PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Please help me make this character. Don't know squat about arcane users.

Pika...
2009-08-01, 09:01 PM
Hey folks and gals.

I got the following idea for a character by searching through this forum's past threads, but am having a hard time putting it together because I have next-to-zip experience with magic. I always avoided magic in favor of psionics.

Basic character concept:
It is a Beguiler from the book Shining South. (Will ask DM for permission, and for an LA if needed)
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4art/20041008b&page=2
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ssouth_gallery/84366.jpg
It is going to be a sorcerer 6.
Going to try to get into the Elemental Savant PrC (Complete Arcane p.32) at level 7.
I want to have it already written as a backup character as Sorcerer 6/Elemental Savant 1 (ECL 7). It will be stored with my other backups in the hopes of getting it OK'd one day.
????
Profit!

Things I could use help with:
Feat Selection (Besides the Energy Substitution feat required for the PrC)
Spells. The PrC has requirements, but I am not sure what to take to meet them. Again, zip experience with magic.
Skill selection for this character that fits it's "theme".
Equipment and Magic Items I should buy for such a character. Note: I would like to keep him armorless and weaponless, and with as few items and gear as possible to fit his "theme" (you know...).
Advice on strategy for this type of combatant.
Advice for roleplaying such a character.
If possible, I'd like him to only be able to say either "Beguiler!", or, well, you know. Anyway of doing this mechanics wise? For example, is there a flaw or something like this?

Thanks!

AstralFire
2009-08-01, 09:03 PM
...You uh... know that if you're elemental, psionics is better at being an elementally blastercaster, right? I wouldn't normally bring this up, but you already prefer them usually. Stuff like Fiery Discorporation, even, is just so much more awesome fluff wise, if you ask me.

Just ask if you can take a feat or something that gives you +1 damage on dice for [Fire]. I think there's something like that in CPsi.

HamHam
2009-08-01, 09:08 PM
You know, I didn't bother to check the picture you linked until I had read the whole thing, and was confused about this "theme" you kept reffering to. Upon looking at the picture:

:amused:

Anyway... I don't think there's any way to not speak Common.

I think you can take Spell Focus for an energy type? So that might be good.

erikun
2009-08-01, 09:21 PM
The only way you could resonably be unable to speak common is if you came from another land that didn't have common. For example, a Drow or Svirfneblin would not automatically know common - although they would know undercommon.

That doesn't mean it can speak common, just that it is likely to know the language. :smallamused:

I've always liked Enshew Materials, as I hate running out of bat**** at the wrong time. :smallyuk: If you're specializing in one type of energy, there is Cold Focus (Frostburn) and Greater Cold Focus, and most likely Fire/Electric versions out there somewhere.

As for blasty spells, the Orb line (Complete Arcane, ironically enough) does a nice chunk of damage, doesn't allow a save, and bypasses SR. Scorching Ray (PHB, Sor/Wiz 2) is a very nice targeted damage spell at lower levels, too. You'll probably want to pick up Shield, Protection from Evil, Expedious Retreat/Fly, and possibly one of the 2nd level buff Transformation spells. I honestly don't like Sorcerers, as I'd hate to get stuck with some spells I never use. :smallannoyed:

AslanCross
2009-08-01, 09:39 PM
*insert obligatory and ultimately unhelpful comment about playing a Beguiler Beguiler*

As AstralFire has mentioned, if you want to go blaster, a Kineticist is ultimately better. Sorcerer has delayed spell level progression; a Wizard or Psion would get 2nd-level spells or powers at class level 3, while a Sorcerer would have to wait till 4th level.

Anyway, Sorcerers are still good for blowing things up, so here's some advice:

-Try to haggle this with your DM: Get Eschew Materials as a bonus feat at Lv 1. Never made sense to me how sorcerers had the same limitations on material components as wizards even if they had the magic inside them. If that doesn't work, you might want to take it anyway.

-Do your homework. Study your spells. Know exactly what they do, what their range is, etc. This is more important for Wizards since their preparation is vital to their performance, but since you blow stuff up it would be better for the game that you know your spells enough to not keep looking them up in the sourcebook. At least in your case, you don't need to study that much. I once built and played a Lv 18 wizard, and had a hard time studying all his spells. @_@

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-08-01, 09:42 PM
Going to try to get into the Elemental Savant PrC
Isn't that the one that forces all your elemental spells to be of one type, so that you're utterly screwed when someone casts Protection from Energy?

