PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Cerebremancer Redux (PEACH)

DragoonWraith
2009-07-31, 06:21 PM
This is my take on the Cerebremancer. The intent was to allow the would-be Cerebremancer to get started being a Cerebremancer a little earlier (as being Wizard 3 / Psion 3 is awful), and to allow him to continue to be a Cerebremancer even after finishing the class. Furthermore, I wanted to give him plenty of features for using both sides of cooperatively.
Cerebremancer

Hit Die: d4

Requirements
To qualify to become a cerebremancer, a character must fulfill one of the following four sets of criteria.

{table=head]Arcane Manifester|Divine Manifester|Psionic Arcanist|Psionic Divinist
Knowledge (Arcana) 4 ranks|Knowledge (Religion) 4 ranks|Knowledge (Arcana) 7 ranks|Knowledge (Religion) 7 ranks
Knowledge (Psionics) 7 ranks|Knowledge (Psionics) 7 ranks|Knowledge (Psionics) 4 ranks|Knowledge (Psionics) 4 ranks
Able to cast 1st level Arcane spells.|Able to cast 1st level Divine spells.|Able to cast 2nd level Arcane spells.|Able to cast 2nd level Divine spells.
Able to manifest 2nd level Psionic powers.|Able to manifest 2nd level Psionic powers.|Able to manifest 1st level Psionic powers.|Able to manifest 1st level Psionic powers.[/table]
Special: Any campaign in which this version of the Cerebremancer is available should not use the Psiomancer and Cerebremetamagic feats, as similar effects to these feats are used as class features for the Cerebremancer.

Class Skills

The cerebremancer's class skills (and the key ability modifier for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (Psionics) (Int), Profession (Wis), Psicraft (Int), and Spellcraft (Int).

If the cerebremancer is able to cast Arcane spells, Knowledge (Arcana) (Int) is also a class skill. If the cerebremancer is able to cast Divine spells, Knowledge (Religion) (Int) is also a class skill.

The cerebremancer may also choose one class skill from his spellcasting class and one class skill from his manifesting class, and add them to his class skills list.

Skill Points per Level
2 + Int modifier.

{table=head]_Level_|_BAB_|_Fort_|_Ref_|_Will_|_Special________ ______________|_Spellcasting / Manifesting________

1|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2 | Core Practice, Understanding Overlap | +1 level of existing spellcasting class+1 level of existing manifesting class

2|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3| Psiomancy or Spelled Manifesting,[br]Practiced Cerebremancer | +1 level of Core Practice class

3|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3 | Metamanipulation | +1 level of existing spellcasting class[br]+1 level of existing manifesting class

4|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4 | Spelled Manifesting or Psiomancy | +1 level of existing spellcasting class[br]+1 level of existing manifesting class

5|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4 | Cerebremetamagic or[br]Spelled Metapsionics | +1 level of Core Practice class

6|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5 | Metamanipulation | +1 level of existing spellcasting class[br]+1 level of existing manifesting class

7|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5 | Crystal Cantrips | +1 level of existing spellcasting class[br]+1 level of existing manifesting class

8|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+6 | Spelled Metapsionics or[br]Cerebremetamagic | +1 level of Core Practice class

9|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+6 | Metamanipulation | +1 level of existing spellcasting class[br]+1 level of existing manifesting class

10|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7 | Devoted Cerebremancy | +1 level of opposite practice class [/table]

[b]Class Features
All of the following are class features of the cerebremancer.

Armor and Weapon Proficiency
The cerebremancer gains no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Spells per Day/Powers Known
On all cerebremancer levels except 2nd, 5th, 8th, and 10th, the character gains new spells per day and new spells known, access to new spells, and improvement in caster level as if he had also attained a level in any one spellcasting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class. He gains additional power points per day, access to new powers, and improvement in manifester level as if he had also gained a level in any one manifesting class he belonged to previously. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of either class would have gained (bonus metamagic, metapsionic, or item creation feats, and so on).

If a character had more than one arcane spellcasting class or more than one manifesting class before he became a cerebremancer, he must decide to which class he adds each level of cerebremancer for purpose of determining spells per day, caster level, power points per day, powers known, and manifester level. However, the class that represents his Core Practice (see below) must be one of those chosen for improvement.

