(2d8, 19-20/x2)
Full-Attack Rapid Claw (6d8, 20/x3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special AttacksBlinding Slash
Special Qualities Sky Hop
Saves Fort +3 Ref +14 Will +10
Abilities Str 10, Dex 30, Con 20, Int 20, Wis 16, Cha 10
Skills jump+20
Featsnatural weapon proficency, exotic weapons proficincy, simple weapons proficancy
Environment any city
Organization Single (1),Clan (4)
Challenge Rating 6
Treasure 2d6x10 gold; 1d6 gems
Alignment Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement By class Ranger
Level Adjustment -

Darkness Assasins survive by killing anyone Important enough to atract the lands attantion, feeiding ofF the panic. they look like a Drow With glowing read eyes and no noes. they comonly wear black cloaks.
Blinding Slash: a Darkness assasin may attempt to blind a foe for 2d6 rounds sacrificing damage for that attack (no damage)
Sky Hop: a Darkness Assasin can make another jump check in mid air with its modifier reduced to +10. This may only be done once per jump and they must wait 1d6 rounds before they can do it again.

!MORE DEMONS TO COME!

DracoDei
2009-08-03, 03:42 AM
Generally cool idea, but rather ruined by a mechanical detail, to wit:
Do you have access to a spelling checker?
If so, take the time to cut/paste it into said program, correct the spelling, and then paste it into the forums.
If not, I there are several free ways to access one online(download a recent enough version of Firefox for one).

Debihuman
2009-08-03, 07:31 PM
Hit Dice should be: 10d8+50 (95 hp). You add the +5 bonus to Con to each hit die. Since there are ten hit dice, your demon gets a bonus of 50 hit points. The average for number of hit points on a d8 is 4.5 so for 10 hit dice it gets 45 hit points plus the 50 bonus hit points for having a Constitution of 20 for a total o 95 hit points.

Armor Class is 25 (+10 Dex, +5 natural), touch 20, flat-footed 15. You start with 10 and add Dex and Natural.

BAB for outsiders is equal to their hit dice. It should have a BAB of 10 and Grapple of 10.

Attack should show the melee attack. Claw +10 melee (2d8/19-20x2)
I don't understand the Full attack line. Rapid claw should be a special ability. Full attack should be total number of claws it can use. 2 claws (2d8/19-20/x2)

Outsiders get skill points equal to (8 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die. With an Int of 20 that give it a bonus of +5. It gets 13 skill points for each hit die and quadruple for the first: 13x4=52 for 1st hit die and 9x13=117 for the rest for a total of 169 skill points to assign It can have a maximum rank of 13 in any skill and then you adjust for ability modifiers.

If it can use weapons, you should give weapons otherwise those are wasted feats. It should have 4 feats.

Debby

PumpkinEater
2009-08-03, 09:26 PM
Generally cool idea, but rather ruined by a mechanical detail, to wit:
Do you have access to a spelling checker?
If so, take the time to cut/paste it into said program, correct the spelling, and then paste it into the forums.
If not, I there are several free ways to access one online(download a recent enough version of Firefox for one).

Darkness Assassin
Medium Outsider (Evil)
HD 10d8+50 (95)
Speed 60 ft. (12 squares)
Initiative +10
AC 25; Touch 20; Flat-footed 15 (+10 dex, +5 natural)
Base Attack Bonus +10; Grapple +10
Attack Claw +20 (2d8, 19 - 20/x2)
Full Attack Claws +20 / +15 (2d8, 19 - 20/x2)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Blinding Slash
Special Qualities Sky Hop, Darkvision 60
Saves Fort +12 Ref +17 Will +10
Abilities Str 10, Dex 30, Con 20, Int 20, Wis 16, Cha 10
Skills Balance +12, Bluff +13, Climb +13, Diplomacy +15, Disable Device +13, Disguise +15, Gather Information +10, Intimidate +2, Jump +30, Listen +16, Move Silently +25, Hide +25, Open Lock + 23, Sleight of Hand +12, Sense Motive +11, Spot +16, Tumble + 20, Use Rope +15
Feats Exotic Weapon Proficiency (what weapon? This seems pointless, though). Weapon Finesse, Skill Focus (Jump), Stealthy
Environment Urban
Organization Single, Gang (4)
Challenge Rating 8
Treasure 2d6x10 gold; 1d6 gems
Alignment Always Chaotic Evil
Advancement By class
Level Adjustment -

Darkness assassins survive by killing anyone important enough to attract great attention, and then feeding off of their victim's fear and panic. They look like a Drow with glowing red eyes and no nose. They commonly wear black cloaks.

