PDA

View Full Version : Your Secret Musical Shame

Artisan
2006-07-24, 05:46 AM
Right, I know everyone has one...a song that you know you shouldn't like, a song by all rights you should loathe, but you can't help tapping your foot to the beat and mouthing the words. Come one, tell us what it is...

Mine is...well, I'm 6'2", black, built like a brick outhouse and my usual haunt is my clubs on rock night. And yet...my secret musical pleasure and shame is "Take On Me" by A-Ha

The shame! The shame of it all!

Yuki Akuma
2006-07-24, 05:53 AM
I am a complete dork. I'm also a Japanophile, a "kiddie" gamer (Gamecube represent, yo), and all those sorts of things.

I like "Somewhere I Belong" by Linkin Park. I also enjoy most of Eminem's 'songs', and I don't know why! :'(

Lykan
2006-07-24, 05:57 AM
Whats wrong with "Somewhere I Belong"? It's a good song!

Oh yeah, and for some reason, I can't ever get "Breakfest at Tiffany's" out of my head once someone mentions it.

Ah... Dammit. THere it goes.

Yuki Akuma
2006-07-24, 05:57 AM
Whats wrong with "Somewhere I Belong"? It's a good song!

Yes, I know it's a good song. But it's by a band I absolutely detest, so I'm not sure why I like it...

Lykan
2006-07-24, 06:00 AM
Is this a bad time to mention that it's my favourite band?

I guess the screaming bit isn't as harsh as some other songs, and it has a message most people can relate to?

Yuki Akuma
2006-07-24, 06:02 AM
Actually, I think it's because it would make a good character image song for a roleplaying character. Yeah... ;D

Lykan
2006-07-24, 06:03 AM
The cliche of a wandering adventurer... Nice. :)

Artisan
2006-07-24, 06:06 AM
The cliche of a wandering adventurer... Nice. :)

Like I've always said: "They only become cliche because they're cool"

Beleriphon
2006-07-24, 06:32 AM
Ring, ring, ring
- ABBA

Of all of their songs this is by far the worst. Yet I like it a great deal. Take that as you will.

Goff
2006-07-24, 06:34 AM
Hair Metal!
*Insert guitar going "meedly meedly meedly meeeeeee!" and the smell of hair spray.*

Mötley Crüe (Kickstart My Heart), Van Halen (Jump!), Twisted Sister* (I Wanna Rock), Survivor (Eye of The Tiger), oh and Aerosmith (Dude Looks Like A Lady).
And of course I would have to mention Guns n' Roses because of Axl's bike shorts alone, however, when coupled with with wearing a bandanna and a cap (why one hat when you can wear two?) well, then you know you've got something special.
I know that not all of this stuff technically qualifies for Hair Metal as such, but it's all in the same gloriously bad vein...
Come to think about it, It's no secret shame, I just know that it's bad music and *technically* should be ashamed. ;D

*Gains (loses?) extra points for being especially bad.

Lianae
2006-07-24, 06:50 AM
Heh. Anything 80's - whenever I play my music my friends just shake their heads :P

Edit: Ooh, just remembered another one.
Numa Numa anyone?

Cardel
2006-07-24, 07:05 AM
Dschinghis Khan, Moskau. Its incredibly catchy... they even did it in different languages.

Russian (original by the Khans): Moskau! Moskau!
Finnish or Sweedish, not sure which: Volga! Volga!
Korean: (k)aja! (k)aja!

yes, im sad...

Roland St. Jude
2006-07-24, 01:08 PM
Heh. Anything 80's - whenever I play my music my friends just shake their heads :P ...

Your friends aren't nearly rad enough! I, too, am a big 80s fan.

I'm not ashamed to listen to anything - and I like almost everything. (I don't like really twangy country music, but I listen to everything else from showtunes to hardcore rap to classical pieces to - hey, Headbanger's Ball anyone?) My preference is for late-70s and 80s pop and rock.

Anyway, if there's anything I listen to that's most "against type" - like if you saw me with my iPod you would never guess I was listening to it...I dunno, probably the best of Death Row Records stuff.

