PDA

View Full Version : Gather 'round, Canadians! Discuss Bon Cop Bad Cop!

Annalia
2006-08-22, 07:29 PM
Well, the title says all! ;D I mention Canadians only because the movie isn't out anywhere else.

What did you think of Bon Cop Bad Cop?

I liked it. A lot. So, yeah, it's not a well-thought off, carefully planned movie when you look at the plot line and characters but it's worth the ticket.

The dialogues are great. Martin Ward and David Bouchard make for a great team when it comes to yelling at each other and the script was very well written. I enjoyed every single line of the arguments and every pun made at the provinces.

There's enough action scenes to keep you busy, though in my opinions these are not the best. The best is Louis José-Houde (playing the coroner). That part was awesome.

Either way, we get to see a guy explode. What movie needs more than that? ::)

ZombieRockStar
2006-08-22, 09:28 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard good things about it. I just need to find a movie theatre playing it.

Lucky
2006-08-22, 11:22 PM
WHOA! Zombie! I didn't know you were Canadian! Cool!

I hope to see it soon, it looks pretty good.

Annalia
2006-08-23, 12:23 AM
WHOA! Zombie! I didn't know you were Canadian! Cool!

I hope to see it soon, it looks pretty good.

No, no. It is very good. ;D

As long as you enjoy action movies and well-thought dialogues. 'Cause there's not much else, I'll admit.

Good luck finding a movie theater that has it, Zombie. :)

Beleriphon
2006-08-23, 01:10 AM
Its nice to here this is a good movie. From the title alone I expect only Canadian audiences to get the first pun.

ZombieRockStar
2006-08-23, 01:07 PM
Good luck finding a movie theater that has it, Zombie. :)

I live in Toronto; I should be able to find one. probably some theatre on Queen West in the artsy area of town. Or there's that one near University and Bloor.

How would you rate the acting? I know it has Colm Feore in it, so it should be top-notch.

Lucky: What? Did you think that hockey argument in TPBM was completely gratuitous?

Lucky
2006-08-23, 01:26 PM
Lucky: What? Did you think that hockey argument in TPBM was completely gratuitous?

I actually missed it the first time around, as I stopped playing SMBG to work on my PbP characters. But I just went back and read it... Now I must kill you...

Annalia
2006-08-23, 01:39 PM
Colm Feore was good, yes.

Patrick Huard is, well, he's okay. But that judgement might be biased because I don't like him much. The actor made a fine job out of it. Enough to keep the movie quite enjoyable.

I'll note that you're not going to see that movie to see the actors, though. They're good, but that's not the best. ;)

Edit: Funny to see you two talk about hockey. The intrigue's on that. :)

ZombieRockStar
2006-08-23, 02:22 PM
There isn't really much intrigue to speak of. Lucky's a Sens fan; I'm a Leafs fan. He's a leprechaun; I'm a zombie. We're natural enemies.

I'll will definitely see the movie (put probably not for another week), and I'll tell you what I think of it then.

Annalia
2006-08-23, 03:01 PM
I was more talking about the movie's intrigue but, hey, knowing what's going on around ia always nice. :P

waspsmakejam
2006-08-23, 03:04 PM
I have a theory that if I read movie news in French it'll help my French studies. .

Anyway, that's how I heard about this movie. Loved the title, and the tagline, so I found the "bande annonce" and it looks good.

As French cop/action movies usually take about 18 months to get a UK cinema release, I daresay it'll be years before I see this one unless I import the DVD.

Annalia
2006-08-23, 05:40 PM
Good theory, I'm rather sure it works.

What's great about the movie if you want to learn french is that it's in both language. It's the same movie all across Canada. The only thing that changes is the subtitles.

waspsmakejam
2006-08-23, 06:58 PM
I've just realised.

I've never heard Canadian French ... hmm ... a proper educational reason to buy the DVD ;D ;D ;D

Annalia
2006-08-23, 08:36 PM
Hahaha. Canadian French is, well, peculiar. Plus, many jokes revolve around laughing at our slang and swears. ;D

Beleriphon
2006-08-24, 03:05 PM
Hahaha. Canadian French is, well, peculiar. Plus, many jokes revolve around laughing at our slang and swears. ;D

Its the "ebonics" of French really. Very different if you speak Parisian French.