PDA

View Full Version : FAQ Thread (one thread for all questions)

xelliea
2009-08-02, 09:21 AM
Just a thread to post any questions you have and maybe they will be answered by the wonderful members of this forum. (the forums are full of questions, here is a place to put them all)

question: If super V could cast any spell as many times a day as she wanted, why did he not counterspell the energy drain. (she had a sorcerer who had 9th level spells)

Smiling Knight
2009-08-02, 09:31 AM
S/he was not able to cast any spell she wanted as many times a day; she could access the splices' spell lists and use them, and while those are quite large, they are not infinite.

xelliea
2009-08-02, 09:36 AM
S/he was not able to cast any spell she wanted as many times a day; she could access the splices' spell lists and use them, and while those are quite large, they are not infinite.

sorcerers can cast energy drain if they can cast 9th level spells and some people say that the whole point of the sorcerer was to allow non-restricted casting

Moogleking
2009-08-02, 09:51 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0653.html

I like to think panel 8 is a more dramatic interpretation of counter spelling.

Kroy
2009-08-02, 09:55 AM
sorcerers can cast energy drain if they can cast 9th level spells and some people say that the whole point of the sorcerer was to allow non-restricted casting

That doesn't mean they even know the spell.

xelliea
2009-08-02, 10:13 AM
we're loseing track of the meaning of this thread, any more questions.

Mc. Lovin'
2009-08-02, 10:28 AM
I have one, in the latest comic Hinjo said that he did not level up when Lien, and I assume the Order mebers with him did, why is it he did not level?

Kish
2009-08-02, 10:31 AM
Because he was doing different things than Lien was, as surely as he was doing different things than O-Chul was. The previous question hinges on an unsupported assumption about how the Soul Splice worked (i.e., that Jephton imparted spontaneous casting to all the souls in the splice rather than spontaneous casting his own known spells), and this one seems to hinge on the assumption that Hinjo is referring to some kind of group XP gain rather than individual XP gain.

factotum
2009-08-02, 10:32 AM
I have one, in the latest comic Hinjo said that he did not level up when Lien, and I assume the Order mebers with him did, why is it he did not level?

I would assume because, as the leader, he was staying out of the fighting--he learnt from the hard end of a Disintegrate from Redcloak that he could do more good for his people while alive and in command than he could while incapacitated due to taking the fight personally to the enemy.

Jagos
2009-08-02, 10:35 AM
Wasn't Lien on a different boat sometimes? More than likely, she fought a few monsters in the water, given the advantage she has in fighting sea monsters.

Also, I would think she was of a lower level than Hinjo, since Hinjo was the most powerful paladin that they had. Lower level means quicker xp gains.

Dark Faun
2009-08-02, 10:41 AM
Actually, according to O-Chul (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0411.html), Miko was the most powerful paladin of the entire Sapphire Guard.

Herald Alberich
2009-08-02, 11:00 AM
And according to Miko herself (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0409.html), Hinjo was second. Since Miko (and the rest of the Guard besides Lien) weren't involved in the encounters on the high seas, Hinjo is the most powerful they have.

xelliea
2009-08-02, 01:30 PM
another question from me, where was the house in the splash panel of #636?

Zanaril
2009-08-02, 01:42 PM
another question from me, where was the house in the splash panel of #636?

It's a magic house. It changes size and location depending on artistic composition.

xelliea
2009-08-02, 01:54 PM
It's a magic house. It changes size and location depending on artistic composition.

Nice, everything V owns is magic from her headband to her house. :smallbiggrin:

Another quick question, i do not ever remember (apart from during the splice) seeing V showing her teeth like :smallfurious: or :smallbiggrin:(maybe the're magic and kill anyone who sees them) is there a time she shows her teeth.

Zanaril
2009-08-02, 01:56 PM
Nice, everything V owns is magic from her headband to her house. :smallbiggrin:

Such a pity she forgot to dragon-proof it.