PDA

View Full Version : Burrowing

Mindleshank
2009-08-06, 01:49 AM
What are the rules on burrowing, because my friend is playing a wildren and they can burrow? Now do you get sneak attack, or catch them flat-footed? Are they invisible to those above ground?

jmbrown
2009-08-06, 01:58 AM
A creature with a burrow speed can tunnel through dirt, but not through rock unless the descriptive text says otherwise. Creatures cannot charge or run while burrowing. Most burrowing creatures do not leave behind tunnels other creatures can use (either because the material they tunnel through fills in behind them or because they do not actually dislocate any material when burrowing); see the individual creature descriptions for details.

Most creatures don't leave a trail (I.E. the famous Bugs Bunny or cartoon burrower trails) so it's nearly impossible to track something underground via sight and you'll have to rely on listen.

Move silently works normally and if you take someone by surprise the normal rules apply. Unless you have the power to do so, you can't attack from underground. There's no "I stay under the surface but reach my hand up and claw his ankles" nonsense.