PDA

View Full Version : Expedition to the Demonweb Pits

Pages : [1] 2

Mordokai
2009-08-01, 06:40 AM
You are in a little town around midday, getting ready to leave. As you say your final farewells to the townsfolk, a merchant stumbles into town and falls over. He drew a small crowd of peasants to see if he was all right. Slowly, he moved into a sitting position as he began to tell his tale about what happened.
"I was east of here," he started. "Getting my goods from a well known supplier there. That night, I heard fires burning, not the type of fire in a fireplace, but the fire of a building on fire. I looked out the window to see drow running rampant, burning everything they saw. I couldn't see how many there were, they were constantly moving and burning. Eventually, they began to move on the building I was in. I could feel the heat begin to rise from the floorboards, so I jumped through the window. I almost died from the fall and from the drow I almost landed on. I managed to escape from the town with my supplier, but on the way, he fell and told me to go on by myself. I haven't seen him since. Now, I don't need to worry about my life. Please send someone to stop the drow uprisings in the east." The man passed out after he finished and he was rushed away.

What will you do now that someone has asked for help?

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-01, 10:05 AM
A man of medium height with brown hair, brown eyes, and scars all over his face and body steps forward. "It's been a long time since I've had a good fight, and the drow are always good for one. I'll go."

Darius
2009-08-01, 01:57 PM
Jett Darkwalker

An unassuming looking man in a dark cloak sneers a bit and says, "Drow? Good for a fight? Not a fair one. If you wish to live, you'll need me along."

He moves from his seat over to the man who spoke and introduces himself, "You can call me Jett. What should I call you?"

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-01, 02:50 PM
The scarred man gives Jett a once over before replying, "Name's Seamus. Of course Drow don't fight fair, that's what makes it fun," he says with a grin. "Anybody else want to join this little group we got going?"

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-02, 12:17 AM
Tikhon

It is his first coffee of the morning - well, morning enough, he'd had a late night - and he is just settling into his normal routine. Sip, stare, sip, stare - he ignores all the people around him, some staring at the wonderful drink he held in his hand in curiosity. At nearly two gold pieces a cup, it is the most expensive vice he has ever had - also the best. It was better, he reflects, than some other drugs people wasted their lives away on, anyway.

So he is quite happy - just as nice as a clam, in fact - when his rare little bit of peace is interrupted by a man falling down almost right in front of him. Of course, the crowds come, and as the man begins his story ooh and aah in all the right places. Just perfect. Just loud enough…

Various marauders and bandits come along, time and again. They are generally not his concern. Drow, even, come along, and they are not his concern either. He does, however, have a bit of a bounty hanging over his head at the minute from some city guard or another. So, he decides, he may as well clear his name as easily as possible. He himself can just - stay out of the way, a bit, hang around these fine upstanding fellows over here who look like they can handle a fight fair well.

So he walks over, brandishing his mug of coffee and smiling brightly at the two men. "I suppose," he drawls, "you might not be upset to have a third come along? For the sake of the poor countryfolk all alone and unprotected, of course. Oh - the name's Tikhon, by the way. Tikhon…Arlessle." And as for fighting dirty, he thinks, I suppose I do that as well as any.

Killerloop
2009-08-02, 09:33 AM
Shakan

*Drow, the elves of the night, the evil elves and many many other nicknames. Always looking for a fight and always a good chance to improve my skills" thought Shakan

He raised, and headed towards the three people.

"Maybe even a fourth, don't you think? Drow can knock you out with a single arrow. My name is Shakan, and I am a skilled arcanist"

Falconknight06
2009-08-02, 02:56 PM
I couldn't help but here your forming a group to fight the drow. Would you mind my help? A large man wearing what looks to be full Mithril armor, covering all of his body. He has a large, adamantine greatsword carved with Celestial runes on his back. He sits down at the table with the others. The name is Milen Garr. I'm usually a hunter of demons and devils, but Drow are damned close.

Mordokai
2009-08-02, 06:46 PM
Five heroes gathered, you decide to take to the road right away. Making the last arrangements and goodbyes, you are walking down the road before you know it. It is a pleasant day and despite the dangers you are no doubt to face in the future, most of you are happy to be on the trail of adventure again.

The journey takes nearly all day and near dusk, as you start looking about for suitable place to make camp, you find a building standing off by itself near the rough road you've been using. It looks maintaned, but onoccupied. A sign above the door proclaims Traveler's Rest-All Are Welcome.

Anybody who wants and can can attempt a Knowledge(Religion) check.

Darius
2009-08-02, 10:29 PM
Jett Darkwalker

Jett speaks to those assembled before the journey begins, "Excellent. Five of us...that should do nicely. A band of fellowship we shall be together to the depths of darkness and beyond. At your leave, I shall bind us together under spiritual covenant. If you would allow me to speak a few words of prayer before we begin our journey together."

He holds his hand out over the table that the five companionions have gathered round while the other grasps a dark pendant that seems to absorb all light. "Nightbringer, just as we know that darkness is needed to appreciate the light, let it be known to you that we shall decend together on this task in your name. To set right the balance between darkness and light. Give us strength and vigor to do your work."

He then pulls forth a cornucopia horn and says, "Please, join me in a feast...a feast of the Heroes of the Hand." He dumps out the horn and all sorts of food, mead, and the like appear. It takes some time to eat, but those that partake feel empowered by the fine meal.

ooc: All are under effects of recitation, heroes' feast, and mass lesser vigor (if you accept his magic, that is)

what it means to you:
+2 (luck) to AC, Attack Rolls, and Saving Throws; automatic stabilization, and fast helaing 1 (I am not sure how this will work for the war-forged); 1d8+6 Temp Hit Points, +1 (morale) attack rolls and Will saves, immune to fear, immune to poison, and cured of all diseases, sicknesses, and nausea.

I don't mind doing this each time, but can we assume that those three spells will be Standard Operating Procedure from here on out (subject to change only if notified).

bic:
Jett then makes sure his morning star - obviously forged of cold iron to the trained eye - is hooked on his belt. He adjusts his chain shirt when he stands and hefts his heavy shield over his back, covering his backpack. All of his gear appears rather mundane.

He is on task and walks with a very quick gaint when afield. Although not one to often start a conversation, he will reply when spoken to. Jett appears rather introspective the entire journey. When the party comes to the wayside, Jett looks the sign over and considers its meaning.

ooc: Know Religion "21" rolled in OOC thread.

Mordokai
2009-08-03, 03:47 AM
Jett recalls that this is one of the occasional hospice buildings erected and maintained by followers of deity of roads, Fharlanghn. They provide travelers with shelter and each of them can take what he needs and contribute something else, to the best of his abilities. This way, the hospice is maintained.

Partaking in the feast, you feel empowered for the troubles to come. Meanwhile, the dusk has fallen and being the only guests of the hospice, you decide to get yourself a mug of ale. You chat and talk about exploits and adventures that await you. The feeling in the hospice is pleasant one and you feel that you're ready for the retirement for the night. Just one more mug...

Everybody give me Spot and Listen checks.

Killerloop
2009-08-03, 04:03 AM
"Thank you for the fine feast my newfound friend" said Shakan before beginning the journey.

I assume my owl is near me, resting on my shoulderpad so I can benefit from Alertness.
Not sure if I can take the +3 on spot though, shadowy illumination is needed.. if not the spot roll must be reduced by 3 for shakan and by 8 for my owl, Nighteyes

Spot (shakan): [roll0]
Listen (shakan): [roll1]
Spot (owl): [roll2]
Listen (owl): [roll3]

Edit: I forgot to add the +2 to spot and listen to owl rolls from Alertness

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-03, 07:18 AM
Seamus eats heartily, mostly because the food is good but also because he suspects that they will need all the help they can get, and magical food can only help them. As he's relaxing, he lets his senses extend to his surroundings, ever alert even in times of rest.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Darius
2009-08-03, 07:40 AM
Jett Darkwalker

The cleric says aloud, "This is a wayside dedicated to Fharlanghan - the god of travels. We should be safe here...in theory."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Initiative if needed: [roll2]

Stat Block

Init = 7

HP 72/53
AC 35 (t22, f32)
Fort: +11 , Ref: +10 , Will: +16

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
armor of darkness
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

Falconknight06
2009-08-03, 10:06 AM
Thank you for the food my friend the large man in armor eats without removing his helmet, the helmets jaw piece moving in an almost mouthlike fashion. He does say no to the ale though.

Listen [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-03, 11:02 AM
"Ah, my sincere gratitude for the feast!" Tikhon bows deeply to Jett, only beginning to eat after the others have done so. On the road, he walks lost in his own thoughts - often staring off into the distance ahead of them.

Upon reaching the hostel, Tikhon only sips his mug of ale, watching his companions closely.

Spot: [roll0] Listen: [roll1]

Mordokai
2009-08-03, 12:00 PM
After spending a few hours in the hostel, you all feel refreshened. Sun has already started going down and you're in the midst of an idle banter when a sound from outside draws your attention. It's subtle at first, but grows more and loud with a passing of time. It can be no mistake. It's a well known clanking of armor and weapons. Evening sounds of countryside are soon replaced by it and you know almost instinctively it can mean no good. Rushing out, you're granted by a vision that's horrifying and perplexing at the same time.

Four large silhuetes, each of them almost ten feet tall, shamble towards the hospice, each dragging what appears to be a larger portion of tree trunk behind them. The smell of rotten meat assaults your nostrils, even if the creatures are good 60 feet away.

From a slope above the hospice, a cry is heard. You see a drow woman, screaming out to the sky. Jett can hear something about "Lolth blessing her servant". After that, the drow dissapears with a wave of her hand and the giants advance upon you.

Everybody roll initiative. Darius, you can choose to keep your previous roll or roll again, but again, if you roll anew you must keep the new roll, even if worse.

You are standing in front of hospice and on the road. Position yourself in any way you deam appropriate. The road is 15 feet wide and the giants are coming from the east. At the moment, they are approximately 60 feet away from you. North of the hospice is a small copse of trees and a grass, south there is grass for about ten feet and after that, a steep slope where you've witnessed a drow dissapear. Moving uphil costs two squares of movement.

Killerloop
2009-08-03, 12:17 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
Will post action later

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-03, 01:15 PM
Don't use this, new post with actions below, initiative still in this post.

Seamus sees the giants, and eagerly moves forward, throwing a couple of javelins at the same one that Shakan targeted.

[roll0]

Don't use this, new post with actions below.
Actions:
Swift: Enter Blood in the Water stance, gain cumulative +1 attack and damage for each crit, drops to 0 if I go 10 rounds without a crit.
Move: move 20 ft closer to the giants
Standard: 2 javelins at the one that Shakan targeted
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

Killerloop
2009-08-03, 01:23 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

"That drow is kidding me" said Shakan, a bit scorned upon seeing the giants
"Rotten giants? I expected better"

[Words of power, arcane gestures]

"...FIREBALL!!" shouted Shakan, in Celestial, holding his rod towards the giants

Shakan moves 30 feet in the opposite direction from the giants and launches an Empowered Fireball towards them, making sure no friend stands in between and in the square that hits as many giants as possible.

Reflex DC for 1/2: 17
Roll to defeat spell resistance (if any): [roll0]

"Fly high and go over that slope my friend,try to spot that drow... but don't take unnecessary risks" said Shakan to Nighteyes.

Nighteyes takes off from Shakan shoulder and tries to spot the drow that disappeared near the slope, reaching at least 40 feet of vertical height.

Killerloop
2009-08-03, 01:25 PM
Fireball damage: [roll0] still needs to be 150% 'ed.. so 43.5 :smallsigh:

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-03, 01:44 PM
Seamus grins, draws his kukris, and lets out a furious warcry as his appearance becomes vaguely tiger-like, and charges the nearest giant and attacks, using his newfound strength and speed to attack with both of his weapons.

Free: Use Bloodclaw Master Shifting, gain +2 Str, and claws that deal 1d4 dmg. Lasts Con mod + Blooclaw levels rounds, so 5.
Swift: Enter Punishing Stance, melee attacks deal +1d6 dmg, I have -2 AC
Full Round: Charge the nearest giant, using Pouncing Strike to expend Death From Above maneuver and attack with both weapons at my highest bonus.
[roll0]
[roll1] and [roll2] physical and [roll3] electricity damage.

[roll4]
[roll5] and [roll6] physical damage

Killerloop
2009-08-03, 01:50 PM
Shakan looks in stupor when the cleric turns into a tiger (?!!) and charges the giants.

"So much for artillery I guess" said a puzzled Shakan

*Resist the urge to fireball him, Resist the urge to fireball him, Resist the urge to fireball him...* thought the sorcerer at the same time

Falconknight06
2009-08-03, 01:58 PM
Vile woman Milen says as he draws his greatsword and charges the nearest giant, aiming for its club

Initiative [roll0]
Tumble to avoid AOO [roll1]
Attack (including power attack for 5 so +10 damage) [roll2]
opposed attack rolls to hit his "club" with adamantine greatsword
Damage to "club" [roll3]

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-03, 04:35 PM
Well, curses. Tikhon glares at the giants, annoyed, then up at the hill where the drow had run. Well, he may as well fight the giants, he supposes.

With a few hand movements and muttered words, he, too, winks out of sight, making his way far enough around the giants to avoid them in an attempt to get behind.

Init: [roll0]

Darius
2009-08-04, 01:26 AM
Jett Darkwalker

As if in a stupor, Jett seems to shake free from his inner thoughts and clarity comes to the moment at hand. His eyes narrow as the drow disappears. He watches as the Band of the Hand spring (literally) into action. He speaks to his goddess, "Nightbringer, grant me the power of the darkness that you command to shield me from these foul abominations." Jett's call is answered, for the shadows around the area seem to move and form around the cleric in the form of armor. It is nearly impossible to discern any of Jett's features. He moves ahead 40', drawing his morningstar as he does so.

ooc: cast armor of darkness, move

Also, to remind everyone...
+2 (luck) to AC, Attack Rolls, and Saving Throws;
automatic stabilization, and fast healing 1
10 Temp Hit Points,
+1 (morale) attack rolls and Will saves,
immune to fear,
immune to poison, and
cured of all diseases, sicknesses, and nausea.

Stat Block

Init = 7

HP 72/53
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Shield and morningstar readied (attack: morningstar +20/+15; 1d8+7)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
armor of darkness
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

Mordokai
2009-08-04, 08:00 AM
The battle is joined in it's earnest and is soon going strong. Shakan throws a ball of fire at the zombies and it catches all of them in it's fiery embrace. Before they can even manage to react, Seamus is already upon them, rending one of them in two with a mighty roar and swing of his weapon.

Milen tumbles nimbly pass the guard of one of the zombies and sunders his great club to splinters. An angry sound comes from the zombie dead mouths and it strikes at Milen, hitting him in the shoulder as he is getting up.

One of the other two zombies moves closer to Seamus and readies his weapon for a swing, while the other one swings at him, hitting him hard.

