PDA

View Full Version : Need help with disguise item

The Neoclassic
2009-07-31, 06:30 PM
I want to make a disguise item that can be worn an hour a week or so and can't be penetrated by most divination magic. It just needs to make the wearer look ... well, utterly mundane. As long as they wouldn't be recognizable without it on. I know a hat of disguise is cheap, but I'd imagine a lot of divination magic can see through those? And they could also be pulled off easily I imagine. Any ideas how I could go about putting together such an item? I don't want anything that costs more than 10,000 gp or so, but the more effective and harder to foil, the better.

The item is for an assassin (who works a few times a month, not every single night or such) who just needs to make sure that should anything go wrong, no one could connect his appearance to that of the killer's. I know, ideally he wouldn't be seen ever (target would die before they know he's there), but back-up plans are good. :smallcool:

Keld Denar
2009-07-31, 06:37 PM
Items that grant competance bonuses are (Bonus ^2) x100g.

Thus, an item that grants a +10 comptance bonus to the disguise skill would cost 10,000g. It would only need to be worn while applying the disguise, and could be taken off at a later point so as to not radiate magic.

Mundane disguise checks are only opposed by spot checks. No magic, not even True Seeing, can penetrate a non-magical disguise check.

Call em...Gloves of Dexterous Make-Up Application, or something...

VirOath
2009-07-31, 08:09 PM
Items that grant competance bonuses are (Bonus ^2) x100g.

Thus, an item that grants a +10 comptance bonus to the disguise skill would cost 10,000g. It would only need to be worn while applying the disguise, and could be taken off at a later point so as to not radiate magic.

Mundane disguise checks are only opposed by spot checks. No magic, not even True Seeing, can penetrate a non-magical disguise check.

Call em...Gloves of Dexterous Make-Up Application, or something...

Masterful Makeup Swiss Army Knife, replaces regular disguise kit.