I've forgotten someone vital:smalltongue:))

Reinholdt
2009-08-01, 11:50 AM
Mmm, I don't very much know. Rachael (play on RHL) and Reinholdt would be as close as it gets to 'good' friends, though I haven't spoken to Reinholdt in a long while. Rein, why is that?

@^: Don't forget Paddington!
I actually haven't spoken to a lot of people like I used to.
Plus you were gone from the playground, remember? :smalltongue:

oooohhh... there's so many. >.<

RabbitHoleLost of course.
I tried listing more, but each time I did, the list just expanded itself in an effort to not leave anyone out.

So I'm leaving it at RabbitHoleLost. Bestest buddy. :smallsmile:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-08-01, 12:00 PM
So I'm leaving it at RabbitHoleLost. Bestest buddy. :smallsmile:

FOEVAAAAAAA.
:smalltongue:

Also, I cannot believe I forgot Randman. He and I are tight. And stuff. I think.

SMEE
2009-08-01, 12:13 PM
Hm...

Let me see.

PhoeKun, definitely Phoe, my beloved little sister. Can't wait to give you another hug in person, sister. :smallsmile:

Saithis, another one that I consider my little sister. <3 you. :smallsmile:

Reina. Although we don't talk often, I consider her such a great friend. :smallsmile:

I guess those are my best friends here.

The Orange Zergling
2009-08-01, 12:55 PM
Winterwind for generally being an awesome person, exchanging untold hundreds of PMs and teaching me more about tactics and strategy than I ever could have learned by myself and Destro Yersul for generally being an awesome person and for being a frequent roleplaying companion back in the ye olde days of the Town.

There have probably been more in the past but off the top of my head those are the only two.

Destro_Yersul
2009-08-01, 01:02 PM
Aye, the zergling here is pretty awesome himself.

My best friend is Rabbit, and Twobit and I are also pretty close. I like you all, but those are the two that immediately spring to mind.

FdL
2009-08-01, 02:06 PM
Can't we put aside our differences for just this one thread?

No.

And I didn't say who I don't like, only that there's people I don't like.

Lupy
2009-08-01, 02:39 PM
Certainly my best friends here, or anywhere on the internet are Lerky, Doran, and Nevitan, even if the first two don't post here as often anymore.

All the guys (and Leigh) from Town back when the Archbishop was there 8 hours a day though, you're all my friends.

EDIT: I like Recaiden and Fred too, you're both awesome. Chas is a cool guy too, so's Bergett. There's other people I'm missing, you know who you're are though, don't think poorly of my fatigued memory.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-01, 02:41 PM
Am I that old that the ''archbishop'', let alone ''8 hours a day'' is after my time?:smallconfused:

Nameless
2009-08-01, 03:33 PM
I believe that Mr. Mud can be called my Playground-bro. Besides that, I get along well with Nameless,

Yay! Friends! :smallbiggrin:

and I do love my son, FredTheFighter.

Wait, WHAT?! :smalleek:

Recaiden
2009-08-01, 03:36 PM
Certainly my best friends here, or anywhere on the internet are Lerky, Doran, and Nevitan, even if the first two don't post here as often anymore.

All the guys (and Leigh) from Town back when the Archbishop was there 8 hours a day though, you're all my friends.

EDIT: I like Recaiden and Fred too, you're both awesome. Chas is a cool guy too, so's Bergett. There's other people I'm missing, you know who you're are though, don't think poorly of my fatigued memory.

Come back to Town sometimes.

@Nameless: It's a figurative son, I think.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-08-01, 11:15 PM
and I do love my son, FredTheFighter.

I always get confused by this, because apparantly I'm Fred's mom...but I thought Coplantor was his dad?
I don't knooooowww

blackfox
2009-08-01, 11:22 PM
AIMPeople: Lykan, B-Man, Nano, Cobra, Frojoe, Sneak, Ego.
D&DPeople: Frojoe, Erikkin, kuja.girl, Koji, everyone else who puts up with a slightly histrionic werecat.
GitPeople: El Jas*stab*pero, Amotis, Collin, Llama, Jibar.

Ashen Lilies
2009-08-01, 11:24 PM
Most of the Acronym crowd, but especially Reinholdt and Kaelaroth and Darkcomet and happyturtle and billtodamax.
I should really get into the IM crowd sometime.

randman22222
2009-08-01, 11:25 PM
I always get confused by this, because apparantly I'm Fred's mom...but I thought Coplantor was his dad?
I don't knooooowww

How you not know something like that is beyond me. If it were I, I'm fairly sure I'd remember. :smalltongue:

Oh, and am I the only one that finds it somewhat hard to be close to anyone on the internet? I only has a vewy small handful of fwends...