Anyways, I'd advise you to pick up Shocking Grasp, Seeking Ray (Or is it called Electric Ray? It's in the Spell Compendium as a level 2 sorc/wiz spell anyways.) Haste, Lightening Leap, and Celerity.

AstralFire
2009-08-01, 09:44 PM
Isn't that the one that forces all your elemental spells to be of one type, so that you're utterly screwed when someone casts Protection from Energy?

It also cuts out three caster levels, IIRC.

Even little just-out-of-middle-school Astral who thought that the most awesome thing she could do with a low level druid was wildshape into a fast bird and run circles around something with body of the sun active looked at Elemental Savant and went "ahahaha no".

No one ever accused me of being smart, except for those damn tests.

Pika...
2009-08-01, 10:28 PM
...You uh... know that if you're elemental, psionics is better at being an elementally blastercaster, right? I wouldn't normally bring this up, but you already prefer them usually. Stuff like Fiery Discorporation, even, is just so much more awesome fluff wise, if you ask me.

Just ask if you can take a feat or something that gives you +1 damage on dice for [Fire]. I think there's something like that in CPsi.

Hmm. I guess you might be right. Also gets rid of the components issue.

But there really aren't that many powers compared to spells, so I figured you could get this character closer to it's intended concept figure.

You know, I didn't bother to check the picture you linked until I had read the whole thing, and was confused about this "theme" you kept reffering to. Upon looking at the picture:

:amused:

:smallbiggrin:

Anyway... I don't think there's any way to not speak Common.

The only way you could resonably be unable to speak common is if you came from another land that didn't have common. For example, a Drow or Svirfneblin would not automatically know common - although they would know undercommon.

That doesn't mean it can speak common, just that it is likely to know the language. :smallamused:

I like the way you think.

I've always liked Enshew Materials, as I hate running out of bat**** at the wrong time. :smallyuk: If you're specializing in one type of energy, there is Cold Focus (Frostburn) and Greater Cold Focus, and most likely Fire/Electric versions out there somewhere.

As for blasty spells, the Orb line (Complete Arcane, ironically enough) does a nice chunk of damage, doesn't allow a save, and bypasses SR. Scorching Ray (PHB, Sor/Wiz 2) is a very nice targeted damage spell at lower levels, too. You'll probably want to pick up Shield, Protection from Evil, Expedious Retreat/Fly, and possibly one of the 2nd level buff Transformation spells. I honestly don't like Sorcerers, as I'd hate to get stuck with some spells I never use. :smallannoyed:

Damn. In hindsight Eschew Materials seems like such an extremely obvious choice.

I will see about an electricity version of that cold feat.

As for the suggested spells, the orbs might work, but I don't think I ever saw him make an orb. The flying, shield, and protection from evil seem even more out of place.

*insert obligatory and ultimately unhelpful comment about playing a Beguiler Beguiler*

???

As AstralFire has mentioned, if you want to go blaster, a Kineticist is ultimately better. Sorcerer has delayed spell level progression; a Wizard or Psion would get 2nd-level spells or powers at class level 3, while a Sorcerer would have to wait till 4th level.

Again there is the very limited selections for psions, which makes copying the character unlikely I believe.

Anyway, Sorcerers are still good for blowing things up, so here's some advice:

-Try to haggle this with your DM: Get Eschew Materials as a bonus feat at Lv 1. Never made sense to me how sorcerers had the same limitations on material components as wizards even if they had the magic inside them. If that doesn't work, you might want to take it anyway.

I think a DM would be being pretty nice as it is to even let this character play. Don't want to push my luck.

*-Do your homework. Study your spells. Know exactly what they do, what their range is, etc. This is more important for Wizards since their preparation is vital to their performance, but since you blow stuff up it would be better for the game that you know your spells enough to not keep looking them up in the sourcebook. At least in your case, you don't need to study that much. I once built and played a Lv 18 wizard, and had a hard time studying all his spells. @_@

Have a bit of short term memory problems, but will try my best.

