PDA

View Full Version : Inside 4: Long Overdue! [ACRO]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Dirk Kris
2009-08-02, 08:08 AM
All standard forum rules apply here, as do the godmodding rules generally agreed upon on this sub-forum.

This thread is for urban shenanigans as Outside is for wilderness shenanigans. It's generally a good idea to mark your PC's location with a [Location] tag at the top of your post so that other players using the thread will know where you are.

This thread is open for use by everyone. Feel free to make up locations within or even man a booth at the open market place. Please be respectful of other people's locations and refrain from blowing them up with an orbital laser strike or something.

There are NPCs all over the place, being a city and all. They are free to be used, abused, blown up, or turned into brain-hungry undead at your desecration. Please be responsible with your NPC use and clean up after you're done.

Above all else, be nice and have fun. That's the point of FFRP after all.

Locations
Barkhouse Bestiary (Public)
Odd that the building had seemed to simply spring up overnight. Even stranger is the fact that is has somehow managed to grow over at ACROville as well. Things like that happen all the time in Nexus though, so perhaps not. Or... perhaps so...

You see, when a building pops up over night in Nexus it is usually not there one moment and then there the next. Those who happened to be wandering about during the wee hours of the morning swear that they saw this odd structure growing out of the ground. Like a malformed tree maturing far faster than any tree has any business maturing. And like a tree the roof of the building sports a canopy of branches and leaves which several local birds have already taken up residence in.

The leaves are thick and broad, the bark a curious brick red color and as smooth as a paint finish. Said bark is peeling in several places, revealing younger mottled green bark below. Rather reminiscent of a madrone, really.

Despite the fact that the building is quite clearly a tree it is also quite clearly a building. A tree that has grown into a rather unnatural shape. Above the front door one will find a sign of bright yellow barkless wood which reads:

Off to the side is what one would assume to be a carved wolf of the same wood baying at the sign. Because tree puns are funny.

One will find that the door opens quit effortlessly into the roomy interior of the tree-house. Perhaps the first thing that might strike one as odd is how well lit it is inside, due both to window pains of transparent plant membranes as well as bioluminescent globes hanging from the ceiling. The whole building feels somewhat humid, though the temperature is quite comfortable for your average humanoid.

Also hanging here and there are wooden cages. More akin to old fashioned song-bird cages that the ugly boxish wire mesh variety. Some of the cages are empty. Others contain various animals, both fuzzy and not, which watch passersby with curious eyes.

Like the cages, in truth like the building as a whole, there really don't seem to be any corners to speak of. Only smooth organic curves in this place. Which makes the counter in the main room stand out a fair bit. But only because of its planed surface. It's certainly by no means square. Or even rectangular. Rather it curves and meanders around a fair bit in a very haphazard way.

Behind the counter is a perch. And on the perch is a rather odd bird painted with earth tones and a fair bit of blue. Should a customer have a message for the owner while he's out it will be more than happy to remember it for you. And if he happens to be in another room the bird will probably squawk until it gets his attention.

From the main room one will find three doors branching off to other chambers, all with similar furnishings and décor as the first. One seems to be packed with various supplies for the proper care of curious critters. Food and bedding and cages and the like. To the right one will find more varied critters as in the first main room, though the temperature here is a little warmer and the lighting slightly more dark. Also of note are a series of raised ponds which contain a plethora of colorful fish.

Yes. Even trout.

The final room is fairly large and packed to the gills with all fashion of truly bizarre plants. Many of which seem to be growing what could be assumed to be... equipment. Rope. Individual pieces of armor, pauldrons and bracers mostly. Pendants. And other less identifiable things. At one wall of the chamber is another pond with a smallish waterfall running out above it. And basking on a rock at the edge of the pond is a three foot long salamander. The amphibian, not the elemental. Near it is a sign which reads:

On the second floor of the tree house is Avatar's workshop and personal quarters, though the means by which this portion of the building is accessed isn't immediately clear. The quarters are rather plain and Spartan. The workshop seems cluttered with notes and cages, though there is some semblance of method to the madness.

In all a rather strange place, no doubt. A strange place that sells custom magical beasts and living wondrous items. How very curious indeed. What an item that won't get fried by disjunction? Need a fire breathing guinea pig? Have you always thought that it would be useful to be resistant to petrifaction? Do you need some exploding seed pods? Then, fine customer, you have come to the right place! The proprietor even takes custom orders, though expect that such creatures will take a day or two to complete. After all, it isn't easy to build a living thing from the ground up.

So come in! Look around! Have your lycanthropy repressed and buy a monkey of healing to sit on your head!

Erin's Emporium (Public)
Construction Gnomes have been hard at work renovating a small store along one of the various merchantile roads. Well, it was small. Now it's bigger on the inside.

And filled with every sort of weaponry imaginable, from across the multiverse. From blaster carbines to P-90s, surface-to-air missiles to ballistas, zats to nunchucks, they're all here.

Is that a siege crossbow sitting in the corner?

The Scrivener (Public)

Just inside the front door are rows of bookshelves, featuring many a book, tome, and article filled with useful information. At first one would assume that this is just a bookstore, but, as the clerk behind the counter will cheerfully inform you, The Scrivener specializes in obtaining and researching information for a fee as well. On the second floor is Douglas' office, where one can hire him as a private investigator.

Camlar Wines (Public)
Camlar Wines
Proprietess: Tessa Camlar Fairley

On entering, Camlar Wines appears more like a home than a shop. There are comfy chairs and a fireplace. The wine is, of course, in the cellar with magical wards to maintain its environment.

The shop specializes in wines from Camlar Vineyards in Faerun, though there are other varieties as well.

Not advertised, but possibly known through word of mouth, is that the proprietess can craft custom magic items with no waiting. Of course it takes time to do, but Tessa cheats. However, the cost is very high.

House of Oddities (Public)
*squeak*
*squeak*
*squeak*
*squeak*
*squeak*

This man approaches an empty lot. Walking over, the man kneels down, setting his briefcase next to him. Opening it up, he leans far in, almost to the waist, before drawing himself back out again, holding a beaker of water in one hand and what appears to be a small model house in the other. Closing the briefcase, the Squeaky Shoes Man maneuvers to the center of the lot.

Placing the model down, he pours the water on it and then dashs back to his briefcase quickly. The model grows, slowly at first, then faster until soon, there stands a single story house. The paint was a hideous cat-puke green and peeling. Rust lined the porch railings and shutters were hanging on their sides. The windows were covered in dirt and dust. The man smiled and picked up his briefcase. Moving quickly to his new abode, the wooden steps gave a strained groan under his weight, but held. The door swings open with a screech and the man steps inside.

Some time later, the man comes out with a hammer and a wooden sign. Staking it in front of the house, somehow pushing it into pavement, the man nods, seemingly proud of his work and goes back inside. The sign reads as follows:

Those who walk up the ominously groaning steps and enter the shop/house will be greeted by an incredibly dusty room. Cobwebs lie all along the walls. Floorboards creak precariously. There even seems to be a hole or two in the floor. This place certainly seems unfit to live. To the right and towards the back of the room is another door that must lead further into the house.

In the middle of the room is a card table with one leg shorter than the others creating that annoying, impossible to remove, wobble. Sitting in a cheap folding metal chair facing the doorway is the Squeaky Shoes man. On top of the table is the briefcase.

Welcome to the House of Oddities. What is your flavor today?

Hestia Cyanide's Potions and Poisons (Public)
The rumbling of cartwheels and the clippetty-clop of carthorses comes to a halt as the quaint little wagon comes to a halt in the empty lot. And I do mean quaint. About the size of a small room, the wagon seems comically tiny compared to the large twin carthorses that pull it, appearing too small for someone to live in, let alone hold a shop in. At least, until it expands. The wagon seems almost to explode as it enlarges, rooms and walls and chimneys and roofs popping and appearing until the wagon resembles a small, double-story, brightly painted cottage on wheels. The house sinks to the ground, wainscots lowering lowering to hide the wheels from view, until steps pop out from the bottom of the front door, coming to the floor, and a stable pops out from the side. A large creature, perhaps a troll, or maybe an ogre or a morlock or a bugbear, comes out the front door, herds the two carthorses into the stables (which, curiously, hold room for four), then returns inside, but not before hanging up a wooden sign proclaiming
Hestia Cyanide's
Potions and Poisons

in large white letters.

The inside of the shop is smoky and warm, with a sitting room at the front, consisting of a variety of mismatched comfy chairs arranged around a low-slung table, and a 'kitchen', if it can be called that, at the back, a chaotic arrangement of shelving containing a perplexing multitude of jars, vials and bottles, all facing inwards towards a giant cauldron (and a small stepladder, for Hestia is of the small sort).

The upstairs part of the store is out of bounds, for it is where Hestia lives and sleeps, when she is not at PEACE.

Samantha's Smith (Public)
An open workyard greets you as you walk up to this building, an anvil and random scatterings of all sorts of raw materials lying on the floor, with neater, untouched pieces stacked in piles up against the wall. A few tools lay on a work bench attached to a forge, which, should one be knowledgeable about these sorts of things, will be found to be of the highest quality.

Inside the building your eyes are immediately drawn to the rows of weaponry adorning the walls. There aren't too many modern weapons there yet, most of the weapons primarily being swords, although there is a large selection of other such weapons as well. All of the weapons that are there are obviously the highest quality, and have clearly been polished recently.

Once your eyes finish taking in the weaponry they'll spot the counter on the opposite side of the room, with a young woman, probably in her early twenties leaning on it, with a cash register off to the side. Her blond hair is tied back in a sensible ponytail, and her smile is warm and genuine as you come in.

