PDA

View Full Version : Would you?

Kobold_Love
2009-08-01, 06:09 AM
http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs22/i/2007/320/f/b/Kobold_by_carlmcintyre.jpg

http://carlmcintyre.deviantart.com/art/Kobold-69959040

I know what my username says, but...

p.s. How would you stat her as a 3.5 NPC?

Emperor Ing
2009-08-01, 06:12 AM
There's 4 things wrong with this

1) I thought scalies couldn't grow hair
2) I thought scalies didn't have mammary glands
3) Wrong forum
4) Wrong web site

Kobold_Love
2009-08-01, 06:15 AM

Perhaps the artist based them on pre 3rd edition kobolds?

V'icternus
2009-08-01, 06:18 AM
Well, what about 3 & 4? This does seem very out of place.

Kobold_Love
2009-08-01, 06:23 AM
Well, what about 3 & 4? This does seem very out of place.

Sorry.

I remade the thread in Roleplaying. I also wanted some advice on stating out such a "seductive" NPC. Never tried that kind of thing.

And I thought it would be somewhat lighthearted, since she is a kobold...

Emperor Ing
2009-08-01, 06:26 AM
Well one: make her anatomically correct. If there's a kobold PC in the party it'll work out fine. And two, well...thats about it actually.

Anuan
2009-08-01, 06:48 AM
Maybe she's a half-kobold? Humans seem to breed with anything in the D&D-verse >.>

SDF
2009-08-01, 08:01 AM
First, those claws would make sex awful. Also, she dresses like a hussie.

Jalor
2009-08-01, 08:03 AM
First, those claws would make sex awful.
Actually, for some people that would make it even better.
Myself, for instance.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-08-01, 08:08 AM
First, those claws would make sex awful. Also, she dresses like a hussie.

My friend, you have yet to have really, really good sex, it seems.

charl
2009-08-01, 08:12 AM
Maybe she's a half-kobold? Humans seem to breed with anything in the D&D-verse >.>

Sort of like real life then? Or well, we try anyway.

I wonder how you would stat a half-kobold... or if that is even possible to being with. Don't kobolds lay eggs?

FoE
2009-08-01, 08:32 AM
Would I what?

*Looks at picture*

Yeah, probably.

horngeek
2009-08-01, 08:38 AM
I wonder how you would stat a half-kobold... or if that is even possible to being with. Don't kobolds lay eggs?

My friend, Dragons are the same, yet somehow we manage.

Of course, shapeshifting has it's advantages.

Mordokai
2009-08-01, 09:02 AM
Would I what?

*Looks at picture*

Yeah, probably.

This :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2009-08-01, 12:22 PM
This :smalltongue:

Yep, 3rded.

But would we please move this thread to the gaming sub-forum? Possibly.
And half-kobolds have already been made by some homebrewer:smallsigh:
Racial Traits

* Type: Humanoid (Reptilian)

* +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Con, -2 Str: Half-Kobolds are bright little creatures, agile and fast, but they have light builds and generally are skittish and not too strong a people.

* Medium Size. Half-Kobolds have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.

* Half-Kobolds cannot take the Powerful Build feat, due to their, well, builds.

* A Half-Kobold's base land speed is 30 feet.

* Darkvision: Half-Kobolds can see up in the dark up to 60 feet, courtesy to their Kobold heritage. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and Half-Kobolds can function just fine with no light at all.

* +2 racial bonus to Balance; Half-Kobolds's rigid tail makes for excellent balance while running or when performing acrobatics.

* +2 bonus to either Diplomacy and Sense Motive or Intimidate and Bluff towards Kobolds and humans; Half-kobolds, due to their past and heritage, have better insights towards kobolds and humans; as well as being attentive and inquisitive.

* +2 to Spot, Listen and Search checks; They have keen senses and are inquisitive, giving them better eyes and ears for details.

* +1 bonus to Reflex saves: Half-Kobolds are agile and quick to react, giving them a knack to evade some dangers better than others.

* Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic (as a Kobold) (may be optional at the player's discretion). Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, as Druidic). Because of their heritage, they tend to speak both the language of men and 'bold, and can pick up any language, given time and interest.

* Favoured Class: Any. Half-Kobolds inherited man's explorative, flexible and adaptive nature, allowing them to follow the path of pretty much any profession. Despite their human blood, Half-Kobolds tend to pursue work involving their wits and wiles rather than any other strengths they may possess - a Kobold's trait, most certainly.

When determining whether a multiclass Half-Kobold suffers any XP penalty, her highest-level class does not count (PHP, p.56).

Athaniar
2009-08-01, 01:23 PM
Meh, it's female enough for me.

Mx.Silver
2009-08-01, 06:14 PM
Quite possibly, but then I have a fairly big kink when it comes to demihumans so feel free to disregard my opinion.

FdL
2009-08-01, 06:20 PM
Yes I would. She doesn't look that much like a kobold, etc. But the sexyness comes through really well, it's a good work.

Player_Zero
2009-08-01, 06:32 PM
Well now, isn't this disturbing.

Assassin89
2009-08-01, 06:36 PM
If you ask me, it looks more like a tiefling than a kolbold.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-08-01, 06:42 PM
The claws, hair, spines, and tail make me think: weredirerat. :smallbiggrin:

Gorgondantess
2009-08-01, 06:44 PM
If you ask me, it looks more like a tiefling than a kolbold.

True. My first thought upon seeing this was "Hell yes, I've had a crush on tieflings ever since I played Torment." But kobold?:smalleek:
I mean, it's not really a kobold, per se, so... maybe?:smallconfused:

skywalker
2009-08-02, 02:06 AM
Yep, 3rded.

Fourthed, whatever it is.

Those are huge and damn she's thin...

The tail would be an interesting twist.

Berserk Monk
2009-08-02, 02:24 AM

That thing does look very kobold-ish. Maybe's it's half so okay.

Also, you'd have to give me enough ale to get a dwarf blotto before I start an "adventure"* with her.

*by which I mean sex.

Jalor
2009-08-02, 08:42 AM
"Hell yes, I've had a crush on tieflings ever since I played Torment."
Same here. What other PC game lets you choose between a girl with wings and a girl with a tail? And a sexy accent, for that matter.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-08-02, 08:46 AM
Meh, scales are all well and good, but give me feathers any day...

(does thinking every female angel is hot say something good or bad about me?)

Those are huge and damn she's thin...
If you say so... come on down to Georgia, where she's not very impressive.

RS14
2009-08-02, 08:51 AM
p.s. How would you stat her as a 3.5 NPC?

She appears to be only half-kobold, on account of the presence of mammary glands. Additionally, the size-category suggest to me that she might be half-halfling/half-kobold, which I would assign -4 str, +2 dex, +0 con. She looks quick and nimble; I would give a hh/hk a 30ft land speed. Low Light Vision, +4 balance, +1 all saving throws.

As for class, I would guess rogue on account of the armored kneepad and lightweight clothing. Str: 4 Dex: 16 Con: 12 Int: 13 Wis: 10 Cha: 15. The strength penalty seems almost debilitating in combat, so perhaps a rogue/sorcerer. ASF would then explain why she is not wearing light armor. At higher levels she could progress into arcane trickster.

Feats: Silent Spell, Improved Initiative, Scribe Scroll, maybe for the first few.

I'm sure you could make something more optimized.

Would I what?