PDA

View Full Version : Play! A Video Game Symphony

Genome
2006-08-09, 10:55 PM
Has anyone here attended Play! at its various stopping points throughout the world? I was at the concert in Philadelphia, and it was just beautiful. The orchestra included a full choir, and even an electric guitar during one song.

Here's the program.
Play! Opening Fanfare
Final Fantasy VIII - Liberi Fatali
Super Mario Bros.
Shenmue
Battlefield 1942
Final Fantasy VII - Aerith's Theme
Sonic the Hedgehog
Metal Gear Solid
Kingdom Hearts
The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind
Prey (World premiere or something, wasn't listed in the program)
Final Fantasy Series - Swing de Chocobo (Big band remix of the classic chocobo song. Truly magnificent)
Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross
World of Warcraft
Silent Hill 2
Halo
The Legend of Zelda
Final Fantasy VII - One Winged Angel
Blue Dragon (Encore piece)

Hearing Liberi Fatali and the World of Warcraft medley sent shivers down my spine.

IcarusSteelwings
2006-08-09, 11:54 PM
I went to something very similar in Houston. It was called Video Games Live. The song list is almost the same, but there are a few differences. It was really good with ine exception. Me and my friends got the cheap tickets up in the balcony. The light show was constatnly flashing us in the eyes. The worst part was during the Halo music. I was nearly blinded during this as there was the bright blue light that shone right at our level and blinked crazily. However it was totally worth the cheap tickets to be blinded. The best part was the live interactive games that happened during the game.

Jarl
2006-08-11, 01:13 AM
I wish I could see it. Maybe they'll put out a DVD.
That would be so geeky.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ETwnzBi9xV0
Those first six notes are SOOO recognizable, strange considering the game's not that old or well orchestrated, and the music's hardly the highlight. Yet still, just hearing it, you're right there, in Iwo Jima, in Berlin, in North Africa, MAN!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U1P0f1qGmNI
Those don't sound like the same lyrics... Estuans Interius//Ira Vehementi... that's not what they're saying. It's not Advent, either (Noli Manere//Manere in Memoria)...

-Huh. Still awesome sounding.