The wounds aren't life threatening, but this is obviously not everything the enemy had in mind for you. All of a sudden, a blood curling scream is heard and following it, are two big drow, coming charging from the copse of the trees. Both of them set his eyes on Milen and come charging at him, screaming in a language he cannot understand. Their eyes are wild with fury and they swing their large axes at him, hitting him square in the chest and across the head. A blow that would fell lesser man, yet Milen manages to withstand their punishment.

Shakan, looking at all this, readies his next spell to throw at the enemies, but his concentration is interrupted, as a giant bird, standing 15 feet tall appears near him, striking him with it's vicious claw.

The drow woman is still nowhere to be seen.

Shakan now has an enemy next to him, a Large one. Milen goes down 43 HP, Seamus losts 18 HP and Shakan losts 11 of them. I'll trust you'll count it for yourself and calculate temporary hit points away first, if you have them. Milen also has two mighty pissed looking drow next to him and there doesn't appear to be much reasoning with them.
One zombie has been destroyed by combined effort of Shakan and Seamus and the others aren't looking too good as well. Well, worse, at least.

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-04, 08:26 AM
Having finished off one of the zombies, Seamus sees that the Warforged is in some trouble and decides to come offer some of his unique kind of help. He moves over to one of the drow and unleashes a furious series of blows on his opponent.

Move: Move up to my speed to get into melee with one of the drow attacking Millen. Tumble check if necessary: [roll0]
Standard: Use Pouncing Strike to make an attack with both weapons, expending Soaring Raptor Strike.
[roll1]
[roll2] and [roll3] physical, and [roll4] electricity dmg

[roll5]
[roll6] and [roll7] physical damage

If my opponent is still alive:
Swift Action: Use Dancing Mongoose to make an additional attack with each weapon I hold at my highest attack bonus. Both must be against the same enemy.

If the first opponent has dropped, use the same maneuver for 2 attacks against the other drow.

[roll8]
[roll9] and [roll10] physical, and [roll11] electricity dmg

[roll12]
[roll13] and [roll14] physical damage

Seamus Chorster (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=143070)
M CG Human Warblade/Bloodclaw Master, Level 6/3, Init +3, HP 70/78, Speed 40
AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-footed 18, Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +7, Base Attack Bonus +8/+3
+3, +2d6 dmg vs Evil Outsiders +1 Evil Outsider Bane Kukri +16/+11 (1d4+6, 15-20/x2)
+1 Shock Kukri +16/+11 (1d4+1d6+6, 15-20/x2)
Full Attack +16/+16/+11 (as above, 15-20/x2)
+1 Mithral Shirt (+5 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 6
Condition None
Low Light Vision

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-04, 08:31 AM
Seamus finds his target's vulnerable spot on his last two attacks, and his kukris bite deep into the drow's flesh.

Potential crits on the last two attacks
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Damn, Seamus just did 80 damage to that drow. I'm gonna be scared if it's still up. :smallamused:

Killerloop
2009-08-04, 08:35 AM
"Curse you, damned avian!" shouted Shakan upon feeling the bite of claws upon his flesh.
He changed posture and started chanting in Celestial as before, but this time in a more guarding way... ready to dodge any attempt to disrupt his spell.

Then, all of a sudden, his eyes flashed with black light and the swirling mass of energy in his right hand darkened in an instant. His chanting has changed to a dark tongue, know only to few.

Abyssal.

"...ENERVATION!!" shouted Shakan.

I'll try to cast defensively an Empowered Enervation at the large bird, using my daily Sudden Maximize too, so if everything goes my way the spell will drain 6 levels from the bird. This will also leave my lesser rod with only 1 use.

Concentration check: DC15+spell level(4) = 19 [roll0]
Ranged touch attack if casting goes well: [roll1]

Killerloop
2009-08-04, 08:39 AM
OOC: the touch roll gets an additional +1 from Heroes Feast
Additionally I'll roll to defeat spell resistance if required: [roll0]

If my spell kills the bird I'll move towards my nearest ally, let's say 40 feet from him.

Darius
2009-08-04, 09:22 AM
Jett Darkwalker

Jett moves in next to one of the zombie giants and wallops it with his morning star.

ooc: reminder - subtract the damage from the 10 Temp HP first and all have fast healing 1.

[roll0]
[roll1]

10 Temp Hit Points,
immune to fear,
immune to poison, and

Stat Block

Init = 7

HP 72/53
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
armor of darkness
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-04, 02:23 PM
Stopping short as the two drow run past him, Tikhon frowns. That - changes things a bit. Well, I'm more effective against these fellows, anyway. Goodbye, invisibility. Moving close enough, maybe thirty feet away, he makes a few motions and a seething ball of acid that only he can see appears in his hands, ready to send spinning to the drow not being targeted by Seamus. Catch. As the volatile substance flies through the air, Tikhon winks back into vision.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0] Lesser Orb of Acid damage: [roll1] Sneak Attack damage (pretty sure I get it here): [roll2] EDIT: Oh, oops, that's another +3, I think, to the attack? With the feast?

Darius
2009-08-04, 03:21 PM
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0] Lesser Orb of Acid damage: [roll1] Sneak Attack damage (pretty sure I get it here): [roll2] EDIT: Oh, oops, that's another +3, I think, to the attack? With the feast?

Yes, all are +3 to attack from Jett's spells

Also, +2 to saves and +2 to AC

Falconknight06
2009-08-04, 03:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the fast healing doesn't work on me, considering I take 1/2 healing from Conjuration (healing) spells.

Milen, seeing the Drow, screams at the Drow Do you have any idea how long it will take me to fix my armor? as he slashes at him with anger.

Attack Roll (Power Attack for 5 already factored in)
[roll0]
Second Attack
[roll1]
Damage (+14 if just a Drow, +21 if lawful Outsider or +23 if Evil Outsider)
[roll2]
2nd Attack (Same pluses)
[roll3]

If an evil outsider, Bane takes affect
[roll4]
2nd Attack
[roll5]

EDIT:+3 to hit, forgot to add it in

Mordokai
2009-08-04, 04:36 PM
Shakan's thinking was good one, as the bird lets out a long and mournful cry and falls down dead. However, even before he can celebrate, a new threat arises. Back turned, a hole opens in dirt and out comes flames, followed soon by a dog... or what appears to be a dog. It has red eyes and his whole body radiates heat, as he spits fire at Shakan.

Far from Shakan, the battle seems to have turned against the drow and their undead allies. Seamus plows into the melee with the raging drow duo and fells one just as fast as he reaches them, literally chopping the head of one of them. But, as he charges them, one of the zombies sees an opening in Seamus's defenses and swings it's club, sending the mighty warrior on way with a painful back... among other things. It would no doubt be happy about it's accomplishment, had it capability to feel emotions... and had Jett's morningstar not finished the work started by Seamus and Shakan a few seconds back. The undead falls under the might of cleric's righteous anger.

Tikhon throws a ball of corosive acid at the still standing drow. It hits it's target, but it doesn't appear that the drow would even notice it. However, he does notice Milen's greatsword as it hits him. Blood appears on his lips, but other than that, he doesn't seem to be perturbed in the slightest. He attacks Milen again, hitting him across the head with the axe again. He doesn't seem to notice he's fighting the living construct, or if he does, it doesn't bother him. The fact is, his hits are starting to hurt.

Out of nowhere, an evil laughter can be heard.

Shakan needs to roll Reflex against DC 13. If he fails he gets 8 damage, half of that if successful. And he has a new threat to deal with. Seamus is hit for 21 HP and Milen for 19. Another zombie goes down and one of the drow ragers is dead as well.

Falconknight06
2009-08-04, 05:14 PM
I don't like to be hit with pieces of metal! Milen yells as he attacks the ragers Axe, then attacking the rager himself.

Attacking his Axe
[roll0]
Damage to Axe (Adamantine Greatsword, ignores <20 Hardness)
[roll1]
Attacking the Rager
[roll2]
Damage to Rager
[roll3]
EDIT:I forgot the +3 again

Killerloop
2009-08-04, 06:12 PM
OOC: My owl is still wandering around the battefield, any trace of the drow woman??

IC:

Shakan laughed, his negative spell had fell that stupid bird in an instant, but a new opponent arises, and englufes him in flames.

*Damnit* thought Shakan *My fire attacks wouldn't do much against this! Ah old master, I envy your Coldball spell SO MUCH right now!*

Reflex save vs DC13: [roll0]

Shakan casts an Empowered Fell Drain Magic Missile at the hellhound, from your description seems that it is not threating me so defensive casting would not be required... anyway I'll roll that.

Defensive casting vs DC 18 : [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] * 1.5 = 16.5 + 1 negative level if at least 1 damage is dealt.
To defeat SR: [roll3]

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-04, 06:15 PM
Cursing his luck, Tikhon scowls at the drow's back.Drow. This just serves to remind me how much I hate them. We'll try this one more time, shall we? He brings the same motions into play again, sculpting the acid as before - but as it forms, the liquid turns into a tiny, two-inch orb of pure sound, emitting a low whine as it spins between his fingers. He tosses it almost lazily with his left hand, drawing the short sword he carries with his right. We'll see how you do against that.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0] (5 BAB, 5 Dex, +3 from Jett, +1 from PBS, -4 for opponent in melee) Damage: [roll1] sonic.

It's actually still a Lesser Orb of Acid with metamagic on it, rather than a Lesser Orb of Sound.

Darius
2009-08-04, 08:19 PM
ooc:
I am not sure if Jett is in a position where he will be AoO'ed by the other giant zombie, so I will write this as if he isn't but would like the opportunity to change it if he would be.

ic:
Jett Darkwalker

"The drow priestess must have turned herself invisible and is summoning those fiends." Seeing Shakan within 40' of him, Jett moves to put Shakan between him and the hound from hell so that it will not bite him when he casts his spell. "Accept my magic and take flight to find that priestess - rain down your arcane might upon the battlefield...I shall deal with her minions."

ooc: Move to Shakan (40' due to longstrider), spontaneous cast fly on Shakan

10 Temp Hit Points,
immune to fear,
immune to poison, and

Stat Block

Init = 7

HP 72/53
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
armor of darkness - grants darkvision as well
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-04, 08:34 PM
Seeing that the drow is distracted by Millen trying to destroy his axe, Seamus seizes the opportunity to whack him good.

Actions:

Move: Move to flank the remaining drow using a 5ft step if possible, if not move half speed and with +17 to Tumble I auto-succeed on not provoking AoO.
Swift: Recover all maneuvers, must be followed by standard action to either attack or do nothing.
Standard: Attack the drow
[roll0]
[roll1] and [roll2] physical, and [roll3] electrical damage

Statblock:

M CG Human Warblade/Bloodclaw Master, Level 6/3, Init +3, HP 51/78, Speed 40
AC 21, Touch 14, Flat-footed 18, Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +7, Base Attack Bonus +8/+3
+3, +2d6 dmg vs Evil Outsiders +1 Evil Outsider Bane Kukri +16/+11 (1d4+6, 15-20/x2)
Condition None
Low Light Vision

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-04, 08:36 PM
With the drow distracted, Seamus weapon slips into the weak spot in his armor at the arm joint and bites deep into his flesh.

Hmm, I really ought to include a crit confirm in my rolls with 15-20 range, huh.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Mordokai
2009-08-05, 05:08 AM
Shakan once again aims well, his spell hitting the hell hound, wounding it badly, but it manages to keep standing, even if it's legs shake a little. It takes a bite at it's attacker and it's teeth leave a burning wound. Jett, seeing his comrade in trouble, takes care to step closer to him and lends him aid, making him lift in the air. The zombies charge after Jett, trying to hit him, but both miss. It would appear darkness surrounding the cleric is too thick and it makes him hard to hit.

The drow rager's wounds disappear all of a sudden, almost as if somebody cured him. With renewed vigor, he blocks the blow from Milen's sword and hits back, but this time, his swing goes wide of the target. Seeing an opening in his defenses, Seamus once again strikes at the drow, wounding him. And even before he can react properly, an orb from Shikton once again hits him, this time leaving marks on the blackened skin. He looks in pretty bad shape by now, but the madness doesn't seem to let go of him and he keeps on screaming, swinging his axe around. It will take a little more to put him down.

It is at about this time that Shakan start receiving telepathic messages from his own familiar. It would appear that the drow didn't move much from her starting position, maybe just a few feet upwards the slope.

The second drow still stands and would it not be for the rage, he'd probably be shaking already from all the wound he received. Jett has two zombies next to him and Shakan, while not seeing her just yet, has a vague idea of drow priestess. Oh, and Shakan takes 5 damage from the bite.

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-05, 08:20 AM
Seamus sees that the drow is still standing, and decides that it's time that he tried something a little different. He leaps into the air, up and over the drow's head and slashes viciously at his head while the drow can only stare dumbfounded at the man flipping over him.

Actions:

1 round of shifting left after this round
Standard: Using Death from Above. I make a DC 20 Jump check, and if it succeeds I make a single melee attack against an opponent that I was adjacent to when I used the maneuver. The attack deals an extra 4d6 dmg, and my opponent is considered flat-footed for this attack. I then land in any square adjacent to the target though no more than 20 feet away from my starting position. If the Jump check fails, I remain in the square I started in and can attack normally but lose the maneuver.

I have +23 to Jump, so I auto-succeed on the DC 20 check. Attack vs flat-footed drow: [roll0]
[roll1] and [roll2] physical, and [roll3] electrical damage.
[roll4]
[roll5]

I land adjacent to the drow and closer to the giants.

Move: Move half speed (20ft) and auto-succeed in tumbling to avoid AoO, getting as close as I can to another of the zombies.

Stats:

M CG Human Warblade/Bloodclaw Master, Level 6/3, Init +3, HP 52/78, Speed 40
Condition None
Low Light Vision

Darius
2009-08-05, 01:17 PM
Jett Darkwalker

Satisfied that his companion is aloft and 'safe', Jett turns and faces the giagantic abominations with his full attention.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

ooc:
10 Temp Hit Points,
immune to fear,
immune to poison, and

Stat Block

Init = 7

HP 72/53
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

Killerloop
2009-08-05, 02:02 PM
"Thanks friend, flying his always good" said the sorcerer while beginning to lift into the air.

The telepathic message of his owl stroke his mind like a hammer

"Finally! Show us your pretty face you drow wench!!" shouted Shakan while beginning to make arcane gestures

Shakan lifts 30 feet into the air and casts area Dispel Magic to the last known drow woman position. I don't think I can target her since she is invisible and I can only guess where she is.
So, some dispel checks! She could have more than one spell active :smalltongue:
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]

Falconknight06
2009-08-05, 04:44 PM
Nice work Milen says to the flipping man as he moves to attack the nearest Zombie

Tumble if needed
[roll0]
Attack with +5 Power Attack
[roll1] +3 is included
Damage
[roll2]

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-05, 05:12 PM
Hearing Shakan shout to the drow, Tikhon perked up. "I do believe I'll leave these last two in your capable hands, comrades." He makes his way around to Shakan's location, avoiding the zombies, and when within reach conjures up one last orb of sound to fling at the hellhound. Don't I just feel like a one-trick pony.

