PDA

View Full Version : Bonus on opposed strength checks [3.5]

Enguhl
2009-08-05, 07:44 PM
I remember seeing a few things to buff opposed strength checks, but for the life of me I can't remember where.
Character concept - Brutal Elf: Friend suggested I made a sword and board elf. I decided to mix it up and make use of my 16 strength and snag a harpoon, but with only a +3 mod, I need something to help pull them in (where they fall victim to my power attacking shield bash).
Anything helps, the lower level/cost the better.
Thanks.

Dr_Emperor
2009-08-05, 08:04 PM
Mauling gauntlets and one other soulmeld from magic of incarnum does which can be gained from shape soulmeld can be grabbed with a feat.

Using marshal from miniatures handbook adds charisma mod to the strength checks 1 level dip.

Enguhl
2009-08-05, 08:30 PM
Drat, Magic of Incarnum is one of the few books I don't own : /
Luckily my friend does, thanks : )

Keld Denar
2009-08-05, 08:40 PM
Armbands of Might from the MIC give a +2 on all strength based checks for 4100g. They also give you +2 to damage when you Power Attack for at least 2.

Other than that, getting a +6 str belt and +str tomes (very late) work.

You can also increase your size. MIC has a Belt that increases your size for a short bit. A friendly casting of Enlarge Person or Polymorph will help as well, with the latter allowing you to nab some really awesome combat forms like Trolls and smaller Giants.

The spell Valiant Fury gives a +4 MORAL bonus on Str, unfortunately its a 5th level cleric spell that ONLY appears on the Courage domain list.

quick_comment
2009-08-05, 08:44 PM
Warblade lets you add your int to a bunch of opposed checks like trip and disarm.

Deepblue706
2009-08-05, 11:31 PM
If you picked up the Delay Potion feat (Complete Arcane, I think), you could store a potion of Enlarge Person in your stomach for [CON bonus] hours and then activate it as a swift action.

Being Large is rather good for opposed rolls.