PDA

View Full Version : Could this day get better?

BHodges3
2009-08-04, 04:54 PM
Other than a new comic of course...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32289030/?gt1=43001

Scary to think about there being another author that bad out there though.

Llama231
2009-08-04, 04:59 PM
Laugh out loud?
Edit: I don't really care.

Innis Cabal
2009-08-04, 05:00 PM
Honestly? As much as I regret this. It sounds like there was no foul play. I call my fiance love all the time, and "Sex on the beach", "the effects of the change into a vampire" and a wedding scene...are all PRETTY typical in love stories with Vampires, and love stories in general.

BHodges3
2009-08-04, 05:02 PM
I am sure Meyers' defense will consist of nothing more than "but my vampires sparkle!".:smallfrown:

FoE
2009-08-04, 05:03 PM
Not to defend Ms. Meyer, but these 'accusations of plagiarism' stories are usually a ploy to drum up publicity and possibly make a little cash for the accusing author. Remember the Legend of Rah and the Muggles?

AstralFire
2009-08-04, 05:04 PM
Not to defend Ms. Meyer, but these 'accusations of plagiarism' stories are usually a ploy to drum up publicity and possibly make a little cash for the accusing author. Remember the Legend of Rah and the Muggles?

This.

I don't like Meyers' writing, but this feels like a lame attempt to cash in on someone else's hard (lowquality) work.

pita
2009-08-04, 05:17 PM
Twilight sucks but this is bull.
Heh, I made a vampire pun. "sucks". heh.

Starscream
2009-08-04, 05:53 PM
This reminds me of something I read in a book by Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert. Some woman had written a lousy article on working in a cubicle.

Someone else thought it was funny (it wasn't) and decided to post it on the internet. To drive the point home he added some Dilbert comics.

The woman found out that her work was online in tandem with some Dilberts, and decided that this meant that the creator of Dilbert was responsible. When Adams found out how mad she was he had a look at her article and basically declared "Why would I steal crap?"

So yeah, Twilight must be original because of all the stories in the world, nobody would ever choose to steal that one.

Gorgondantess
2009-08-04, 05:57 PM
Ugh... I hate these cases. Really, does Twilight need any more publicity? I wish people, including the haters, could just leave it alone so that people will forget about it sooner and we can get on with our non-sparkly lives.

Icewalker
2009-08-04, 05:57 PM
Good point and fun story Starscream, but you've got it backwards: she's being accused of plagiarism, not the other way around.

Anyways, I would expect it'll be pretty obvious if she lifted passages. I don't really care, myself, I certainly don't intend to read them any time soon.

Starscream
2009-08-04, 06:02 PM
Good point and fun story Starscream, but you've got it backwards: she's being accused of plagiarism, not the other way around.

That's what I meant. If she was looking for something to steal, why not steal something better?

Ravens_cry
2009-08-04, 06:06 PM
That's what I meant. If she was looking for something to steal, why not steal something better?
Because for some, there are no stops on the Fail Train.

comicshorse
2009-08-04, 06:25 PM
The accuser's lawyer wasn't even subtle about it '"
I think the fans have to read both books and make up their own mind, like a judge is going to have to," Williams said.

Or we know we haven't a chance but if even a fraction of Twilight fans read this we'll still make a fortune

Jamin
2009-08-04, 07:47 PM
How is this a good thing? If she did nothing wrong than it gives the books publicity and makes her look heroic. If she does get convicted than she will lose money and have to write even more books to cover it.