Neko Toast
2009-08-01, 11:28 PM
Hm, tough call. I guess I have two: Player_Zero and Kara Kuro.

Nevitan
2009-08-01, 11:34 PM

Lupy! That's who it was! I knew it started with an L.
Yeah, Lupy, Doran and Lerky are my playground besties. Even if Lerky hogs the swing and Doran never shares his fruit roll up with me. :smalltongue:

ghost_warlock
2009-08-01, 11:37 PM
Hm. I guess I don't really have any close friends from the Playground. RHL and TwoBit are probably the closest I've come, but I think I've been too distant for the last few several months.

I guess what it comes down to is that it's hard to love a fungus. :smalltongue:

Perenelle
2009-08-01, 11:43 PM
My best friends here would have to be Lerky and Lupy. :smallbiggrin:

RabbitHoleLost
2009-08-01, 11:44 PM
Hm. I guess I don't really have any close friends from the Playground. RHL and TwoBit are probably the closest I've come, but I think I've been too distant for the last few several months.

I guess what it comes down to is that it's hard to love a fungus. :smalltongue:

I still love you to pieces.
Forever and ever, and no matter what.

skywalker
2009-08-02, 01:57 AM
Bor, the Barbarian Monk

x1000

I was worried Bor wasn't going to make first page man! Good save!

I mean, I'm real life buddies with a couple people, but not really ITP...

The RW&A crowd, for sure. All the regulars.

Zeb and I seem to have similar posting times and tend to agree a lot.

I'd be much closer to more people if my girlfriend hadn't kept me from coming to the last Johnson City meetup, I feel...

Castaras
2009-08-02, 02:21 AM
I don't have best friends. You're all equally friends to me, and I'd be unable to choose between you all.

... excepting perhaps Exachix, but that's kinda given, methinks. :smalltongue:

FdL
2009-08-02, 02:51 AM
I don't have best friends. You're all equally friends to me, and I'd be unable to choose between you all.

Nah, that's just an easy answer. For example, you're not my friend and you wouldn't choose me over someone else that you like and know better.

banjo1985
2009-08-02, 03:46 AM
It would be too easy for me to say Mrs B, so my top two would be Mordy and Cookieman, though I don't talk to either as much as I would like.

Cristo, Vampiric, Reinholdt and Fin would be there too I think.

Fredthefighter
2009-08-02, 03:59 AM
I don't knooooowww

Coplantor is my adopted father.

In the future, DD will become Dragonprime, have a son, and send him back in time. That's how it was explained to me anyway.

Friends:
ARK, Falgorn, Recaiden, Nameless, Dragonprime, Mr. Mud, Beans, TwoBit, Dirk Kris, DD, Em, Dragonrider, cycoris, Dogmantra, Coidzor, Blue Ghost, Horngeek, Lupy (I need to talk to you more, how've you been lately?), billtodamax, Sneak and Coplantor

Forgive me if I forgot anyone. It's 10am over here and I'm still tired.

Rowsen
2009-08-02, 04:16 AM
I'd say I'm friends with Skeppio and Methos. Skep i my brother and I chat to Methos on MSN every now and then. I get along with Crimmy too. I don't really post enough to make many friends.

Felixaar
2009-08-02, 05:39 AM
In a communal place like this it's fairly rare that I form a one on one friendship with someone rather than simply being friends in a group. It's one of the reasons I don't often chat with playgrounders outside the playground because I'm better at group conversation - the exceptions to the rule are mainly Anuan, Dragonrider and Cycoris, though there are oodles of people I enjoy talking to and could probably reach that - or nearly that - level of communication if I was able to spend a bit more time with them.

It's actually a real shame that work and independent life in general has been cutting back so much on time spent in the playground. I think I'll be trying to spend more time here from now on...

Oh, and since I have a fairly good memory and I gain/lose respect for people fairly easy, most people only have to make a witty remark or agree with me once or have done something cool, and I'll hold y'all dear f'ver.

Nameless
2009-08-02, 05:48 AM
I don't knooooowww

Maybe you broke up with DP after having Fred and the relationship was s bad, you took something to make you forget. Then later, you married Cop. :smalltongue:

Friends:
ARK, Falgorn, Recaiden, Nameless, Dragonprime, Mr. Mud, Beans, TwoBit, Dirk Kris, DD, Em, Dragonrider, cycoris, Dogmantra, Coidzor, Blue Ghost, Horngeek, Lupy (I need to talk to you more, how've you been lately?), billtodamax and Coplantor

Forgive me if I forgot anyone. It's 10am over here and I'm still tired.