Ranged Touch: [roll0] (10 normal, 1 PBS, 3 luck/morale, I don't think it's in melee)
Damage: [roll1]
Tumble check, if necessary, but I did try to avoid making one: [roll2]

Mordokai
2009-08-05, 05:29 PM
With a horrifying jump, Seamus drops from above, cleaving the other rager in half. As the blood splatters him and Milen, the latter is already moving towards the zombies and upon reaching them, his blade fells the first one. On the other side, Jett disposes of the last still standing zombie with his trusty morningstar. The last combatant still standing is the hell hound and he is quickly dispatched by one of the Tikhon's trusty orbs.

At that moment, the drow woman you saw before the fight started appears again and she is obviously angry. She shouts something at you and Jett can once again understand that she is calling Lolth's disfavor upon your group. She waves her hands at Shakan and he feels something gnawing at the base of his mind. When that is over, the woman pulls her weapon and shield and beacons you. Looks like she will rather risk her life facing you, rather than fleeing.

Shakan, give me a DC 18 Will save or become Confused.
You've managed to kill every enemy, save the priestess. Remember, moving up the slope costs two squares of movement and she is currently about 50 feet away from you, around 20 of those up the slope.

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-05, 08:46 PM
Seamus moves closer to the drow, but sees that he can't quite reach her and draws a javelin, hurling it at the vile priestess.

Actions:

Last round for Shifting active. I double checked, and there is no penalty once the duration runs out.

Hmm, just noticed that if something slows movement then you can't charge. I'm guessing Milen will get to redo his turn?

Move: Move 35 ft closer to the cleric (speed is 40), sheathing one kukri and drawing a javelin.
Standard: Throw the javelin at the cleric
[roll0]
[roll1]

Stats:

M CG Human Warblade/Bloodclaw Master, Level 6/3, Init +3, HP 53/78, Speed 40
Condition None
Low Light Vision

Darius
2009-08-06, 01:41 AM
Jett Darkwalker

The cleric moves as quickly as he can up the hill (I am going to assume double move of 80 will get him next to her).

ooc:
10 Temp Hit Points,
immune to fear,
immune to poison, and

Stat Block

Init = 7

HP 72/53
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

Killerloop
2009-08-06, 08:13 AM
Will save [roll0]

Killerloop
2009-08-06, 10:57 AM
Will save [roll0] : posting error, sorry :(

Shakan ego boasting stopped for a second, and he stared at the drow woman with his eyes wide open.

*She.. almost.. made it, whatever that spell was I barely resisted. And still I feel a little whazy * thought the sorcerer, knowing that he owed this to the fine ale he drank at the feast this morning.

That was only a split second. This time not even whispering a word out of place Shakan began chanting in Celestial and after a couple second two swirling mass of fire formed into his hands.

He paused, the spell not yet completed and waited.

*A extra gift for you, bitch*

A couple words in Abyssal and the flames darkened becaming black as night.

Shakan casts a Fell Drain Scorching Ray at the priestess.
1st ranged touch attack [roll0]
2st ranged touch attack [roll1]

1st damage [roll2] + 1 negative level
2st damage [roll3] + 1 negative level
I guess that even if she gets hit by both rays she will get only 1 neglevel

1st defeat SR [roll4]
2st defeat SR [roll5]

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-06, 06:02 PM
Watching the drow beckon at them, Tikhon laughs. "That a challenge, darling? We'll play it your way, methinks. Here's to not wasting another spell on you." Raising his sword in a mock salute, he sprints towards her, moving to flank her across from Jett.

Ran, so that should be plenty of movement to get there. And alas, no Dex to AC for me…

Falconknight06
2009-08-07, 01:15 PM
That shield won't do you much good Milen will say, as he draws his enormous bow and fires at the drow woman

Attack Roll
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

+4 dmg if evil outsider
+2 dmg if lawful outsider

If I hit, she counts as being flanked by me until my next turn

Falconknight06
2009-08-07, 01:18 PM
Possible Critical
Confirm
[roll0]
Damage if succesful
Original Damage +[roll1]

Mordokai
2009-08-07, 02:09 PM
Looking around herself and seeing all of her troops dead, the drow priestess decides to change her tactic. Waving her hands once again, a slight breeze can be felt around her... and as she lowers her hands, she takes a walk... to the air. Before your very eyes, she walks into the air, as if there were invisible stairs leading away. She stops at above the same height as Shakan, who wastes no time to blast her with spells. But this time, his magic only bounces from her dark skin, leaving no mark on her. She gives him a cruel smile, but at the same time, Seamus throws a javelin at her. At the last second, she parries it with her shield, but that leaves her wide open to Milen's attack. He wastes no time, sending an arrow that punctures her side. Her eyes widen, but she remains... floating.

She is still alive, we continue as normal.

Killerloop
2009-08-07, 02:51 PM
Shakan returned the smile with a stern but calm glare

"You lose" said the sorcerer beginning his chant in Celestial and pointing the fingers of both hands towards the priestess.

He was totally focused now, the risk taken against her last attack earned Shakan respect, but of course, not his pity.

Then suddenly he ripped the air, the motion resembling someone ripping cloths from another person.

"...DISPEL!" shouted Shakan.

Shakan casts a targeted Dispel Magic at the sorceress

some dispel checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Falconknight06
2009-08-07, 03:35 PM
It would seem you're much less of a warrior than you let on the warforged says, firing two arrows in quick succession.

Full Attack
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]
[roll3]

Also, because I hit last turn, she counts as flanked to our rogue friend (I forgot I need to designate who gets the flanking)

Same thing this turn if I hit

Falconknight06
2009-08-07, 03:37 PM
Second Attack was a possible crit
[roll0]
If Confirmed
Damage from above + [roll1]

Mordokai
2009-08-07, 03:52 PM
Shakan's spell once again doesn't seem to be having desired effect this time as well. The drow closes with him and chants some dark verses of her own this time. However, as the does this, Milen's arrows strike her again, driving deep in her flesh. Her eyes widen and she lets one last word leave her bloody lips. Even Shakan can understand that it's the name of her dark godess. With that, her now lifeless body starts plummeting down, magic no longer holding it aloft. She lands at Jett's feet with a sickening crunch, her limbs at unnatural angles.

It is finally over.

Shakan, Fort DC 17. We'll take it from there.
Loot time! :smallbiggrin: Once you get your loot and do anything else you want we continue. Everybody please give me your HP as well.
I decided to speed it up, even if Milen is pretty much the last in initiative order. Hope the rest of you guys don't mind that too much.

Killerloop
2009-08-07, 04:09 PM
Fortitude: [roll0]

HP: 49 base + 10 from feast = 59
lost in combat: 17, considering fast healing 1.
Current HP: 42, but if fast healing persists I will be maxed in 30 seconds :smallwink:

Shakan felt again the grip of an evil god upon him, but this time he was prepared and shrugged off the curse, or whatever it was, easily.

"Damn it!! That dark bitch seemed almost immune to my magic!!"

He floats down slowly, and begin searching the body of the female drow for useful things with very little respect.

"I'll take a look at this black cow, if u guys can check her comrades it will speed things up"

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-07, 04:29 PM
Seamus' form changes from tiger-like back to normal as the fight ends. He goes over to where the drow warriors and formerly undead giants lay and searches the bodies for anything of value.

Seamus is currently at 54/78 and climbing, due to the Lesser Vigor from our kind cleric.

Falconknight06
2009-08-07, 05:53 PM
Milen looks down at himself after the fight. Large dents are in his armor along with multiple deep gouges. I'm not sure I've got much more in me

Milen took 62 damage, so his 81 hp +10 temp hp-62 damage=29 hp

Mordokai
2009-08-07, 06:49 PM
Shakan sets to searching the dead priestess's body. He is very much pleased with what he finds.

I'm just going to assume you guys have the corresponding skills and/or spells. If not, the hospice lends you a help with that, seeing you pretty much saved their entire establishment.

On her body, she carries a +1 light steel shield, masterwork dagger, light mace, gloves of Dexterity +2, periapt of Wisdom +2, ring of protection +1 and onyx stones. Appraise them if you wish. She also keeps on herself a wand of cure moderate wounds(33 charges).

Of particular interest on the priestess are three items. First and more prominent is her armor. It is very much of drow design, seeing it has a large spider painted on the chest and web pattern all over, however, that is not all. It is obviously magical in nature((+1 mithral shirt)), but there is an odd aura to it. It appears as if the bits of shadow float around it and surround it, suggesting it there's more to it then it meets an eye. Clearly, a more powerful magic will be needed to divulge everything. Or maybe if you could find a reputable sage...

After closer inspection, Shakan also finds the following items of interest. First is an unsigned letter, carried in a scroll case. Deciding to take a look at it, it reads as follows.

Styx Oarsman

It is as you expected. A source here confirms that the godess is on the move. Attack and kill her enemies without pause or mercy.

I've learned the location of a portal for you. It leads from the marketplace of this great city into a set of caverns situated in an underpopulated area of the Material Plane. I do not know if it works both ways.

I shall continue to find out more informations and leave it for you at the Oarsman. Have your messenger present this letter.

At the side of the letter, like written in haste, is a small note.

A bent piece of iron works - a horseshoe or a lizard britle.

The last item Shakan finds is what appears to be the journal of the drow priestess. From the looks of it, this is a journal of one Lithara Lolthblessed. In it, she wrote about herself, her activities, her worship and broader topics. She details the worship of Lolth, the religion, rites and services. The journal also reveals a wealth of information about political and social life among the drow of upper classes. In the last entry, she writes:

Rule-of-Three of Sigil intrigues me as few others have. As he would say: a riddle, an enigma, a puzzle. Regardless of his ultimate loyalty(imposible to determine), he would make a fine sacrifice to honor the Spider Queen.

((Anybody consulting the journal gets a +2 circumstance bonus on K(religion) and K(nobility and royalty) checks that pertain to drow.))

Compared to Shakan, Seamus founds a poor loot indeed. Both ragers wear a magical armor((+1 breastplate)), and a few magical weapons((+1 greataxe, masterwork composite longbow(+2 STR bonus) with four adamantine arrows, four cold iron arrows and 4 silvered arrows.)) Each rager also carried a couple of potions on him((2 potions of CMW and 2 potions of lesser restoration.)). Zombies carried nothing but stinky greatclubs and they look like they've seen some use.

You decide what to do with Milen now. If you wish you can take a rest and try to fix him. Or you can decide to go right after the drow, in which case give me Survival check.
We continue in the morning.

Killerloop
2009-08-07, 07:41 PM
"I cannot correctly determine the magical properties of this armor" said a puzzled Shakan "my master used to have a spell to do such things but I do not, so we need to find a scroll or a mage who can cast it for us"

"The other items are easier to classify..."

[Explain to the group]

"...so, before taking the next step it is better if we share the loot. I would like to get the gloves or the periapt, other items are of no interest to me. Except for the potions which, if u don't have anything against, are "common goods" .... who needs it gets it. period."

Falconknight06
2009-08-07, 08:19 PM
I could use the gloves Milen will say, his jaw making a scraping sound as he talks because of its misplacement after the battle.

Darius
2009-08-08, 12:34 PM
Jett Darkwalker

Jett listens to the others and asks the man of metal, "Since my healing doesn't seem to help, perhaps a bit more powerful magic will."

ooc: Using healing belt (only apply half)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

"That seems to help. If you want me to use the wand, I can as well." Jett looks at the items and says, "Other than the wand, which appears to be only needed for Milen. We should consider how each of the items can be best used."

+1 light steel shield,
masterwork dagger,
light mace
gloves of Dexterity +2
periapt of Wisdom +2
ring of protection +1
onyx stones
wand of cure moderate wounds(33 charges)
+1 breastplate x2
+1 greataxe x2
masterwork composite longbow(+2 STR bonus) x2
8 adamantine arrows,
8 cold iron arrows
8 silvered arrows
2 potions of CMW
2 potions of lesser restoration

Stat Block

HP 72/53
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

Killerloop
2009-08-08, 12:45 PM
"Told you, I am not interested in the martial equipment" said Shakan "If Milen wants the gloves I'll happily take the periapt"

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-08, 01:50 PM
Looking over the supply of loot and at his allies, Tikhon crosses his arms and sighs. "Obviously our resident archer should take those gloves, as well as any arrows he can carry, and if so Seamus or Shakan the periapt. Either of them could use some more willpower, if we are to be shaking off the enchantments of these elves. And seeing as the only one lacking a ring of this particular type would be the cleric…again, our path is clear, unless he objects. As well the wand. And the potions doled out to anyone but him. The rest, sell, should we be able to find buyers before the weight of lugging it around proves too much. And onyx…hmm."

Knowledge (arcana) [roll0] and/or Spellcraft [roll1] check to determine what onyx stones are the material components for.

Falconknight06
2009-08-08, 02:12 PM
Thank you for the healing my newfound friend Milen will say, as the scratches on his body seem to disappear and the dents in his armor become less noticeable. As for the arrows, I can take them all if there are no objections. This quiver of mine can hold much more than it looks like it can.

Killerloop
2009-08-08, 02:27 PM
I'll take my check at the onyx stones too:

Knowledge (arcana): [roll0]
Spellcraft: [roll1]

Killerloop
2009-08-08, 03:50 PM
"So be it then, I'll get the periapt. The potions should be party goods, I already have one in my pack and is 'battlefield dogma' that eveyone of us carry one to drink or pour in the mouth of the fallen to save them from death clutches. I'm pretty sure you martial guys know this well. Other than this do what you like with the martial items, the surplus we will sell at the first occasion"

Shakan places the periapt on his head, and blinks for a few moment... then stands still looking at some point in the distance.

Mordokai
2009-08-08, 04:02 PM
Shakan and Tikhon both know that onyx stones can be used in necromantic arts, for rising bodies of the dead.

After spliting the gains from the fights, you decide to look around, to see if you can find any signs from where Lithara and her mooks came. Surprisingly, the tracks are easy to find and not much harder to follow. The zombies were big and heavy and left quite a trail behind them, making it easy to backtrack the route where they came from.

After following it for about three hours, you notice a small hillock with an opening. The cave entrance is about 10 feet across and shows signs of fresh use, as if several creatures, some of them quite big, from the looks of it, have recently passed through. A tunnel leands in. Its width varies between 10 and 15 feet. It curves back and forth until, after about 60 feet, it opens into a larger area. First thing you see after coming into the cave are two drows, mounted on large lizards. It's obvious they weren't expecting you, but they quickly compose themselves, bellowing a challenge to you in their dark language as they charge.

Roll initiative.

You are at the west side of what appears to be a large, natural cave. About 20 feet away from you see another steep slope, about 20 feet high. The cave has a chasm, that also looks natural and is about 5 feet wide across. The drow and lizards start on the other side of the chasm. After the riders you see that there are two ways, obviously leading deeper into the cave.

Killerloop
2009-08-08, 04:08 PM
Initiative: [roll0] it is actually +7, non +6 sorry

Killerloop
2009-08-08, 04:15 PM
Shakan reflex were quick, and he was already preparing a spell when the drow noticed the party presence. A meteor was forming on his hands while he was chanting.