Club 30's (Public)
A posh nightclub run by Jack, one of the area's businessmen. Ladies and gentlemen from all walks of life meet and mingle here, so long as they follow the formal dress code. The interior is set up in 50's modern-jazz style. There is a private VIP area for business dealings or couples who want to be away from prying eyes, a bar, and a raised stage. Live music is played nightly, currently fronted by Jack's girlfriend Layla, a pretty blonde elven girl.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/K-CORP.png
Rising up above the urban filth is the golden visage of K-CORP, towering above the neighboring buildings like some sun-temple, casting a dark shadow on the nearby houses an-
Okay, it looks pretty much exactly like the Tyrell Corporation building from Blade Runner, with a few additions. But then, what would you expect from a robot? They aren't exactly renowned for their creativity. People who enter, past the wrought iron gates and the gardens, complete with ornamental peacocks (Replicants, of course), will find themselves in a tremendous foyer, several stories in height (seven, judging from the balconies overhead), dominated by a giant golden fountain, populated by a variety of 'mythical' beings and fae, producing pure water from their mouths, which falls, sometimes for several meters, into the wide pool below, populated with nymphs and mermaids and various aquatic creatures, frozen in a single moment, a snapshot of an idyllic, fairytale life so sickeningly sweet one could contract diabetes from it at a glance.
Past the fountain, at the end of the foyer is a single stone reception desk, bearing the company motto, 'THE FUTURE IS NOW' across it in large friendly letters, manned by a single bored looking receptionist. Soft music (http://wilstar.com/midi/ipanema.htm) drifts across the wide empty space, somehow avoiding echoing or distorting in the cavernous area. That's future tech for you.
Past the foyer? Well then, that's the adventure... :smallamused:

OOC: K-CORP is a manufacturer for various arms and weapons of war, though they do also produce several other future technologies. K-CORP caters mainly to organizations and major groups, and individual buyers shall be directed to Erin's Emporium, which I do believe contains a quite few of our wonderful wonderful products. Of course, the main reason for K-CORP's existence is to provide a base for KR-15 to further his plans to TAKE OVER THE WORLD! Enjoy!

The title is a misnomer, of course. No doubt the moniker of this place was settled on after a brief conversation that started with, 'Wouldn't it be funny if...?'. But now the name has stuck.

But what is this place, you ask?

Quite simple.

This is the place between the others that isn't Outside. Now, not outside as in outdoors. That out-door market place is certainly outside. But it isn't Outside. It isn't nestled between the roaring waves of the sea and the ancient, decaying mountains. It isn't hidden in the wilds.

It's here.

In this city.

This urban center that has burst forth like a field of toad-stools after an autumn rain. This city that begun to grow as soon as the first place of business was planted outside the various ACRO organizations.

It's a strange city, to be sure. Filled with all manner of people and places and dangers and wonders. One day a location may be an empty lot. The next a butcher shop. The next a lichen-choked cathedral long since abandoned. Nothing is static. All is in flux.

It had to have been here before. Right? People walked from the Taverna to the various Orgs all the time. So how would it have been missed? Perhaps it is now so much more real because it has been acknowledged.

So then, what is this place you ask?

Well my dear hypothetical inquirer, it is the urban counterpart of Outside. It is the inns and shops and streets and slums. The markets and the parks and the fountains and the city squares. It is the libraries and the places of worship and the dank sewer systems. It is all the urban locations that don't have a place to call their own.

Always wanted to crash through a fruit stand in a dramatic chase scene? Well now you can.

Beware the Cute Diseased Pigeons, however. While they may be adorable they are known carries of the deadly Vaporization Flu.

AmberVael
2009-08-02, 08:20 AM
(Might want to remove that OOC tag up at the top. =P)

horngeek
2009-08-02, 08:48 AM
[Robot Guards R Us]

Hi!

...whatever. I just need two robot guards that could be reasonably expected to defend against stuff of a moderate level.

Of course! We have guard dogs!

:smallconfused:

They have lasers.

Okay, I'll take four. I'll transport them myself.

Ashen Lilies
2009-08-02, 08:55 AM
[Robot Guards R Us]

A little spy camera swivels, wondering who the hell buys robot guard dogs. :smallconfused: :smalltongue:

Dirk Kris
2009-08-02, 08:57 AM
Jack's Penthouse
After a long weekend spent at the club, Layla sleeps dreamlessly in Jack's bed, curled on her side, snuggling a pillow. Aww.

Neon Knight
2009-08-02, 09:00 AM
[Jack's Penthouse]

Jack himself is sitting close by, smiling at her while petting one of the large, quiet shadow dogs.

He gets up and goes to make a call about getting a street repaired.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-02, 09:04 AM
Jack's Penthouse
Layla mutters something in her sleep and nuzzles her face against the pillow. Suddenly she bolts awake and sits straight up, the sheet falling. Her caramel-colored eyes are wide, and her chest heaves as she pants for breath. "She needs me." The statement is simple - a fact. Layla swings her feet off the bed and heads for the closet to fetch herself something to wear.

Neon Knight
2009-08-02, 09:06 AM
Jack's Penthouse

Jack hears Layla getting up and finishes his phone call. "Good morning, darling."

Dirk Kris
2009-08-02, 09:10 AM
"Morning." Layla seems distracted, her hands shaking slightly. "I need to go...do you know someone named Bushranger? From...HALO? I need to find him. Well, her, but..." Layla clenches her hands into fists, unclenches, clenches. She's clearly upset about something.

Neon Knight
2009-08-02, 09:12 AM
[Jack's Penthouse]

Jack is surprised, but reaches out to stroke her cheek. "Hey, hey.. hold on. You need to go somewhere, I'll let you go there. But could you please explain to me? I don't know who you're talking about."

Dirk Kris
2009-08-02, 09:16 AM
Jack's
Layla sighs, melting a little as Jack touches her cheek. She wonders if she'll ever get used to it - and hopes that she doesn't. She slips on a black baby-doll style dress and sits at the foot of the bed. "Remember when you found me? There were three of us. Alexi was the man, and she and I...something's wrong with her. I can feel it."

Neon Knight
2009-08-02, 09:19 AM
[Jack's]

"Oh, I see. Do you need to go alone, or can I come with you and try to help?" Jack looks at her carefully. "She's like a sister to you, isn't she?"

Dirk Kris
2009-08-02, 09:22 AM
Jack's
Layla shrugs. "I guess. And I feel so silly, I don't even know what name she's using now." She reaches over and takes Jack's hand in hers. "I would love it if you came with me, Jacky. Thank you." She stands and tries to give his cheek a kiss. "I guess because we all used to be the same person, I can tell when something's wrong. I hear that twins sometimes have a connection like that."

Neon Knight
2009-08-02, 09:25 AM
[Jack's]

Jack is kissed on the cheek and reciprocates the action. "Alright, then. It's settled. Let's go find her." Jack will grab his cellphone so that he can make a few business calls on-route.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-02, 09:27 AM
Jack's
Layla nods, deciding to leave her gun, then heads for HALO.

Neon Knight
2009-08-02, 09:31 AM
[Jack's]

Jack follows.

Darkcomet
2009-08-02, 09:56 AM
[Gangland]

The merc assault force, significantly weakened by the Deus Ex Mag-ina, is working on establishing control over the areas they've blown through already rather than advance further. They won't do that until they get reinforcements.

Neon Knight
2009-08-02, 09:57 AM
[Gangland]

The turf lost to the mercs has apparently been conceded, as probes and attacks on these sectors is almost non-resistant.

Neon Knight
2009-08-02, 03:43 PM
[Relief Center]

May is busy aiding those harmed in the recent fighting. Today she's working in the triage, having taken enough first aid lessons to help out there.

The Bushranger
2009-08-02, 03:46 PM
[Erin's Emporium]

Erin is behind the counter today, reading a book.

[Streets, somewhere...]

A shimmering, wintry-looking chimera-like beast swoops over the various fighting, its rider paying no heed to events below as it heads in the direction of the Taverna.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-02, 04:02 PM
Erin's
A little ferret wearing a pouch slung over his back scampers into the store and up onto the counter. He regards Erin curiously, then a low male voice comes into her mind. Hey there. I got the thing delivered to the guy at...this address. He slides over a little scrap of paper and tilts his head to the side. Anything else? And who're you, anyway? We haven't met.

The Bushranger
2009-08-02, 04:14 PM
[EE]

Erin looks up and regards the ferret curiously for a moment, then smiles as she takes the paper and looks at it. Are you talking about Greg, perhaps? And I'm Erin, Erin O'Connell.

It might be noted that there are two entirely different Erin O'Connells in town at the moment. :smalltongue:

What's your name? I presume it's not Ferretina the Weasel Queen...

Dirk Kris
2009-08-02, 04:19 PM
EE
The ferret's mental voice is tinged with amusement. About as likely as you being the King of Trolls. I'm Meridian. He tilts his head to the other side, pawing at his whiskers. Erin - as in shop owner Erin?

Lord Magtok
2009-08-02, 04:29 PM
Raril lets out a low growl in frustration. He was still angry, but the conniving drow could see the brutal logic in the Cyborg's plan. "Provoke them? Yeah, it'll get them to rally and go after him, eventually. Until then, He's got me playing hit man and doing tasks that are more suited for my brother. You know I'm getting the short end of the stick, here. If I do anything to hurt them, they'll come after me long before they get to him, and I don't dare refuse him. My sanity can't take it. Damn you, Magtok!" He snaps, letting go. "I was trying to stay away from this. I was trying to change, but now you've got me back to being a hired killer. You had better pray I can play this right. I had finally built up a tiny bit of happiness for myself, and if that gets ruined, you are the first one I'm coming after."

