PDA

View Full Version : DDI Monster Builder

DM Raven
2009-08-05, 03:31 PM
Looks like the monster builder beta is available now to those of us who have DDI. Looks pretty slick so far...

Tyrmatt
2009-08-05, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I gave it a quick whirl the other day. It's not such much the ability to create new monsters that appeals to me, but rather that I can scale monsters to fit any party, particularly the special golems and zombies included in The Open Grave (I have a zombie-themed campaign under construction) among others. Because low level adventurers deserve the awesomeness that is a Hangman's Golem.

I think I'll probably convert that old Halloween module Scarecrow monster with it as well. Oh and build that hideous crime against good taste that is the "Child Strapped Clay Golem".

Shademan
2009-08-05, 04:55 PM
gee you 4E kids are spoiled. we 3.5 geezers hafta' stick to ROLLING the monster HP ourselves and look in the BOOKS made of PAPER when we make our monsters.

:smalltongue:

DM Raven
2009-08-05, 05:06 PM
Whoa, slow down grampa...I think it might be past someone's bedtime. ;p

Shademan
2009-08-05, 05:13 PM
yes... I need my nap now

DM Raven
2009-08-05, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I remember doing a lot of monster creation by hand with the 3.5 system. Even back then, though, I used my laptop to track games progress, XP, and combat. Though back then I mostly used Word and Excel for that sort of thing.

Limos
2009-08-05, 06:08 PM
I'm having a ball with the monster builder, it's awesome for rescaling the monsters and for making NPC's without having to stat them out as PCs.

I'm really wondering what the other adventure tools are going to be. There is room for 4 more tools on the launch screen.

I'm guessing, Map maker for one. Maybe an item builder? An artifact builder?

Froogleyboy
2009-08-05, 06:16 PM
gee you 4E kids are spoiled. we 3.5 geezers hafta' stick to ROLLING the monster HP ourselves and look in the BOOKS made of PAPER when we make our monsters.

:smalltongue:

QFT man . . . its hard to find 2E supplements these days