"...FIREBALL!! and hello" said the sorcerer, coldly

Shakan tries to hit both drows

Fireball damage: [roll0]
To defeat SR drow 1: [roll1] natural 1 rulez
To defeat SR drow 2: [roll2]
To defeat SR lizard 1: [roll3]
To defeat SR lizard 2: [roll4]

After this Shakan moves 30 feet far from the drows, nighteyes flyes up 30 feet

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-08, 04:44 PM
Initiative:[roll0]

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-08, 09:02 PM
Seamus shakes his head when asked if he would use any of the gear. "I don't need most of that stuff, and I"m not about to put on that armor before we know more about it. I'll carry some of the junk until we can sell it."

As they enter the cave, he sees more drow and smiles. "I'm already glad that I came on this little trip. This ought to be fun."

[roll0]

Darius
2009-08-09, 01:42 AM
Jett Darkwalker

[roll0]

10 Temp Hit Points,
immune to fear,
immune to poison, and

HP 72/53
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

Falconknight06
2009-08-09, 02:00 AM
Initiative
[roll0]

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-09, 01:37 PM
Seamus enters a stance that puts him in a position to capitalize on any solid blows he lands, then moves toward the drow.

Actions:

Swift: Enter Blood in the Water stance. Gain untyped +1 to attack and damage for every crit. Bonuses drop to 0 if I don't crit for 1 minute. Due to Tiger Claw Synergy class ability, gain +10 ft untyped bonus to speed while in a Tiger Claw stance, which Blood in the Water is.

If closest drow is within 50 ft of Seamus:
Move: Move up to 50 ft to get adjacent to one of the drow. +22 to Jump means that I don't have to roll to get over the 5ft chasm.
Standard: Use Death from Above manuever. Auto-succeed on the DC 20 Jump check, opponent is considered flat-footed for this attack, and I do 4d6 extra damage. I land adjacent to the opponent, preferably on the far side of him from the party to set up a possible flank.
[roll0]
[roll1] and [roll2] physical, and [roll3] electricity damage

[roll4]
[roll5] physical

If the drow are farther than 50 feet but within 80 feet:
Move: Move 50 feet closer, +22 Jump check to get over the chasm, and draw a javelin
Standard: Throw a javelin at the nearest drow
[roll6]
[roll7]

If drow are farther than 80 feet away:
Move: Move 50 feet closer
Standard: Ready an action to use Death From Above maneuver if charged.

Stats:

M CG Human Warblade/Bloodclaw Master, Level 6/3, Init +3, HP 78/78, Speed 40
AC 23, Touch 16, Flat-footed 20, Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +7, Base Attack Bonus +8/+3
+1 Mithral Shirt (+5 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect, +2 Misc)
Condition None
Low Light Vision

Darius
2009-08-09, 11:44 PM
Jett Darkwalker

ooc: Since Jett is most likely last, I will wait until he sees what happens before I post.

10 Temp Hit Points,
immune to fear,
immune to poison, and

INIT: 0

HP 72/53
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-10, 06:12 PM
This not entirely what I signed up for. Well…here we go again. He shapes another sphere of acid, firing at one of the lizard's eyes, then shouts, "Hey!" staring back into the tunnel behind the drow. Hoping it would buy him a couple of seconds, he ducks back into the tunnel from which he came, pressing himself up against the wall and attempting to conceal himself at least slightly from viewers in the cavern.

If I act before the drow, they're flat-footed, so I get SA: Ranged Touch: [roll0] Orb damage: [roll1] SA damage: [roll2] Bluff check: [roll3] Hide check: [roll4]
Aaand I completely forgot to add my attack bonus. So that's +10 to the Ranged Touch.

Falconknight06
2009-08-11, 02:42 PM
Well, if nothing else I'm getting target practice in Milen will say as he draws his bow and knocks a cold iron arrow, letting it fly at one of drows on a lizard.

Attack Roll
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
+4 dmg if evil outsider
+2 dmg if lawful outsider

Zipding
2009-08-11, 03:21 PM
The drow closest to you raises a bow and arrow at Seamus, releasing two shots. The first shot grazes his arm before thudding into the wall behind him. The other drow pull out a spiked chain and begins to swing it menacingly.

Just as the arrow sliced Seamus, Shakan launched his fireball at the drow. His concentration waned for a second as the fire seemed to not damage the drow. The lizard could not react fast enough, getting the full blast of the spell, it is still alive, but seems to be completely out of energy, hardly even to stand with its rider.

Milen moves to fire on the drow and with expert aim, manages to pierce the drow's hand. It casually rips it out and tosses it aside as Milen prepares for an assault.

Tikhol forms an acid orb behind Milen and flings it towards the drow succeeding in burning him. The drow then glares at Tikhol as he retreats into the tunnel. The drow is obviously injured as the acid burns away the skin on his arm.

Seamus moves forward, but the drow is just too far away, so he prepares for when the lizards jump over the pit.

Both lizards jump the pit with relative ease, the closer lizard attacks Seamus, biting at him. Seamus manages to avoid the bite, having the lizard bite his kukri instead. The other lizard moves 40ft closer to everyone.

Jett observes what is going on and readies himself for where ever he is needed.

OOC, Seamus takes 2 points of damage

Killerloop
2009-08-11, 03:32 PM
OOC: I do not get the situation correctly.
Both drow flew and we are currently facing a badly wounded lizard and a fresh one?

Zipding
2009-08-11, 03:41 PM
OOC: The drow are riding the lizards

Killerloop
2009-08-11, 04:00 PM
Seeing they are already taking the advantage Shakan decides for a more cautious course of action.

Shakan casts Mirror Image. Images created: [roll0]

Zipding
2009-08-11, 04:07 PM
OOC: Where are Shakan's mirror images placed?

Killerloop
2009-08-11, 04:20 PM
OOC: Supposing Shakan is the "S" and X are images: XXSXX, each one in the nearest square

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-11, 08:55 PM
Seamus shrugs off the pain and unleashed a furious assault on the drow in front of him.

Actions:

Any crits add an untyped +1 to attack and damage rolls for the subsequent attacks due to my stance.
Full round: Full attack on drow rider.
[roll0]
[roll1] physical and [roll2] electricity damage

[roll3]
[roll4] physical damage

[roll5]
[roll6] physical and [roll7] electricity damage

Swift action: Use Dancing Mongoose to make 2 more attacks at my highest bonus. If the drow is still alive these both are at him, otherwise they're both at the lizard.

[roll8]
[roll9] physical and [roll10] electricity damage

[roll11]
[roll12] physical damage

... attack rolls of 10, 2, 4, 8, and 1. Wow let's hope that's not a sign of things to come.

Stats:

M CG Human Warblade/Bloodclaw Master, Level 6/3, Init +3, HP 77/78, Speed 40
AC 23, Touch 16, Flat-footed 20, Fort +13, Ref +12, Will +7, Base Attack Bonus +8/+3
Condition None
Low Light Vision

Falconknight06
2009-08-11, 09:00 PM
Where's the map? I don't know who or what is close enough to attack

Darius
2009-08-12, 12:00 AM
Jett Darkwalker

Jett moves to close with the spiked chainwielding drow, and provokes an AoO as he slips to within the drow's reach.

After the attack, he returns with his own [roll0]; [roll1]

10 Temp Hit Points,
immune to fear,
immune to poison, and

HP 72/53
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-12, 07:07 PM
Tikhon takes three things from his belt; a pouch of flour, twine, and a tindertwig. He ties a short length of twine - maybe six inches - to the flour, hefting the bag in his hand, then peers out at in the cavern, sizing up the situation.

I'm not actually sure how long this takes - taking things out of the belt is a move action, so I'm hoping it's just the one round, but it may be longer.

Falconknight06
2009-08-12, 07:54 PM
Spinning that chain around seems dangerous Milen will say putting away his bow and drawing his Greatsword, moving so he can attack the Drow's chain next round.

Zipding
2009-08-12, 08:54 PM
The drow riding the lizard in front of Seamus drops his bow to swing his spiked chain at the human. He caused a light gash on Seamus' shoulder as the drow brings the chain down on him. The other drow continues to swing his chain as he evaluates the situation.

Shortly afterwords, 4 images of Shakan appear, flanking his real body.

Milen moves closer to the other drow, drawing his sword while doing so.

Tikhon prepares the materials for his next spell while watching what is going on.

Seamus shrugs off the the blow the drow dealt and returned it back tenfold. In a flurry of blows that could not be seen by the human eye, he swung his kukri in two arcs that sliced the head off of the drow and sliced the drow in half. The three pieces of drow fell to the ground around the lizard as Seamus readies himself for his next barrage.

The lizard in front of Seamus as it bit and and clawed at Seamus. The bite was successful in making it past Seamus' defense, biting into his leg ripping a small amount of flesh away. Even after having some of his leg ripped away, he still easily blocked the lizard's claws. The other lizard moved and moved to bite the warforged. The lizard's bite bounced harmlessly against the metal body.

As Jett moved and attacked the drow, both the lizard and the drow attacked him to keep him away. Jett used his morningstar to deflect the chain and the lizard's bite was hindered by the armour. Avoiding both attacks, Jett manages to connect his morningstar with drow flesh as he fractured a small bone in the drow's hand.

OOC: Seamus takes 14 points of damage

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-12, 09:34 PM
Seamus gives a cry of victory as he eviscerates the drow in front of him. He decides to stay and finish off the lizard his opponent had been riding just moments ago.

Actions:

Standard: Use Sapphire Nightmare Blade maneuver. I make a Concentration check with DC = Lizard's AC. If I succeed, it's flat-footed for this attack and I get an extra 1d6 damage. If I fail, I get -2 to attack and no bonus damage.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] physical, and [roll3] electricity damage

If that killed the lizard:
Move 50ft closer to the remaining drow, trying to get adjacent

If the lizard is still alive:
No move action.

Stats:

M CG Human Warblade/Bloodclaw Master, Level 6/3, Init +3, HP 64/78, Speed 40
Condition None
Low Light Vision

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-12, 09:37 PM
Seamus' kukri manages to bite deep into the lizard's hide, ripping into the flesh beneath.

Possible crit, with or without the -2 penalty I'm betting a 35 hits.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-12, 09:38 PM
Whoops, forgot the extra 1d6 damage if the Concentration check succeeds.

[roll0]

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-12, 09:39 PM
Grrr....

[roll0]

Killerloop
2009-08-13, 02:18 AM
Seeing that the team is on the brink of victory Shakan prepares a simple spell to defeat the remaining drow.

He begins chanting, and in an instant his hand glow with ice coloured energy, everyone near him can feel the cold energy radiating from it. Two seconds later he flings the sphere at the drow

Shakan casts Lesser Orb of Cold at the remaining drow.

Ranged touch attack [roll0] it is 12, I forgot a +1 morale bonus from feast
No SR allowed

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-13, 09:46 PM
Having poked his head into the cavern to see, Tikhon shrugs, glancing at the contraption in his hand. Guess I didn't need that. He steps out, aiming at the lizard whose rider Shakan had previously targeted.

We know the drill…

Ranged Touch Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Darius
2009-08-13, 11:10 PM
Jett Darkwalker

As quiet as a shadow, Jett says nothing as he continues his onslaught on the drow with his full attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

If above attack drops the drow, he will attack the lizard.
[roll2]
[roll3]

10 Temp Hit Points,
immune to fear,
immune to poison, and

Stats:

HP 72/53
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

Falconknight06
2009-08-14, 10:19 AM
Now let's see if we can't do something about that chain Milen will say, catching the drow's chain in mid swing with a mighty blow

Sunder attempt, Power Attack for five
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
Adamantine Greatsword

Zipding
2009-08-14, 11:16 AM
The remaining drow sees the giant metal man more dangerous than the dark cleric. So it swings its spiked chain at him twice. The first swing manages to cause a minor dent in the breastplate. The other swing is wide and Milen grabs it.

Shakan pulls into the main cave with his images still flanking him, he creates an orb of extreme cold and sends it towards the drow. The orb is easily dodged by the drow, but it came close to him.

Milen brings his greatsword in a mighty swing onto the drow's chain. The force of his strike causes the chain to simply shatter. The drow has a shocked face when it sees his main weapon shatter so simply.

Tikhon also moves into the main cave and casts an orb of fire at the drow. The orb hits it in the chest and begins to burn his flesh.

Seamus finishes the lizard by stabbing his kukri through the lizards head. The strike is stong enough that his kukri points out the back of the lizards head. He rips out his Kukri and runs to the other lizard rider.

The last lizard in a last ditch effort, bites and claws at Milen. The bite misses Milen as he sidesteps the beast. The first claw attack bounces harmlessly against the metal body, but it's other claw does indeed cause another minor dent in Milen's body.

Jett, seeing the drow is weakened, swings his morningstar at him. The shot is lethal as Jett's morningstar hits the drow in the chest. The drow's eyes roll backward as he collapses to the floor behind the lizard. Jett sees no other target in the room, so he swings his weapon upon the lizard, causing no lethal wounds, but also no non-lethal.

OOC: Milen takes 14 points of damage

Darius
2009-08-14, 10:22 PM
Jett Darkwalker

The cleric of the darkone continues his assault.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

10 Temp Hit Points,
immune to fear,
immune to poison, and

Stats:

HP 72/53
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

Killerloop
2009-08-15, 04:09 AM
"That lizard won't last long, no point in wasting power on it" said Shakan in an arrogant way while preparing to fling a low level spells at it.

Shakan casts Acid splash at the lizard

Ranged Touch: [roll0]

Falconknight06
2009-08-15, 10:35 AM
You're such an unpleasant creature Milen says to the lizard as he swings his sword at its head.

Attacking, Power Attacking for 5
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
Second Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]

Falconknight06
2009-08-15, 10:37 AM
Possible Crit
Roll to Confirm
[roll0]
If Succesful, above damage +
[roll1]

Zipding
2009-08-16, 02:29 PM
Shakan quickly analyzes the situation, he sees that he and the rest easily have the upper hand. Instead of using one of his more powerful spells, he casts a simple spell that any sorceror can cast. The acid splash was highly ineffective, but still causing an incredibly minor wound.

After Shakan's spell, 9 creatures appear. They look like a cross between a large human and a huge vulture. It has strong, sinewy limbs covered with small gray feathers, a long neck topped with a vulture head, and vast feathered wings. Two of them appear flanking Shakan and Tikhon, forcing them at the entrance to the cave. One appears on the twenty foot pillar in front of the chasm. Four more appear surrounding the melee fighters. The final two appear between the two groups. The creatures shudder for a second before seed-like objects appear from their bodies and implant themselves into everyone's bodies. When they implant in Shakan's body, it causes a minor wound, but he feels them growing inside of him. Tikhon similarily takes little damage from the seeds being implanted and can feel them growing inside of him too. Seamus feels the seeds a bit more as they enter his body. The seeds simply bounce off of Milen's metal body. Jett feels the seeds the most as they burrow very deep before stopping and beginning to grow.

Milen brings his sword down onto the lizard's head before turning his attention to the new threat.

