PDA

View Full Version : Login?

Eldan
2009-08-06, 01:00 AM
Just happened a few seconds ago: I opened all new threads from my usercp in new tabs. After every click, firefox would jump to that tab and a window would put up: "Please enter veryfication for home.planet.nl", asking me for a login and password.
Is just something up with this library computer here or is that a forum problem?

Zeb The Troll
2009-08-06, 01:08 AM
GitP has no affiliation with home.planet.nl, so I'd wager it's something to do with the library network.

Jimorian
2009-08-06, 01:17 AM
I think it's a hosted avatar image that's having server issues, I reported a thread where it happened to me. My semi-educated guess is that it's Lord Herman's avvie. If that's the case, it's not a security threat, just an annoyance to close them each time.

EDIT: Yes, now when I go into that thread, his avatar shows up, I don't get the prompt, and this is the address: http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Javie_Guardsman.png

PhoeKun
2009-08-06, 01:17 AM
It has nothing to do with a library, or if it does it's a library that's taken over the site. I'm periodically receiving the exact same prompt.

Eldan
2009-08-06, 01:24 AM
Thought it was something like that. I mean, I am certainly not in the netherlands here.

Edit: This thread as well. Refreshing gave me the message.

Edit edit: And editting too.

Jimorian
2009-08-06, 01:27 AM
Zeb's sig trophy is hosted there (didn't think the link I posted would cause that).

EDIT: and since a lot of people have Lord Herman's playground trophies, as long as home.planet.nl has this issue, it's probably going to pop up a lot. :smallconfused:

Nevitan
2009-08-06, 01:35 AM
I've never gotten it until I opened this thread. :smalleek:

Zeb The Troll
2009-08-06, 01:35 AM
Oh, that fiesty Herman! I wonder why I'm not getting the problem every time I post?

Jimorian
2009-08-06, 01:37 AM
It might be a DNS update that hasn't propagated fully yet, I'm no longer getting it at all.

Lord Herman
2009-08-06, 01:58 AM
Sorry, guys. Don't know why this is happening, but it seems to be caused by my host. I suspect that, due to a mix-up of some kind, their code monkeys are actual monkeys.

I do remember seeing this sort of thing happen before with other people's avatars (hosted at different places). Don't know what they did to fix it, though. I could take down my avatar, but that would still leave all those trophies in other people's sigs.

Edit: I just tried to open my site, and I get the same login dealie. And it won't even let me log in; it reappears after I enter my username and password. The planet.nl site also seems to be having problems. I guess I should just wait until their monkeys have fixed it.

Eldan
2009-08-06, 01:59 AM
Yeah. This post alone just prompted that query four times. It's worse in other threads. Kinda annoying, but not really bad.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-06, 02:47 AM
Annoying yes, relieving to know it's not a bug on my side? Good to know.:smallsmile:

Good luck with your host, Herman.

Why does that sentence make me think Herman is a goa'uld host?:smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2009-08-06, 03:31 AM
Why does that sentence make me think Herman is a goa'uld host?:smalltongue:

Don't be ridiculous. There is no such thing as Goa'uld. help

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-06, 04:14 AM
Ofcourse not, that would be silly. I'l have the tretonin and surgical tools set up at the meet-up.

Ripped Shirt Kirk
2009-08-06, 04:22 AM
Yeah, it's happening to me too. And I believe the exact word is this:
"Enter username and password for http://home.planet.nl"
The funny thing is, I was just about to make a thread for this when I noticed that it didn't happen on other sites. lulz

Lord Herman
2009-08-06, 04:49 AM
Seems to be fixed now. Is anyone still getting those messages?

Eldan
2009-08-06, 04:52 AM
No, at least not for this thread.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-08-06, 06:18 AM
Seems fixed to me.

Nevitan
2009-08-06, 06:21 AM
Yep, everything seems sorted out.