Yay, more friends for Nameless! *hugs*

Fredthefighter
2009-08-02, 06:58 AM
Maybe you broke up with DP after having Fred and the relationship was s bad, you took something to make you forget. Then later, you married Cop. :smalltongue:

Yay, more friends for Nameless! *hugs*

I like my story better. :smalltongue:

*Hugs back*

:smallbiggrin:

DraPrime
2009-08-02, 11:55 AM
I like my story better. :smalltongue:

*Hugs back*

:smallbiggrin:

Wait, but where does RHL work into the story? I didn't know that she was your mom until she just mentioned it. I don't recall her being the woman that I met in the future. Or was she in disguise or something?

Kaelaroth
2009-08-02, 12:05 PM
Hm.
My playground buddies (top three, note) are... Exeson, Kid Kris, and Reinholdt.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-02, 12:19 PM
I vaguely recall a time where I was in disguise as Reinholdt...And umm...:smallredface: I remember meeting up with Rabbit and not really much after that...:smallredface::smallamused::smalltongue:

Archonic Energy
2009-08-02, 12:31 PM
On the topic of sports Charity and AE would have to make it here, if just for the fact if I ever did meet them I'd have to buy them a pint and a ovsized cricket bat, (because English people can't hit:smallwink:)

What's the score D... :smallamused:

i'd say Charity, Death & Llama...
and anyone who fequents the UKiTP meets... Petersbourgh next weekend

Fredthefighter
2009-08-02, 01:00 PM
Wait, but where does RHL work into the story? I didn't know that she was your mom until she just mentioned it. I don't recall her being the woman that I met in the future. Or was she in disguise or something?

It was in Coplantor's GtKaP... I think.

I don't pretend to know about all this wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.

Dogmantra
2009-08-02, 01:01 PM
Friends:
... Dogmantra

Huzzah!
I can come out of hiding for this thread, now that someone's mentioned me!

MethosH
2009-08-02, 03:11 PM
I'd say I'm friends with Skeppio and Methos. Skep i my brother and I chat to Methos on MSN every now and then. I get along with Crimmy too. I don't really post enough to make many friends.

Yey! I've got a buddie in the playground :smallbiggrin:

loopy
2009-08-02, 03:33 PM
Out of all the GitPites, I'm probably closest to Thanatos, MrENigma, and Levyathyn.

Honorable mention to HellfireLover, and arguskos. :smallsmile:

Thanatos 51-50
2009-08-02, 03:44 PM
Let's see:
Loopy and Rabbit are pretty tight. I have spent many an hour shooting the metaphorical breeze with them on MSN, and I feel pretty close to 'im.
Of course, I cannot forget thelovely Serpentine.
On my better days, I tend to think that Tempest Fennac and I are friends, but that could be Tempest's amiable nature decieving me (You dirty, low-down deciever of awesome).
Twobit is also really cool, we just don't talk much.

Unfortunatly, I'm da Rogue! and xNadia (Now known as Nychta) have gone playground-missing. I hope they're okay.

Mordokai
2009-08-02, 04:11 PM
Unfortunatly, I'm da Rogue! and xNadia (Now known as Nychta) have gone playground-missing. I hope they're okay.

Yeah, I miss them as well.

Honorable mention goes to Freshmeat as well, who is currently also Playground away. I do consider him one of my buddies, even if he is too sneaky for his own good sometimes :smallsmile:

Lupy
2009-08-02, 04:17 PM
Am I that old that the ''archbishop'', let alone ''8 hours a day'' is after my time?:smallconfused:

Well, you weren't on Town last summer and fall.

Yeah, Lupy, Doran and Lerky are my playground besties. Even if Lerky hogs the swing and Doran never shares his fruit roll up with me. :smalltongue:

You made me laugh out loud and get funny looks from people around me. :smallannoyed: ( :smalltongue: )

Nevitan
2009-08-02, 04:35 PM
You made me laugh out loud and get funny looks from people around me. :smallannoyed: ( :smalltongue: )

Mwahahaha! It's all going according to the plan :smallamused:

The Blackbird
2009-08-02, 04:37 PM
Playground buddies?

Ah for me that would be NamonakiRei, Silverraptor, SandyCaesar, and Dark Fiddler.

You guys rule.:smallsmile:(Not that you guys post on the Friendly Banter often)

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-02, 04:38 PM
Miss Rogue oh gods so so so so much. Gods, Eru Illuvatar and whatever, I pray, hope and thumb up that she is OK or better.

I still sometimes talk to Xnadia(Nychta) on msn, miss her sometimes itp, though.

Well, you weren't on Town last summer and fall.
After my tiiime. >.>

After my town/acro time, anyway.

Lerky
2009-08-02, 04:41 PM
We love you to Nevitan, and I told you I frekkin clicked your links

you need to go on Facebook more so we can talk, I need to go on giantitp more so we can rolepaly:smallsigh:

Dr. Bath
2009-08-02, 04:45 PM
This thread just reminds me how bad I am at talking to people/being friendly.

