PDA

View Full Version : Mythological dwarves

Jergmo
2009-08-04, 02:25 PM
For my campaign setting, elves/dwarves/etc. aren't PC races, and are more like their mythological counterparts. Thus far I've got stats for dwarves, so I thought I'd see if folks have suggestions.

Dwarf
+2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Wis, -2 Cha
Medium size.
A dwarf's base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
Darkvision out to 60 feet, low-light vision.
Racial Hit Dice: A dwarf begins with two levels of fey, which provides 2d6 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +1, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +3.
Racial Skills: A dwarf's fey levels give it skill points equal to 5 x (6 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Appraise, Climb, Craft, Decipher Script, Forgery, Knowledge(Arcana), Knowledge(Architecture), Knowledge(Dungeoneering), Knowledge(Nature), Profession(Miner), and Spellcraft.
Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can.
Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons. Dwarves are also proficient in all types of armor and martial weapons.
Stability: Dwarves are exceptionally stable on their feet. A dwarf has a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
Dwarves have damage reduction 5/cold iron.
Spell-like Abilities: 1/day—erase, secret page, glyph of warding. Caster level equal to HD.
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
+4 racial bonus on Appraise and Craft checks that are related to stone or metal items.
+2 racial bonus on Profession(Miner) checks.
+2 racial bonus on Spellcraft and Decipher Script checks.
Automatic Languages: Terran. Bonus Languages: Common, Giant, Draconic, Sylvan.
Favored Class: Cleric or Druid
Level Adjustment: +2

Thoughts?