On the 2nd, 5th, and 8th levels, the cerebremancer gains new spells per day and spells known, access to new spells, and improvement to caster level, or new power points per day, access to new powers, and improvement to manifester level, as if having gained a level in the class that represents his Core Practice (see below). No other spellcasting or manifesting classes see improvement on 2nd, 5th, or 8th level.

On the 10th level, the cerebremancer gains new spells per day and spells known, access to new spells, and improvement to caster level, or new power points per day, access to new powers, and improvement to manifester level, as if having gained a level in any opposite practice class (see below). No other spellcasting or manifesting classes see improvement on 10th level.

Core Practice
Upon reaching the 1st level of cerebremancer, a character must recognize either his spellcasting or his manifesting as his Core Practice. His Core Practice is the class has the highest caster or manifester level. If more than one class shares the highest caster or manifester level, the character must choose one as his Core Practice, and this choice cannot be changed. If his highest caster or manifester level is due to Practiced Spellcaster or Practiced Manifester, the cerebremancer may, at his option, choose the class with the highest caster or manifester level without the bonus from those feats.

If his Core Practice is a spellcasting class, then any manifesting class in which he has levels may be referred to as an "opposite practice". If his Core Practice is a manifesting class, then any spellcasting class in which he has levels may be referred to as an "opposite practice".

Understanding Overlap (Ex)
A cerebremancer's unique blending of supernatural practices gives him special insights. A cerebremancer whose Core Practice is in a spellcasting class gains half his ranks in Spellcraft as an Insight bonus to Psicraft checks. A cerebremancer whose Core Practice is in a manifesting class gains half his ranks in Psicraft as an Insight bonus to Spellcraft checks.

Psiomancy (Ex)
On reaching 2nd level, a cerebremancer whose Core Practice is in a spellcasting class gains the ability to use his psionic powers to fuel his spells. A prepared spellcaster may prepare additional spells by expending a number of power points equal to (2 x spell level) + 1. A spontaneous spellcaster may cast additional spells by expending Psionic Focus and expending a number of power points equal to (2 x spell level) + 1. The number of additional spells prepared or cast may not exceed half the cerebremancer's class level, and no more than one of his highest spell level, two of his second highest spell level, three of his third highest spell level, so on and so forth, may be gained. The cerebremancer may, however, always gain as many of his lowest level slots as he wishes, up to the total limit of half his class level, even if its distance from the highest would not be enough to allow this.

A cerebremancer whose Core Practice is in a manifesting class gains Psiomancy upon reaching 4th level.

Spelled Manifesting (Ex)
On reaching 2nd level, a cerebremancer whose Core Practice is in a manifesting class gains the ability to use his magic spells to fuel his powers. At any point, a spell slot may be lost in order to gain a number of power points equal to (2 x spell level) + 1. The number of spells used in this way may not exceed half the cerebremancer's class level, and no more than one of his highest spell level, two of his second highest spell level, three of his third highest spell level, et cetera, may be used. The cerebremancer may, however, always use as many of his lowest level slots as he wishes, up to the total limit of half his class level, even if its distance from the highest would not be enough to allow this.

A cerebremancer whose Core Practice is in a spellcasting class gains Spelled Manifesting upon reaching 4th level.

Practiced Cerebremancer
Upon reaching 2nd level, a cerebremancer's caster level and manifester level each increase by +2. If the cerebremancer has more than one spellcasting class or more than one manifesting class, this bonus may be applied to any one of them, but the cerebremancer's Core Practice must receive the bonus. This cannot increase either caster level or manifester level above his HD, but even if the cerebremancer cannot apply the full benefit immediately, future levels without caster level or manifester level advancement may allow the cerebremancer to use the full bonus.

This class feature does stack with Practiced Manifester or Practiced Spellcaster.

Metamanipulation (Ex)
Upon reaching 3rd level, and again upon reaching 6th level and 9th level, a cerebremancer may gain any Metamagic feat whose Metapsionic counterpart he already has, or he may gain any Metapsionic feat whose Metamagic counterpart he already has. If he has neither Metamagic nor Metapsionic feats whose counterparts he does not already have, he may select any single Metamagic or Metapsionic feat as a bonus feat, instead.