The answer is probably only CurlyKitGirl, but I haven't even spoken to her for quite a while (I'm a terrible friend, by the way)

The Dark Fiddler
2009-08-02, 04:57 PM
(Not that you guys post on the Friendly Banter often)

No, no I do not.

I'd have to go with the same, but replace myself with Blackbird here.

MethosH
2009-08-02, 06:05 PM
This thread just reminds me how bad I am at talking to people/being friendly.

The answer is probably only CurlyKitGirl, but I haven't even spoken to her for quite a while (I'm a terrible friend, by the way)

This thread made me realize that lots of us are quite bad at talking to people/being friendly. :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2009-08-02, 06:08 PM
On a forum, full of strangers, from across the sea and foreign lands?

Imagine that :smalltongue:

Doran_Liadon
2009-08-02, 06:40 PM
Well obviously Lerky, cuz i already knew him in real life. Then definitley Nevitan and Lupy, i contact them the most and talk alot to them. As well as Mee.

MethosH
2009-08-02, 08:43 PM
On a forum, full of strangers, from across the sea and foreign lands?

Imagine that :smalltongue:

I know! What are the chances? :smalltongue:

The Extinguisher
2009-08-02, 09:04 PM
I know Parvum IRL, and me and Fullbladder go WAAAAY back. And I talk to tgva over MSN, but it's mostly for Magic playing.

Other than that, I can't think of anyone.

Agamid
2009-08-02, 09:34 PM
well, she doesn't post here anymore, but my best friend (IRL) is Yiel - some of you may remember her, especially the topic that earned her the nickname "Sticky Date Lady" (as she make the best sticky date pudding i've ever tasted in the history of food).

ghost_warlock
2009-08-02, 09:43 PM
This thread made me realize that lots of us are quite bad at talking to people/being friendly. :smalltongue:

Well, being friendly is somewhat part of the rules here but talking to people may not be a significant motivator for people to come here. Making friends has never been a goal of mine, here; if I have done so it's strictly incidental. Instead, I think of the Playground as someplace to deposit my various brain droppings (have to put them somewhere) and be amused by those of others. For some of us, the Playground is for entertainment, not social networking.

Lupy
2009-08-02, 09:59 PM
Well obviously Lerky, cuz i already knew him in real life. Then definitley Nevitan and Lupy, i contact them the most and talk alot to them. As well as Mee.

Speaking of which, you and Lerky need to get back to your rightful timezone, this is confusing for me.

I wanted to add Beholder 1995, even though he's not here anymore.

Nevitan
2009-08-02, 10:03 PM
I wanted to add Beholder 1995, even though he's not here anymore.

I vote we go find him IRL and force him back into the forums.

Mr. Mud
2009-08-02, 10:05 PM
Toughie. My Myspace Playground top 4 would be something like

)1. DP
2.) Everyone
3.) Nobody left
4.) Nobody left.

:smalltongue:. But seriously, I love nameless just as much as the next guy, and DeeRee is awesome... Same with Twoobs and Cristo... Dallas Rocks. RHL is sweet. Fred, apparently my nephew, is quite fine as well. You're all incredible. Except for that Ronsian...

I believe that Mr. Mud can be called my Playground-bro.

*just got his crappy day made*

Zeb The Troll
2009-08-03, 04:36 AM
Hmmm, just 5 people? In no particular order1...

*Trog - We don't see as much of each other as I'd like, but I feel a strong kinship.
*Indurain - My best man! How could he not be on this list!
*smellie_hippie - Once a year is not enough, I think.
*Midnight Son - Hog Goblins!
*Ceika - Only an hour away, and as often as we get together, its still not often enough.

Unfortunately, many of them don't frequent the boards as much as they used to.

There are many, many awesome people here. These are just the first 5 I would invite to my tropical island paradise if I were Donald Trump.

1In all cases this includes the significant others that also have forum accounts. I know, this is probably stretching the 5 Person rule, but I can't imagine befriending any of them and not the SO's too.

FdL
2009-08-03, 11:07 PM
well, she doesn't post here anymore, but my best friend (IRL) is Yiel - some of you may remember her, especially the topic that earned her the nickname "Sticky Date Lady" (as she make the best sticky date pudding i've ever tasted in the history of food).

I totally remember Yiel, yeah.

Cyrano
2009-08-04, 12:00 AM
I tend to react to people I "like" by annoying, badgering, and subtly belittling them until they are no longer a threat.

So everyone I guess, but I think maybe you're missing the point.

Hell Puppi
2009-08-04, 12:17 AM
I tend to react to people I "like" by annoying, badgering, and subtly belittling them until they are no longer a threat.

So everyone I guess, but I think maybe you're missing the point.

Aww we love you too. :smallbiggrin: