PDA

View Full Version : Magic The Gathering: The Ehksbawks Live Game.

TMC
2009-08-02, 03:59 PM
Anybody play? It's a little limited, but quite fun, especially with friends. My Gamertag is amaROenuZ if anybody else has it and wants to do a few games. :smallsmile:

arguskos
2009-08-02, 04:02 PM
I note the distinct lack of a link to whatever this is, which saddens me, because it sounds interesting.

TMC
2009-08-02, 06:06 PM
I note the distinct lack of a link to whatever this is, which saddens me, because it sounds interesting.

It's on Xbox Live, in the arcade games.

ZeroNumerous
2009-08-02, 06:17 PM
I assume he means this one (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering_-_Duels_of_the_Planeswalkers).

arguskos
2009-08-02, 06:29 PM
Ah! That one. Fair enough then, carry on!

As for me, I tried it once. It was alright, not amazing though. Fun enough, I guess. :smallsmile:

TMC
2009-08-02, 07:04 PM
Ah! That one. Fair enough then, carry on!

As for me, I tried it once. It was alright, not amazing though. Fun enough, I guess. :smallsmile:

Were you playing it Solo, or on Live? :smallsmile:

arguskos
2009-08-02, 07:06 PM
Were you playing it Solo, or on Live? :smallsmile:
It was on a friend's Xbox, so, solo. Like I said, it was alright. I vastly preferred the real cards though, more control.

Duos
2009-08-02, 08:03 PM
It's much more fun playing Two-Headed Giant. Me and my brother got it and we played a few games, although we kind of lost interest near the end. Suffice to say I hate Tezzeret.

Anyways, if you have a love of challenge, it might be good to pick up simply becasue you have to work to make the pre-con decks work for you. Once you get past that, though, it's really kind of bland. I too prefer the real deal. Maybe they'll make booster packs, like MtG: Online, but I doubt it.

TMC
2009-08-02, 10:49 PM
I hope so. I WAS dissapointed that Blue was the only one with a Ghostly creature. I have a delicious Ghost deck that tears up Green and White decks.

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-08-03, 08:00 AM
The "Challenge" mode was a severe joke. Seriously. I finished it in about ten minutes (subtracting of course loading times).
I think the game is a rather waste of ten bucks for what it does. I can't build my own decks, so, why should I pay for it?

Optimystik
2009-08-03, 08:48 AM
On the contrary, if all you want to spend on Magic is $10 then this is WELL worth it. The deckbuilding leaves a lot to be desired, but the multiplayer is tons of fun and its a great way to introduce people to Magic.

The combat also follows M10 rules, so it's a nice way to practice. (Damage doesn't use the stack, deathtouch and lifelink are concurrent with damage, etc.)

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-08-04, 11:20 PM
I would be more than glad to spend more than ten dollars for more cards. Heck, I'd even accept micro transactions for cards! But none of that is given to us. Yes it's only ten bucks, but I get something of actual* worth from buying two booster packs.

*They're paper, I don't understand how they can actually be seen as worth anything.

Optimystik
2009-08-05, 12:41 AM
I would be more than glad to spend more than ten dollars for more cards. Heck, I'd even accept micro transactions for cards! But none of that is given to us. Yes it's only ten bucks, but I get something of actual* worth from buying two booster packs.

If it's more cards you want, that's what MTGO is for. DotP is a gateway drug, nothing more.

*They're paper, I don't understand how they can actually be seen as worth anything.

Is that sarcasm? It's hard to tell through text. :smallconfused:

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-08-05, 02:36 AM
If it's more cards you want, that's what MTGO is for. DotP is a gateway drug, nothing more.
Yeah but doesn't that cost money? I don't do anything online wherein I would need to use a credit card. Sad existence I know, but I generally give my friends whom DO a wad of money and they do the transaction for me.

Is that sarcasm? It's hard to tell through text. :smallconfused:
Actually it's not. See, a Black Lotus is a picture, a pretty picture, but a picture. Now, the problem for comes that it's about the same as art. There is only one Mona Lisa. Everything else is a copy a very good copy that can run up several thousand dollars.
Now, Black Lotus only had so many prints, but they're strong (adding to their "worth"), but in regionals and what not, most tournies have a 9 proxy rule. Which means that you can proxy the Black Lotus. And yuh know what, I can make proxies that look exactly like the original with my printer and card paper. So, I can literally make a 1,000USD card, for .50USD.
So, being that it's paper, was not painted 300 years ago, and literally in 100 years will probably not be remembered, where does it's worth come from? You can't hang it up in a gallery and expect to charge, you can't sell it and expect to make a fortune until every original print is destroyed, and by then you won't be able to tell the difference.
So why is it so expensive? Supply and Demand. And for a sheet of paper with picture on it, the price it goes for is ridiculous to the point of ignorance. If you spend 1,000USD on a piece of paper that is not a work of art, you need to be removed from the gene pool, because you're the reason we can't have a decent economy*.

*Not actually calling anyone out, just saying. Please don't take offense, it's just my opinion and I don't mean to insult anyone.

expirement10K14
2009-08-05, 03:43 PM
Yeah but doesn't that cost money? I don't do anything online wherein I would need to use a credit card. Sad existence I know, but I generally give my friends whom DO a wad of money and they do the transaction for me.

Actually it's not. See, a Black Lotus is a picture, a pretty picture, but a picture. Now, the problem for comes that it's about the same as art. There is only one Mona Lisa. Everything else is a copy a very good copy that can run up several thousand dollars.
Now, Black Lotus only had so many prints, but they're strong (adding to their "worth"), but in regionals and what not, most tournies have a 9 proxy rule. Which means that you can proxy the Black Lotus. And yuh know what, I can make proxies that look exactly like the original with my printer and card paper. So, I can literally make a 1,000USD card, for .50USD.
So, being that it's paper, was not painted 300 years ago, and literally in 100 years will probably not be remembered, where does it's worth come from? You can't hang it up in a gallery and expect to charge, you can't sell it and expect to make a fortune until every original print is destroyed, and by then you won't be able to tell the difference.
So why is it so expensive? Supply and Demand. And for a sheet of paper with picture on it, the price it goes for is ridiculous to the point of ignorance. If you spend 1,000USD on a piece of paper that is not a work of art, you need to be removed from the gene pool, because you're the reason we can't have a decent economy*.

*Not actually calling anyone out, just saying. Please don't take offense, it's just my opinion and I don't mean to insult anyone.

It's the secondary market, and that is the reason that duel decks are almost never in stock.

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2009-08-05, 06:11 PM
It's the secondary market, and that is the reason that duel decks are almost never in stock.

Speaking of Duel Decks, is it me or has WoTC turned Akroma into some sort of mascot, or worse? Seriously, they reprint her so much that she's losing worth.