It also cuts out three caster levels, IIRC.

Even little just-out-of-middle-school Astral who thought that the most awesome thing she could do with a low level druid was wildshape into a fast bird and run circles around something with body of the sun active looked at Elemental Savant and went "ahahaha no".

No one ever accused me of being smart, except for those damn tests.

Well, I really can't have him spitting out fire, or squirting water...

Anyways, I'd advise you to pick up Shocking Grasp, Seeking Ray (Or is it called Electric Ray? It's in the Spell Compendium as a level 2 sorc/wiz spell anyways.) Haste, Lightening Leap, and Celerity.

I should have figured the guy with the yugio avatar would be the one to ask about this.

I especially like the Haste and Lightning Leap suggestions. I can just remain them to Quick Attack and Tail Whip. :smallbiggrin::

However, what does Celerity do?

Mando Knight
2009-08-01, 10:39 PM
Even little just-out-of-middle-school Astral who thought that the most awesome thing she could do with a low level druid was wildshape into a fast bird and run circles around something with body of the sun active

...It isn't? Sounds pretty awesome to me, even if the mechanics/tactics of it aren't optimal.

PId6
2009-08-01, 10:40 PM
Oh you have to get the Electric Jolt spell from Spell Compendium. It's basically an electric version of Ray of Frost, perfect for zapping your trainer allies when they do something stupid.

HamHam
2009-08-01, 10:46 PM
As for the suggested spells, the orbs might work, but I don't think I ever saw him make an orb.

It's your standard B move.

AstralFire
2009-08-01, 10:47 PM
...It isn't? Sounds pretty awesome to me, even if the mechanics/tactics of it aren't optimal.

I meant mechanically.

Aesthetically it is extremely awesome and I robbed it from trying to do a G-Force (Science Team Gatchaman, not the Gerbil movie) in-game.

Celerity makes it instantly your turn.

The limited choice for a Wilder or Psion actually fits more for this character. I mean, they only get four moves. :smallamused:

Random832
2009-08-01, 10:47 PM

Nah. He should be a Beguiler Witchalok.

Or maybe a Witchalok Beguiler.

erikun
2009-08-01, 11:02 PM
Damn. In hindsight Eschew Materials seems like such an extremely obvious choice.

I will see about an electricity version of that cold feat.

As for the suggested spells, the orbs might work, but I don't think I ever saw him make an orb. The flying, shield, and protection from evil seem even more out of place.
Improved Initiative is another good feat for spellcasters.

Orb = Spark, from gold/silver? Or any of the attacks from Smash Bros. I was more looking for spells to go with your elemental theme, as opposed to matching specific attacks. Also, remember that you're a small mammal with 1d4 HP. Unless your "trainer" is planning to fastball special you into an opponent's face, you'll be lucky to get close enough to use Shocking Grasp. :smalltongue:

Shield = Light Screen

Flying and Prot. from X may not work, but Spider Climb could - running up the walls!

....Teleport? :smalltongue:

Also, on a note about Psions, you don't need that many powers for one. Heck, a basic Energy Ray or Energy Missile will work as well at level 20 as it did at level 3. That does free up powers for other options - as a Sorcerer, you need an attack spell memorized for basically every level to remain effective in combat.

HamHam
2009-08-01, 11:08 PM
As for items, Gloves of the Starry Sky.

Pika...
2009-08-01, 11:24 PM
Damn. I was just making the character sheet with suggestions given so far, and I realized while reading the feats that Energy Substitution requires another metamagic feat as a prerequisite. This means I can not get eschew materials. :smallannoyed:

Anyone have any advice for this?

Oh you have to get the Electric Jolt spell from Spell Compendium. It's basically an electric version of Ray of Frost, perfect for zapping your trainer allies when they do something stupid.

Will do!

It's your standard B move.

I was thinking of the cartoon. It's been ages since I played the games.

I meant mechanically.

Aesthetically it is extremely awesome and I robbed it from trying to do a G-Force (Science Team Gatchaman, not the Gerbil movie) in-game.

Well, I do not optimize, and I play for fun, so it's all cool.

