PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a book (didn't know wherelse to go)

Dib
2006-08-23, 05:20 PM
Hey all,

After reading some of Rich's D&D articles, it inspired me to create a world of my own. Once I had started I was really gettin into it, and so decided that it would be fun to write a book on it.

I've effectively created the world with several maps and some background info (a lot of which I still need to actually write down) and have come up with an idea for the book.

However, I've become stuck on the main heroes and need some help trying to give them what they need such as differing personalities and special traits. They are all rebels and elves in some form.

The first is a male pure-blooded elf called S'iar, he was second-in-command of the rebel camp until they were ambushed by a large band of Imperial Elves (The ones working for the bad guys). Only three rebels survived that night, he is now the leader. He needs a fitting personality and traits.

The second is another pure-blood elven rebel who also survived the attack. This one is female and is effectively the love interest for S'iar, she also rocks in sword-fighting. Her name is Eliquin.

The third is Selivia, a female half-elf (half-human) and the last of the rebel survivors. I haven't a clue about her yet.

Finally I have Harlicotte, a 'Dark-elf' and rebel in his own right (though he does not work like the others and was never a part of their group, he usually works solo) In this world a darkelf is not an evil-elf, but a half-elf wth ties to domenican (mainly in ancestry)which are a kind of large ogre-like humanoid beleives to be of pure intent even though they have an evil vibe going on, they are all extinct. Harlicotte is also a powerful magic-user and has excellent stealth skills.

Those are my main heres and any advice would be greatly appreciated, better names are also good, cheers.