Brickwall
2006-07-24, 01:10 PM
"Take On Me" by A-Ha

Okay, I just got back to the boards from watching the music video of that song. This is the first thread I clicked on.

That's messed up!

Anyway, my secret musical shame is...I don't know. I kind of like some annoying songs, but that fades after the first 10 times listening to them

Dr._Weird
2006-07-24, 01:25 PM
Heh. Anything 80's - whenever I play my music my friends just shake their heads :P

Edit: Ooh, just remembered another one.
Numa Numa anyone?

Yes. I have that album and it shames me.

Old_el_Paso
2006-07-24, 03:02 PM
Heh. Anything 80's - whenever I play my music my friends just shake their heads :PMe, my brother, my cousins and my friends and my brother's and cousin's friends all make fun of people who don't like 80's music. And every single one of us wishes we were born 20 years earlier.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-07-24, 06:26 PM
My secret musical shame is the song "Aryan Man Awake," by the neo-Nazi singing duo, Prussian Blue.

Yes, there is a story here.

See, it all began in my Contemporary Problems class. We got Newsweek every week, and we'd discuss things from it. Anyway, one week there was this little sidebar thingy about Prussian Blue, with example lyrics. One of my classmates decided to check the song out, out of morbid curiosity. A few days later she came in and played the song for the class.

It was complete trash. Leaving aside the message of the song, Prussian Blue can't sing, can't play guitar, they definitely can't do both at the same time, and the only reason I could understand the lyrics of the chorus was because they were right there in Newsweek.

Regardless of these things, the tune is rather catchy, and I sometimes find myself humming it. At which point I say ARRRRRRRRGH! and exorcise it with the Imperial March.

blackfox
2006-07-24, 06:28 PM
Hm. I wouldn't say there's many songs I like that I'm not 'supposed' to, but I listen to the Grateful Dead a lot, when only three people I know have ever heard of the Grateful Dead...

Flabbicus
2006-07-24, 06:30 PM
I like the Grateful Dead.

My secret musical shame would have to be... Derek and The Dominos, Matchbox Twenty, Steely Dan, The Replacements, and Tom Petty.

Hadrian_Emrys
2006-07-24, 06:31 PM
In total defiance of the view many have that I am a dark-minded, broody, and all around morbid evil son of a pessimist, I love the small world song from the ride at Disneyland. Go figure.

Abd al-Azrad
2006-07-24, 08:01 PM
Uhh... that's not a Disney original.

Well, see, I have this thing where if someone starts singing Come Sail Away, you know, by the Styx, I can't do anything until it ends. You guys know how that is?

^Not actually true.

My secret shame of songs: *sigh* I Want It That Way, by the Backstreet Boys.

Norsesmithy
2006-07-24, 08:15 PM
Mine is "Gangster Paradise" by Coolio.

It is the only rap song that I could listen to more than twice in a row.

Tom_Violence
2006-07-24, 08:16 PM
I often discover, far too late, when I'm doing something mind-numbing like cleaning up or cooking or whatever, that I've been singing Elton John's Crocodile Rock very loudly. And just the "laaaa la la la la laaaa" bit, as the rest is clearly far too complicated. And I often discover this by having someone else point it out to me.

So perhaps less of the secret there, but by god a helluva lot more of the shame.

Jack Squat
2006-07-24, 10:24 PM
My secret musical shame would have to be... Derek and The Dominos, Matchbox Twenty, Steely Dan, The Replacements, and Tom Petty.

I don't see anything wrong with those bands, they make up a pretty good chunk of what I listen to, and how could anyone not like Layla ???

Flabbicus
2006-07-24, 10:25 PM
I don't know but some of my friends don't like them.

Vaynor
2006-07-24, 10:26 PM
I'm sorry... (www.hipponoodles.com)

Jack Squat
2006-07-24, 10:29 PM
I don't know but some of my friends don't like them.

Try finding friends who like Jethro Tull 8)

Norsesmithy
2006-07-24, 10:38 PM
Dude, Jethro Tull was the first band I ever paid money to listen to (as in bought a tape)

Yes, it was a real long time ago, back in the days of cassets.