The Magtok who might not be Magtok takes care to hold that lead umbrella just right again. He still appears awfully unemotional about this whole state of affairs. He can't help but worry that Rabbit may've had a point after Melody died, that he possibly doesn't actually care about others at all, and this is all a big ego thing for himself.

If it's any comfort, after your wife'll outruns you, gets to me first, and tears off my jawbone with her bare hands, I'll probably have at least a few hours for you to do as you wish before I go back to Hell. More, if you've got any healing supplies at the time.

Now then, I've an important meeting to get ready for. If there's something else you'd like to say or a fist you'd care to introduce to the soft side of my face before we go, now's your chance.

The Bushranger
2009-08-02, 04:31 PM
[EE]

Erin chuckles, and nods. That'd be me. Shop owner, happily married and proud mother of two daughters, and cheerfully chaotic netural.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-02, 04:35 PM
EE
The ferret extends a tiny paw. Well then, I work for you. This nifty little thing... He pats at the pouch on his back. Was a little out of my budget. So I worked out a trade deal. I'm working it off. You're looking at your newish courier. He grins.

The Bushranger
2009-08-02, 04:47 PM
[EE]

Erin laughs good-naturedly and carefully accepts the paw to shake. I bet you're pretty good at it, too. Nobody expects the ferret.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-02, 04:53 PM
Or his bag of holding. And I'm not a thief - that's what made me the right man for the job - so to speak. His jaws crack in a ferretty yawn. Look, could you do me a solid and find me somewhere soft to sleep? I'm bushed.
((ruh-roh, the deadtimer is calling))

Neon Knight
2009-08-02, 04:57 PM
[Jack's Penthouse]

Jack and Layla should arrive here.

The Bushranger
2009-08-02, 05:02 PM
[EE]

Erin chuckles. Sure can. I've got a nice soft cushion in a basket right here. She sets it out in a quiet place for her muscaline courier to snooze in.

Artemis97
2009-08-02, 07:09 PM
The Magtok who might not be Magtok takes care to hold that lead umbrella just right again. He still appears awfully unemotional about this whole state of affairs. He can't help but worry that Rabbit may've had a point after Melody died, that he possibly doesn't actually care about others at all, and this is all a big ego thing for himself.

If it's any comfort, after your wife'll outruns you, gets to me first, and tears off my jawbone with her bare hands, I'll probably have at least a few hours for you to do as you wish before I go back to Hell. More, if you've got any healing supplies at the time.

Now then, I've an important meeting to get ready for. If there's something else you'd like to say or a fist you'd care to introduce to the soft side of my face before we go, now's your chance.

Raril's hands clenched into fists. Hitting the Cyborg sounded like a really good idea, although he knew it wouldn't really help anything. The man who might be Magtok might notice that white fur was crawling down the drow's arms. A cruel smile played across his face. "You know, I do know a few healing spells, actually. I wonder if I can beat my old record for keeping a man alive. But if it's going to go bad for you anyways, why are you doing this? I thought you were a villain, Magtok. I can see trying to bump off the competition, but you're putting yourself at risk, here, too. What's the deal?" Curiousity had one out for the moment, but Raril was looking more and more lupine by the second.

AmberVael
2009-08-02, 09:50 PM
Yaza leads Shrike away from her manse, and into the streets of inside, looking for a place they could go to...

The Bushranger
2009-08-02, 09:55 PM
Shrike follows Yaza, unconsiously putting a little more sway in her hips than she would have in the past.

AmberVael
2009-08-02, 10:09 PM
Yaza and Shrike slowly make their way through inside, further and further in into they make their way into the shadier sections of the city.
Though sight-seeing is interesting, Yaza slowly loses interest, and finally takes them into a crowded bar known as the Emerald Talent.

The two of them attract a fair bit of attention, not to mention some lewd remarks, though Yaza ignores them all, remaining entirely emotionless as she orders a pair of drinks and takes them out of the center of attention.

The Bushranger
2009-08-02, 10:12 PM
Lewd remarks might find their makers on the receving end of Shrike's Glare o' Death, intended to freeze unwanted advances in their tracks at 10 paces. :smalltongue:
She follows Yaza silently but with a bit of a smirk, thinking that this kind of place is, in fact, much more to her liking than the Taverna...

AmberVael
2009-08-02, 10:13 PM
A fight breaks out towards the center of the room, away from them, with two men beginning to smack at each other with available chairs.
"Unusual atmosphere."
Observes Yaza.

FireFox
2009-08-02, 10:14 PM
Douglas makes his way comfortably down the seedy streets of Inside until he reaches the Emerald Talent. The gold-skinned woman catches his interest, and he follows her and her companion inside. He makes sure to hang back, so as to enter while everyone else is looking at the two.

The Bushranger
2009-08-02, 10:21 PM
Yeah, but it's the kinda place I like, Shrike says with a soft chuckle. You never know what to expect. Oh, and we're being followed.

AmberVael
2009-08-02, 10:26 PM
Yaza glances at Shrike.
"Are you sure?"
She's got some good senses, but isn't one to notice things like that.

FireFox
2009-08-02, 10:27 PM
Douglas, seemingly occupied solely with expertly warding off pickpocket attempts, makes his way to the bar, away from Shrike and Yaza.

The Bushranger
2009-08-02, 10:31 PM
Mm, think so. He slipped in right after we did.
Shrike points at Douglas. And I think he was behind us before then, too.

AmberVael
2009-08-02, 10:33 PM
"Huh. Well, we'll see what interest he has..."

The bar fight is quieted down as the bouncer threatens to break the limbs of the fighters if they don't quit it.
The bouncer happens to be a very large woman with an equally large cudgel that looks like it could bring down a small dragon, so they quiet down, with one deciding to vacate the bar entirely.

FireFox
2009-08-02, 10:34 PM
Shrike will possibly pick up on the nonchalant bar scannings that mask Douglas' covert sizing up of the two women. His fieldcraft is pretty darn good.

McBish
2009-08-02, 10:35 PM
Angie comes outside of the tavern. She waits for the others before heading out in a seemingly random direction she pauses every now and then continues to walk. They are heading towards some big houses.

The Bushranger
2009-08-02, 10:38 PM
Shrike does indeed. Her Sense Motive is pretty good.
Unlike that of her sister. :smalltongue:

I suppose we will, she responds to Yaza, making a point of staring in Douglas' direction.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, Erin emerges from the Taverna and follows Angie a little uncertainly.

Krisonna follows as well, in auto-follow mode since Kalie deadtimed.

AmberVael
2009-08-02, 10:44 PM
Yaza seems more like some kind of rich merchant or noble type- her physique is made more for beauty than durability, lacks muscle, and is rather showy, to put it mildly. Of course, the fact that she's obviously synthetic is also likely to draw attention...

She strokes her fingers along Shrike's hand, trying to draw her attention back to her.

FireFox
2009-08-02, 10:47 PM
Douglas continues to surrpetiously observe Yaza for a few more seconds, then gets tired of Shrike's staring and walks over to the two.
... He's concealing a knife in the right sleeve of his coat, ready to drop it in his hand. I don't know if Shrike is that good though...

McBish
2009-08-02, 10:48 PM
[Streets]

And soon Angie and Erin and auto-follow Krisonna are outside a very large house. There stands a large muscular man. "Ah Angie you came back, we have been missing you." He says with a fairly heavy Russian accent. "And you have brought friends. Welcome friends to the Were-House."

Angie grins. Don't worry it's just a name.

The man opens the door for them and they hear heavy bass sounding music coming from the dark house.

The Bushranger
2009-08-02, 10:50 PM
Shrike is...strikingly exotic. Her red hair tipped with white, and deeply bronzed skin with faint whitish veins if you look at it hard enough. Her eyes a most unusual greenish-brown-blue, and piercing,

Yaza does succeed in drawing her attention, and a smile. So she does miss Douglas' concealed knife...

[Streets]

Erin swallows a little, but nods at Angie.
Part of her is curious about the place.
A larger part of her is crying out, hurting for Angie...

AmberVael
2009-08-02, 10:52 PM
Yaza glances up at Douglas as he approaches and smiles politely, but without emotion or warmth.
"Greetings. Is there something you want?"

FireFox
2009-08-02, 10:56 PM
He glances at Shrike. You're the one who's staring at me. But while I'm here, I must admit I'm curious about you two ladie...

McBish
2009-08-02, 10:57 PM
[Were-House]

Angie does her best to ignore the feelings coming from Erin as she walks inside the house. The huge house doesn't have much furniture in it, but a large bar can be seen in the entrance room that has large stairs heading both up and down. The place is packed with people. A couple of them wave to Angie as they see her, she waves back and makes her way through the large group of people.

The Bushranger
2009-08-02, 11:02 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Shrike raises an eyebrow and looks back at Douglas. I was only staring 'cause you followed us first, and I take potential threats seriously. What's got you so curious?
Probably the collar...

[Were-House]

Erin tamps down her emotions as they head in, deciding to see how things are. Although she's not quite as good at shielding as she used to be...

She follows Angie, looking around curiously, and trying to take in the ambiance of this strange place.

((And BR, alas, must sleep now))

AmberVael
2009-08-02, 11:04 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Yaza's hand partially glitters in the light as she adjusts her hand around Shrike's leash, raising an eyebrow as she watches Douglas.

FireFox
2009-08-02, 11:08 PM
... I don't know where to start. He looks at Yaza. I'm sorry, I don't mean to bother you to ask probably offensive questions.

AmberVael
2009-08-02, 11:10 PM
[Emerald Talent]

"If you intend no harm, and speak only out of ignorance as opposed to malice, I will not hold it against you."
Yaza gestures for him to take a seat.
"I am Yaza, Precise Workings in Gold, and this is Shrike."