Celerity makes it instantly your turn.

Thanks for clearing that up. Not sure if that fits the character well, though.

The limited choice for a Wilder or Psion actually fits more for this character. I mean, they only get four moves. :smallamused:

Perhaps. I am halfway through with him as he is, so it's a bit late to turn back. Now it's a challenge for me to beat.

However, I think later I will stat up a psionic version by myself and store it in my backups as well.

Improved Initiative is another good feat for spellcasters.

Sadly I am again faced with the problem of Energy Substitution needing another metamagic feat as a prerequisite.

Damn, two feats at level 6/7? Makes me appreciate my psion's bonus feats.

Orb = Spark, from gold/silver? Or any of the attacks from Smash Bros. I was more looking for spells to go with your elemental theme, as opposed to matching specific attacks. Also, remember that you're a small mammal with 1d4 HP. Unless your "trainer" is planning to fastball special you into an opponent's face, you'll be lucky to get close enough to use Shocking Grasp. :smalltongue:

I see. I guess you have a point for shocking grasp. However, it would fit with the early days of the cartoon when he would regularly shock Ash. Would be fun to do the same to party members who insist on picking me up. :smallbiggrin:

He still does it occasionally to Team Rocket when they grab him, so i guess it could be pulled off for enemies.

Shield = Light Screen

Good call.

but Spider Climb could - running up the walls!

Again good call.

....Teleport? :smalltongue:

I forget, could he learn teleport?

If it was a TM move, then perhaps I could say he got his hands (or paws?) on a scroll?

Also, on a note about Psions, you don't need that many powers for one. Heck, a basic Energy Ray or Energy Missile will work as well at level 20 as it did at level 3. That does free up powers for other options - as a Sorcerer, you need an attack spell memorized for basically every level to remain effective in combat.

But the saves don't go up well, or even at all depending on the power. The lesser options but we get to augment was suppsoed to be a balancing thing between psionics and magics, but the increasing DC problem (and all the nerfing in Complete s***) made that not true.

Also, I thought sorcerers could spontaneously cast? Hence the big difference between them and wizards, who got to have more spells, but needed to choose which to use each day?

p.s. Can anyone please suggest what Magic Items and gear to get for a caster? Especially one as unusual as this?

AstralFire
2009-08-01, 11:30 PM
Damn. I was just making the character sheet with suggestions given so far, and I realized while reading the feats that Energy Substitution requires another metamagic feat as a prerequisite. This means I can not get eschew materials. :smallannoyed:

Frankly, I've met very few DMs who actually give a damn about the spell component pouch. My methods of keeping casters in check do not revolve around caster-ation, so to speak. I let them keep their little sack safe.

I was thinking of the cartoon. It's been ages since I played the games.

The RBY appearance of all of the Thunder moves was an orb - shockwave, zap cannon, discharge and a few others are still orbs too.

Thanks for clearing that up. Not sure if that fits the character well, though.

Hello? Quick Attack? Agility? :smallcool:

I see. I guess you have a point for shocking grasp. However, it would fit with the early days of the cartoon when he would regularly shock Ash. Would be fun to do the same to party members who insist on picking me up. :smallbiggrin:

He still does it occasionally to Team Rocket when they grab him, so i guess it could be pulled off for enemies.

Use it at the end of charge and you have Volt Tackle.

I forget, could he learn teleport?

No, though quick attack in the Smash Bros. games certainly looks like a teleport, at least in the earlier ones with the lower frame rates.

Also, I thought sorcerers could spontaneously cast? Hence the big difference between them and wizards, who got to have more spells, but needed to choose which to use each day?

They do, but ultimately a sorcerer has less choice because they have a very limited number of spells known a level. And because they have a harder time making use of things like Quicken Spell, their lower level spell slots go to waste a lot easier than a Psion or Wilder's powers.

Another point - Wilders can actually hit things okay when they hafta. Pikachus actually have a slightly higher Atk than S. Atk stat.

erikun
2009-08-02, 12:03 AM
Well, as you mentioned, (corrected) psionics scale the DC with PP expended. A 3 PP power has a DC 12 + modifier, while a 9 PP power has a DC of 14 + modifier.