GravyThePowrballr
2006-07-24, 10:54 PM
Which one was Jethro? ;D jk

My number one shame is actually learning to Klown. Pretty foolish when I think about it. Oh well. Slap that on the shelf with my MJ moves and Helicopter.

Music wise I am ashamed to know all the words to Get Low. Dirty version even. I'm far to white and I respect women... 'cept for jokes... if they're funny.

geek_2049
2006-07-24, 11:04 PM
Eric clapton is a god, so was Jimmy Page. Please do not diss the Yardbirds. Jethro Tull has a few cool songs. Grateful Dead I could never get into as Jer Bear died before I had a chance to see them live.

For me, movie soundtracks, classical, and video game music mixed with electronica. I have also found myself listening to Indie Rock and liking it. Grr

Check out Vanessa Mae a classically trained violinist frequently mixed with electronica. Classical Gas(on the violin at that)+techno+reggae=nothing you have ever heard before. She also has a unique rendition of Can-Can.

Jack Squat
2006-07-24, 11:21 PM
hmm, well around here no one likes him. Of course that might be because here we have both kinds of music, country AND western

Bookman
2006-07-24, 11:23 PM
hmm, well around here no one likes him. Of course that might be because here we have both kinds of music, country AND western

I like the Blues Brothers Reference (for those of you who don't get it) heh They're a good band duo but probably not a guilty pleasure

Jack Squat
2006-07-24, 11:27 PM
my "secret musical shame" is that I'll listen to just about anything. Including Tiny Tim and '80's pop (such as Kajagoogoo). Not that I'll actually care who knows, but still.

Murky_Pool
2006-07-25, 06:26 AM
Avril Lavigne, I own 2 albums

I old enough to make that practically a crime

Were-Sandwich
2006-07-25, 10:27 AM
I'm sorry... (www.hipponoodles.com)

Bastard. Now thats stuck in my head.

Alarra
2006-07-25, 12:11 PM
Your friends aren't nearly rad enough! I, too, am a big 80s fan.

I'm not ashamed to listen to anything - and I like almost everything. ( I listen to everything else from showtunes to hardcore rap to classical pieces) My preference is for late-70s and 80s pop and rock.
ditto.

Although my friends tend to groan when I pull out my Paula Abdual and Ace of Base cds. :)

Otterella
2006-07-25, 04:30 PM
I am not ashamed of any of the music that I like, although others might be embarrassed on my behalf if they knew I know and love every note and lyric of The Sound of Music soundtrack (BROADWAY version, not the movie).

I am vicariously embarrassed that my husband likes "MmmmBop" and is unashamed of it.

Vaynor
2006-07-25, 04:48 PM
Bastard. Now thats stuck in my head.
Muahahhahahahaaha.

ElfLad
2006-07-26, 12:46 AM
Duran Duran. I typically hate bands that rely on synthesizers, but I really like this band.

And I have every Beatles song (Not what I'm ashamed of). Including Sie Liebt Dich and Komm, Gibb Mir Deine Hand (She Loves You and I Want to Hold Your Hand in German)

RoboticSheeple
2006-07-26, 02:42 AM
As a last.fm memeber I have nothing secret. And I listen to what I like (or maybe what I'm told to like?).

At anyrate... http://www.last.fm/user/RoboticSheeple/ that's what I listen to at my PC.

Equlan
2006-07-26, 04:51 AM
I think the music I am closest to being shameful over, is some techno where some people have added voices from StarCraft - thus making it acceptable to my ears...

And I have to say to Jacksquat3; Jethro Tull is an awesome band! ;D
Lots of great songs ^^

Altair_the_Vexed
2006-07-26, 09:11 AM
I just bought the musical Hair on DVD...

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-07-26, 09:47 AM
Probably the ones that would qualify for me would be the 3-4 country songs in my collections :P Mostly seem to be Big & Rich songs, if that means anything...

Oh, and I do sometimes feel a bit embarassed when I get strange looks from people because I have jpop or jrock on while at a stoplight and the windows down.

Korith
2006-07-26, 10:47 AM
William Shatner's rendition of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". It's just funny how bad it is...

Sombra
2006-07-26, 11:16 AM
I usually listen to alternative rock, some metal and a few other assorted songs... but...