This bonus may also apply to non-meta feats that improve casting or manifesting:
Spell Focus :: Discipline Specialization
Greater Spell Focus :: Greater Discipline Specialization
Must already have the appropriate regular Focus/Specialization.
Spell Penetration :: Power Penetration
Greater Spell Penetration :: Greater Power Penetration
Must already have the appropriate regular Penetration.These, however, may not be chosen without the counterpart, even if the cerebremancer lacks any counterparts to take. In that case, only a metamagic or metapsionic feat may be taken.

Cerebremetamagic (Ex)
Upon reaching 5th level, a cerebremancer whose Core Practice is in a spellcasting class gains the ability to power his metamagic feats with his psionic power. When preparing or casting a metamagic spell, he may expend a number of Power Points equal to three times the difference in spell level between the original and the Metamagic versions of the spell. Count any spell levels above the highest level the cerebremancer could normally cast as costing twice as much to remove. A spontaneous spellcaster also gains the ability to expend his Psionic Focus in order to avoid increasing the casting time of his spells when using metamagic; he may do so regardless of whether he decides to pay for the metamagic with his power points or not.

A cerebremancer whose Core Practice is in a manifesting class gains Cerebremetamagic upon reaching 8th level.

Spelled Metapsionics (Ex)
Upon reaching 5th level, a cerebremancer whose Core Practice is in a manifesting class gains the ability to power his metapsionic feats with his spellcasting. When manifesting a power with metapsionics, he may eliminate the power point increase by using a spell slot of a level equal to one third the power point cost of using the metapsionic feat (rounding up). The cerebremancer may use a spell slot of one level higher in order to avoid expending his Psionic Focus. If another metapsionic feat is to be added to the spell, calculate the spell level as one third of the total power point increase, plus one for each time Psionic Focus is not expended when it otherwise would be. Only one spell may be expended in this fashion, and it must account for all of the power points used by the metapsionic feat(s). All power points above the cerebremancer's manifester level count double for the purposes of calculating the spell slot required.

A cerebremancer whose Core Practice is in a spellcasting class gains Spelled Metapsionics upon reaching 8th level.

Crystal Cantrips
Upon reaching 7th level, a cerebremancer may choose to transfer some of his spellcasting to his psicrystal, if he has one. As a full round action, he may transfer any unused (and unprepared, if applicable) spell slot of a level no greater than 6 less than his highest spell level (minimum 0). The spell to be cast with this slot must be chosen at the time of transfer, regardless of whether or not the cerebremancer casts magic spontaneously. While the cerebremancer can use metamagic on these spells, and can use Cerebremetamagic to reduce the metamagic cost, the total level before using Cerebremetamagic or any other factors that reduce metamagic costs must still be less than 6 lower than his highest spell level. The transfer costs a number of power points equal to the level of the spell transferred.

The psicrystal can cast any spells transferred to it as normal, excepting that it treats them as Stilled and Silenced (even if not prepared with these feats, and even if these feats would have increased the level of the spell above the limit on the spell), and any material or experience components of the spell must be used by the cerebremancer at the moment of transfer. These transferred spells are lost if not cast within 24 hours of the transfer.

Devoted Cerebremancy (Ex)
Upon reaching the 10th level, a cerebremancer's devotion to advancing both his spellcasting and manifesting becomes such that even in his future studies, he continues to train both. At any level after gaining this ability in which his Core Practice class's spells or powers are progressed, he may also progress any class from the opposite practice in the same way.

For example, if a cerebremancer whose Core Practice was in a spellcasting class gained a level in a prestige class that advanced his existing spellcasting, or took another level of the original Core Practice class, he could also advance his manifesting in the same way.
If he gains new spells per day as a result of advancing his existing Core Practice class, he will also gain new power points per day as if advancing an existing manifesting class.
If he gains access to new spells or additional spells known as a result of advancing his existing spellcasting class, he gains access to new powers and additional powers known as if advancing in his existing manifesting class.
If his caster level increases as a result of advancing in his existing spellcasting class, then his manifester level increases also, as if gaining a level in his existing manifesting class.