Magic doesn't work like this. Lightning Bolt is a 3rd level spell, an so has a DC of 13 + modifier. If you spend a 5th level spell slot to cast Lightning Bolt, the DC is still 13 + modifier. Yes, damage does go up with level, but the static saving throws makes your damage lessened.

This is why it's important for an offensive Sorcerer to have an attack spell at every level (or almost every level).

Remember that casting a metamagic spell as a sorcerer uses a full-round action. (under "Sorcerers and Bards" (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#metamagicFeats)) If you want a list of Metamagic feats, here is a bunch of them (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/featsform.pl).

PId6
2009-08-02, 12:25 AM
My methods of keeping casters in check do not revolve around caster-ation, so to speak. I let them keep their little sack safe.
OH MY ARCEUS! How dare you make me read that while drinking soda! Now I have soda all over my screen, HAPPY NOW?

Kylarra
2009-08-02, 12:27 AM
I think I'm gonna have to throw in another card for psionics here. Your basic energy powers should do nicely.

AstralFire
2009-08-02, 12:37 AM
OH MY ARCEUS! How dare you make me read that while drinking soda! Now I have soda all over my screen, HAPPY NOW?

Quite. :smallbiggrin:

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-08-02, 12:44 AM
A Beguiler gets Str -4, Dex +6, Int +2, so I'd go for Int-based casting such as Psion, Wizard, or even Archivist (http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20051007a&page=3). Thanks to various domains, the Druid and Adept spell lists, Divine Bard, etc. an Archivist can learn nearly every electricity-based spell in the game (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=515321). Dip a level of Sacred Exorcist and use Divine Metamagic: Persistent with Stormrage in the Spell Compendium. Best of all, you can take Archivist into Elemental Savant, though I would only take the first four levels of it and then take a different class that doesn't lose out on spellcasting.

Regardless of what classes you use, be sure to get the feat Storm Bolt in Complete Mage. If you make a Sorcerer, pick up Heighten Spell so your reserve feats always work according to the highest level spell slot you have available.

Cieyrin
2009-08-02, 11:46 AM
For metamagic, I was going to recommend Empower but Heighten also works, especially for Reserve feats, though I'm not sure how well that works for Sorcerers, considering it's not like Sorcerers can prepare a Heightened Lightning Bolt to ensure Reserve feat success (not without Arcane Preparation (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Arcane_Preparation,CAr), anyways :smallbiggrin:).

Another feat that looks to be tailored specifically for you is Born of Three Thunders (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Born_Of_The_Three_Thunders,CAr). Certainly for a powerful Volt Tackle or something. :smallbiggrin:

Them's my 2 coppers. Take as you will.

Kylarra
2009-08-02, 02:53 PM
For metamagic, I was going to recommend Empower but Heighten also works, especially for Reserve feats, though I'm not sure how well that works for Sorcerers, considering it's not like Sorcerers can prepare a Heightened Lightning Bolt to ensure Reserve feat success (not without Arcane Preparation (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Arcane_Preparation,CAr), anyways :smallbiggrin:).

Another feat that looks to be tailored specifically for you is Born of Three Thunders (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Born_Of_The_Three_Thunders,CAr). Certainly for a powerful Volt Tackle or something. :smallbiggrin:

Them's my 2 coppers. Take as you will.
This is why Heighten works.

A spellcaster who does not need to prepare spells (such as
a sorcerer) must know an appropriate spell and must have at
least one unused spell slot of that spell's level or higher. If
the character has more than one appropriate spell known, he
gains the benefit only from the highest-level spell for which
he has an unused spell slot of that level or higher.

And of course storm bolt allows you to fire your attacks all day at will equal to your highest level *D6.:smallamused:

woodenbandman
2009-08-02, 08:05 PM
I suggest that for a pure blaster, a wilder is the best option, if only for the free augmentation. It's no picnic picking powers (I suggest energy stun over nearly any other energy power because it's a double threat will save), and make use of the Mantled and Educated wilder variants on the WotC website (google it). Postpone Enervation is great (C.Psi), and you should definitely take Astral Construct on your powers known because the utility uses of an astral construct are ridiculous.

