PDA

View Full Version : Best Racing Game

Lerky
2009-08-04, 12:40 PM
Hey, I'm looking to buy one racing computer game and only one. I'm not really a big fan of the genre but I wanna play some type of racing game for some reason. I'm torn between Trackmania United Forever or Fuel. If anyone has other ideas, please feel free to share them:smallsmile:

littlequietguy
2009-08-04, 01:54 PM
Well Mario kart is popular but that probably isn't what you are looking for.

Lerky
2009-08-04, 02:21 PM
yeah my sisters just bought that but I was looking for something a little more...thrilling? Also I just figured out that this is the wrong forum for this...my bad:smallredface:

Athaniar
2009-08-04, 02:51 PM
Mario Kart is, in fact, a really violent game. You can blow up your enemies with bombs and homing missiles, you can push them into lava, you can push them in the path of giant fireballs...

Optimystik
2009-08-04, 02:56 PM
Burnout Revenge is my all-time favorite. I don't care about car companies, looking "street," buying modifications or any of that nonsense in the other franchises. I just want speed, shortcuts, and the ability to steer the burning wreckage of my crashed car into the path of a semi trailer, setting up an apocalyptic chain reaction that takes everyone else out of the race at once. :smalltongue:

Oh, and playing all of my own music through the game.

ZeroNumerous
2009-08-04, 03:00 PM
Burnout Revenge is my all-time favorite.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g138/iand1993/Scruffy_Futurama.jpg

Lerky
2009-08-04, 03:00 PM
Burnout Revenge is my all-time favorite. I don't care about car companies, looking "street," buying modifications or any of that nonsense in the other franchises. I just want speed, shortcuts, and the ability to steer the burning wreckage of my crashed car into the path of a semi trailer, setting up an apocalyptic chain reaction that takes everyone else out of the race at once. :smalltongue:

Oh, and playing all of my own music through the game.

that does sound pretty nice...but even though I don't care about car companies, or looking...street...I do enjoy buying modfications and customizing my car so.

MrPig
2009-08-04, 03:03 PM
It depends on what you're looking for; simulation, arcade, super over the top arcade. As far as simulation goes, the Forza series stand on top, with Forza 3 coming out soon (Forza is exclusive to the XBOX 360). Arcade there are several choices, but my favourite is probably Need For Speed: Most Wanted. It offers quite a bit of vehicle customization. Super over the top arcade I would have to recommend Burnout; either Paradise or Revenge.

Thrawn183
2009-08-05, 02:41 PM
I've only played burnout for the xbox, but it made me think that I can actually possibly like the genre.

Lerky
2009-08-05, 03:40 PM
for those of you with subscriptions to Game Informer, you've heard of Rage right? That seems like a pretty decent racing game, along with some FPS mixes in it. I think I might just have to wait for that game to come out, that way if I don't like racing I can fall back on the FPS and story

Fri
2009-08-05, 03:42 PM
Need for speed is the most popular around here. I don't play racing games though.