Tikhon is surprised as to what just appeared and prepares himself for the onslaught.

Seamus and Jett move so that they are back to back facing the new enemy.

OOC: Shakan takes 1 point of damage, Tikhon takes 2 points of damage, Seamus takes 5 points of damage, Jett takes 7 points of damage.

Killerloop
2009-08-16, 03:29 PM
Initiative if required: [roll0]

They managed to hit me fair and square despite the mirror images I created? :smallconfused:

"Damnit, what are they doing?" said the sorcerer feeling the minor wound.

Confident in the disguise created by the mirror image spell he fully concentrated on the spell he wants to casts.
The result were flames that engulfed both his hands, and as he did before, he chanted the last words of power in a dark tongue and the flames darkened in a heartbeat.

Shakan casts a Fell Drain Scorching Ray at the beast near him, I didn't cast defensively so I guess the beast gets an AOO. Both rays aimed at the same foe.

1st ray ranged touch attack: [roll1]
2nd ray ranged touch attack: [roll2]

1st damage: [roll3] + 1 negative level
2nd damage: [roll4] + 1 negative level

1st SR penetration if required: [roll5]
2nd SR penetration if required: [roll6]

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-16, 05:51 PM
Tikhon snarls, flinching slightly. "What the…" He strikes the tindertwig against the stone, lighting the end of the twine on fire.

Alas, lighting a tindertwig is a standard action. Which means I can't throw it yet.

Darius
2009-08-17, 09:14 AM
Jett Darkwalker

Jett looks at the creatures and thinks about what he knows about them.

[roll0]

ooc: Please see OOC thread for question regarding what just happened.

10 Temp Hit Points,
immune to fear,
immune to poison, and

Stats:

HP 72/53
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-17, 09:28 AM
Seamus glares his hatred at these new creatures before leaping into the air with incredible grace and slashing at one of the monsters in mid-air.

Actions:

Standard: Death From Above maneuver. Critter is flat-footed and I deal an extra 4d6 dmg.
[roll0]
[roll1] and [roll2] physical, plus [roll3] electricity damage.

[roll4]
[roll5]

No move.

Stats:

M CG Human Warblade/Bloodclaw Master, Level 6/3, Init +3, HP 60/78, Speed 40

Falconknight06
2009-08-18, 12:33 PM
[roll0] to find out what the creatures are

Zipding
2009-08-18, 01:20 PM
Shakan reacts quickly to the new threat, casting one of his more powerful spells again. The creatures attack him while he is casting, but one misses and the other hits one of his mirror images. He sends a ray at both of the enemies. The first one at the entrance to the tunnel fades and disapears when the ray hits it. The other ray successfully hits the beast, but it manages to resist most of the damage, but its energy is still drained.

The creature then brings its full rage down onto Shakan. All of the others attack as well. They begin their onslaught with claws, followed by a bite and then strikes out with its talons. The first claw attack on Shakan manages to miss him and take out one of his mirrors. The second attack also misses him causes another image to disapear. It then reaches forward and manages to rip out part of Shakan's shoulder. The look of surprise on Shakan's face was easily seen. As it lashed out with its talons, the first one manages to rip into his leg. The final strike also manages to make it past Shakan's defences. It's final talon slices across Shakan's chest. It is not deep enough to cause organ damage though. The one on the pillar flies down to the ground into the middle as one of the ones flies to the tunnel and merges with the one that attacked Shakan. Almost immediatly afterwords, it reapeared and flanked the two spell casters. The four surrounding Jett, Seamus and Milen all attacked with all of their attacks, but they all missed.

Milen shouts out to everyone what these creatures are. He tells them that they are vrocks, a type of demon.

Tikhon begins to use the contraption he made earlier, to use on the vrocks.

Seamus switches one of his kukri's and leaps high into the air, bringing both down onto the vrocks head. Unfortunatly, it shimmers when it is hit, and disapears.

Jett also yells out what these are, adding a bit more information to what Milen told everyone else

OOC: Shakan takes 27 points of damage

Falconknight06
2009-08-18, 02:15 PM
Milens eyes glow with a red light, his main function kicking in. You shall leave this plane at once! as he brings his sword down on the closest creatures head.

Yay, finally one of my favored enemies
Power Attack for 5 so +15 damage because of favored power attack
[roll0]

Damage if hit
[roll1]
And Evil Outsider bane sword
[roll2]

Killerloop
2009-08-18, 02:23 PM
"AAAAAHH!" shouted Shakan, the wound was terrific and blood was everywhere. He couldn't believe his defenses had fallen that easy.

Fear and sweat become a reality on Shakan mind and body.

*They fly, so I can't overcome them by taking the air. They are already engaging me. I could try to annihilate one with my best necromancy but... and anyway I would be defenseless. No way, I have to protect myself* thought the sorcerer

So he concentrated, trying to recall the correct spell to mind while taking an eye on the demons moves and trying to be as evasive as he can.

Defensive Casting Mirror Image vs DC17: [roll0]
Images created: [roll1]

Then I use my move action to move towards the melee fighters.

Eventual Tumble Checks to avoid AOO vs DC15:

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

"A little help here? This stupid beast is keeping my strenght at bay!!"

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-18, 04:19 PM
Seamus glares as the monster he was attacking disappears, then his skin takes on the stripes of a tiger and his hands become claw-like. He steps up to another of the monsters and unleashes a rapid assault.

Actions:

Free: Shifting, +2 Str, lasts 5 rounds

If the nearest Vrock is within 5 ft of Seamus:
Move: 5ft step to get adjacent to the Vrock
Full round: Full attack
[roll0] (includes new Str score, and Evil Outsider Bane kukri
[roll1] and [roll2] physical

[roll3]
[roll4] (normally would add electricity, Vrocks are immune)

[roll5] (includes new Str score, and Evil Outsider Bane kukri
[roll6] and [roll7] physical

If the nearest Vrock is farther than 5ft away and within 40ft:
Move: Move up to 40ft to get adjacent to the Vrock, Tumbling to avoid AoO
[roll8]
Standard: Soaring Raptor Strike maneuver. Can only be used vs an opponent larger than me. Make a Jump check with DC = Opponent's AC. If successful, gain +4 to attack and deal an extra 6d6 dmg. Vrocks have 22 AC, I have +23 Jump.

[roll9] (includes new Str score, and Evil Outsider Bane kukri
[roll10] and [roll11] physical (2d6 from bane, 6d6 from maneuver)

Stats:

M CG Human Warblade/Bloodclaw Master, Level 6/3, Init +3, HP 66/78, Speed 40
Abilities Str 18, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 6
Condition None
Low Light Vision

Darius
2009-08-18, 04:40 PM
Jett Darkwalker

Thinking something is rotten in Drow-mark, Jett cannot believe that one hit would take down a vrock like this.

Disbelieving the vrocks are real - they must be illusory.

[roll0]

10 Temp Hit Points,
immune to fear,
immune to poison, and

Stats:

HP 65/53 (-7 taken if illusionary)
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-18, 04:51 PM
Tikhon drops into a roll, gingerly holding the improvised bomb, and runs to the two vrocks between him and the casters where he tumbles past them again - dropping the flour by them. As he comes out of the roll, he spins around and aims at the vrock that had been behind him with a simple spell - no use wasting one for a mere illusion, after all.

Tumble: [roll0]
Second Tumble: [roll1]
If I actually need a third tumble: [roll2]
(Tried to tumble 5 ft out of threatened square, tumble 5 ft past other vrocks and move normally up to 10 feet as needed - am uncertain as to whether this would work.)
Ranged Touch: [roll3]
Acid Splash Damage: [roll4]

If I don't get out of the way in time:
Reflex save: [roll5]

Zipding
2009-08-18, 06:35 PM
Shakan begins to cast his spell when the vrock brings its claw down onto him, brutally slicing his shoulder open. He successfully manages to create more images of himself and tumbles past the demon.

The vrocks look at the frail sorceror and decide to attack the human standing in front of them. One of the demon's claws slices up Tikhon's shoulder. It's bite rips out part of his arm and one of its talons rakes his chest. It also releases a mass of seeds that penetrate his skin, he is still concious, but barely. The two vrocks in between the spellcasters and melee fighters move in to hold up the majority of the party.

Milen roars and in a mighty swing, brings down his greatsword and gets a clean hit. The demon shimmers for a second, then disapears like the others.

Tikhon gingerly tumbles past the demon and before it realizes it, he sends a small amount of acid at it. The acid sizzles on its skin and it looks at him in irritation. It looks uninjured

Seamus swings his kukri's in a fury on another vrock, and like the one Milen hit, it shimmers and disapears.

Jett announces to everyone that most of these vrocks are just mirror images of the real one. Fortunatly, he can point out the real one as the one just hit by Tikhon's acid attack.

OOC: Shakan takes 17 points of damage, Tikhon takes 32

Killerloop
2009-08-19, 03:22 AM
OOC: How did it hit me?? I was casting defensively :smallconfused:

"Guys!! Stop playing with the air! That is the real one!" said Shakan, pointing at the demon that just wound him twice.

His cheeks grew red, and feeling a novice for not thinking it beforehand Shakan quickly launched a spell that would not leave any doubt on the true vrocks.

Shakan casts Magic Missile. 5 Missiles, one at each image

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-19, 07:01 AM
After seeing all of the imaginary Vrocks disappear, Seamus is finally able to focus his attention on a real enemy.

Actions:

If the closest real Vrock is within 20 ft of Seamus:
Move: Moving half speed, tumbling to avoid AoO. +17 Tumble means I don't have to roll.

If the closest real Vrock is farther than 20 ft but within 40 ft:
Move: Move up to 40 ft, tumbling to avoid AoO. [roll0]

EndIf

Standard: Attack once with Bane kukri
[roll1]
[roll2] and [roll3] physical damage

Swift: recover my expended maneuvers.

Stats:

M CG Human Warblade/Bloodclaw Master, Level 6/3, Init +3, HP 67/78, Speed 40
Condition None
Low Light Vision

Killerloop
2009-08-19, 01:04 PM
OOC: forget to roll damage for magic missile that targets the real one.

[roll0]
Spell pen: [roll1]

Falconknight06
2009-08-19, 02:20 PM
No more games or trickery you evil creatures! Milen yells as he charges the real Vrock.

Power Attack for -5 so +15 damage
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
[roll2] Evil Outsider Bane

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-20, 09:27 PM
Tikhon stays back at the wall, confident in his allies' ability to handle the vrock. He gingerly touches his wounds, wincing, and wishes he had been a little quicker, as he glances around for any more impending threats.

Darius
2009-08-20, 10:49 PM
Jett Darkwalker

Jett strikes with his cold-iron mace at the vrock.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

10 Temp Hit Points,
immune to fear,
immune to poison, and

Stats:

HP 65/53 (-7 taken if illusionary)
AC 35 (t22, f32)

Spells/Effects:
longstrider
heroes' feast
recitation
divine power
magic vestment x3
gr. magic weapon

Zipding
2009-08-21, 12:30 AM
Shakan has the best idea possible for eliminating the images. After a small incantation, five darts appear in his hands and fly at each of the vrocks. Four of them disappear on contact with the darts and the last one gets a minor burn on its arm.

It looks over its shoulder before retreating into the tunnel and after a small amount of concentration, five vrocks appear and merge and split off from each other.

Milen charges the army of vrocks, regardless of his own safety, the vrocks take a swing at him, successfully creating a minor dent in his shoulder. Milen uses this opportunity to bring his greatsword down onto the demon's wing, the force he used dealt considerable damage even after its own tough skin.

Tikhon leans against the closest wall and decides to stay out of the fight now.

Seamus tumbles past the vrocks and brings his kukri across the demon's front leg. It feels the wound as the kukri slices it open.

Jett also moves towards the vrock, managing to avoid its strike as he swings his morningstar into its hide. Unfortunately, the vrock's demonic skin prevents his strike from damaging it at all.

OOC: Milen takes 12 points of damage. Also, I ask everyone for a Fort save

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-21, 08:09 AM
Seamus unleashes a flurry of attacks, trying to get rid of images and find the real Vrock.

Actions:

3 rounds left for Shifting
Fort Save: [roll0]

Full round: Full attack, attacking a different Vrock with each until he finds the real one, then all remaining attacks on real one.
[roll1]
[roll2] and [roll3] physical damage

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7] and [roll8] physical damage

Stats:

Condition None
Low Light Vision

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-21, 08:18 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Zipding
2009-08-21, 11:17 PM
Shakan
Don't waste time with the air! Shakan reminds them and blasts the demon with scorching rays.

Ranged touch [roll0]

Ranged touch [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Zipding
2009-08-21, 11:19 PM
Shakan
OOC: Whoops, forgot the Fort save

[roll0]

Falconknight06
2009-08-22, 11:07 AM
Remember we're immune to poison, especially Milen, he's immune to a lot of things. Here's a fort save anyway though
[roll0]

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-23, 11:39 AM
Still taking Total Defense. There's not a ton I can do here.
Fort: [roll0]

Zipding
2009-08-25, 09:28 AM
Darius
Darius full attacks the vrock with his cold-iron morningstar

Fort save [roll0]

Attack 1
[roll1]

Crit confirm(if needed)
[roll2]

Damage
[roll3]

Attack 2
[roll4]

Crit confirm(if needed)
[roll5]

Damage
[roll6]

Zipding
2009-08-25, 09:35 AM
Shakan sends to scorching rays at the real vrock, despite both hitting, they seem to be relatively inneffective.

The vrock screeches so loudly that most people need to cover their ears. Shakan, Seamus, Tikhon and Jett fall to the ground as the sound almost penatrates their eardrums.

Milen stands at the ready, preparing to attack the demon

Tikhon is holding his ears, waiting for the pain to end

Seamus, likewise, is doing the same thing.

Jett is also holding his ears out of extreme pain.

OOC: Do warforged have negative health, please answer via OOC thread

Killerloop
2009-08-25, 09:52 AM
Shakan raised, barely. The demon was ripping them apart, his body shattered by demon claws, its companions almost incapacitated...

*This cannot be, I must find a way* thought the sorcerer, and recalled of his training done long years ago.

He finally remembered. He had one spell that can overcome the demoniac resistence of the vrock, it was a simple one but an old favorite... and maybe with a little negative energy flavor.

He began chanting, and evoked an orb of dark cold into his hands.

Shakan casts a Fell Drain Lesser Orb of Cold at the vrock

Ranged touch: [roll0]
damage: [roll1] + 1 negative level if at least 1 damage is dealt

No spell resistance allowed

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-25, 12:28 PM
Seamus finally shakes off the effects of the horrible screech and proceeds to punish the creature with an incredible leaping strike, followed by lightning quick jabs from both his weapons.

Actions:

2 rounds of shifting left

Move: move up to 25' to get adjacent to the vrock if not already there, Tumbling to avoid AoO auto-succeeds.
Standard: Soaring Raptor Strike, jump check auto-succeeds.
[roll0]
[roll1] plus [roll2] plus [roll3]

Swift: Dancing Mongoose, make an attack with each weapon at highest bonus
[roll4]
[roll5] plus [roll6]

[roll7]
[roll8]

Stats:

Condition None
Low Light Vision

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-25, 12:30 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Zipding
2009-08-25, 12:49 PM
Shakan lies helpless as the vrock seems to be on an unstopable rampage. Cursing himself at his uselessness right now as it feels his ears are exploding.

