PDA

View Full Version : One-Liners

Shadowbane
2009-08-05, 10:17 PM
I need some Pre ass-kicking one liners (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PreAssKickingOneLiner).

Preferably something to do with biting something, or with day and night. Or comparing a werewolf to street mongrel in some witty and offensive way. I'm out.

If you guys can come up with anything, I'd be really grateful. Thanks!

Jack Squat
2009-08-05, 10:33 PM
Maybe to go along with biting "I hope you got your rabies shot." But that's about all I can think of.

You could always do the cliche one from Rowdy Roddy Piper (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_K8prLfso) or some ones from Red vs. Blue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM3VW4-zStk&feature=related).

Trodon
2009-08-05, 10:41 PM
or some ones from Red vs. Blue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM3VW4-zStk&feature=related).

Because Red vs. Blue is amazing.

MethosH
2009-08-05, 10:55 PM
Have you tried watching this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs&feature=fvst) :smallbiggrin:

Don Julio Anejo
2009-08-05, 11:08 PM
Bite me. No, not "bite me" bite me, I mean bite me like you did last night in the bedroom.
-Scrubs.

littlebottom
2009-08-05, 11:19 PM
Have you tried watching this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs&feature=fvst) :smallbiggrin:

hahahahaaaa, seriously, no one can deny monty pyton, NO ONE! :smallbiggrin: absolute classic

Cyrion
2009-08-06, 08:53 AM
I'm going to kick your ass so hard you won't have to turn around to chase your tail.

You can leave, or you can leave looking like a French poodle. Those are your choices.

Shadowbane
2009-08-06, 10:32 AM
Oh man...Love the Red vs. Blue ones. And the Scrubs ones.

And oh god, Cyrion, you had me howling.

Keld Denar
2009-08-06, 11:08 AM
Open a web brouser. Go to your search engine of choice. Type in Bruce Campbell. Every word he has ever said in any movie hes ever been in is a one liner.

"This is my boomstick"

"Hunny, you got real ugly"

"Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun"

etc...

Cyrion
2009-08-06, 12:04 PM
Do you know the origin of a werewolf? It's the result of kobolds trying to breed a rat with a pirahnna.

KuReshtin
2009-08-06, 02:33 PM
There are some good one-liners about werewolves in the film Dog Soldiers.

"I'm still not convinced these things* didn't just escape from the local nut-house and forget to shave or trim their nails."

*the baddie werewolves

Shadowbane
2009-08-07, 10:03 PM
Awesome. Does anyone else have any good ones?

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-08-07, 10:13 PM
There is a butt being kicked, but no info on who is being kicked, or the source of said kicking.

Shadowbane
2009-08-07, 10:24 PM
The character doing the butt-kicking is a vampire named Nolan Gresham. He fights with two huge knives, or a massive zweihander. He's super-strong, super-fast, can shapeshift into almost any he wants, and can regenerate wounds extremely quickly. He can also hypnotize his opponents.

Nolan generally fights by turning himself into a whirlwind of blades by extending bone spikes from his arms (a la Baraka, but three), knees, shoulders, and elbows. Plate-like bones appears on his lower legs and chest.

He can also create blood red fire out of his agony, which he generally does by using his bone spikes (which is extremely painful) and snapping them off in his opponent. He then channels the agony into blood red fire that burns whatever he aims it at.

His two common opponents are Dmitri Manson, a terribly powerful but stupid werewolf, and Lugen "Mr. Cruel" Gefahr, a vampire who is much stronger than he is.

I have enough for Dmitri, but I need some for Mr. Cruel.

Mr. Cruel is kinda like a worm that walks. He looks normal, in fact he looks incredibly good, but he can dissolve into worms or other vermin, and divide himself into three. He's also immune to almost anything except that fire. He's fast, strong, and smart. He's also raped and kidnapped Nolan's best friend, a girl named Jesse. Right now, he's got her still alive and tied naked to a cross near Nolan that he can't get near.

Mr. Cruel is the target of the one-liners.

Ya Ta Hey!
2009-08-07, 10:29 PM
[EDIT: Just read ^ and went :smallfrown:. All mine were targeted at werewolves.]

For werewolf

"Oh-ho, someone's sleeping in the garage tonight."

"I know its not a special occasion--" *Ka-CLICK* "...but I just gotta use the good silver (http://ar.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070430091537AAA37gj) tonight."

"Snausages!"

"Just stay away from the crotch."

"You know? The more of you guys I meet, the more I like my cat."

"...and then my Father put the Milkbone right up to my face and said 'why so canine?."