Diana Ross, I will survive. I know the lyrics, have known them for years and sing them everytime I hear the song. I have the cover done by Cake on my iPod to avoid the shame. >.>

Deckmaster
2006-07-26, 07:57 PM
As much as I hate to admit it...

A Flock of Seagulls.

Caillach
2006-07-26, 08:02 PM
Black eyed peas...yup, that's right "my Humps."
I am a horrible person.

ZombieRockStar
2006-07-26, 09:25 PM
I'm sorry; I am normally a huge fan of indie rock and classic rock, but I love early Madonna, especially "Like a Prayer" and "Open Your Heart." These are my hidden shames.

Duncan_MacSmasher
2006-07-26, 09:31 PM
"Fett's Vette" by MC Chris.

It's about Boba Fett! I can like it, right?

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-07-26, 09:51 PM
Heh, I hate heavy rock, prefering some nice light jazz, classical, and especially celtic.

For some reason though I love Heirate Mich by Rammstein. I might like it less if I knew what he was actually saying though ::)

(Btw, those of you ashamed of your musical tastes because of your physical build... what in the glass eye of Vecna does that got to do with flip?)

CombustinPorcupine
2006-07-26, 10:57 PM
I guess I'm kind of ashamed that I listen to the Beatles, because they're the only band I listen too that could be considered pop. Pretty much all my other music is Metal so the Beatles stick out like a sore thumb.

Quincunx
2006-07-27, 10:50 AM
Dschinghis Khan, Moskau. Its incredibly catchy... they even did it in different languages.

Russian (original by the Khans): Moskau! Moskau!
Finnish or Sweedish, not sure which: Volga! Volga!
Korean: (k)aja! (k)aja!

yes, im sad...

I was going to own up to "Djingis Khan" (Swedish ((Vikingarna)), with German variant ((?)) ) as well, but I don't remember that bit anywhere in the song. It doesn't seem to be on the playlist right now, so I can't check it either.

Nonetheless, Jacksquat won the thread already with Tiny Tim, which has now lodged "Tiptoe through the Tulips", as played on Laugh-In, at the top of my brain, thank you so much!

Duncan_MacSmasher
2006-07-27, 11:18 AM
I guess I'm kind of ashamed that I listen to the Beatles, because they're the only band I listen too that could be considered pop. Pretty much all my other music is Metal so the Beatles stick out like a sore thumb.

You should be ashamed that you consider liking the Beatles to be shameful. Everyone likes the Beatles. The Beatles are like pie, but less tasty.

Krytha
2006-07-27, 11:50 AM
Apparently not everyone likes pie (crazy people) - but I only like a select number of Beatles songs.

I guess the only thing that people really laugh at me for listening to is video game soundtracks and not very often either... I have no secret shame! I have no shame! uh...

RoboticSheeple
2006-07-27, 11:53 AM
You should be ashamed that you consider liking the Beatles to be shameful. Everyone likes the Beatles. The Beatles are like pie, but less tasty.

But not everyone likes pie, and I like neither Beatles nor Pie.

Kashinn
2006-07-27, 12:09 PM
Heh, I hate heavy rock, prefering some nice light jazz, classical, and especially celtic.

For some reason though I love Heirate Mich by Rammstein. I might like it less if I knew what he was actually saying though ::)

Well for starters: The title translates to "Marry me"...

And then it continues about a someone who's love died. ...and then visits the grave...
...and then starts to dig up the grave...
...and then starts to kiss the body...
...and then takes the crumbling body away...

Actually I just read the lyrics to translate them to you. Sounds pretty gross.
:o

...and that's from a guy that likes to listen to Rob Zombie from time to time... ;)

Caillach
2006-07-27, 12:44 PM

Never be ashamed of the Beatles. They are beyond great.

If you don't think they're intense enough for you and your metal tastes look at some of their lyrics. "maxwell's silver hammer' anybody?

Old_el_Paso
2006-07-27, 02:12 PM
Ugh, I can't believe I'm going to say this... 100 years by Five for Fighting.

Vaynor
2006-07-27, 07:19 PM
You shouldn't be ashamed of liking the nest band ever. After all, it's "nothing to get hung about."

