PDA

View Full Version : Help with BBEG

expirement10K14
2009-08-05, 11:53 AM
So I am thinking of making an epic level campaign with my last month of summer because I am forced to babysit for much of the week.

My idea is a high level wizard that has a perfect plan laid out, my issue is contingent plans. Is there a way, by RAW/RAI, to have his spell book be destroyed upon his death. Clone and a second spell book will let him continue his plan until he can be resurrected, but how could I have his original spell book stay out of the hands of enemies?

Animefunkmaster
2009-08-05, 12:08 PM
Well, he is an epic level wizard right? You could either us a contingency + any damaging spell to destroy the book or simply put it in your demi plane after you are done preparing spells.

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-08-05, 12:17 PM
Bad idea from a realism standpoint. Why destroy it? It's massively valuable and kept under protections that should be literally impregnable right next to his clone. The 'spellbook' they find on his corpse has one spell in it, 100+times. Explosive Runes Who carries around a real spellbook after level 15?

Nerd-o-rama
2009-08-05, 01:04 PM
Seconding a "why would he have it on him?" philosophy. Alternatively, there's the option of a contingent Teleport Object (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/teleportObject.htm) spell, although that's traceable and probably won't go through whatever anti-teleportation wards the BBEG has on his own sanctum - he'll need to send it somewhere different.

Lord Loss
2009-08-05, 01:05 PM
I agree with Tallkid. Why destroy the book, instead of teleporting it to wherever the clone is?