This feature does not apply to any other class features, feats, or other bonuses that improve the same things, nor does it retroactively affect levels gained before it. If for any reason he gains both a level in his Core Practice class and stands to gain in any opposite practice class, he does not gain two levels in any opposite practice class, nor can he advance any two opposite practice classes, even if he has two that would qualify.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-08-01, 12:46 AM
It looks quite nice to me; I'm always glad to see theurge PrCs with interesting class features. My only objection is that you have a single dead level at 7th; is there anything you could put there to remove it?

PId6
2009-08-01, 02:09 AM
Understanding Overlap (Ex)
A cerebremancer's unique blending of supernatural practices gives him special insights. A cerebremancer whose Core Practice is in a spellcasting class gains half his ranks in Spellcasting as an Insight bonus to Psicraft checks. A cerebremancer whose Core Practice is in a manifesting class gains half his ranks in Psicraft as an Insight bonus to Spellcraft checks.
You probably meant Spellcraft there.

---

I don't really see the need for filling in 7th level, since you do get double casting progression so I'd hardly call it a "dead" level. Then again, it is a bit of an eyesore since every other level has something, so a minor ability there wouldn't hurt. Maybe doing for the Knowledge skills what you did for Spellcraft/Psicraft?

Of the class itself, I like it. Combining the two systems further through the class features is great for uniqueness and flavor, and this definitely fixes all of my gripes about dual progression. The lack of perfect advancement helps balance out Devoted Cerebremancy. I don't think any of the class features are too powerful, considering you do have to spend a lot more slots/points to metamagic above your normal level, and that's the biggest potential for abuse here. Metamanipulation is quite nice as well, and makes up for the inherent feat-compatibility issues between casting/psionics. Overall, I'd say it's pretty balanced and fun.

But let's test this with an example build:

Wizard 3/Psion 1 entry, eventually has casting at Wizard 12/Psion 8 after this class runs its course by level 14. You're a spell level behind but the psionic advantages should make things up. By level 20, you have Wizard 18/Psion 14 casting, leaving you 9th level spells and 7th level manifesting. It's a shame you can't have 9/8, but 9/7 is probably more balanced. You'll have 170 base PP. If you want to totally focus on spellcasting, you can spend 95 PP to gain 5 extra 9th level spell slots, then spend the rest on metamagic. Done this way, it is more powerful than straight wizard 20, but that's only if you ignore the various amazing PrCs that the wizard can take.

I guess if you want to further balance this, you can put a limit on the levels of the spells you gain/spend from Psiomancy or Spelled Manifesting. Perhaps something more like one per spell level rather than just a flat total of 5? That way, you wouldn't be able to just dump all of your extra spells in 9th level slots, or dump your highest level spells for PP. But really, it's pretty balanced already, so it's your call.

ErrantX
2009-08-01, 09:45 AM
This... this I like. Good job! I've been meaning to get around to making a Cerebremancer redux but I seriously doubt I could do a better one than this.

Good stuff, I may try to use this in my friend's game that is starting soon. I must agree that there needs to be a little something, even if it's just insignificant, to fill in that dead level at 7.

-X

DragoonWraith
2009-08-01, 10:45 AM
You probably meant Spellcraft there.
I did, thanks.

I don't really see the need for filling in 7th level, since you do get double casting progression so I'd hardly call it a "dead" level. Then again, it is a bit of an eyesore since every other level has something, so a minor ability there wouldn't hurt. Maybe doing for the Knowledge skills what you did for Spellcraft/Psicraft?
I tended to agree, but...

It looks quite nice to me; I'm always glad to see theurge PrCs with interesting class features. My only objection is that you have a single dead level at 7th; is there anything you could put there to remove it?
This... this I like. Good job! I've been meaning to get around to making a Cerebremancer redux but I seriously doubt I could do a better one than this.

Good stuff, I may try to use this in my friend's game that is starting soon. I must agree that there needs to be a little something, even if it's just insignificant, to fill in that dead level at 7.

-X
These guys disagree :smallbiggrin: Thanks, both of you, for the very kind words; I have a ton of respect for both of you, as I see you guys around the boards everywhere. I therefore took your suggestion for level 7, and decided to make it a tribute to the amazing SilverClawShift and her incredible DM.