Ugh, I can't believe I'm going to say this... 100 years by Five for Fighting.
My step-dad helped produce that song/album.

Flabbicus
2006-07-27, 07:25 PM
Old El Paso, I like that song too. :-[ And the song If God Made You...

Thes Hunter
2006-07-27, 08:04 PM
Frist Drink of the Day (http://www.rathergood.com/first_drink/) - My musical shameful happy place ;D

Vaynor
2006-07-27, 08:07 PM

If you don't think they're intense enough for you and your metal tastes look at some of their lyrics. "maxwell's silver hammer' anybody?
http://www.funny-games.biz/animations/13-maxwellssilverhammer.html

The_bard
2006-07-27, 10:45 PM
"stacys mom"

@V what?

Flabbicus
2006-07-27, 10:46 PM
^ Oh my god... :o ??? :'(

Archonic Energy
2006-07-27, 10:51 PM
"stacys mom"

she's got it goin' on...

thanks now that song is in my head...

The_bard
2006-07-27, 10:54 PM
sry, it is teh best song eva!!

Archonic Energy
2006-07-27, 10:58 PM
sry, it is teh best song eva!!

my friend would agree with you however because he is my friend this paticualr song has been over played while in his presence...

Vaynor
2006-07-27, 11:02 PM
"stacys mom"

@V what?
I think he was talking about my post...

awalton87
2006-07-28, 10:10 AM
Dude, Jethro Tull was the first band I ever paid money to listen to (as in bought a tape)

Yes, it was a real long time ago, back in the days of cassets.

Awmg the flute playing fruitcakes? DX

My guilty song pleasure: Baby Got Back >>

sun_tzu
2006-07-28, 01:48 PM
Cartoon songs. Too many of them to name. In four different languages, three of which I understand.

Vaynor
2006-07-28, 01:50 PM
Awmg the flute playing fruitcakes? DX

My guilty song pleasure: Baby Got Back >>

Baby Got Back, pop rock version (http://www.jonathancoulton.com/songs/)

Look at the Baby Got Back one under "Thing a Week I". ;)

Orson_McNichol
2006-07-28, 02:38 PM
The jesus christ superstar movie sound track.

I have been caught doing one man productions of the show in my car one too many times.

LazyJoe
2006-07-28, 06:47 PM
Right, I know everyone has one...a song that you know you shouldn't like, a song by all rights you should loathe, but you can't help tapping your foot to the beat and mouthing the words. Come one, tell us what it is...

Mine is...well, I'm 6'2", black, built like a brick outhouse and my usual haunt is my clubs on rock night. And yet...my secret musical pleasure and shame is "Take On Me" by A-Ha

The shame! The shame of it all!

Wow, coincidence or what? I'm 6'00'', weigh in at 16 stone of muscle, avidly play rugby, and the first song that came into my head was 'Take On Me' by A-Ha. Also, anything by William Shatner, David Hasslehoff and... *sigh* McFly's 'Obviously'...

Oh, and 'Lady In Red' by Chris De Burgh.

... and 'Carrie' by Europe.

ElfLad
2006-07-28, 08:27 PM

Not to mention that "Helter Skelter" is regarded by many to be the first metal song ever.

For me it's "She's Always A Woman" by Billy Joel. I also like "Piano Man," but so do a lot of people from my class.

And some metal band needs to do a full-out headbanging screaming version of Maxwell's Silver Hammer. Done right, it could be better than Iron Man.

Tiferet
2006-07-30, 05:17 PM
I mostly listen to heavy metal and alternative, so I guess I'd have to say my 'muscial shame' is the Spice Girls. I have both of their CDs, and I like almost all of the songs. I know, I suck, but I can't help it! *cries* You should see the look on my friend's faces when we're in the car and my Distubed CD finishes and the CD changer rotates to the next CD and the Spice Girls start playing. I almost got myself killed one day laughing so hard at the look on my best friend's face.

AdInfinitum
2006-07-31, 06:04 AM
"My humps," by Black Eyed Peas. I hate, hate, hate that song. I get no pleasure out of it, only pain. And yet, as I'm flipping past it, it runs through my head, and I...I just can't help it... The foot taps and the lyrics are mouthed... Ugh. It's a song to make shock therapy worthwhile.