The vrock brings its claws down onto the metal man successfully crushing him into the ground and leaving him there. The demon cleaves into Seamus, making it past his defences easily. The claw sliced across his chest, but luckily, it was a shallow strike. The bite rips out part of Seamus' arm while the talons raked his chest as well. As a final attack, it releases the seeds again. Seamus feels them dig in deep, but to his luck, they don't begin to grow. Jett feels it a bit more, but again, they do not grow.

Milen lies on the ground, unable to fight anymore.

Tikhon remains at the back wall, avoiding all fighting.

Seamus unleashes a furious wave of strikes. Using some of his more powerful maneuvers, Seamus manages to stab the vrock through the chest. It screeches in complete agony as it fades away.

Jett relaxes now that the vrock is dead.

OOC: Milen takes 31 damage, Seamus takes 34 and Jett takes 3

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-25, 02:15 PM
Seamus looks at his companions and says, "Whew, that was quite a challenge, but I can't help wondering where that demon came from. It was awfully convenient for it to appear right as we finished off these latest drow, which makes me wonder if there isn't somebody else around. Let's make sure we're not being watched, then take a rest. Our magical friends have been through quite a bit today and must be running low on their reserves."

With that, he begins to search the bodies of the fallen drow for anything magical or potentially useful. (OOC: Taking 20 on Search for total of 21)

Killerloop
2009-08-25, 02:24 PM
"That's correct" said Shakan, slowly raising and offering the only healthy arm for his familiar Nighteyes to land. "Despite the morning feast is healing the wounds of my body fast I am feeling tired, and can't focus well in spellcasting."

"In one word: sleep, I need to sleep and... while that nice feast won't let him die we need to tend to our Warforged friend here"

Darius
2009-08-27, 03:09 PM
Jett Darkwalker

"That sounds like a good idea, but I think we need to be careful where we rest, for where there are drow, more will follow. Have any of you the means to create an extradimensional place of rest?"

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-27, 04:13 PM
Tikhon

"Not I…" He is slightly distracted by the sight of his flesh slowly knitting together, and looks up at Jett. "That was quite some feast you had there, by the way. We may as well return to the hostel; with luck, the drow were scared away for a while, and without luck, it is no more dangerous than staying here."

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-27, 04:41 PM
Seamus

Agreed. Jett, why don't you see to our metal friend there while we finish searching for anything useful and then we'll head back to the hostel."

Zipding
2009-08-27, 04:45 PM
After searching the bodies of the drow and lizards, Seamus finds quite a bit of equipment. On the drow he finds 3 potions of cure light wounds on each of the drow, +1 spiked chain, 2 longbows, 38 arrows, 2 sets of Gloves of Dexterity +2 and 2 chain shirts. Also, he noticed, when the vrock disapeared, it left a pair of boots and a cloak.(These are Boots of Elvenkind and Cloak of Elvenkind.)

OOC: Split up this gear in the OOC Thread.

Killerloop
2009-08-27, 07:24 PM
"Niiiice gloves, I could use a pair" said Shakan, happy to be alive and to have found a nice prize.

Master_Rahl22
2009-08-30, 02:37 PM
Seamus tosses the gloves to Shakan and stuffs a few items in his pack to be sold later. Once Milen is up and moving again, he sets off with the group back to the hostel.

FirebirdFlying
2009-08-30, 09:00 PM
Tikhon follows along quietly, still slightly amazed that his wounds had all healed in naught but a few minutes.

Zipding
2009-09-03, 12:07 PM
OOC: Since Darius isn't posting, I'll just continue the story.

You return to the hostel, laiden with treasure, wounds and lizard meat. Before leaving the cave, Jett healed Milen a bit, so that they don't have to carry him. The night is quiet, there is no more distrubances, and you get some well-deserved sleep.

The next day, you return to the cave to investigate the back area you did not explore yesterday. It stretches back 80ft with two 10ft rises in the back corners. What draws your eyes though, are steps leading up to an archway. After consulting Lithara's diary, you learn that you need to put a bent piece of metal through the archway. After quick searching, you find that there are lizard's bridles in the other area. When they are sent through the archway, it begins to glow and show a city on the other side. It appears to be a market, there are people wandering up to booths and in the streets. As you walk through the archway, you appear in the middle of the street, and the portal behind you closes.

OOC: Welcome to the City of Doors. You are in the market, so you can sell the treasure you have for money and buy more gear.

Killerloop
2009-09-03, 01:01 PM
"Nice place!" said Shakan entering the market "let's see if we can find someone who can identify this mystical armor"

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-04, 09:01 PM
To Shakan's suggestion, Seamus says, "Excellent idea. I propose that once we sell the junk nobody wants and divy up the money we split up to get our shopping done and meet back here in, say an hour."

FirebirdFlying
2009-09-08, 11:16 PM
Ah, cities. My kind of place. Tikhon grins, nodding at Seamus and Shakan. "Good enough for me."

Falconknight06
2009-09-11, 02:58 PM
I believe we have left the material plane Milen will say reservedly to the party

Zipding
2009-09-16, 02:41 PM
When you finish gaping at the city, you look around the market and find some shopkeepers willing to buy your gear. Also, you find a shop where the proprieter is a spellcaster who is also willing to identify your armour. When you finish selling, you return to the shop and he has your armour identified.
"I have finished identifying your armour," he starts. "It is the legendary armour called Spidersilk, I did not get much information other than that. Unfortunately, you will have to do that yourself." He returns the armour, you pay for it and leave.

OOC: See the OOC Thread for the gold, also you can make a Knowledge (history) check.

Zipding
2009-09-16, 05:13 PM
Shakan thinks about Spidersilk for a moment to remember if he has heard anything about the armour. He begins to recall a story about the armour.

Spidersilk was origionally the armour of the legendary drow wizard Valenet. About 400 years ago, he received it as a gift from Dierdra, his house matriarch, for slaying a mind flayer that had held her in thrall. The matriarch lavished training and resources upon the young male drow, educating him in the care and riding of spiders as well as wizardry arts.

No other male was as pampered or as powerful as the matriarch's young saviour, and Valenet enjoyed his priviliged status. But among the drow, jealously is easily aroused and quickly manifests into violence. After another drow nearly killed Valenet in a duel, Dierdra forbade anyone to challenge him. Valenet subsequently survived several assassination attempts, thanks largly to Spidersilk. Eventually, however, he died from drinking a cup of wine poisoned with spider venom. Dierdra buried Valenet in this armour.

Shakan also learns how to wake Spidersilk's hidden powers. It requires three rituals that require gold, but he can only remember two. The first requires to have minor knowledge in nature and to pay 1500 gold. The second ritual is to be bitten by a large or bigger spider and survive the poison without any magical assistance. This also requires to spend 13000 gold. On a final note, he says that only he and Tikhon can wear the armour as it was made for arcane casters only.

OOC: With the Knowledge of Nature, it's just 2 ranks in Knowledge(Nature)

Falconknight06
2009-09-16, 08:49 PM
Well, having armor for the "squishier" among us may be useful Milen will say in response to the revelations made about the armor.

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-16, 09:28 PM
Seamus gladly takes his share of the loot and says, "Let's head back to that cave. We still have our mission."

Killerloop
2009-09-17, 02:46 AM
"Squishier, curious attribute... still, the armor I currently wear has a good degree of protection, we'll see if the Spidersilk can best it" said Shakan pointing at the chain mail he is wearing.

"Now, I suggest that we heed the word of the letter we found on that female drow, Lithara Lolthblessed, we defeated in our first encounter outside the inn."

Shakan memory was still painful on this, more than the wounds the vrock inflicted on him... being hit and flayed by a demon is a thing, almost falling to a mind spell of an enemy spellcaster is a shame he never experienced before.

"In case your memory fails you it said something about Styx Oarsman, and a set of caves near a big city in the outskirts of the material plane. We are in that city, I guess, so we better ask some of the locals about these caves and find a guide or a lead to move on"

Zipding
2009-09-18, 03:48 PM
When you ask the locals about the caves, they look at you quizzically and don't know what you are talking about. They do however, know the general area of the Styx Oarsman. While you were asking, though, you learned that you are in Sigil, also known as the City of Doors. You are currently in the Market Ward, one of 6 Wards in the city. Heading clockwise around, there is the Guildhall Ward, the Hive, the Lady's Ward and the Lower Ward. The Styx Oarsman is located inside the Lower Ward.
You thank the man and leave for the lower ward, but something interesting happens. You take a shortcut to avoid a religious procession that is freely scourging bystanders. You duck into an alley littered with dirt and filled with scurrying black rats. Bits of rotting cloth, sewage, and rubbish give the alley a pungent reek.
You're halfway down the alley when you hear the voices: hundreds of tiny voices, like children, all speaking together. "You must listen to us. Listening? Yes? Scuttle very carefully through this sewer. Demons are triple liars, and angels are eager to make you martyrs. Go, and trust neither heaven nor hell. We mean victory for you and defeat for the Spider Queen."
There's no sound; the voices are entirely in your head, and they aren't leaving.

OOC: Anyone can make a Spot check if they would like, and, I require a Will saving throw. Also, some minor roleplaying is needed here

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-19, 09:15 AM
Seamus searches carefully everywhere, looking for the source of the voices. He suspects that they are illusory, but he can't be sure... He visibily shakes himself and concentrates as hard as he can on the source of the voices.

OOC:

[roll0]

Using Moment of Perfect Mind to replace Will save with Concentration check.
[roll1]

Killerloop
2009-09-19, 12:55 PM
"Do you hear the voices too?" said Shakan, looking around disorientated

Will save: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

FirebirdFlying
2009-09-19, 04:18 PM
Disgusting. Tikhon brushes away bits of cobweb as they walk through the alley. He grimaces, glancing side to side at the rats, then starts as the voices whisper in his head. "…Rats," he hisses.

Will: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Zipding
2009-09-21, 07:19 PM
The voices seem to be waiting for an answer. "Not listening? Don't trust them. Don't trust the angels. Tell us you don't trust anyone, and we'll let you go."
Shakan, Seamus and Tikhon look around, but fail to spot anything out of the ordinary.

Killerloop
2009-09-22, 03:49 AM
"Pfff, letting us go?? You're not holding us at all!" said Shakan to thin air
"Show yourself if you can, or at least tell us who you are!" said the sorcerer in a threatening tone.

Then he paused, and started chanting in a low voice... seconds later u see it's eyes shimmer for a brief second.

Zipding
2009-09-22, 02:35 PM
When Shakan casts his spell, the rats begin to glow. Because he casted his spell, the rats begin to form a swarm right in front of you.
OOC: Roll initiative, here (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ApEXHV4ipcTcdEtXVm1jclRfN1k5Z0hpWEpIOHBIS FE&hl=en)is the map, place yourselves where your characters are.

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-22, 09:34 PM
I can't edit the spreadsheet, but Seamus is at J-17.

[roll0]

Killerloop
2009-09-25, 02:37 AM
It is only you and me left Master Rahl? Maybe we need more people here :(

Zipding
2009-09-27, 12:35 PM
Shakan and Seamus stand stunned as the rats seem to move around Seamus' feet and begin chewing it up while blasting at Shakan's mind.
"Tell us you do not trust the angels or the demons! Tell us!" The voices scream inside your head.

OOC: Will save for Shakan, Seamus takes 20 points of damage

Master_Rahl22
2009-09-27, 12:49 PM
Whose turn is it? I'm the only one that I saw post initiative. Should we maybe put things on hold until we can get a few more players?

Zipding
2009-09-27, 02:54 PM
The order is Shakan, Seamus, Rats.

I have a recruitment thread up right now. I also have a plan on how to bring them into the game. You should be able to handle this encounter. If you can't and start to get really injured. RUN!!! I will continue it because that would be weird having new allies appear in the middle of a fight.

It is official, Falconknight will no longer be able to continue with this campaign. It is also official that Firebird will not be following us.

Master_Rahl22
2009-10-04, 09:27 PM
Swift action: Enter Punishing Stance.
Full attack on the rats.

[roll0]
[roll1] divided by 2, and [roll2] at full.

[roll3]
[roll4] divided by 2, and [roll5] at full.

[roll6]
[roll7] divided by 2, and [roll8] at full.

End of turn.

Master_Rahl22
2009-10-04, 09:30 PM
Crit confirm for the last roll
[roll0]
[roll1]

Zipding
2009-10-06, 09:49 PM
Master Rahl, roll damage from the electricity on every attack please.

Master_Rahl22
2009-10-07, 07:19 AM
I'm confused. Only one of my weapons is Shocking, and that's the first and third attacks. Punishing Stance adds 1d6 to every attack, and the Shocking adds 1d6 to just the first and third attacks. Do you need me to seperate out the electricity from the extra from Punishing Stance?

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

[roll4]

Zipding
2009-10-07, 02:08 PM
Shakan is stunned as the rats seem to attack his mind.

Seamus swings his kukris down onto the rats, but there are too many for his weapons to make any effect. Although, the electricity generated by one of his kukris kills enough rats to diminish the swarm enough.

The rats continue to crawl up Seamus' leg, eating away his legs while doing so. They also proceed to attack his mind in a similar manner as they attacked Shakan.

OOC: Seamus takes 19 damage and Seamus needs a Will save.

Master_Rahl22
2009-10-07, 08:49 PM
[roll0]

*crosses fingers*

Zipding
2009-10-07, 09:12 PM
OOC: Seamus is stunned for 8 rounds. I'm going to pause it here so that you both don't die and bring in the other characters

Firebeard
2009-10-11, 02:49 PM
Jess Windar

Strolling through the market of the fabulous city, Jess wondered at its strangeness. Peoples from all over were gathered here, buying and selling. He passed a strange bird-headed merchant that kept shouting at him in some strange clucking language and waving a fish under his nose.

As amazed by this place as he was, he really wanted to get back to his beloved woods again. It had been 5 days ago that he had found that doorway in the mushroom grove and made the mistake - was it a mistake, or was it destiny? - of walking into it. Since then, he had wandered the city, enjoying its delights and trying to find a way back to his homeland.

As he neared the mouth of an alleyway on his right, his head pulsed with a mental intrusion. Shouts of "Tell us! Tell ussssssssssssss." echoed through his mind. Unlimbering his bow, he turned into the alley, being careful to stay close to the walls as he searched for the commotion. To his surprise he saw 2 figures, obviously stunned, just as obviously being chewed up by a swarm of rats. "What's going on here?" he shouted. As he saw the rats tearing at the leg of the kukris wielding fighter, he fired 3 shots into the milling mass.

Rapid shot, assuming that since I wasn't currently in combat, I can do a full round action...

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] fire damage

[roll3]
[roll4] + [roll5] fire damage

[roll6]
[roll7] + [roll8] fire damage

...and for each hit that did damage, another d6 fire damage at the start of my next turn.

