PDA

View Full Version : Helping My Sister

MPHopcroft
2009-08-03, 12:05 AM
A couple of Christmases ago I gave my sister a copy of The Origin of PCs. Since then she's purchased another OOTS book -- I believe it's Dungeon Crawlin' Fools but I'm not sure -- and when I last met her she said she was very interested in reading more.

She is unfamiliar with the webcomic format and I don't know for sure what she's already seen. I'm already planning on giving her the next volumes in a few months, but what can I do in the meanwhile to help her become better acquainted with the OOTS?

Jagos
2009-08-03, 12:16 AM
I can't recommend Start of Darkness until she's known at LEAST about Shojo.

That in mind, get her No Cure of Paladin Blues when you're ready or even Origin of PCs would suffice (only $13.95) as well as starting her on the webcomic.

Other than that, she might like to get into DnD. ;)

bobspldbckwrds
2009-08-03, 12:48 AM
hmmm you could get her started reading oots on the computer, just throwing a crazy idea out there, and of course there are always other webcomics. if you do that, keep in mind that everyone has different tastes in comics, for instance i got one of my exes started reading oots, but that is about the only overlap that there is, so i am not going to recommend something positive to her.

Teddy
2009-08-03, 01:34 AM
The latter part is quite easy, since the comics are numbered and named the same way in the books as in the webcomic, it's easy to catch up where your book ended, and anyone capable of hitting a "next" button or searching in the index should be able of reading a webcomic, so that shouldn't be a problem. I think you at least could introduce her to the webcomic.

rangermania
2009-08-03, 02:12 AM
Buy her the Dark Elf Trilogy :smallcool:

Ancalagon
2009-08-03, 04:53 AM
I'd go for the crazy "computer + internet connection" idea.

NerfTW
2009-08-03, 08:21 AM
I can't recommend Start of Darkness until she's known at LEAST about Shojo.

That in mind, get her No Cure of Paladin Blues when you're ready or even Origin of PCs would suffice (only $13.95) as well as starting her on the webcomic.

Other than that, she might like to get into DnD. ;)

Well, if you want to read it when it was published, it was around the start of the Azure City battle. Also, Red Cloak's reveal as a major player and not just a random high level goblin was in Strip 369 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0369.html).

As for the OP, I'd say just tell her to read the online comic, or ask her which books she has and fill in the gaps in order.