Now, if you're talking about songs that I strangely derive pleasure from, then...Hm. Motion City Soundtrack's "Everything is Alright." The lead singer sounds like Kermit, and yet...it's a great song.

Debasier
2006-07-31, 10:50 PM
I like Tatu's version of How Soon is Now, when it was originally done by The Smiths..

eggy_goodness
2006-08-06, 10:18 PM
99 red balloons by Goldfinger! :)
Also I owe my succsess as a runner to The Animatrix soundtrack and the LOTR soundtrack...also Linkin Park. ;)

Chunklets
2006-08-07, 03:14 PM
Social Distortion's cover of "Under My Thumb." An absolutely loathesome song, but SD rocks it up to the point where its unpleasantness is swallowed up by its catchiness.

bosssmiley
2006-08-12, 12:06 PM
I *love* power/speed metal. Always have, always will do. Motorhead, Judas Priest, Helloween, Dragonforce, Iron Maiden: that's proper music that is!

Woah is me. I am in thrall to my denim-wearing, beer-and-whiskey-swilling inner metalhead. :-[

...while we are engaging in this scourging and self-excoriation I'll also admit that I like 'outlaw' country: Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Kristophersen, etc. *weeps*

InaVegt
2006-08-12, 12:35 PM
I don't know the name, but it's from opgezwolle *spits on ground* It's hiphop and not just any hiphop, it's dutch hiphop which makes it even worse! (Dutch hip hop is the worst of all hip hop in existance)

Chunklets
2006-08-12, 03:27 PM
I don't know the name, but it's from opgezwolle *spits on ground* It's hiphop and not just any hiphop, it's dutch hiphop which makes it even worse! (Dutch hip hop is the worst of all hip hop in existance)

I've got a friend who works for a video production company in Copenhagen. While I can't make a comparison, since I've never heard any Dutch hip-hop, let me just say that Danish suburban white-boy rap is pretty awful stuff, especially when the "artists" are trying to be gangsta'.

Athanatos
2006-08-12, 04:11 PM
Linkin Park. As a devoted indie fan, I should by all means despise them, but I can't help but love a lot of their work. I do recognize and dislike, however, the fact that they're too scream-based and that too many of their songs sound like each other.

Deckmaster
2006-08-13, 02:32 AM
I just realized I like Avril Lavigne.

*shoots self in head*

Kiara
2006-08-13, 06:04 PM
Don't judge me too harshly, but... Shakira's La tortura. *runs for cover*

Lucky
2006-08-13, 06:22 PM
Heh... Actually on that note... I just seem to like Shakira... As in most of her stuff... Wow...

Also, Vengaboys We Like to Party. Honestly... I need help...

bosssmiley
2006-08-16, 11:42 AM
Also, Vengaboys We Like to Party. Honestly... I need help...

There is no hope for you. Do the honourable thing.

*leaves loaded pistol on the desk, walks out*

Lucky
2006-08-16, 04:13 PM
Good to here... Mush appreciated... ::)

McDeath
2006-08-19, 08:25 AM
My musical shame is that there is very little music that I actually dislike; I'm an omnifan. Except for rap. Hip-hop, yes. Rap, no. Why? One word: "pimp". Or "ho's". Or "bitches".

Slightly off topic: does anyone know what Bohemian Rhapsody is about? 'Cos I don't.

happyjenn97
2006-08-19, 04:59 PM
I like just about everything except for (most) country and bubble-gum pop. My collection includes Beatles, Metallica, Radiohead, Bach, Indigo Girls, Ella Fitgerald, Nirvana, Garbage, Elvis Costello, Damien Rice, Smashing Pumpkins, Sondheim soundtracks, Janis Joplin, the Cranberries, the Aquabats, and much, much more.

That being said... sometimes I feel mildly ashamed for liking the stuff I used to listen to in middle school. Paula Abdul. Ace of Base. Vanessa Williams. That kind of stuff.

But specific shameful guilty-pleasure songs:
Amish Paradise - Weird Al
Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
and worst of all - by far - that stupid Titanic song Celiene Dion did.