McBish
2009-08-02, 11:12 PM
[Were-House]

Not sure if BR has been to many modern bars or clubs, but it is a lot like that. It is packed with people, loud music playing. Most of the people seem to be having a great time, a lot of them seem very friendly. Also there are strong sexual overtones in the place. A good many of the women are dressed in very skimpy outfits. A number of couples head upstairs for some alone time.

Angie waves over to a young well dressed man, talking to a kid probably around 15 with short curly blond hair. The man waves back with a smile.

((Night.))

FireFox
2009-08-02, 11:13 PM
He sits down, and his knife silently goes away. I'm Douglas. I deal in information. Buy it, sell it, trade it. I also do things like research locations of artifacts and retrieve them. Curiosity is my trade. I'd just like to know what you are.

AmberVael
2009-08-02, 11:17 PM
[Emerald Talent]

"My nature is classified information. However, I can inform you that I am an artificer, capable of creating artifacts. I have taken a number of commissions, and Shrike and I are just resting after work on the most recent commission."
Yaza informs him.

FireFox
2009-08-02, 11:20 PM
... All right, thanks for your time. His voice matches her own in coldness as he gets up and starts to walk away.

AmberVael
2009-08-02, 11:22 PM
[Emerald Talent]

"I apologize if I seem rude. Emotion and empathy are not my strong points."
Yaza says, before he can get away entirely.

FireFox
2009-08-02, 11:24 PM
That's great, hun, I'll be sure to drop on by if I ever need an artifact or something. And he's gone, disappearing into the night, and deadtime.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 08:08 AM
Jack's Penthouse
Layla sleeps dreamlessly, again, curled up...wherever Jack left her the night before.

Erin's
Meridian the ferret wakes up on a soft cushion and makes a mental note to thank Erin for it later. He checks his shipping list for the day and starts working.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 08:26 AM
[Jack's Penthouse]

That would be in Jack's comfy bed.

Jack is in the next room, talking quietly on the phone.

[Temple]

Milli wakes up.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 08:41 AM
Jack's
Layla's eyes eventually flutter open. She sees that Jack is not next to her and sighs, rolling onto her back. She smiles as she realizes she is still dressed - seems Jack is ever the gentleman. Not hearing the shower running, Layla lays still and quiet, listening for her beau.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 08:44 AM
[Jack's]

Layla can hear Jack's voice speaking softly in the next room, loudly enough to be heard but quiet enough so that he would be unlikely to wake her.

Sounds like business.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 09:44 AM
Jack's
Curious, Layla strains her ears to see if she can make any part of the conversation out.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 09:48 AM
[Jack's]

Bits and pieces. Words here and there. "Guns, losses, payment, and mercs" are all repeated at least once.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 09:55 AM
Jack's
Layla nods and silently rises from the bed. She considers making her way into the kitchen, then decides instead to head for the shower. She lets her dress fall to the floor, then steps into the shower, gasping as she turns on the water and the coldness hits her. She closes her eyes and waits for it to warm up - that's her favorite part.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 10:00 AM
[Jack's]

As Jack finishes up his phone call, he hears the shower turn on. He walks back into the bedroom and stands in the bathroom doorframe. "Morning, darling. How are you feeling?"

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 10:01 AM
Jack's
Layla smiles - he can hear it in her voice. "I'm perfectly fine, Jacky. Look, I know how busy you are, so...thanks. For coming with me yesterday. It...meant a lot to me."

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 10:06 AM
[Jack's]

"It was no problem. You need anything, you get it."

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 10:10 AM
Jack's
Layla turns off the water to the shower and steps out, aware of the powerful effect her nude body has on Jack. "So..." She steps forward, hair dripping, voice sultry. "Are you making a deal, Jacky? Because I want in." She purrs and trails a finger up Jack's chest.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 10:16 AM
[Jack's]

Jack's eyes widen appreciably and his white smile grows wide at the sight of her tanned form. "I think I can deal you in, for a price..." One hand moves to rub her shoulder while another slips to cup her rear.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 10:23 AM
Jack's
Layla grins and presses herself against Jack, humming pleasantly at his touch. She kisses his jaw. "Baby, whatever you're into, I want in, too. I can help, you know." She grins and slides both hands up his chest and over his shoulders to knead lightly at the nape of his neck. "As for price - you know anything's worth it for you, baby."

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 10:29 AM
[Jack's]

"I think you'll do well. It would be nice to have a partner I could really trust." He lifted a lock of her hair to his face and sniffed it, enjoying the scent. "Tell you what. A trip to the bed for some fun, and then, afterward, I can fill you in one the deal and all the relevant details. Sound good?"

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 10:35 AM
Jack's
Layla grins, taking Jack's hand and leading the way to the bedroom. "Take me - I'm yours."

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 10:43 AM
[Jack's]

Upon arriving, Jack pulls her close and kisses her fiercely. The two fall onto the bad as the curtain falls...

It'll rise fairly quickly, though. Jack needs to outline some things to Layla. "Alright. You ready to hear the details?" Jack keeps one arm around her waist, and another stroking through her honey colored hair.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 10:46 AM
Jack's
Layla nods, her face nuzzled against Jack. She places soft, light kisses all over his chest, listening intently. "I'm so ready."

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 10:51 AM
[Jack's]

"Alright. Now, I'm a middleman. I've been dealing armaments for this guy to the local gangs for a while. Sales have been pretty good, but these mercs recently showed up declaring a revolution or something."

"That means there has been a lot of upheaval recently. A new gang just popped up. They've got a lot of men and a lot of turf. I need to get them buying. If they go up against the mercs as is, their sector will fall."

"There are two meetings I need to make. One is to a local warehouse owner, to get him into my pocket so that I can do business there. The other is meeting with the gang's boss."

"I was thinking you could handle the first while I take the second. Saves me some time, and I think it'll give you an opportunity to figure things out."

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 10:58 AM
Jack's
Layla licks her lips and nods. "So what do you want me to do, Jacky? Convince him that we're people it's better to work WITH than against?"

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 11:00 AM
[Jack's]

"Exactly. He just lets us us his property and looks the other way, and we don't have a problem. We'll even provide certain benefits for his cooperation."

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 11:00 AM
((Grr. Had a longer post typed up. And then the power blinked... >.<)

[Were-House]

The closest BR has ever come to being in a club, bar, or anything of the sort, is TGI Friday's...

Erin starts wandering off a little bit, wanting to put a bit of distance between herself and her emphatic friend as she tries to collect and analyse her emotions. Leaving Angie to talk with her friends, as she heads in the direction of the bar.

[Emerald Talent]

Shrike raises an eyebrow at Douglas' hasty retreat.
Well, that was certainly...abrupt, she comments to Yaza in a rather dry tone.

McBish
2009-08-03, 11:07 AM
[Were-House]

Well Angie goes over and talks to the well dressed man as the kid flops on a newsies style hat and heads out. Anyone watching might notice a exchange of one pouch for a small bag.

If Erin wants to reach the bar she has to push or squeeze through people to get there. Once she reaches it a handsome looking bartender is there, "Hey what can I get you?"

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 11:11 AM
[Were-House]

Erin notices from the corner of her eye, before turning away completely and purposefully making her way to the bar. Because she finds she needs a drink...
Er, h-hi. Do you have a drink called a Black Shadow?

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 11:16 AM
Jack's
Layla nods. "And am I authorized to make those incentives known to him? Or am I just to use my...wits...to get him to agree?"

McBish
2009-08-03, 11:16 AM
[Were-House]

"Of course." He says mixing it efficiently and quickly. He sets it down in front of her and names a price. Erin may notice there are several large bouncers making rounds from this place, and a pretty steady stream of people coming from and going downstairs. Also from a balcony there sits a handsome older gentleman in a pin stripe suit flanked by two very attractive women and talking to several other men.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 11:20 AM
[Jack's]

"Feel free to tell him." Jack tried to kiss her again. "I'm sure you'll be able to get him to see things our way."

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 11:31 AM
Jack's
Layla lets Jack kiss her and returns the gesture before getting up and heading over to the closet. "What to wear, what to wear...aha!" Layla pulls out a black, form-fitting dress, complete with thin white pinstripes. "Properly business-like, right?" Oh, and the long, sexy slit up one leg helps. Layla pulls the dress on over her head and moves over to the bedside table for her gun and garter.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 11:31 AM
[Were-House]

Thanks. Erin quickly sets out the required coin and takes a long sip of her drink, shivering pleasantly as it goes down before turning her attention to the crowd, making a note of the Pin-striped Man as she takes another sip.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 11:35 AM
[Jack's]

"Right, indeed." Jack smirked a she got up and got dressed.

((Sadly, I need to deadtime for a bit. I'll be on again in an hour or two.))

McBish
2009-08-03, 11:39 AM
[Were-House]

The crowd is fairly young and there looks to be all sort of type of people. Lots of very pretty women and a wide assortment of men.

Angie pushes her way through the crowd over to Erin. She seems bubbly with energy. Hey having fun yet?

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 11:43 AM
[Were-House]

Well, it's certainly different, I'll g-give it that. Erin smiles at her friend, still looking worried but also seeming lifted by seeing her happy. Is this place always this...frenetic?

McBish
2009-08-03, 11:47 AM
[Were-House]

Angie smiles and nods. Yeah pretty much. You should see the dance floor.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 11:54 AM
Jack's
Layla smiles and slips on her thigh holster, pulling the lacy garter over it. The feel of the cool metal against her inner thigh makes her feel excited, dangerous. She straps on her black stilettos, and calls for the shadow dogs to accompany her. Hoping they do (and willing to edit), she heads out.

Shady Warehouse
Layla strikes an impressive figure in her black dress, flanked by the two huge shadow mastiffs. She finds a man in a forklift by the bay doors and asks for the boss in her most sultry voice. The man runs - RUNS - to do as she asks.

