PDA

View Full Version : 4E Metroid

Grey Watcher
2009-08-03, 12:57 AM
So, I recently downloaded the new Beta version of the Monster Builder from WotC. I was tooling around and decided to try building a Metroid. Not sure if this works or is balanced, but here is what I've got:

Metroid
Level 10 Lurker
Medium natural beast
XP 500
Initiative +17 Senses Perception +7; all-around vision, blindsight, truesight
HP 78; Bloodied 39
AC 24; Fortitude 22; Reflex 23; Will 21
Resist 10 all except Cold see Freezable
Speed 1, fly 8 perfect maneuverability
m Attach (standard; at-will)
+15 vs. AC; (); 2d6 + 4 damage and the target is grabbed (escape ends).
M Life Drain (standard; at-will) • Healing
Targets a creature grabbed by the metroid; +13 vs. Fortitude; 4d10 + 3 damage, and the target loses a healing surge, and the metroid regains 10 hit points.
Freezable (no action; aura)
When a metroid takes 5 or more cold damage in a single attack, it is immobilized (save ends). While so immobilized, it looses its resistances except necrotic, pyschic, and radiant gains vulnerability 10 against all forms of damage except cold, necrotic, psychic, and radiant.

Alignment Unaligned
Languages —
Str 18 (+9)
Dex 27 (+13)
Wis 15 (+7)
Con 12 (+6)
Int 12 (+6)
Cha 12 (+6)
© 2009 Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. This monster statistics block has been generated using the D&D Adventure Tools.

I couldn't remember what truesight actually did, so that might be a bit redundant with blindsight, but I was trying to simulate the fact that metroids don't actually have eyes, or any other obvious sensory apparatus.

The numbers are a bit arbitrary, mostly generated by playing with the default modifiers.

I'm also not sold on all the exceptions in the Freezable power, but it seemed silly that freezing a metroid solid should make it more vulnerable to damage based on mental stress....

Anyway, enjoy, tweak, critique, what-have-you.