PDA

View Full Version : Character Concepts and Building Them

Lilithgow
2009-08-03, 07:32 PM
I come here today with a very real issue - that I'm sure we can all relate too.

I have a sheet of character concepts I'd love to play - But I have no clue on how to at all. They're a concept and I just don't have the know-how to make them.

And I wager you all have this as well. Well, some. Some people are quite capable of just recalling several thousand pages worth of information - a skill I'm insanely jealous of.

But yeah! I was thinking that in this thread people could post their concepts that they've wanted to play and then as a forum we could suggest ways to make them work mechanically.

I'll start. I love Lucha. And I'd love to play a Luchadore in 3.5. Throwing myself off walls, saving people for justice, and honour. But that involves...grappling. And then being useful, ever.

And I don't know how to deal with that particular issue. Help!

Assassin89
2009-08-03, 07:55 PM
First there is already a thread for this issue (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118391)

As for your idea, be a Fighter or Monk with improved grapple.

Gorbash
2009-08-03, 08:02 PM
And then being useful

be a Fighter or Monk

I cannot help but laugh. :smallbiggrin:

Eldariel
2009-08-03, 08:03 PM
I think by FAR the best way to play a Luchadore would be to play an Unarmed Swordsage. Luchadores may do grappling, but the archetypal luchadore, at least to me, is more of a jumping, tumbling, moving typhoon. Setting Sun, Stone Dragon, Tiger Claw and Diamond Mind-focus would enable just that very easily, although dipping few levels in Halfling Monk (which receives Skirmish, allowing you to deal some extra as you move; then just pick Improved Skirmish and profit) couldn't hurt either.

The other option would probably be an Unarmed Dervish-build (with Versatile Unarmed Strike to make Unarmed Strikes slashing). Either way, getting Improved Grapple and Str-focus is about all you can do for Grappling without using magic or being big.

Lilithgow
2009-08-04, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the advice, and sorry for missing the appropriate thread. I'll look into swordsage - sounds like a plan.