The owner, a sweaty man with a beer belly and thinning hair, seems pleasantly surprised that Layla wants to see him. He gladly points the way to his office, letting her lead. Layla lets her hips sway, knowing it will help her negotiations.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 11:54 AM
[Were-House]

Erin's eyebrows raise. Really? I haven't danced in ages...

McBish
2009-08-03, 11:57 AM
[Were-House]

Angie grins and nods. She takes Erin's hand and starts to lead her towards the stairs heading downstairs. There is a packed dance floor with pounding music and flashing lights. There are several dark corners for some more intimate dancing seems to be happening.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 12:03 PM
[Were-House]

Erin lets Angie lead her down the stairs, her cheeks flushing a bit at the sight of the dance floor. And yet she also seems a little energised by the music and raw energy of the place.

McBish
2009-08-03, 12:08 PM
[Were-House]

Angie smiles sensing Erin's feelings. She starts to pull her out to the dance floor pushing her way through the people waving to several people who wave back. There is a lot of jumping up and down and general grinding. There are also a few hot shots who enjoy showing off their fancy dance moves.

Angie sticks close to Erin still grinning and hopping up and down to the beat of the music.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 12:13 PM
[Were-House]

Erin grins a bit and decides that, at least right here and right now, she can cut loose, maybe, just a little...
I've never d-danced like this before. Maybe you could show me some of the moves? she asks Angie as she tries to pick up the beat of the music.

McBish
2009-08-03, 12:15 PM
[Were-House]

It is a fairly simple pulsing beat, easy to pick up. Angie leans in yelling to Erin over the music. Just move. Don't think about how you look, it's fun and easy that way. She says jumping up and down spinning around in circles.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 12:21 PM
Shady Warehouse
Layla steps out of the owner's office, smiling coyly and shaking his hand. The man's fingers linger in hers a few moments longer than neccessary, and he leans forward to whisper something into her ear. Giggling, Layla pulls away and shakes her head. "That would make our relationship decidedly less professional, and I don't think that would do at all, do you?" She grins, leaving the man stupified, and strolls towards the exit. She snaps her fingers, and the shadow mastiffs come trotting after her.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 12:49 PM
((My apologies for that.))

Jack certainly doesn't mind letting the shadow mastiffs accompany Layla. And form the sounds of it, the business at the warehouse goes very, very smoothly.

If Layla goes to [Jack's], she'll find that he's just gotten back form his own deal.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 12:57 PM
Jack's
Oh, and there she is, shadow pooches in tow. Layla grins at Jack as she comes in the door - how fortunate he got back before her, since she doesn't have a key. Strutting across the room, swaying her hips, she grins and gives his lips a light, teasing kiss. "So, Jacky baby - how'd it go?"

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 12:59 PM
[Jack's]

"Good. I've got a new customer, and the mercs will have more fun toys to deal with." Jack grinned up at her. "Have I ever told you that you look simply divine?"

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 01:03 PM
Jack's
Layla pretends to think it over. "Beautiful, amazing, sexy, wonderful...nope, that's a first for divine. Thanks, babe." She grins and gives him another kiss. "You also have a new place to store your toys, because the owner was QUITE compliant and looking forward to our business relationship." She sits lightly on the couch, crossing her legs. The slit in her skirt rises dangerously high, the edge of the lacy garter juuuuuust showing. "And we only have to pay him half as much as we were discussing. In exchange for a free drink every now and then at the club." She winks. Ooooh, she's so naughty!

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 01:11 PM
[Jack's]

Jack smiles. "That's very, very good news." He slides in close to sit next to her and places a daring hand upon her leg.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 01:13 PM
Jack's
Layla grins and giggles a bit, leaning a little closer to Jack. "So I did good, Jacky? Think I'll make a good partner?"

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 01:15 PM
[Jack's]

He gently cupped her chin and tried to guide her into tilting her head in an attractive fashion. "You did very well. I think you'll be the best partner I could ever ask for... in may ways."

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 01:20 PM
Jack's
Layla looks deep into Jack's eyes and smiles. "Thanks, Jacky. I...I love you. I really do." She flushes. "I wanna get you something - something to remind you of me. I used to have this little trick that I did, but...it doesn't work now." She looks down. "Think I can take some of that cash we saved and get you a little something?"

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 01:28 PM
[Jack's]

Jack tries to lift her chin up. "Of course you can."

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 01:40 PM
Jack's
Chin is lifted, and Jack may or may not see the flash of hurt in Layla's eyes when he doesn't respond to the "I love you". She smiles quickly to cover it, then stands. "I'll find ya something real nice, OK?"

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 01:42 PM
[Jack's]

Jack sees it, and he stands with her and tries to pull her close. "Hey, I love you too." He tries to kiss her sweetly on the cheek.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 01:59 PM
Jack's
Layla sighs happily, all her worries melting away at the words. "Thanks, Jacky." Her cheek is kissed, and she looks up at him. "Want me to meet you back here? I didn't know if you were headed back out. Or I can meet you at the club later - whatever." She smiles, nuzzling her hair against Jack's cheek and chin.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 02:05 PM
[Jack's]

"There are one or two things I should take care of. Let's meet at the club."

McBish
2009-08-03, 02:06 PM
Maria hits the streets and starts to perform her act. It's been awhile since she had done so and it felt good to do it again.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 02:10 PM
Jack's
Layla grins and heads for the door, taking a bundle of cash from the briefcase Jack left in her care. She glances at Sebastian and Prince and smiles. "See you boys later, alright?" She pauses, her hand on the doorknob. "See ya there, stud." And off she goes.

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 02:15 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Shrike raises an eyebrow at Douglas' hasty retreat.
Well, that was certainly...abrupt, she comments to Yaza in a rather dry tone.

[Emerald Talent]

"Indeed. Rather strange person."
Observes Yaza, leaning into Shrike and stroking her hair.

[Temple]

Glorious pulls awake once more and smiles down at Milli, giving her a soft kiss before pulling away and getting dressed.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 02:15 PM
[Jack's]

Jack waves at her. "Later, darling."

Jack finishes a few things and heads out to do what he needs to do for the day, making sure that the dogs are fed and watered before leaving.

Later, he'll show up at [Club 30's].

[Temple]

Milli wakes up as well, smiling happily at Glorious before moving to get her own clothes.

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 02:20 PM
[Temple]

"Good morning Milli."
Glorious says, blushing prettily at her as she takes a seat at her desk.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 02:22 PM
[Temple]

"Good morning. Um, sorry if I let that get out of hand." Milli gets herself fully arranged and presentable.

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 02:23 PM
[Temple]

Glorious gives a soft laugh.
"You're forgiven, Milli. But just because its you."

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 02:27 PM
[Temple]

Milli blushed a little bit. "Well, I'd better go see Yaza about that Wyld Seed."

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 02:30 PM
[Temple]

Glorious nods and reaches out to give her one more hug.
"Of course."

happyturtle
2009-08-03, 02:30 PM
[The Streets]

A white raven flies into the city, and shapeshifts into a man, obviously looking for something as he walks the streets and examines each shop or market stall.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 02:34 PM
[Temple]

Milli hugs Glorious softly. "After I get the Wyld Seed, I'll go to Koine and Wilder's for a bit, and then maybe visit Tranquil and Sybil, but I'll be back. I want to see Twice-Made again, and I want to see you again. I'm determined to give all of you the attention you deserve, even if I have to run all over the place to do it."

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 02:36 PM
[Temple]

Glorious smiles and nods, giving her a last kiss before she goes.
"Alright then, Milli. Good luck."

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 02:38 PM
[Temple]

They share that kiss, and then Milli heads to the Monument.

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 02:43 PM
[Temple]

Glorious turns back to her calculations, humming softly, a smile on her face.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 02:47 PM
((Isn't there just a regular store somewhere?! Geez...))
Layla walks into a nondescript store and browses the items inside for a time until she finds what she wants. She smiles and speaks quietly to the shopkeep, who directs her to an etcher. She tells him what she wants, then steps into a back room for a time. When she emerges, she looks over the finished product, then agrees on a price and pays for it. After a sizable tip, she tucks the gift away, wrapping it in a thin black ribbon for Jack.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 02:51 PM
[Were-House]

Erin nods, and closes her eyes before she starts to dance, slowly moving to the beat before picking up speed.

It's pretty obvious she (a) hasn't danced in quite awhile and (b) never to music like this.

[Emerald Talent]

Shrike snakes her arm around Yaza and pulls her a little closer, sighing. I'll keep an eye out in case he decides to follow us around any more...

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 02:52 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Yaza nods in approval, and then looks up and frowns.
"Something is off..."

Nothing looks off in the tavern, but Shrike might just barely, ever so slightly, feel what Yaza is talking about.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 02:55 PM
[Club 30's]

Jack is at his table, waiting for Layla.

She might notice that his suit looks freshly cleaned, and it looks like he took a bit more care with appearance than usual.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 02:57 PM
Emerald Talent
A stunning elf girl, long honey-blonde hair loose and caramel eyes bright, steps into the bar, looking around her with interest. She wears a form-fitting black dress with thin white pinstripes, black stiletto heels, and a loooooong slit up one leg. She takes a seat at the bar and tells the bartender to give her a drink she's never tried before - which means no rum or wine. Grinning, the guy behind the bar starts concocting something VERY strong - probably hoping to get lucky.

Doubt that's what Yaza meant, but she is...different.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 03:00 PM
[Were-House]

Krisonna followed the girls there but immediately broke away to the dance floor. They might occasionally see her grinding along as many people as she can. Her bright red hair has fallen across her shoulders and she's sweating but having a great time.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 03:07 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Shrike looks at Yaza curiously, before reaching up to scratch the back of her neck - then narrows her eyes a bit.
What is that? I feel something...
She doesn't even notice the elven girl as she concentrates on trying to pick out just what that odd feeling she's barely feeling is.

