PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Eye Drakensang.

Hawriel
2009-07-31, 11:05 PM
The Dark Eye Drakensang

Afew weeks ago I was at best buy looking at vid cards when I saw a Dark Eye RPG game sitting on the shelves. I picked up the players book off of amazon afew years ago and was never able to run it. So I snatched this game up. Its a cute game that really needs better voice actores and a better translation from germen to english. However Im running into a problem I hope some one can help me with.

I dont understand how the weapon skills work for classes. Fencing weapons for a burgler at 8th level top out at 11 ranks. Wile sabers go to 16 and swords another. My dwarf fighter has a similar problem with hammers, swords and two handed weapons. This is a problem because all my characters can get high ranks in sabers and hammers, wile the good weapons I find are rapiers and swords.

For any one who knows the game The Dark Eye. Can you tell me how max ranks work for varios classes or races. Id look in my RPG book but I cant find it. I'd like to know if I can alter my character stat wise to change this, and for plane curiosity about a new system.

Arokh
2009-08-01, 07:47 AM
Well, although I must admit I unfortunately never had the chance to play Drakensang, I would guess that they converted the Upgrade Category from the real game.

There, to increase a talent, you have to invest XP according to a certain chart. These charts represent how difficult it is to improve in that special talent (e.g. Axes/Hammers are used with a talent that increases according to chart D, whereas the more complex Fencing Weapons increase according to chart E, therefore being more expensive to increase).

I'd say, that at 8th level, you may have enough XP to increase Axes to 16, but only enough to increase e.g. Swords to 11 due to increase cost.

Edit: GameBanshee seams to back me up on this (http://www.gamebanshee.com/drakensangthedarkeye/talents/upgradecategory.php)

So long, Arokh.

Hawriel
2009-08-01, 11:07 PM
I see. I was thinking that when I when I looked at the game again. They refered to skills as C D and E skills. The PC game manual does not mention this so i had I was guessing that may have somthing to do with it. Thanks for conferming it for me.