Of the class itself, I like it. Combining the two systems further through the class features is great for uniqueness and flavor, and this definitely fixes all of my gripes about dual progression. The lack of perfect advancement helps balance out Devoted Cerebremancy. I don't think any of the class features are too powerful, considering you do have to spend a lot more slots/points to metamagic above your normal level, and that's the biggest potential for abuse here. Metamanipulation is quite nice as well, and makes up for the inherent feat-compatibility issues between casting/psionics. Overall, I'd say it's pretty balanced and fun.
Awesome, that was my goal.

But let's test this with an example build:

Wizard 3/Psion 1 entry, eventually has casting at Wizard 12/Psion 8 after this class runs its course by level 14. You're a spell level behind but the psionic advantages should make things up. By level 20, you have Wizard 18/Psion 14 casting, leaving you 9th level spells and 7th level manifesting. It's a shame you can't have 9/8, but 9/7 is probably more balanced. You'll have 170 base PP. If you want to totally focus on spellcasting, you can spend 95 PP to gain 5 extra 9th level spell slots, then spend the rest on metamagic. Done this way, it is more powerful than straight wizard 20, but that's only if you ignore the various amazing PrCs that the wizard can take.
Mm, but you can still take some pretty sweet PrCs if your Core Practice is in Wizard - you finish at level 14, so every level of Archmage, all the obvious levels of Fatespinner, a good chunk of Master Specialist, enough levels to be quite nice of Incantatrix or Initiate of the Seven Veils, are still available. Therefore...

I guess if you want to further balance this, you can put a limit on the levels of the spells you gain/spend from Psiomancy or Spelled Manifesting. Perhaps something more like one per spell level rather than just a flat total of 5? That way, you wouldn't be able to just dump all of your extra spells in 9th level slots, or dump your highest level spells for PP. But really, it's pretty balanced already, so it's your call.
I decided to go with "one of your highest, two of your second highest, three of your third highest, etc." for that limitation, since that seems reasonable.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-08-01, 10:59 AM
These guys disagree :smallbiggrin: Thanks, both of you, for the very kind words; I have a ton of respect for both of you, as I see you guys around the boards everywhere. I therefore took your suggestion for level 7, and decided to make it a tribute to the amazing SilverClawShift and her incredible DM.

1) Awww, I'm flattered. :smallbiggrin:

2) Excellent choice for an ability. I'm sure SCS would approve.

On whether spellcasting is a dead level or not: Yes and no. Getting a new level of spells is generally considered to not be a dead level, since you get so many new options. Getting increased spells per day is not, since it's just the same stuff more often, like a fighter getting increased BAB but not an iterative. Since you don't know when someone will enter a PrC, you shouldn't assume any given level is a dead level or not with casting. Thus, if all the levels give casting progression and you have some levels with an ability, you should try to give something minor at every level so there's no one good break point for leaving the class.

DragoonWraith
2009-08-01, 11:36 AM
Awesome, I'm very pleased with it.

Any comments on the pre-requisites or the class skills? Both seemed kind of unique, but I like the way they work right now.

Also, I added Practiced Cerebremancer (basically half-Practiced Manifester + half-Practiced Spellcaster) as a class feature (second level), so if one takes Practiced Spellcaster/Manifester one can maintain full caster level and manifester level. Because it dawned on me that using Psiomancy would be very difficult for lower level Cerebremancers, because their Manifester Level would be too low to actually expend that many power points in a single action.

Ernir
2009-08-01, 02:59 PM
Powerful enough to make me consider playing it "as intended". Which is rather rare for a dual progressing class. And overall, nice job.

It gives out three feats over the course of the class - more than a Wizard or Psion would get. Very generous of you, especially with the "If he has neither Metamagic nor Metapsionic feats..." clause.

As for Cerebremetamagic and Spelled Metapsionics - I would not allow it to go over the maximum level spells/powers at all. I am already trying to figure out how one could use this for Persist-cheese. :smalltongue:

I am going to head for my pencilcase and see how this responds to non-conventional entry methods. In particular how they affect the capstone ability.
Do I read it correctly - after completing the class, you are forever partially dual-progressing? The only thing you lose from the class you are not progressing after completing the Cerebremancer are class features, along with the spellcasting/manifester levels you lost while taking the Cerebremancer class?

Any comments on the pre-requisites or the class skills? Both seemed kind of unique, but I like the way they work right now.