Cieyrin
2009-08-02, 08:34 PM
So we naturally assume Heightened (whatever)? that seems odd to me but whatevs, i assumed we'd go off the unbuffed spell, not the probable spell that probably won't be used.

Dingle
2009-08-03, 04:26 AM
You might be able to get the limited vocabulary as a flaw, when combined with illiteracy if it is still problematic when using tongues. It fits the concept, and is therefore not chosen to not affect you. A lack of ability to communicate effectively is clearly a drawback for any charachter.

Illiteracy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterTraits.htm) is a trait (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterTraits.htm) and the drawback could be changed to limited vocabulary.

You could get the mute flaw as seen in the darths and droids webcomic.

PId6
2009-08-03, 04:35 AM
Just give yourself a high Cha and pretend that you're extremely expressive with your single-word vocabulary. For example:

The electric rat gave a small sigh and muttered, "Beguiler" in a soft and elongated fashion, clearly expressing the question of "Why am I hanging out with these morons?"

Talic
2009-08-03, 04:44 AM

Searing Spell?
Archmage and Mastery of Elements?
Dispel Magic?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-08-03, 05:04 AM
There's also Piercing Cold, and a cold-based caster can go into Frost Mage and outright ignore any protections from cold from spells, spell-like abilities, or magic items. Plus if you get your opponents wet with frigid water any Fort-save spell that you Snowcast will get a +10 DC against them. Mechanically a cold specialist is probably the best choice of any element, though not by much.

olentu
2009-08-03, 05:16 AM
There's also Piercing Cold, and a cold-based caster can go into Frost Mage and outright ignore any protections from cold from spells, spell-like abilities, or magic items. Plus if you get your opponents wet with frigid water any Fort-save spell that you Snowcast will get a +10 DC against them. Mechanically a cold specialist is probably the best choice of any element, though not by much.

Well if I am remembering this correctly creatures with the cold subtype are undamaged by a spell with piercing cold applied. Searing spell on the other hand does not have such a restriction.

Talic
2009-08-03, 05:33 AM
Well if I am remembering this correctly creatures with the cold subtype are undamaged by a spell with piercing cold applied. Searing spell on the other hand does not have such a restriction.

You do remember correctly, which is why Fire is the best specialization for damage.

Air is the best for mobility, as a Elemental Savant 10 becomes an air elemental, and thus gains a 100 foot fly speed (Perfect).

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-08-03, 05:46 AM
They may be immune to cold damage, but you can still get them wet then Snowcast a Disintegrate or Flesh to Stone/Ice/Salt/etc.

Myshlaevsky
2009-08-03, 05:55 AM
They may be immune to cold damage, but you can still get them wet then Snowcast a Disintegrate or Flesh to Stone/Ice/Salt/etc.

Flesh to salt? I've never heard of that one before. Sounds like a gaze attack.

Eldariel
2009-08-03, 06:00 AM
Flesh to salt? I've never heard of that one before. Sounds like a gaze attack.

It's an interesting spell from Sandstorm. Sorta Fort SoD. Sorta.

olentu
2009-08-03, 06:07 AM

This does not really require the piercing cold feat.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-08-03, 06:27 AM
This does not really require the piercing cold feat.

It doesn't, but if you're going to be a cold-based caster, with Piercing Cold, Greater Cold Focus, Cold Spell Specialization, etc., then you'll have Snowcasting anyway. Most builds won't get Snowcasting unless they plan on dropping a Locate City Bomb.

olentu
2009-08-03, 03:10 PM
It doesn't, but if you're going to be a cold-based caster, with Piercing Cold, Greater Cold Focus, Cold Spell Specialization, etc., then you'll have Snowcasting anyway. Most builds won't get Snowcasting unless they plan on dropping a Locate City Bomb.

Well yes if one is set on being a cold based caster then the discussion of which elemental specialization is best to keep your elemental damage from being useless is rather a moot point.

Fri
2009-08-03, 03:23 PM
Just give yourself a high Cha and pretend that you're extremely expressive with your single-word vocabulary. For example:

The electric rat gave a small sigh and muttered, "Beguiler" in a soft and elongated fashion, clearly expressing the question of "Why am I hanging out with these morons?"

This is awesome