Martyr
2006-08-20, 02:40 PM
Bonnie Tyler's "Holding out for a Hero"

"beats head on table"

I'm a man i'm a man i'm a man i'm a man!!

Appolo
2006-08-21, 12:28 AM
ok, so i am sort of a cross breed emo, hippie, and thrasher, but when i was little, i liked n*sync, backstreet boys, and etc.

(my first concert was the grateful dead when i was 2, so i'm still redeemable.))

Dib
2006-08-24, 02:17 PM
oooh...good question. I'm gonna say the theme tune for Pucca. IT'S SO COOL!!! But incredibly childish.

ElfLad
2006-08-24, 05:11 PM
But specific shameful guilty-pleasure songs:
Amish Paradise - Weird Al
Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
and worst of all - by far - that stupid Titanic song Celiene Dion did.

Heh, Weird Al makes rap good. My geeky pleasure would be "All About the Pentiums."

And I love "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" by Stephen Colbert. (Search YouTube for it.) It's the creepiest song ever, even more than Every Breath You Take, but it's hilarious.

SilveryCord
2006-08-26, 06:08 PM
I like the Black Eyed Peas.
No seriously.
I love the Black Eyed Peas.

Zaggab
2006-08-27, 07:18 AM
My musical shame would be that I hardly listen to music at all. When I say that to people, they just look strangely at me.
It's not that I don't like music, I just don't bother listening to it.

GeeVee
2006-08-27, 12:14 PM
My musical shame would be that I hardly listen to music at all. When I say that to people, they just look strangely at me.

:o

How do you survive without music?

Zaggab
2006-08-27, 01:57 PM
Just fine.
I bet that if you were looking at me when you said that, it would have been in a very strange way.

ElfLad
2006-08-27, 05:05 PM
I used to be the same way, then I got into the Beach Boys.

Then the Beatles. Then Relient K, Switchfoot, Led Zeppelin, Green Day, Pink Floyd, Jimmy Eat World, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, George Harrison, Jimi Hendrix...

GeeVee
2006-08-27, 07:09 PM
Just fine.
I bet that if you were looking at me when you said that, it would have been in a very strange way.

It most certainly would. :P

Maybe that's because I've been singing, listening to and playing music since I can remember. As a matter of fact, my friends are a very music-oriented bunch, every single one of them plays an instrument to some degree (more than half of them being drummers).

Not that there's anything wrong with not being interested in music. I just think that people who aren't are missing out on so much.

Chris_Chandler
2006-08-28, 03:32 PM
Alright, I saw the thread, and the initial posts and went -

"Feh, I deny you. I have no guilt in my musical delight. I like music that might be cheesy, or silly, or just plain bad, at times, but I do not hold guilt to it. I laugh at your insignificance!"

That was, of course, until Saturday, when I caught myself singing along with Portishead.

You win.

Logic
2006-08-28, 07:46 PM
I prefer most of the popular rock/near metal music, with late 70's and 80's rock being a very close second.
But my secret musical shame is anything by Destiny's Child. I cannot help how good their music is. (No I am not just saying this becuase Beyonce is attractive)

Vazzaroth
2006-08-29, 11:53 PM
I have 2 guilty pleasure songs/bands.

First, is that I LOOOOVE Fall Out Boy much to the dismay of my super anti-emo freind, and even I don't like the IMAGE of Fall Out Boy... But dammit if I can get through the day without getting at least SOME part of their songs in my head.

Other than that, I also love "Every time We Touch" by Cascada. Its insanly girl-y techno that even talks about about *gasp* love and not just sex! Something rare on many men's music selection... Just kidding guys. But really. Its a damn girly song and I rave every time I hear it.

P.S. Im fat. You don't wanna see me rave.

Blood
2006-08-29, 11:57 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm the same exact way, even down to everyone else's reactions. ::)

Kallisto
2006-08-30, 09:45 AM
I love Meat Loaf. Everything he did with Jim Steinman.

My husband groans and moans when I listen to his songs. What else can I say? I love Steinman's rock. It makes me want to be a bad girl.

*Runs away in shame.*