For Dmitri

"I wonder what kind of fish I could catch with (a hook full of) you?"

"Back to the manure pile!"

Jack Squat
2009-08-07, 10:30 PM
against a guy who turns into bugs and vermin?

"Did somebody call for an exterminator?"

Shadowbane
2009-08-07, 10:36 PM
[EDIT: Just read ^ and went :smallfrown:. All mine were targeted at werewolves.]

For werewolf

"Oh-ho, someone's sleeping in the garage tonight."

"I know its not a special occasion--" *Ka-CLICK* "...but I just gotta use the good silver (http://ar.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070430091537AAA37gj) tonight."

"Snausages!"

"Just stay away from the crotch."

"You know? The more of you guys I meet, the more I like my cat."

"...and then my Father put the Milkbone right up to my face and said 'why so canine?."

For Dmitri

"I wonder what kind of fish I could catch with (a hook full of) you?"

That's totally ok. :D He's gonna fight more werewolves later. The last one, you probably aimed at Mr. Cruel, not Dmitri. And man, it's brilliant. :D

Ya Ta Hey!
2009-08-07, 10:40 PM
Oops, I got the two confused. Sorry.

(Glad you like it)

AKA_Bait
2009-08-07, 11:01 PM
To someone else but within earshot of Mr. Cruel "He's made of worms, bugs and 200 year old fashion, of course he has to tie women up to get any."

"So, were your parents actually named Mr. and Mrs. Cruel? I'm thinking it's a stage name. You look more like a Schwartz to me."

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-08-07, 11:08 PM
Given the scene setup with the 'worm', I see hatred and/or menace:

*snickt* "Oh, I'm going to turn all of your 'innies' into 'outies'."

*snickt* "Looks like I'm about to find out what happens when I enter an exit."

"You're going to go out in a blaze of gory."

"Not many get to see their own funeral pyre."

"With just a little gasoline... Yeah, I can feel the spark of chemistry between us already."

Shadowbane
2009-08-07, 11:17 PM
Omigod. Love em.

One of the ones I used was this one, when he was fighting Dmitri. Dmitri had lifted him up and nearly killed him by smashing him repeatedly against the wall. Now he's holding him up close to his face.

"What doesn't kill me should be petted until fluffy. Pat pat."

Nolan pets him. Cue butt-kicking by bonespike.

chiasaur11
2009-08-07, 11:43 PM
Angel had a pitch perfect one for undead types to use.

If the enemy says some variant of "Die!":

"I already have"

Then, once you kill them

"Welcome to the club."

Of course, most Whedon shows have a decent handful of such things.
So, worth looking into.

golentan
2009-08-08, 01:18 AM
"I'm gonna give you 29 and a half seconds before I attack, because I bet my friend you wouldn't last 30 seconds and I don't like odds better than 100 to 1."

"I'm here to help you lose weight, let's start with your arm."

"I'm about to paint the wall behind you in bright, cheery red."

Winthur
2009-08-08, 09:53 AM
For inspiration, but I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z63Z8j-xOrE&feature=related)

Jade_Tarem
2009-08-08, 10:08 AM
One that I've always wanted to use, but never had the chance to:

"It's time to kick-*** and spout one-liners, and I'm all outta one liners!"

Maybe you'll get the opportunity. :smallsmile:

Lady Tialait
2009-08-08, 10:19 AM
I know!

"You fight like a milkmaid!"

golentan
2009-08-08, 11:57 AM
I know!

"You fight like a milkmaid!"

But that leaves you open to the response: "How appropriate. You fight like a cow."

Civil War Man
2009-08-08, 01:35 PM
I personally prefer the post-asskicking one-liner. The kind of cringe-worthy quips you hear from the likes of Ah-nuld or the various James Bondses.

TheBibliophile
2009-08-08, 06:02 PM
Well, it's a vampire one...

I was round at Dracula's house arranging furniture, doing a bit of fang shui.

Shadowbane
2009-08-08, 06:36 PM
Thank you very much for all of these! I can really sink my teeth into these.

Setra
2009-08-08, 06:42 PM
Preferably something to do with biting something
My teeth are a little dull today, so this might hurt

or with day and night.
Hairball today, gone tomorrow

Or comparing a werewolf to street mongrel in some witty and offensive way. I'm out.
I'd make you my b**** if you weren't so filthy

This is the best my half asleep brain can come up with

Shadowbane
2009-08-08, 09:32 PM
I quite like them. Particularly the second one.

horngeek
2009-08-09, 12:35 AM
"Give up. You are a thousand years too young to even attempt to fight me."

Man, I love ripping off lines from Byakuya and altering them for circumstances.