PDA

View Full Version : Feeding the Need, the need for speed.

VirOath
2009-08-03, 05:22 PM
I'm looking to see just how fast a character can get. Ideally still be useful to a party as well, I've already seen a Monk monstrosity that came close to breaking the speed of sound on a Cheetah Sprint, but that was all he could do.

Ideally out of items or spells, feats are alright, but I'm looking to avoid shunting many class levels for it. Please provide sources. Thanks in advance! :smallbiggrin:

Weezer
2009-08-03, 05:27 PM
I know this isnt what your looking for but Chuck (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=993832) is by far the fastest build I've ever seen. and he has some ridiculously broken tricks based around tornado throw that give him insane damage too.

daggaz
2009-08-03, 06:04 PM
Im playing a barbarian with boots of springing and striding that has fifty foot land speed... nothing to scream about but at least I am not a one trick pony,... not to mention on a charge with a reach weapon means you better be 111 feet away. Suppose there is probably a race out there with a faster than usual land speed as well.

VirOath
2009-08-03, 06:13 PM
Chuck E. Cheese. My sides are splitting! Thanks!

Barb may not be an option, as I would be more than likely to take the ACF out of CC for pounce.

But Catfolk (Races of the wild) have a 40 ft land speed. Speed of Thought (XPH) adds +10 ft when Focused, Wild Talent (XPH) lets you become Focused and gives you 1 power point letting you take Speed of Thought. There is another set of boots out of the MIC that gives a 10 ft speed boost, 20 ft downhill. Haste. Shadow Template adds a 50% increase to speed, though at a sick LA (Crystal Keeps)

I'm looking for other means, even if they don't stack. I'm looking to tabulate a list, so I can pick and choose.

Doc Roc
2009-08-03, 06:24 PM
Feathered wings make you fly at double your normal land speed. Double is a good word.

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-08-03, 06:58 PM
I'm looking for other means, even if they don't stack. I'm looking to tabulate a list, so I can pick and choose.

As long as your tabulating....Quick trait, +10 to land move at -1 hp/HD.

VirOath
2009-08-03, 06:58 PM
Yes, it is. But does normal in this case refer to the land speed given by the race, or does the enhancements from classes count?

Or can it be stretched to spells as well? Or atleast having spells add to it?

ColdSepp
2009-08-03, 07:10 PM
Feathered wings make you fly at double your normal land speed. Double is a good word.

Where are these located?

HamsterOfTheGod
2009-08-03, 07:12 PM
Yes, it is. But does normal in this case refer to the land speed given by the race, or does the enhancements from classes count?

Or can it be stretched to spells as well? Or atleast having spells add to it?

In the case of the Quick trait it refers to you base land speed given by race. So if you double or tripple that by a spell or whatever, then you double or triple the 10 feet.

Gaiyamato
2009-08-03, 07:45 PM
I know this isnt what your looking for but Chuck (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=993832) is by far the fastest build I've ever seen. and he has some ridiculously broken tricks based around tornado throw that give him insane damage too.

OMG.. ROFL.. you realise that that guy can bull-rush knocking someone back over 635 million squares multiple times per round. lol.
He can bullrush the entire population of the planet into the same location and then run away before anyone knows what is going on... lol.

LOL

What happens if your bullrushed into a wall faster than the speed of light?

NEO|Phyte
2009-08-03, 07:58 PM
Is there a source of Competence bonus to speed outside of being a Xeph?

Burst (Su): Three times per day, a xeph can put on a burst of speed to increase her speed by 10 feet, plus 10 feet per four character levels beyond 1st, to a maximum increase of 30 feet at 9th character level and higher. These bursts of speed are considered a competence bonus to the xeph’s base speed. A burst of speed lasts 3 rounds.

Weezer
2009-08-03, 08:44 PM
What happens if your bullrushed into a wall faster than the speed of light?

By RAW unless your a dungeoncrasher fighter, nothing.:smallbiggrin:
Makes so very much sense, almost as much as being able to run around the world 49.1 times in a round.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-08-03, 09:13 PM
Polymorph Any Object(or MoMF or similar):Air Elemental. 100' perfect fly speed. Stacks with some of what has been posted so far.

woodenbandman
2009-08-03, 09:18 PM
I'd actually like to suggest a Monk. You get +60 feet over 20 levels (but it's enhancement, so boo).

Err... Footsteps of the Divine is good, I guess.