PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Binder Dipping

AKA_Bait
2009-08-06, 06:14 AM
What's a good one level dip for a Binder?

I'm playing in a 3.5 game and I can only stick around for 2 more sessions (law school schedule making things a problem) and my Halfling Binder just made it to level nine. Until now, I've been going straight Binder so as not to delay getting vestiges. However, seeing as how I'll be leaving the game before I gain another level and the main benefit of 9th level binders is Slippery Mind and +1 Ref I'm toying with the idea of dipping into another class for this one level.

The character sheet, which hasn't been updated in a little while, is here (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=2780), in case anyone feels the need to ask questions about my specific build. There are some unusual house rules going on (I'm also getting an extra feat for example) so don't worry about things that may look odd on it.

Any suggestions on how to get the most bang for my level here? Thanks!

Eldan
2009-08-06, 06:21 AM
The question is what you are going for. Spellcasters are most likely useless, as level one spells won't make a difference. Some binders are geared toward fighting, but yours doesn't seem to be, from his feat choices. Still, a level of warblade or swordsage could be nice. For versatility, factotum is never wrong, and being versatile is also one of the strenghts of the binder.

Hmm. Can't think of much more.

AKA_Bait
2009-08-06, 06:50 AM
Yeah, factotem was an idea. I'm leaning against it mainly because when I proposed characters to the DM I suggested I play either a binder or a factotem and went binder.

Swordsage might work. The character is far far from optimized I know. It was built to be skill monkeyish.

Sinfire Titan
2009-08-06, 09:04 AM
Yeah, factotem was an idea. I'm leaning against it mainly because when I proposed characters to the DM I suggested I play either a binder or a factotem and went binder.

Swordsage might work. The character is far far from optimized I know. It was built to be skill monkeyish.

Swordsage 4 is a great dip if your Wis is decent. You can make up for 2 of the levels lost with a feat anyway, so you still get 8th level Vestiges. Pact Augments can boost your stats to make you into a legitimate tank.

peacenlove
2009-08-06, 09:27 AM
Swordsage 4 is a great dip if your Wis is decent. You can make up for 2 of the levels lost with a feat anyway, so you still get 8th level Vestiges. Pact Augments can boost your stats to make you into a legitimate tank.

Although your point still stands the OP stated that his game will last for only a level :smallbiggrin:
I agree with sword sage (although your average wisdom wont give you many abilities :smalltongue:). extra maneuvers never hurt. Although a warlock would be good too with his least invocation choices if you want more passive abilities.