PDA

View Full Version : is star wars d20 easy to learn?

Mystic Muse
2009-08-05, 02:08 AM
I'm not asking for me. I'm asking because this school year my cousins will want to play a game and although they liked 4th edition D&D I think they'll like a star wars game better. mostly because of the fact it's star wars. and Ewok jedi are awesome.* oh and the oldest of these cousins is twelve.

*okay that's just me.:smalltongue:

elliott20
2009-08-05, 02:16 AM
Ewok jedi
such abominations were never meant to exist....

at least according to Randy Stradley in 2005.

Mystic Muse
2009-08-05, 02:18 AM
such abominations were never meant to exist....

yeah well neither were carebears and look how that turned out.:smalltongue: nothing wrong with anthropomorphic bears. I mean I like Talespin. however there's everything wrong with carebears

elliott20
2009-08-05, 02:21 AM
carebears? KILL IT!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

but seriously, I'd say try out SW saga first. A lot of 4E design decisions were actually based on SW Saga anyway.

Mystic Muse
2009-08-05, 02:25 AM
carebears? KILL IT!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

fire? you think fire is going to do it? these things are lovecrafitan abominations capable of ripping out your organs just by looking at you! no first you ahve to throw it in a metal box. then put that box in another box. then put that box into a volcano then nuke the the planet it's on and get off.

sure the planet's dead but at least you're safe.:smallbiggrin:

what's even creepier is one of my cousins sleeps next to one at night. THESE THINGS SCARE CTHULHU AND MY COUSIN CUDDLES IT LIKE IT'S A DOLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elliott20
2009-08-05, 02:27 AM
I really shouldn't talk... my 14 month old actually has a bear that looks suspiciously like a carebear...

anyway, do you know what your cousins are like as gamers and what they're into?

Mystic Muse
2009-08-05, 02:31 AM
I ran a D&D game with them and they were mostly hack and slash. 4th edition D&D works well for this but I thought they'd be more interested in using force powers.

and my little cousin who's about six is addicted to carebears. I just don't care for them and have fun comparing them to complete abominations. same thing with a few other items I don't care for. barbies, polly pockets, ETC. the only time I'm actually serious is old dolls and ventriloquist dummies. those things are bleeping scary if you're like me and believe anything is possible. (have to have seen chuckie to be scared of them though.)

elliott20
2009-08-05, 04:30 AM
I say give a Star Wars game a whirl. Let's face it, 4E is gonna be around for a long time and you'll have no shortage of chances to run one any time soon.