[Were-House]

Spotting her, Erin sends a quick smile in Krisonna's direction before closing her eyes again and resuming her atrocious attempt at a dance.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 03:09 PM
Krisonna grins and makes her ways over to them, dragging some sweaty guy along with her. Good to see you two down here. She calls over the music.

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 03:11 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Four guards enter the bar, each one dressed in matching green garb, slender swords at their side. They take up positions near the entrance, keeping an eye on everything.

Strangely, a lot of the crowd in the bar seems not to notice or not to give a damn about the strange guards, who look very official and high class, and totally out of place. Those that stare at the guards seem like newcomers, or old timers who are politely watching with a little smile.

The bartender nabs one of the barmaids and motions for her to hurry off to the cellar, which she does.

Yaza raises an eyebrow and waits.

McBish
2009-08-03, 03:17 PM
[Were-House]

Angie is jumping up and down making a complete fool of herself, not that anyone seems to care at all. She waves to Krisonna. Having fun? She says staying close to Erin, mainly to keep men away from her friend figuring that could be awkward, not that it stops all the guys, but most of them.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 03:19 PM
Emerald Talent
Layla takes a few long, eager swallows from her drink, enjoying the taste. She sets it down as the guards come in, made uneasy by their presence. She stands, a touch unsteadily, and heads for the door. The barman looks after her but is too absorbed in what's going on to do more than scowl at his missed opportunity.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 03:20 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Shrike narrows her eyes a bit more, and discreetly watches the guards, her body slightly tensing at their presence but otherwise showing on reaction as she waits to see what happens next.

[Were-House]

Erin blushes a little and turns to Krisonna, smiling. You too, she calls back. Having fun?

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 03:22 PM
It's just my type of entertainment. She says to both girls, a few hands wandering over her while she dances. This place is great Angie.

McBish
2009-08-03, 03:24 PM
[Were-House]

I know, you should feel this place like I do it's intense. Actually if your interested I can give you both a taste? Erin might jump to the wrong conclusion as she says this.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 03:25 PM
Club 30's
Layla shows up, nearly late for her show, barely making it. She still looks wonderful, but her eyes are slightly glazed, glassy, as if she's been drinking. Still, she doesn't SMELL like alcohol or anything. She waves a greeting to the bouncers and makes her way over to Jack's table. She whistles appreciatively at him, stumbling a bit, and plops into his lap. She tries to give him a long kiss, reaching into her dress to pull out her gift for him...

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 03:26 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Layla moves to leave, and might bump into the person entering right after the guards.
The motive of the guards becomes clear- they're bodyguards, quite obviously.

The person who entered behind them is a beautiful woman, dressed almost entirely in green. But it is not her green hair and eyes, or even her beauty that attracts attention, but her presence. Some are said to command attention when they walk into a room, but that is literal for this woman. Her presence is palpable, an awe inspiring aura of sheer personality and will.

Even if Layla manages to avoid bumping into her, she will likely feel awkward about choosing to leave and nearly running into her.

Yaza narrows her eyes and watches carefully, and Shrike will swiftly recognize this woman as the source of the strangeness she was feeling.

((Err... dang it. Dirk, you simu'd me. >.<))

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 03:28 PM
[Club 30's]

Initially, Jack smiles wide at seeing Layla, but the look in her eyes causes it to recede slightly. "Hey, are you alright?" He does accept her kiss, though.

happyturtle
2009-08-03, 03:28 PM
[The Streets, near Camlar Wines]

Peter Raven sees the sign. Recognizes the name.

A short time later, he emerges, and sits on the stoop, resting his head in his hands.

She's safe. Melody is safe.

But for how long?

He knew he should stay away. But he couldn't. He had to see her. Had to protect her. From Alek. From Cal. From anyone who would hurt her.

And so he returned to his white raven form and took to the skies once again.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 03:41 PM
((Missed your earlier post, McBish, sorry))

[Were-House]

Indeed, Erin does, her eyes widening just a little and shaking her head. Er, no, I t-think I'd probably rather not, but t-thanks... She does give Angie a small smile as she regroups, though. This is pretty f-fun, thanks for lookin' out, too...

[Emerald Talent]

Shrike's eyes are locked on the arriving woman, narrow and calculating.
Woah. That's something new...
She swallows, and with a force of will manages to look away at Yaza.
Who is she?

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 03:42 PM
That'd be great. How do you do it? She asks, dancing closer to Angie. She frowns slightly at Erin. Might be fun.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 03:43 PM
Club 30's
Layla smiles. "Of course, Jacky baby. And look - I got you this." She pulls out a small, shiny flask tied with a thin black ribbon. On the front is an engraving of her silhouette, sprawled out as she would be in his bed, hair splayed out in a beautiful mess. Underneath, in delicate cursive lettering is her name. Layla smiles and slips the flask into the breast pocket of Jack's suit jacket. "To keep me close to your heart, baby."

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 03:45 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Yaza shakes her head.
"I've no idea. But there's... something about her. She's not human. Not entirely, at least."

The woman makes her way to the bar, and the barmaid who the bartender sent away earlier comes back, with a special glass and bottle, which are placed in front of her.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 03:48 PM
[Club 30's]

Jack's eyes lit up appreciatively as he examined the flash, his grin showing off his white teeth. "Where'd you get something like this? This is wonderful, darling!" She's rewarded with a kiss; he likes it a lot.

McBish
2009-08-03, 03:50 PM
((No problem.))

[Were-House]

Angie grins at Krisonna and shrugs at Erin. As long as you don't have to many mental protections up it shouldn't be a problem. Assuming Krisonna doesn't stop her she should get a rush of emotions fill her up. It is exhilarating as the feelings are those of the other people in the club. It is like swimming in a turbulent ocean and is pretty thrilling. There are a lot of powerful emotions in the place, it might be a bit overwhelming.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 03:56 PM
Krisonna almost stops dancing completely at the rush. After a moment, her eyes widen and she picks up her pace dancing. That's amazing! That should be sold as some sort of drug.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 04:01 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Mmhmm. Shrike muses, keeping an eye on the newcomer woman. Probably trouble, too, unless I miss my guess.

[Were-House]

Erin watches curiously, then relaxes a little. Oh. I t-thought you meant... She trails off, then shrugs. I guess I could try it...

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 04:02 PM
Club 30's
Layla grins happily and returns the kiss. "They say it's unbreakable - so it should come in handy sometime." A quiet cough from one of her bandmates draws Layla's attention, and she reluctantly lifts herself from Jack's lap. "See ya in a bit, babe." With a helping hand, she climbs the steps to the stage and takes her place at the microphone. In the bright spotlight, you can't tell her cheeks are flushed and her eyes glassy, and her hands tightly gripping the mic stand keep people from noticing she's shaking. Layla launches into her first number...

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 04:02 PM
[Emerald Talent]

"Maybe..."
Yaza keeps stroking Shrike's hair as she thinks...

((Deadtime))

McBish
2009-08-03, 04:03 PM
[Were-House]

Angie projects the same feeling into Erin's mind. As she does so she leans over to Krisonna letting the music and the feelings stop Erin from overhearing. They don't have anything that can do what I do, but they have a lot of other stuff if you are interested.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 04:06 PM
She gets the point of not letting Erin hear that and nods. Definitely. You'll have to show me when you get a chance. She winks to her.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 04:06 PM
[Club 30's]

Jack watches her carefully. He doesn't want to upset her, but if being up on stage is too much for her, he'll try to get her to come down.

Of course, if she's doing alright, he's more than happy to sit back and enjoy her singing. But he is concerned for her well-being.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 04:14 PM
Club 30's
Layla gets a few songs into her set and slows the music down for a gentle love song. She looks at Jack, then closes her eyes and starts to sing.

"They say that falling in love is wonderful
It's wonderful, so they say
And with a moon up above, it's wonderful
It's wonderful, so they tell me-"

The drawn-out note is cut short as suddenly Layla swoons and goes limp. She falls forward, and unless caught, she'll land hard on the floor below the stage.

McBish
2009-08-03, 04:16 PM
[Were-House]

Angie nods, Will do. If you start feeling tired let me know, I have something that might help you get a second wind. She turns back to Erin to see how she reacts.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 04:16 PM
[Club 30's]

Good thing Jack was watching. Layla should find herself falling into Jack's arms as eh catches her. One of the club staff goes up tot he mike to explain and apologize as Jack carries Layla out of the club. "Layla? Darling?"

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 04:18 PM
I don't tire easily. But I'll keep that in mind. With a new bound of energy she pulls some girl over and replaces the sweaty guy.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 04:20 PM
Layla is barely conscious in Jack's arms. Her pupils are dilated, she trembles slightly, and she's babbling random nonsense. It's pretty clear she's been drugged. Nothing serious - most likely a roofie or something.

But she didn't eat or drink anything at the club, and none of Jack's people would dare mess with his girl...

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 04:20 PM
[Were-House]

Erin nearly falls over from the sudden flood of emotions, her eyes very wide as she takes it all in...
Then slumps forwards a bit when its over.
W-woah. That...that's a rush.
She looks up, her eyes still big.
No wonder you like this place...

[Emerald Talent]

Shrike keeps an eye on the woman as she relaxes in Yaza's arms.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 04:24 PM
So she must have gone somewhere else. Jack growls to himself. As soon as she's lucid, he's asking her where she went, and then he's going to pay that place a little visit.

For now, Jack returns to his [Penthouse], so that Layla can recover in comfort and privacy.