Just one of the theurge problems. You have lots of different ways to enter the class - but ability score synergy greatly favours a few combinations of entry classes. Wizard/Psion and Psion/Archivist is what I am thinking about. (Sorcerer/Wilder shares the stat synergy, but... yeah, you are fully aware of what that entails.)
Not much you can do about that, of course. But it does hurt the versatility a little. =/

This is fun as the Ultimate Magus! Again, good job.

DragoonWraith
2009-08-01, 05:09 PM
Hey Ernir! Nice to see ya!

Powerful enough to make me consider playing it "as intended". Which is rather rare for a dual progressing class. And overall, nice job.
Sweet!

It gives out three feats over the course of the class - more than a Wizard or Psion would get. Very generous of you, especially with the "If he has neither Metamagic nor Metapsionic feats..." clause.
And how many Wizards or Psions would trade two caster/manifester levels to get three feats instead of the normal two they'd get in the same time? Heh, I'm not too worried about that, personally.

As for Cerebremetamagic and Spelled Metapsionics - I would not allow it to go over the maximum level spells/powers at all. I am already trying to figure out how one could use this for Persist-cheese. :smalltongue:
I think it's costly enough to not be a huge deal. But that's an easily removed line for DMs that don't want to do that.

I am going to head for my pencilcase and see how this responds to non-conventional entry methods. In particular how they affect the capstone ability.
Do I read it correctly - after completing the class, you are forever partially dual-progressing? The only thing you lose from the class you are not progressing after completing the Cerebremancer are class features, along with the spellcasting/manifester levels you lost while taking the Cerebremancer class?
Yes. You've already lost 2 levels of one and 6 levels of the other - I don't think you need to lose more, that's plenty.

But I don't think alternate entries will do much. You need the one level of the opposite practice - there's no way out of that, or else you wouldn't actually have something to progress. You can't enter before level 5, so you might as well take 3 levels of your Core Practice.

Just one of the theurge problems. You have lots of different ways to enter the class - but ability score synergy greatly favours a few combinations of entry classes. Wizard/Psion and Psion/Archivist is what I am thinking about. (Sorcerer/Wilder shares the stat synergy, but... yeah, you are fully aware of what that entails.)
Not much you can do about that, of course. But it does hurt the versatility a little. =/
Actually... I already have (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119953) done something about that.

This is fun as the Ultimate Magus! Again, good job.
Sweet, thanks!

Really, what I did was look at the Ultimate Magus, and say "OK, that class is really cool - but you have to do wonky things to get it to work well, everyone has to be really careful about using Practiced Spellcasting, so let's get rid of the silliness, and just make it cool." It's kind of following the idea of the ToB classes, where they sort of optimize themselves. It makes it more powerful than unoptimized classes, but there's less craziness that you can do.

DragoonWraith
2009-08-05, 10:54 PM
I added the ability to swap the Penetration and Focus feats in Metamanipulation. They're not meta feats, but they do modify spells. *shrug* It seemed fitting. I didn't allow them to be taken as bonus feats, though, since they're often used for pre-requisites and I feel like those should come from the general feat pool.

I've been considering changing that ability to be something like "all metamagic feats with level adjustments (before any bonuses that reduce said adjustments) less than or equal to (+1/+3/+5) may be applied as metapsionic feats costing either the cost of the equivalent feat (if it exists, even if the cerebremancer does not have that feat), or (if the corresponding metapsionic feat does not exist) at a rate of 1.5 Power Points per level of adjustment in the metamagic feat. And vice versa for metapsionic feats with spells" - except I'm not sure what the appropriate conversion would be (Empower Power costs 2 Power Points - equal to the level adjustment of Empower Spell. Quicken Power costs 6 Power Points, which is greater than the +4 of Quicken Spell). Thoughts on this? Bad idea in general, good idea but needs different conversion factors, good idea but only allow it for meta feats with existing correspondents, what?

Also, added a clarification to Psiomancy/Spelled Manifesting about what would happen if, say, you were Cerebremancer 8 (i.e. 3 per day) but only had 1st level spells (i.e. you could use one 1st level spell and two 0th level spells, since 0th level are your second highest) - you should always be able to use up to half your level. I can't think of any case where this could possibly come up, but in case it ever did.

DragoonWraith
2009-08-13, 07:51 PM
This class now has a Wiki page (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Cerebremancer).

Also, I'm very interested in feedback on my last post.