PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] RHoD / Ravenloft Questions (DM help!)

Delandel
2009-08-03, 07:03 PM
Hi everyone. I'm planning to run either RHoD or Ravenloft premade campaign here on these forums. I've been playing d&d for a year now with friends but it will be my first time trying to run PbP format.

I'm pretty sure there's a thread somewhere that has guidelines on how to DM in PbP mode but I can't find it! Could someone please link it to me?

For now this is what I know:
- I open a thread stating my interest in DM'ing and all the various details of the campaign plus my restrictions and once I am ready to begin I open a thread in the appropriate section, plus a thread for rolls
- a typical post will include roleplay in italics, and spoilers handle OOC stuff like the d&d mechanics of actions

Aside from the technical stuff, I have another question -- what restrictions, if any, would you guys recommend I impose while running Red Hand of Doom or Expedition to Castle Ravenloft? I ask this out of concern to keep the challenge rating where the authors of the module intended it to be. I wouldn't want my players to feel bored because their opposition is not posing enough of a threat.

I've ran a bit of RHoD with some friends and we got up to the bridge battle after mopping up Vrath's Keep, and it was incredibly fun and exciting, easily the best premade I've come across! We were playing with only core however. I got my hands on Ravenloft recently too and it sounds interesting.