McBish
2009-08-03, 04:25 PM
[Were-House]

Angie grins, I told you it's a good place to get lost in. She goes to hug Erin. Glad you came. Then she returns to her fun dancing.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 04:27 PM
Krisonna leaves the two but doesn't dance too far away. She has a new play thing to dance with and that rush left her energized. The blond girl in a skimpy shimmering dress almost seems under the dragoness' control as they grind on each other.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 04:28 PM
[Were-House]

Erin smiles and hugs Angie back, nodding, before taking a deep breath and resuming her own horribly atrocious attempt at dancing.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 04:33 PM
Jack's Penthouse
Inside, Layla trembles and tears at the sheets on the bed as if some part of her is on fire. Her eyes focus for a few moments, and she stares at Jack, mystified. "The club? Why...why are we...home?"

McBish
2009-08-03, 04:37 PM
[Were-House]

Well Krisonna might want to be careful about actually controlling in any obvious way, there are even more bouncers down here then there were upstairs. A couple of them keep an eye on Angie.

Angie gets a hug from behind from a pretty drag queen. "Hey honey did I just see you giving some lovely ladies a private taste of your mind. Holding out on the rest of us?"

Angie hugs her back. Sorry showing of to some friends. From the look on the drag queens face Angie is giving her a similar taste of feelings that they just received.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 04:40 PM
[Jack's Penthouse]

"You've been drugged, sweetie. Someone slipped you something." He carefully felt her forehead and tried to make adjustments to make her more comfortable.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 04:43 PM
[Were-House]

Erin's dancing slows after a few minutes, and she wanders off to the side to find a seat, sit and watch, sighing and running a hand through her hair as she watches Angie.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 04:45 PM
She isn't actually controlling her, it just the way she is acting. Grinning, she sees Angie hug the drag queen. She was really liking this place.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 04:46 PM
Jack's
Layla shakes her head. "No. That can't be. I just went to the shop, then looked around...downtown. I...this bar, um..." Layla frowns in concentration - it's all fuzzy. "Something about a gem...Emerald something...I...I can't remember." She lays back, her head still swimming.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 04:48 PM
[Jack's]

Jack nods and stroked her cheek. "It's alright. Don't worry. Just rest." And as soon as he got a moment, he'd get a list of all clubs and bars in the city with name Emerald in them.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 04:50 PM
Seems he'll get a moment now, as Layla slips back into the drug-induced fog and heads back to near unconsciousness.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 04:52 PM
[Jack's]

Jack makes the call to his boys, explaining quickly and sending out orders.

McBish
2009-08-03, 04:55 PM
[Were-House]

Angie seems to have a lot of energy she chat's with the drag queen for a bit. Then she heads over to Krisonna. Hey want to head upstairs get something to make the night just that much more fun?

As Erin sits down one of the bouncer nods to her but then turns back to the floor keeping an eye out for trouble. Meanwhile some random guy slides up to her. "Hey there."

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 04:57 PM
Jack's
Layla breaks into a cold sweat and starts babbling again.

Emerald Talent, that's it!

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 04:57 PM
Definitely. I'm starting you really like you. She grins and follows Angie, leaving her toy behind.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 04:59 PM
[Jack's]

Jack relays this information. He's going to pay the Emerald Talent a little visit once he makes sure that Layla is alright.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 05:04 PM
[Were-House]

Erin sees Angie and Krisonna heading off, and almost rises to follow them...but then settles back into her chair, sighing, knowing that would be the wrong thing to do - but not having the slightest clue about the right thing to do...

She looks over as somebody speaks to her, that streak of white hair deciding to drape over an eye again. Um, h-hello.

Dirk Kris
2009-08-03, 05:07 PM
Jack's
Finally Layla grows quiet and still, her breathing slowing to an even pace as she drifts off to sleep.
As her player has to deadtime shortly but hopes to see drama unfold first. :smalltongue: Go kick some ass, Jack!

McBish
2009-08-03, 05:09 PM
[Were-House]

Angie heads upstairs she pulls out a small bag and pulls out two pills. She puts one in each hand and turns around holding her hands behind her back. Left or right?

"Your looking pretty lonely over here by yourself. Such a shame for such a pretty women." Another thing about clubs, lots of guys trying to pick up every women.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 05:13 PM
[Jack's]

Jack makes sure everything is in place before slipping out, Sebastian at his side. Prince stays to watch over Layla. A not beside the bed explains to Layla where Jack went, and why.

Jack himself gets a few of his personal bodyguards and heads to the [Emerald Talent]. Unfortunately, further activities will have to wait, as it is Vael's locations, and NK doesn't want to interrupt the Green Woman's act, and so will wait for Vael's permission first.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 05:14 PM
She gets a mischievous grin and points to her left hand. That one.

McBish
2009-08-03, 05:17 PM
[Were-House]

Angie grins and hands her the pill popping the other one in her mouth without a thought. If Krisonna takes her pill she will find things seem better, lights are brighter and more entertaining, food tastes better, things smell great.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 05:19 PM
Krisonna definitely does take the pill and grins as it starts to work. My friend, we need to hang out more often. She looks to the lights and starts slowly dancing to the music in the club.

McBish
2009-08-03, 05:20 PM
[Were-House]

Angie seems to be lost in some sort of feeling, blushing a bit and swaying back and forth her eyes closed. When she opens them slowly she has a big goofy grin on her face. Sorry what did you say?

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 05:22 PM
Nothing important. She smirks and tries to put her hands on Angie's waist to sway together.

McBish
2009-08-03, 05:24 PM
[Were-House]

Angie smiles and opens up her mind projecting a strong sense of euphoria to Krisonna, and then with another thought sends it down to Erin as well.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 05:27 PM
Krisonna, already feeling pretty euphoric, gives a soft groan at the feeling. She tries to tighten her grip around Angie and press closer to her as they sway.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 05:28 PM
((Sorry for the delay, got kicked offline by the phone. >_>))

[Were-House]

Erin smiles a little shyly, but shakes her head. T-thanks, but I'm already spoken for.
She then gasps a little, raising a hand to her head as Angie sends those euphoric feelings down. Woah...oh...

McBish
2009-08-03, 05:31 PM
[Were-House]

Angie cuts off the feeling swaying close to Krisonna. Shall we head back downstairs.

The man sitting next to Erin smiles, "Oh come on just one little dance?"

Lord Magtok
2009-08-03, 05:32 PM
"But if it's going to go bad for you anyways, why are you doing this? I thought you were a villain, Magtok. I can see trying to bump off the competition, but you're putting yourself at risk, here, too. What's the deal?" Curiosity had won out for the moment, but Raril was looking more and more lupine by the second.

The being of questionable Magtok-ness frowns.

The deal is that I stand to gain immensely, my conscience should be placated for a while, and I'll get to look like a damned awesome angel of death if things play out well. Now I'm going, before I look any tastier.

Magtok will then try to back away and find a handy wall to toss a portal against.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 05:33 PM
Have a dance with me. It will feel even better now.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 05:37 PM
[Were-House]

Erin rubs her temples a little, taking a deep, shivering breath, and shakes her head. T-thanks, but I don't dance with strangers. Only my friends. And I don't like guys anyway...

McBish
2009-08-03, 05:38 PM
[Were-House]

"Ah ok. Sorry." He heads back onto the dance floor.

Angie nods and slowly starts to walk down to the dance floor, a dreamy look on her face.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 05:42 PM
Krisonna pulls Angie out into a crowd of people, pressing close to her as they dance. She has her own dreamy look on her face.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 05:45 PM
[Were-House]

Aww, Erin doesn't get to punch his lights out and start a fight. :smalltongue:

She looks up and might well spot Krisonna and Angie, and sigh at the expressions she sees on their faces, rubbing her temples again, but for a different reason this time.

McBish
2009-08-03, 05:49 PM
[Were-House]

The whole I'm not into guys often works.

Angie seems fairly oblivious to much going on around her. She just sways letting Krisonna lead her about.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 05:52 PM
Krisonna is a little out of it but able to move about with Angie. She doesn't notice Erin though. Everything feels great. Her hands seem to wander as they sway together.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 05:54 PM
[Were-House]

Erin closes her eyes and leans back, for the moment dismissing her worries about Angie as she lets the beat of the music take over her thoughts.

((And I'm off for dinner))

McBish
2009-08-03, 05:55 PM
[Were-House]

Angie does nothing to stop Krisonna's hands. Her own hands planted firmly around Krisonna's waist.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 05:59 PM
Krisonna closes her eyes blissfully and for a while just lets the music be her only focus. Her hands have a mind of their own. Every touch it heightened from the pill.

McBish
2009-08-03, 06:02 PM
[Were-House]

And it will likely continue to do so for several good hours. Though with dragon blood who knows how exactly it will affect her. Angie's own drug seems to be doing a good job as she sways pressing herself up against Krisonna, she seems to be having a very good time.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 06:05 PM
It will probably last a good while. At one point she tries to kiss Angie just to feel a kiss during this high. Some guys in the crowd around them will probably gawk.

McBish
2009-08-03, 06:09 PM
[Were-House]

Angie kisses her back lightly. And yes guys do gawk, not because they aren't used to it, but just because they like it.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 06:11 PM
Krisonna tries to get greedy, it's just the way she is. There's other things we should try on this high.

McBish
2009-08-03, 06:17 PM
[Were-House]

Hm... Angie hums not finding words right now. Krisonna might notice several darker corners that are all but impossible to see into, that seem made for privacy.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 06:19 PM
Taking that as the okay, Krisonna tries to take her over to the private areas.

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 06:20 PM
[Emerald Talent]

The green lady is ignoring her guards, as if she were slightly irritated by them, and talks to the bartender and nearby patrons with a smile. They all seem dazed by her presence, though they manage (mostly) to converse naturally with her.

