PDA

View Full Version : Special Slot Eq (D&D 3.X)

Liriel
2009-08-05, 03:01 PM
I thought I've seen special equipment for monstrous slots - horns, tail, etc. However, I cannot recall where I saw it. Does anyone know?

Thanks. ;-)

Tokiko Mima
2009-08-05, 03:07 PM
Either Savage Species or Draconomicon would be where I'd check first? :smallsmile:

Positive there's stuff for Dragons, not so sure about other races. One of the cool items was the Gem of Fortification. Swallow one and be immune to crits!

JeenLeen
2009-08-05, 03:12 PM
I believe I'd heard of rings that a dragon can wear on their tail, which resize to normal rings for humans. Draconomicon, maybe, or Dragon Magic (Magic of Dragon?).
Usually, though, I don't think monsters get more slots than a normal human can. They can lose slots, though--amorphous creatures, creatures without arms or feet, etc. Magic Item Compedium goes over it on page 219.

An exception: Lords of Madness goes over what beholders can wear. Their eyestalks can each hold an item, but it's limited how many of each type. For example, they can wear belts, rings, or amulets; but they can't wear 5 of the same type.

Keld Denar
2009-08-05, 03:25 PM
Oh goody...Beholders with Belts of Battle...

*zap* *zap* *zap* *zap* *zap* *zap* *zap* *zap*

*inhale*

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-08-05, 09:47 PM
It was always my impression that most monsters had similar slots to a human, just differently located, and since magic items resize to fit the difference is negligable.

Dixieboy
2009-08-06, 07:14 AM
Oh goody...Beholders with Belts of Battle...

*inhale*

Now make that a beholder mage.

Kaiyanwang
2009-08-06, 07:44 AM
It was always my impression that most monsters had similar slots to a human, just differently located, and since magic items resize to fit the difference is negligable.

Generally speaking, yes. For monsters with VERY alien anatomy, check LoM.

The rings on the tail are in Dragon MAgic, IIRC, but slot and more tasty items (and artifacts) built for dragons are in Draconomicon.

Consider that at best, you keep the slot, or lose them. You cannot gain new ones (unless you are an artificer for rings, and with epic feats).

As an example, 4 arms means a pairo of bracers and 2 rings anyway.