And I guess I am in about O9

The arrows themselves were minor hits, spiking individual rats to the wall and ground, but the bursts of flame from the Crystal in the bow's guard set some on fire that continued to burn

Zipding
2009-10-11, 11:15 PM
OOC: Firebeard, what did you roll for initiative? I need to know where you are in the order.

Spriggles
2009-10-12, 08:06 AM
Mirran

After having been dumped in Sigil by the tempermental nature of his fellow clergymen, Mirran was not having the best of times. Having already discovered the frustrations of Sigil's numerously irritating portals and had had several run-ins with the Dustmen regarding some Drowned he had discovered in some abandoned pipes in the Hive, Mirran was finding himself neglecting his usual duties more and more in favour of a way out of the Cage for a while. After all, the Sea Mother was wandering and unpredictable, so he reasoned that finding something better to do than maintaining his tiny shrine a true embodiment of his Godess' ideals.

At the sight of a seemingly unstoppable religious procession, Mirran offers a prayer to Umberlee to wash the preaching fools away. *And the mess* he mused as he stepped over a pile of excrement. He sighed and scanned the busy market place for a quieter spot. It was at this point that he heard the Halfling's cry and turned his attention to the alley to see what all the commotion was about.

shaddy_24
2009-10-12, 12:14 PM
Carlose

The aging dwarf had been retired from the army for several years now, and had moved to Sigil not long ago. The great city offered many interesting sights and options to one who was removed from everyday life in his former town. Great libraries and ancient wizards of great power, all with information fascinating to the old archivist. He settled in well, and spent his years learning.

Fights occured regularily in Sigil, but rarely right outside his bedroom window. Running over to the psychic screams, he looks out to see a pair of outsiders standing stunned while being swarmed by an army of rats. His eyes narrow as he tries to identify what is going on.

1d20+19
1d20+17
1d20+17
[roll0] to realized that the two are stunned.
Future post to be determined depending on what I learn.

Zipding
2009-10-12, 08:39 PM
Both Shakan and Seamus are stunned after the rats brutally attacked their minds.

After hearing the screams telepathetically, a halfling pokes his head around the corner and calls if there is anything wrong. When he sees the stunned humans being eaten by rats, he releases a few shots into the swarm, burning up many rats.

Mirran runs to the alleyway after hearing Jess' call. When he reaches the opening, he sees what has befallen two humans.

The rats continue to swarm up Seamus' legs, since he is unable to do anything. His legs are being torn apart as the rats continue to ascend up his legs, closer to his torso.

An old dwarf hears the fighting and the screaming telepathic conversation, looks outside his own window and tries to identify the rats. He thinks hard for a moment before he remembers in his great studies what they are.

OOC: Seamus takes 23 damage. See OOC thread about what Shaddy learns.

shaddy_24
2009-10-13, 08:44 AM
Carlose finishing turn since only spent a move action to get to the window.

Should I help? Who are they? the dwarf thinks as he sees what's going on. Recognizing the rats for what they are, and realizing that the two outsiders are stunned, he decides to at least provide a little support. "Moradin, grant these people a second chance to resist the power of their enemies." he quickly intones.

Casting Mass Resurgence, allowing Sheamus and Shakan another saving throw against the stunned condition.

Master_Rahl22
2009-10-13, 08:48 PM
Sweet, another save.

[roll0]

Firebeard
2009-10-14, 04:07 PM
Jess

Seeing the rats continuing to gnaw on the helpless men, Jess fired another brace of arrows into them, yelling all the while and hoping to disperse the swarm.

Burning damage fromt eh Crystal at the start pf my turn [roll0]

Rapidshot (-2)
[roll1]
[roll2] + firecrystal [roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5] + firecrystal [roll6]

[roll7]
[roll8] + firecrystal [roll9]

Spriggles
2009-10-14, 04:09 PM
Mirran
"Urgh! Damnable rats!" Unaware of the dwarf peering from the window, Mirran calls forth the power of the storm and sea and channels it into a tiny, whirling tempest in his hands. Once controlled, he launches it down the alley, the squall thrusting debris and garbage into the air and battering the rats with terrible force! Casting Gust of Wind all the way down the alley. Fort save DC 18 by all vs. being blown 1d4x10ft. if tiny and knocked prone if small

Spriggles
2009-10-14, 04:11 PM
[roll0] rather. So 20ft.

shaddy_24
2009-10-14, 05:22 PM
Carlose

The old dwarf watched as two more people joined the fight, trying to protect the stunned pair, who still weren't moving. Groaning, since he'd been drawn into the fight already, he decided that he might as well help finish it. "Be careful! These are cranium rats, highly intelligent and capable of casting spells! Brace yourselves against their power, and resist!" None of spells will help against this enemy right now. I hope those two can survive, and the others can get them out.

Using dark knowledge if the others are within 60 ft. of the dwarf (I'm assuming his window is about 20-25 feet up. If they are, [roll0] If that's between 15 and 25, everyone gets +1 on saving throws against the rat's abilities (including spells). If it's above 25, everyone gets +2, if it's above 35, +3.

Zipding
2009-10-14, 09:32 PM
Jess continues to fire his arrows at the rats. Again, his arrows do little to stop the swarm, but the fire is enough to cause them to flinch again.

Mirran calls upon the fury of his god, using it to blast a mighty wind down the allyway towards the rats. It seems to be successful as the rats are unable to keep their footing, but the majority stay in their place.

The rats continue attacking Seamus, but they all turn towards Jess and attack his mind like they attacked Seamus and Shakan.

Carlose calls down his warning to the humans, halfling and water genasi below, granting them sufficient knowledge upon the cranium rats to help them in their fight.

OOC: Seamus takes 10 points of damage, Will save for Jess

Firebeard
2009-10-14, 09:47 PM
Jess

The halfling ranger felt a pressure building in his mind as the rats turned to face him. He tried to throw up his mental defenses as his old master had taught him before he was stunned like the others.

[roll0]

I forgot the +2 from Carlose's spell, but it isn't likely to matter

Spriggles
2009-10-15, 04:16 AM
Mirran
"Oh, for the love of -" Wishing he had a torch to scare the rats off with, Mirran opts for the next best thing.

Bugger it! Casting Call Lightning (on an area not full of Seamus, so L;16) Ref DC 17 for [roll0] plus 50% for being a swarm being hit with a spell that has an area of effect, which, technically, Call Lightning is

shaddy_24
2009-10-15, 02:10 PM
Carlose

"Try to get them out of there! I don't think the one being chewed on can resist much longer!" Swearing in dwarvan as the halfling is stunned as well, he focuses on the water genasi, "Try and draw them away from the one they're swarming. It'll take me some time to get down there, and none of the spells I have readied are very useful from this distance." How did I get so involved in this fight?

Calling on one of his more obscure spells (it took forever to find a cleric willing to scribe him a scroll to copy into his book), he starts running as fast as his old body can, trying to get down to the street before it's too late. Maybe I should investigate a way to increase the range of my spells.

Casting Expeditious Retreat, then moving full speed towards the ally. Let me know how many turns this is going to take double moving with a speed of 50.
Also, I might get Reach Spell with my bonus feat at level 10. Using my touch spells from 30 feet would be nice right now.

Spriggles
2009-10-15, 08:44 PM
Mirran

Time to go in I guess

Move action to get as close to the swarm as I can, Standard action to blast the rats again [roll0] +50%, free action to draw a potion of Cure Moderate Wounds to pour into Seamus

Zipding
2009-10-18, 06:25 PM
Shakan, Seamus and Jess are all stunned.

Mirran prays to his god and brings lightning down onto the cranium rats. They seem to be able to avoid the lightning, however many do seem to disappear under the surviving rats. As he charges forward releasing another blast, the more rats seem to die. But the majority of the swarm is still eating Seamus' legs.

The rats finally move from Seamus as they see a more potent threat and begin to move away from Seamus and closer to Mirran as they begin to swarm up his legs as well.

Carlose tells Mirran to wait as he hurries out of his apartment towards the group of outsiders.

OOC: Mirran takes 14 points of damage. Seamus stunned for 5 rounds, Shakan stunned for 4 rounds, Jess stunned for 8 rounds.

Spriggles
2009-10-19, 07:19 AM
Assuming Mr Dwarf is still decending

Mirran
Mirran cries out, appaled at the feeling of wriggling feet and nipping teeth, he wades backwards out of the writhing throng and calls down more lightning into the ally!

Move back twenty feet towards the alley entrance and blast them for [roll0] plus 50%

Zipding
2009-10-22, 02:22 PM
Shakan, Seamus and Jess are all stunned as the rats continue to assault the cleric.

Mirran backs off from the storm calling more lightning down onto the rats and again, the rats manage to avoid the majority of the blast but few of the rats do die when the lightning strikes.

The rats don't move, but they concentrate their force and a ray emnates from the mass. The ray simply passes through Mirran's armour and begins to weaken his physical strength. It is not horribly weakening, but it is a problem.

Carlose continues to run outside from his apartment.

OOC: Mirran takes 7 strength damage

Spriggles
2009-10-22, 04:08 PM
Mirran

Gritting his teeth against the sudden blast of necromancy, Mirran staggers further out of the alley, hoping to lure the rats out into the open and away from the helpless people in the alleyway.

Back up twenty more feet and blast them again for [roll0] +50%

Zipding
2009-10-22, 09:36 PM
Shakan, Seamus and Jess are all stunned still.

Mirran backs off and calls another lightning bolt onto the rats. They manage to avoid the main bolt another time, but another handful of rats die under the electricity.

The rats stop moving and are content to just sit in the alleyway and watch as Mirran backs off even more.

Carlose exits the building and appears between the rats and Seamus. The rats don't seem to notice him as he leaves the building.

shaddy_24
2009-10-22, 11:02 PM
Carlose

Gasping for breath after his run, the dwarf grabs Shakan's shoulder. "Once again... grant this man... a chance to resist this dreadful power..." Divine power flows through Shakan again, boosted by the dwarf's previous words.

Resurgence, so another saving throw for Shakan. With Dark Knowledge, you get an extra +2 on this saving throw, so make it worth it.

Killerloop
2009-10-23, 06:22 AM
Shakan

The sorcerer body twitched when touched by Carlose, like someone who gets awakened from a dream.

"Wha..."

He realized in a second what happened and instintively run away from the swarm.

Once at a safe distance he turned, his face a mask of anger and rage

"At last I am free!! Die foul creatures!"

He waved his hands in arcane motions and speak words of ancient power, suddenly he grabbed something from a pouch on his belt and a fireball instantly formed between his hands. After taking proper aim he threw it at the swarm.

Spriggles
2009-10-23, 04:05 PM
Mirran

Grinning wide at the sight of the sorcerer's reanimation, Mirran begins anew with lightning from the safety of the street.

[roll0], if successful: [roll1] +50%

Zipding
2009-10-24, 11:20 AM
Shakan shakes himself after being saved from being stunned, runs back and throws a fireball at the cranium rats. Unfortunately, after being stunned for almost a minute, his concentration wanes as the fireball disipates against the rats, causing no damage at all.

Seamus and Jess are still stunned.

Mirran calls down more lightning as a hope to kill more of the rats, but again, his concentration stops for one second as the electric blast fails to even damage the rats at all, but simply disappears when it hits them.

The rats are conflicted with which ones to face, but ultimately turn around and focus their minds on Carlose and Shakan, attacking their minds.

Carlose readies himself for what is to come, bracing his mind for the attack. (DM action)

OOC: Will save for Shakan and Carlose. Just so you know, you need a 17 or higher to break their SR

shaddy_24
2009-10-24, 08:07 PM
Carlose assuming that a 29 is enough to resist the effect (or a 27 if it's not enchantment);

Fighting off the power of the rats, Carlose casts his final Resurgence spell on Seamus, unless Shakan failed, in which case he casts it on the sorcerer again (don't forget the +2 bonus from Dark Knowledge).

I thought Shakan rolled a 17 in the OOC thread, and Miran rolled a 25 in his post?

Master_Rahl22
2009-10-25, 07:23 AM
[roll0]

I'm assuming that's good enough.

Seamus shakes his head as he comes to, and assesses the situation. As the pain from his torn and bloody legs hits him, he realizes he's in trouble. He expertly tumbles away from the rats and takes a moment to regain his composure.

OOC:
Move to N-13, tumbling to avoid AOO, auto-succeed. Swift action to recover maneuvers and use Vital Recovery to gain 12 HP.

Spriggles
2009-10-26, 09:19 AM
Mirran

From the safety of the street, Mirran brings more lightning down into the alley!

SR [roll0]. If successful [roll1] +50%

Zipding
2009-10-27, 09:21 PM
Shakan readies his mind against the onslaught from the cranium rats, as hard as he tries, his will weakens and he is stunned as the rats continue their assault.

Seamus shakes himself awake before rolling closer to the rats.

Jess is still stunned, unfortunately.

Mirran calls more lightning from the sky, but his concentration wanes once more as his spell does nothing to the rats.

The rats stop their mental assault on the spellcasters further down the alley and focus their attention on Seamus once more. They begin to glow with electricity, but because they performed the spell very carefully, Seamus does not notice the electricity before it's too late. The electric shock bypasses his armour. It jolts him and it causes him to stumble a bit.

Carlose casts off his last spell that will allow the others to survive the rats onslaught.

OOC: Seamus takes 19 electric damage. My suggestion here is run, it's not under 150 health and it's only cast two spells. Its SR is too high and its swarm damage is pretty high.

Killerloop
2009-10-28, 03:36 AM
OOC: Running? There are stunned people here! :smallsigh:

Firebeard
2009-10-28, 07:06 AM
((OOC: CR9 my left halfling-sized buttock! And by all means run away. Drag someone with you. Seamus needs to skedaddle though. he's got to be near death again.)

Zipding
2009-10-28, 02:25 PM
OOC: Yeah, it is CR 9, has 155 health left and it has 26 SR. Running might be a good idea to prevent TPK. I forgot, Shakan is stunned for 6 rounds.

Spriggles
2009-10-28, 06:51 PM
((Say no more!))

Seeing the real danger he and his stunned fellows are in, Mirran grabs the Halfling by the scruff of it's stunned neck and high-tails it out of the alley.

Grabbing Jess as well as I can and getting him out of the alley as quickly as possible.

shaddy_24
2009-10-28, 09:21 PM
Carlose

Groaning in frustration, the old dwarf grabs the nearby sorcerer and starts trying to drag him away from the furious swarm. He also grabs the unconsious warrior and channels some of Moradin's healing into him. "Leave us be! I'm only trying to get them away from here, there is no need to continue this fight!" he yells desperatelly to the rats.

Grabbing Shakan and Seamus with my bare 7 strength and try to pull him away. At least I have a 50 foot move speed, if that means anything.

EDIT: Also casting Greater Vigor on Seamus, improving his fast healing to 4 points/round. I really hope I have enough actions for this.

Zipding
2009-10-29, 04:31 PM
Seamus lays on the ground, unconscious, but he is healing from the spell granted by Carlose.