Nothing seems like it is immediately going to occur, and so Yaza turns her gaze back to Shrike.
"What do you think?"
She asks somewhat vaguely.

((I've got nothing really planned, NK... though it seems like someone is planning for me.))

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 07:07 PM
[Emerald Talent]

((I'm going to interpret that as permission to stick my foot in things. If this is incorrect, please advise.))

So, Jack, a shadow mastiff at his side, and a trio of Jack's pin-stripe suited enforcers try to enter the bar.

McBish
2009-08-03, 07:13 PM
((Sorry quest for steak happened. I got Port! And steak.))

Angie follows passively enjoying herself.

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 07:16 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Jack and his cronies manage to enter, though the four green garbed guards watch him carefully, along with the cudgel armed bouncer.

Yaza remains idle at her table, while the green woman looks up at him as he enters.
Jack will probably feel the same thing about her that everyone else has felt. She's really quite overwhelming.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 07:22 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Jack, his trio of bruisers, and even his dog all find their attention inevitably drawn to the strange green woman. Initially, they too are all dazed.

Jack recovers first with a visible effort, and snaps his fingers to get his goons and his dog back on track. He's got business with the bartenders, although the attention of his entourage keeps drifting back to the woman, and unless he stays very, very focused he'll fall prey to the same tendency. Only the drive behind his reason for being here really gives him that capacity.

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 07:24 PM
[Emerald Talent]

The bartender looks up at Jack, tearing his eyes away from the lady with a relative ease born of practice.
"Need something?"

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 07:24 PM
((Sorry quest for steak happened. I got Port! And steak.))

Angie follows passively enjoying herself.

((Heh totally understandable.))

Krisonna tries to pull her into the dark section, slipping her hands under her shirt.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 07:27 PM
[Emerald Talent]

"Yes. There was an elven girl here earlier. Blond hair, black with white pinstripes dress, brown eyes. You're gonna tell me what drinks she bought, who she talked to, where she sat. Everything." Jack means business and he sounds like it.

McBish
2009-08-03, 07:31 PM
Angie seems to be passively going along with the flow of events, but she lets Krisonna feel what she feels as it happens. And with the effect of the drugs it is highly euphoric.

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 07:33 PM
[Emerald Talent]

The bartender looks rather affronted.
"Now sir-"

"I'll handle this, if wish..."
The woman offers to the bartender. He stammers to a halt and bows appreciatively to her, and she turns to Jack.
The only part of her that isn't green- excepting her skin (though some of that is tattooed green- they're very exotic and eye catching tattoos, too...) is a small little amethyst around her neck.
"You're acting rude and blunt. I can assume this is either because you own the place, or because something is robbing you of your sense. As I happen to know the owner, I must guess it is the latter...
"Take a seat."
Her last sentence is a powerful order that would have a king on his knees in half a second. Obeying it was instinctual- resisting it initially was almost impossible, though a strong mind might gather itself after a moment's thought.
Still, she seemed to be rather rational at the moment.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 07:35 PM
Krisonna, unless stopped, pulls the curtain around them in that area. Hopefully Erin doesn't walk in on them. Though I don't think Krisonna would mind at this point.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 07:38 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Jack finds himself taking a seat, although under the powerful minds clause he gathers himself after a moment's thought and will try to stand up again once the required time has passed.

McBish
2009-08-03, 07:38 PM
That seems unlikely to happen. Bouncers take up discrete positions by the darkness to stop anyone from entering unless they hear differently. They are very well trained. And there is no stopping of the curtain. Krisonna will notice the same things Mercedes did.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 07:43 PM
Very handy to have around that's for sure. It can stay closed till BR gets back on to wait for a reaction. Yup to you McBish.

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 07:43 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Jack sits down, and she smiles. Then, right before she start speaking, he stands up again, and she raises an eyebrow.
"Are you so intent on causing offense?"
Her words are biting, and he'll almost feel them physically.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 07:47 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Jack tries to stare her down, focusing the anger and upset from Layla's condition into a mental anchor to try and weather whatever influence or power she was using. "I'm here to make someone pay, not exchange pleasantries."

Artemis97
2009-08-03, 07:50 PM
The being of questionable Magtok-ness frowns.

The deal is that I stand to gain immensely, my conscience should be placated for a while, and I'll get to look like a damned awesome angel of death if things play out well. Now I'm going, before I look any tastier.

Magtok will then try to back away and find a handy wall to toss a portal against.

"Too late." The were-drow snarls as he leaps, aiming to knock the black-robed figure to the ground.

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 07:51 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Its like staring at the sun. It is just... way too hard to do. Possible? Yeah. Do you want to do it? No. No way.
What seems even more improbable is that she doesn't seem to really be using any sort of magic or supernatural influence...

"I get that. Now why don't you take my advice and sit down before you make a fool of yourself?"

Her voice is such a perfect tool. Either it is effortless for her, or she's purposefully honed it all of her life. It doesn't really matter what words she uses, her voice is all that matters.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 07:56 PM
[Emerald Talent]

What the hell is this?

If Jack has to sit again because of the last sentence he will, but he will stand up again as soon as he can. If he doesn't he'll stay standing. "A fool made by his own hand is better than a fool made by another's."

McBish
2009-08-03, 07:56 PM
((Sometimes I like to stare into the sun. But that is just me.))

[Were-House]

Angie is lounging next to Krisonna on a love seat sliding her clothes back on and cuddling up next to her.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 07:58 PM
Krisonna is still mostly naked, cuddling Angie with a grin.

McBish
2009-08-03, 08:01 PM
[Were-House]

Angie smiles. So enjoy your first visit to the Were-House?

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 08:02 PM
[Emerald Talent]

"You're not saving your dignity. You're just spoiling it. I'm offering you a chance to get through this without a beating, and possibly even achieve success. The way you're going right now? It'll just lead to trouble.
"You sit down, and we'll have a nice little chat. I'll find out what you want so badly that you'll enter a random bar with thugs and threaten a bartender who doesn't know you, and perhaps I'll be able to help you out."
The lady stares up at him with burning green eyes. They aren't like emeralds... they're like fire. Raging, green fire, hot as the beating sun.
"So far, all you've done is be rude, obstinate, and threatening. You may be after justified vengeance, but all I can see is a hot head with pricked pride. So why don't you sit down and change that impression?"

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 08:02 PM
[Were-House]

Erin, having indeed seen Angie and Krisonna slipping away into the shadows, stands...

...and goes to head out, head bowed.

[Emerald Talent]

Definitly trouble, is what I think, Shrike mutters to Yaza as she watches the ongoing scene.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 08:03 PM
I would live here if I could. She says, giving a small stretch. Her satisfied grin isn't going anywhere.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 08:06 PM
[Emerald Talent]

"The Nexus doesn't respect dignity, it respects will. And I'm not going to let you guide my will in any shape or form." Once again, will remain standing if he can, sit if he must, then stand again once he's able.

McBish
2009-08-03, 08:11 PM
[Were-House]

Angie grins. I don't think Vic would approve plus they move the place around every now and then.

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 08:13 PM
[Emerald Talent]

The lady looks at him with narrow eyes, then stands, moving right up to him to look him straight in the face. Her power of presence hasn't died down.
"Will is respected only when one's will isn't being used with immature stubbornness. Just because someone follows my suggestions doesn't mean they're following my will-
"Do you want this to not end messily for you? Do you want to talk to the person who knows the most, and can probably help you more than anyone else here? If you do, then you will sit. The. Hell. Down."
The entire bar is silent and staring at the two, obviously terrified out of their wits. A few excuse themselves and quietly slip out.
Jack probably feels weak at the knees.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 08:14 PM
She chuckles. True. So you're a pretty bad girl sometimes. She points out with a smirk, obviously not minding.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 08:17 PM
[Were-House]

Erin leaves, heading out onto the streets.

[Emerald Talent]

Shrike watches, not scared a bit.
If she had popcorn, she'd be munching it.

McBish
2009-08-03, 08:20 PM
[Were-House]

Who me? You have no idea. But I can also have a bit of fun. Angie grins a bit. At least I have been working on having fun lately.

Neon Knight
2009-08-03, 08:21 PM
[Emerald Talent]

Jack might not be at his steadiest, and he has to turn his head slightly to not look directly into her eyes, but he isn't backing down. Not when he's played his hand this far. To back down now would be a concession. And Jack doesn't play that way.

"I want you to mind your own damn business."

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 08:23 PM
That's good. Everyone deserves some fun. Your friend could use some more.

McBish
2009-08-03, 08:25 PM
[Were-House]

She has been through a lot. It takes a lot to get her out of her shell. Angie seems to be sobering up talking about Erin.

AmberVael
2009-08-03, 08:28 PM
[Emerald Talent]

"This is my damn business. This little area? Its mine. I may not own the bar, but every single person here besides fools like you know my name. They're all here because I let them be here.
"So if you have a bone to pick, or an issue with anyone here? Its my business. Someone here cause you trouble? Its my star cursed business."
Her presence wasn't magical before, but it is now. Green flames flicker over her skin in a ghostly aura, and heat roils out from her in waves. To behold her is like looking on a force of nature- terrible, and yet you can't look away. To argue with her- to stand against her- is like trying to stand in the face of a tornado.
"And right now, all you're doing is making a disturbance in my business. So I'm giving you one last chance. Sit the hell down and resolve this peacefully before you make the worst decision of your life."
Each of her words is a hammer blow, which could bring even trained psions to their knees.

The Bushranger
2009-08-03, 08:32 PM
[Streets]

Erin heads back to the Taverna]

[Emerald Talent]

Shrike watches.

SeptAngel
2009-08-03, 08:35 PM
She nods. Give her one of those pills and she will.