Blinding Slash A darkness assassin's claw can shift into a shadowy material which leaves a "shadowy drape" wherever it connects, and a darkness assassin may make an attack at a -4 penalty which blinds anyone hit by this attack for 2d6 rounds. This attack deals no damage.

Sky Hop A darkness assassin can make another jump check in mid air with at a +10 to the following jump DC. This may only be done once per round, and only once every 3 rounds.

How does it look now? Fixed HP, AC, attacks, skills, feats, and spelling and a few other things. I bumped the CR up by 2 (I'm no good at calculating CR, though). Cool guy you made here, OP.

Debihuman
2009-08-03, 10:06 PM
It is better. However, natural weapons don't get any additional attacks (iterative attacks) for high BAB. Furthermore, melee attack is BAB +Str bonus if any plus size bonus if any. This creature has no strength bonus and no size bonus so it's melee attack is still only +10 (+20 with weapon finesse.

Debby

Siosilvar
2009-08-03, 10:15 PM
It is better. However, natural weapons don't get any additional attacks (iterative attacks) for high BAB. Furthermore, melee attack is BAB +Str bonus if any plus size bonus if any. This creature has no strength bonus and no size bonus so it's melee attack is still only +10 (+20 only if you give it weapon finesse (Claw). If you give it weapon finesse on its claws, you need to state that in the feat. Otherwise it looks like it has a weapon finesse for an actual weapon rather than for its natural attacks.

Debby

You don't need to specify a weapon for Weapon Finesse, it applies to all light weapons (natural weapons are light), rapier, and spiked chain.

PumpkinEater
2009-08-04, 01:12 AM
It is better. However, natural weapons don't get any additional attacks (iterative attacks) for high BAB. Furthermore, melee attack is BAB +Str bonus if any plus size bonus if any. This creature has no strength bonus and no size bonus so it's melee attack is still only +10 (+20 only if you give it weapon finesse (Claw). If you give it weapon finesse on its claws, you need to state that in the feat. Otherwise it looks like it has a weapon finesse for an actual weapon rather than for its natural attacks.

Debby

Hmm... why don't natural weapons get additional attacks? Are Monks a special case? Or am I just missing something? Haha.

Anyway, I don't think you have to specify weapons for the weapon finesse feat.

Oh, yeah, the poster above me clarifies that.

Debihuman
2009-08-04, 11:13 AM
Natural weapns can't be used in multiple attacks:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#naturalWeapons

The specific information you are looking for is here:

The number of attacks a creature can make with its natural weapons depends on the type of the attack—generally, a creature can make one bite attack, one attack per claw or tentacle, one gore attack, one sting attack, or one slam attack (although Large creatures with arms or arm-like limbs can make a slam attack with each arm). Refer to the individual monster descriptions. .

I bolded the relevant portion. The more claws a creature has, the more attacks it can make, but it doesn't get to make more than one attack with each claw. This was done, presumably, for balance. If you have ever played against a creature with multiple limbs, like a giant squid or kraken, you'll be grateful that such creature cannot make multiple attacks with each limb.

Furthermore, most creatures with claw attacks (as opposed to Slam attacks) generally also can bite.

Debby

PumpkinEater
2009-08-04, 04:21 PM
Natural weapns can't be used in multiple attacks:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#naturalWeapons

The specific information you are looking for is here:

I bolded the relevant portion. The more claws a creature has, the more attacks it can make, but it doesn't get to make more than one attack with each claw. This was done, presumably, for balance. If you have ever played against a creature with multiple limbs, like a giant squid or kraken, you'll be grateful that such creature cannot make multiple attacks with each limb.

Furthermore, most creatures with claw attacks (as opposed to Slam attacks) generally also can bite.

Debby

Okay, so 2 claw attacks and 1 bite attack? Although, I get the feeling that this outsider is humanoid in shape, so... I'll just stick with 2 claw attacks. Thanks for pointing this out.

Debihuman
2009-08-04, 09:48 PM
I recommend switching the Exotic Weapon Feat for something else.

Combat Reflexes is good because it takes advantage of the creature's Dexterity. It doesn't qualify for Power Attack. Dodge would be another feat that would take advantage of the creature's Dexterity.

Debby