Mirran grabs Jess and proceeds to drag the poor halfling out of the allyway.

The rats sit contently where they are. They give one final warning to the outsiders. "Don't trust the angels or the demons! Don't trust anyone!"

Carlose drags the sorceror out of the alley, grunting as he goes.

Spriggles
2009-10-29, 04:36 PM
Mirran

Safe for now, Mirran heals himself and guards the stunned halfling until he comes to. Angels and demons? Brain rats more like.

Casting Cure Moderate Wounds (converted from Spiritual Weapon) [roll0]

shaddy_24
2009-10-29, 06:43 PM
Carlose

The dwarf hauls the two outsiders into the street nearby and grabs one of his wands out of his pocket. "How much am I going to.... Oh, they're already healing. Okay, just need to wait for them to throw this off..."

He glances over to the other side of the alley where the other two had gone. Find them after these two wake up."

Zipding
2009-11-01, 10:42 AM
Mirran is successful in dragging the halfling out of the alleyway. After he makes sure he is safe, he heals himself.

The cranium rats stay where they are, not bothering to chase after the characters.

Carlose drags the humans out of the alley as well. He moves them out of the way so that they don't disrupt the commonfolk.

Killerloop
2009-11-01, 04:48 PM
Again Shakan breaks free of the enchantment, you see that he is very sad.

"Thank you strangers, you saved our lives. Those stupid rats while tiny pack one hell of a punch when it comes to mind assaults."

Firebeard
2009-11-01, 06:25 PM
Jess

Groaning, Jess opens his eyes to see the sky of Sigil above. "Did we win?" he asked groggily. Shaking his head, he looked to see the alleyway and the fearful glances his companions were throwing that way. "Guess not," he said.

"The name's Jess, Jess Windar. What in the Lady's name were those things? Did everyone get away?"

shaddy_24
2009-11-01, 10:44 PM
Carlose

The old dwarf settles down beside the two humans. "You two okay? There's another pair accross the alley in the other street over there. Are they with you?" He waits for their response, then continues, "My name is Carlose. Who're you?"

Spriggles
2009-11-02, 07:16 AM
Mirran

Mirran shakes Jess' hand, "I'm not sure, to be honest. Some sort of intelligent and hungry rats. I saw a dwarf on the other side of the alley get the others out. We should head round and see if they're all okay. My name is Mirran, by the way. Looks like you stopped to help those poor folks as well. I wonder what trouble follows them to have them end up so. Any berk around here should know better than to sneak into alleys."

Firebeard
2009-11-02, 07:45 AM
Jess

"I suppose we should go to them. I'd like to know who it was I stopped to help, and why they had such problems with those rats. Have you been here long? I've only just come a few days ago."

Spriggles
2009-11-02, 07:59 AM
Mirran

"Life in Sigil is tough all over, especially for Primes. So many come unprepared for the dangers of a city full of planar beings. I've been here a few months now, but it feels longer. My shine is set up just outside the Hive and is tiny. It doesn't take much to upkeep - with no sea here, there aren't many worshipers to Istishia. It's just so we have a presence in the Cage, really. The best I get is directing travellers to the Portals to the Elemental Plane of Water and occasionally Stygia."

Master_Rahl22
2009-11-03, 02:54 PM
Seamus tends to his wounds and shakes his head to clear the fog from the rats' mental attacks. He says, "Thanks for rescuing me from those vermin. My name is Seamus. We came here following some drow that had been plaguing the area we come from. They led us to a cave with a portal that brought us here."

Zipding
2009-11-04, 05:07 PM
Jess and Mirran are able to find their way around the alley where the rats have finally dispersed. When they arrive where the others are resting, the two of them rush over and make sure they are alright. After introductions and one last check over making sure that everyone is okay.
Shakan and Seamus brief Carlose, Jess and Mirran about what happened on the Material Plane. The humans also tell the dwarf, halfling and water genasi that they were heading towards the Styx Oarsman, a tavern located in the Lower Ward to find Rule of Three. As they describe their quest, Shakan shows them the journal that they found on the first drow they encountered.
Finally, after a large amount of explaining to the newcomers, the humans return to their journey on finding the tavern.

Firebeard
2009-11-04, 06:19 PM
Jess

"My feet have been itching to be wandering again after half a week in this place. I'll gladly follow along and lend a hand...and bow...as needed."

shaddy_24
2009-11-05, 11:56 AM
Carlose

Carlose frowns at Shakan and Seamus' story. "The drow are on the move again? Then I'm going along with you. I fought against them in the army, and I have no interest in seeing any of their plots come to fruition." the old dwarf joins them on their trip to the Styx Orsman. "I guess retirement was merely a vacation. I've lived here long enough though, and I think I've had enough theory. I think it's time for some practical research." He introduces himself to the others. "I am Professor Carlose Kelgorn, or Sergent Kelgorn, depending on present company. You may refer to me whichever way you prefer."

Firebeard
2009-11-05, 12:23 PM
Jess

"Oh! I'm Jess Windar, Ranger of the Chondalwood and local protector of the village of Miller's Vale. Call me Jess, everyone does. As for the drow, I don't know a lot about them, but from what I've heard, the Lady would be happy for me to help you stop them."

Spriggles
2009-11-05, 02:21 PM
Mirran

"This is why I stay away from the Material Plane. But I know the city pretty well and planar travel is not unfamiliar to me and I get the feeling that things could get much worse if you don't stop the Drow. My shine will survive until I get back; it's about time I got out of the Cage anyway. I know of the Styx Oarsman, the Lower Ward is this way. But first, do any of you need some of Istishia's healing waters?"

Master_Rahl22
2009-11-06, 10:21 AM
Seamus

"I could use a bit of healing. I still have an enchantment that will slowly heal me over time, but I'd prefer to get a jump start on things if you know what I mean. Those blasted rats... Anyway, yes let's head toward the Styx Oarsman, and thank you all for your offers to help. More help means I get to last longer when I go bash in some Drow skulls."

Killerloop
2009-11-06, 10:56 AM
Shakan turned towards Carlose

"Professor?" he said, upon glancing the old man "Are you sure you are 'still' tailored up for this kind of things?" Shakan tone wasn't offensive but puzzled

shaddy_24
2009-11-07, 12:37 AM
Carlose

"Of course I am up for this. I was a member of the army for 60 years, retiring with several medals on my chest. I have been a professor since then, researching and writing several papers on the physiology and combat capabilities of many types of infernal and aberent creatures. I've fought the drow before, and I have great interest in seeing their plans destroyed, especially if there is any harm to the material plane. I may be a retired old dwarf, but with me behind you, you'll always know what you are fighting and have the support of my spells." Carlose seems insulted by Shakan's doubts. Casting a quick glance over Seamus' wounds, he casts a spell over them, greatly increasing the magical healing already occuring.

Casting Vigor on Seamus, increasing the fast healing to 4/round.

Zipding
2009-11-09, 05:07 PM
You have found your way to the Lower Ward, a section of Sigil inhabited primarily by creatures of the Lower Planes, but also by humans and the floating dabus. You spot occasional darting lantern archons, their light shining pure through the smoke and gloom-and moving very quickly through this ward.
The Oarsman is noisy, and you see three squaking vrocks come stumbling out of the open archway that is the enctranceway. Within you see barbed devils playing cards, a beautiful human woman confidently serving goblets of wine to monsters, and a motley collection of customers. The bartender has six arms. It's not the type of inn you're used to.

OOC: Diplomacy checks can be made if you want. Or a bribe can be made to find Rule of Three.

Firebeard
2009-11-09, 08:09 PM
Jess

Jumping up on a barstool, Jess stares at the bartender until it becomes obvious that he is staring. It's not every day a halfling from the Chondalwood comes face to face - well, not exactly face. Where he was staring was anatomically lower and much more pleasing to the eye - with a giant 6 armed snake woman. "I...uh...er..." he stammered. "Um...do you have any berry wine?" Jess realized that he wasn't making a very good impression and immediately set his face into the most winning smile in his repertoire. "Wine indeed! And something for my friends here as well. I've never seen a bartender mixing 3 drinks at a time before. Nor one so pleasing to the eyes." He winked.

Zipding
2009-11-09, 10:58 PM
The snake woman looks at Jess as he stammers his order, before sighing and making his drink. She ignores his comments about her appearance and doesn't even aknowledge his existence after she gives the halfling his drink.

Spriggles
2009-11-10, 04:26 AM
Mirran

In order to prevent any undue prejudice, Mirran slips his holy symbol from around his neck and into his back before entering the Styx Oarsman. At the bar, he drops a bag of gold on the bar, close enough to himself so that only the barmaid would (hopefully) be able to see it, and ask, "You know of a creature that goes my the name Rule-of-Three? I hear tell tht you have your fingers in a lot of pies around here and word is if I need something, you're the one I need to see."

Diplomacy [roll0] plus 100gp to help lubricate the wheels of negotiation.

Killerloop
2009-11-10, 04:27 PM
Shakan facepalms at the attempt of the halfling to gain information.

He doesn't feel in the mood for talking so he stumbles around people who could know... cutthroats, lesser devils, wannabe adventurers and the like.

He whispers the same word in every 'interesting' ear:

"100 gp if you provide information leading to the Rule of Three"

shaddy_24
2009-11-11, 01:25 AM
Carlose

The dwarf snorts at the patrons of this bar. Demons. Beasts. Others who respect them. Bah, I'd like nothing better than to avoid here. He walks in with the others though, but refuses to sit at any of the tables or bar, and merely stands next to Mirran, ready to support the cleric.

Master_Rahl22
2009-11-11, 11:14 AM
Seamus is completely at home among other, shall we say, rough individuals. He walks up to the barbed devils and says, "Mind if I join you? Of course, I'd hate to have to take all of your money, so maybe we could play for information. If I win, you tell me everything you know about Rule of Three."

Zipding
2009-11-11, 03:58 PM
After Jess' failed attempt to gain any sort of information from the bartender, Mirran moves forward and drops a bag of gold on the counter. When the bartender finishes mixing that round of drinks, she comes over to Mirran and listens to his question. After quickley looking around, she leans in closer and says to him in a quiet voice that no one else can hear. "Look, I can't give you information on Rule of Three, but I can give you this." She hands over what appears to be a key to the cleric. "It is a key to the back door of this place. It might help you out." After their little discussion, she returns to her job and continues mixing drinks.

Shakan is successful with his wandering and offering gold. He is lucky enough that the first customer he approaches thinks on it before answering. "I'll give you the information after this hand of cards." Shortly thereafter, the yugoloth turns around and tells Shakan. "He's in that corner over there." It points to the corner surrounded in drapes. "He's a giztherai scholar, his information is said to be incredibly helpful."

Seamus fares almost as bad as Jess. When he decides to join the cards, a barbed devil looks over to the human and adresses the challenge. "You want information on Rule of Three if you win? I have a better offer: you win, you live. You lose, you die. Like those choices mortal?"

Spriggles
2009-11-11, 05:29 PM
Mirran

Satisfied with the information, Mirran tries to hide a smug grin and turns towards his comrades gesturing with the key to regroup in a corner of the pub. "The barmaid gave me this key, she said it would come in handy," he said when they had gathered in the area. "Did you get any info?" he asks.

Master_Rahl22
2009-11-13, 03:14 PM
At the devil's comment, Seamus says, "Oh, I don't think it's at all certain that you would be able to collect on that bet. Nevertheless, I'm not here to start trouble. I'll just go talk to my friends. Have a hellish day!" he finishes with a smile.

He walks over to the rest of the group and says, "Nope, no luck at all. Let's see what the key does."

Killerloop
2009-11-13, 04:07 PM
"Thank you" said Shakan, and begins moving towards the githzerai scholar.

While crossing the room he sees the horned devil threat Seamus, and can't resist the urge to get involved:

"Back off Baatezu" said an irritated Shakan to the horned devil "Your threats are empty since you don't have any claims over the life of my companion. Or... maybe you are one of those hellish freaks who attack on sight... a... demon, correct?"

shaddy_24
2009-11-14, 12:39 AM
Carlose

The scholar grimaces at Seamus and Shakan's comments. "It does no good to rile up the other patrons. Let them enjoy their drinks and let us continue to pursue our current." He stays as far away from all the tables as possible, though his body language indicates something more akin to distain than fear. "There are all kinds in here, and many will not stop just because you ask politely."

Some knowledge checks to try and identify the patrons.
Arcana [roll0]
Religion [roll1]
The Planes [roll2]

Spriggles
2009-11-15, 09:13 AM
Mirran

Keen to get out with his skin intact and some information, Mirran approaches the githzerai scholar. Behind its shadowy curtain. As a sign that they have no intention to waste the creature's time, he motions to Seamus to produce the letter. "You're hard being to find," he begins, taking a seat opposite Rule-of-Three and making sure the curtain is pulled to. "I also hear that you'd make a fine sacrifice to the Drow Goddess, which as compliments go I'd struggle to beat. However, this also tells me that you've had dealings with these beings before and they're running merry over the Material Plane. Now, this letter came from here and I've a feeling in my water that you know know something. Care to share it?"

Zipding
2009-11-15, 11:53 AM
When Mirran approaches the scholar, he seems surprised at what he says. When you all assemble at the little table that he is sitting at, he begins.
"Indeed, I am Rule-of-Three. New in town?" asks the elderly giztherai, stroking his wispy beard and watching you carefully. "Your type, your disposition, your shining characters don't generally come to the Lower Ward, the wrong side of Sigil, they Styx Oarsman. I like the cheap beer, rough company and rampant rumormongering. What brings you here?" When the water genasi mentions the letter, he asks for it and quickly reads it over before asking. "What happened to the drow carrying this? I hope he was dead when you took it from him."

OOC: See OOC thread for what Carlose learns.

Killerloop
2009-11-15, 02:28 PM
Shakan too approaches the scholar but, seeing that Mirran is already there, remain silent in the corner and waits.

Spriggles
2009-11-16, 05:48 AM
Mirran

"Yeah, that Drow's in the book. I've been here a while myself, but a few of my friends are new in town. Can you help us out with their Drow problem or is the great Rule-of-Three not as knowledgeable as they say?"

Zipding
2009-11-16, 07:51 AM
He listens to your reply and says, "I can get you home, and I can get the drow to stop rampaging through your plane. But it won't be easy, the drow are stirred up everywhere, on the Material Plane, here in Sigil, and in the Demonweb where Lolth spins her plots. Three things I'll require in return, three errands, three small tasks. The first is simple: Go to the Tower of the Prophet, open the Eye there, and ask how to blind the spider queen."

Spriggles
2009-11-16, 11:03 AM
Mirran

"I'm sure that won't be too taxing. Consider it done."

Rolling Knowledge (Religion) to find out what the hell that thing is ... [roll0]

Firebeard
2009-11-16, 11:44 AM
Jess

Finished with his wine, Jess strolls over to where Mirran is talking to the Giztherai in time to hear "...go to the Tower of the Prophet..." and Mirran's response. Piping up, Jess asks "Do we know where this tower is? As the man says, I doubt it will pose a difficult task, but we need to know where we're bound first."