PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Next WW I: The Eyre Affair- Game On!

Pages : [1] 2

The Bookworm
2009-08-06, 07:05 AM
Prologue: Characters Wanted!
‘The job recruitment office in Swindon is a dry and dismal place, very rarely used by anyone. Occasionally, however, some sad soul will stick a notice on the wall, hoping someone will come by and take the job or jobs offered. They rarely do, but sometimes someone will come along, see the papers, and accept a job. And it is for that reason that no one has yet knocked it down.’
-MILLON DE FLOSS, The Definitive Guide to Swindon

At the moment, a thin layer of dust is over everything in the office. However, a few dusty notes (displayed below) are hanging on the wall.

The rules to this WW game are that of any other: 48 hour days, 24 hour nights, point in red, points at the narrator or nobody do not count. Autolynches are after three inactive days. There is no 25% lynch, and scry interference is in effect. There are no secret roles!

Roles:
Hades and Associates (Wolves)- Win by Having Equal Number Compared to Villagers/Neutral
Acheron Hades (Alpha): The leader of the wolves, you scry as a Swindon Citizen.
Hobbes (Devil): You can scry someone once per night.
Felix7, Felix8 (Wolves): You, along with the others on Team Hades, choose one person to kill each night.
Dr Muller (Beast): If lynched, one of those who voted for you and is not on your team is taken down. This is determined randomly.

The Next Family, SpecOps, and the Swindon Citizens (Villagers)- Win by Eliminating Wolves
Swindon Citizens (Villagers): You can vote once per day phase to pick someone to lynch, like all other roles. You have no other powers.
Thursday Next (Sniper, Alpha Mason): You are the leader of the Masons. Once every third night, you may pick someone to night kill.
Next Family: Joffy, Polly, Mycroft, Wednesday (Masons): You know each other and Thursday Next.
Colonel Next (Seer): You can collect information on one person per night by time traveling. This lets you know their role.
Rochester (Baner): Every night, you can pick someone to protect from any night kills.
Bowden Cable (Fool): You think you know people’s identities, but you are wrong. You are told you are Colonel Next, but whatever scry results you receive are random.
Victor Analogy (Transmuter?): Every night, you are PMed an ability that you can use that night.
Braxton Hicks: Your vote counts as two.

Goliath Corporation (Neutral)- Win by Eliminating Thursday, Mycroft, and Acheron, and at least one member surviving, can win w/ another side
Jack Schitt (Transmuter?/Beast*)- Every night, you are PMed an ability that you can use that night. If 1 Thug is dead, you are PMed an ability every other night. If both are dead, you have no powers.
2 Goliath Thugs- Power Source for Jack Schitt
*If Schitt is lynched, two people (randomly determined) who voted for Schitt are killed (if both thugs are alive), one person who voted for Schitt is killed (if one thug is alive), or nobody who voted for Schitt is killed (if both thugs are dead). If Schitt is night-killed by the wolves, and both thugs are alive, one wolf role (standard wolf if any are alive, otherwise the beast, if beast is dead the devil, if devil is dead Acheron) is killed. If one or both thugs are dead, no one is killed if Schitt are night-killed. If Schitt is night-killed by Thursday or Victor and two thugs are alive, s/he dies as well. If less than two thugs are alive, no one is killed.

If Goliath has won, another side can also prevail. However, survival does not equal success for Goliath. If one of the other sides wins before Goliath, Goliath cannot win.

Alive (15/30)
Murska
Aemoh
Fin
Teron
Opeth Freak
Rakkoon
Oddity
Timberwolf
Banthesun
Shadowcaller
Toasty
Gothicbob
Irbis
Thufir
Deathslayer7

A new piece of paper has appeared!

Death List (15/30)
Fleeing Coward: Lynched Day 1, Swindon Citizen
Jontom Xire: Killed by wolves Night 1, Swindon Citizen
Shadow: Lynched Day 2, Swindon Citizen
Trixie: Killed by wolves Night 2, Goliath Thug
Moofin Bard: Lynched Day 3, Dr Muller
Shadowhisper: Beasted Day 3, Mycroft Next
Helgraf: Killed by wolves Night 3, Victor Analogy
MOD: Sniped by Thursday Night 3, Jack Schitt
Selrahc: Lynched Day 4, Hobbes
Barmacral: Autolynched Day 4, Braxton Hicks
The Fiery Tower: Lynched Day 5, Swindon Citizen
Alarra: Killed by wolves Night 5, Wednesday Next
Heroic: Lynched Day 6, Swindon Citizen
Cyrano: Autolynched Day 6, Felix7
Banjo1985: Killed by wolves Night 6, Goliath Thug

Alarra
2009-08-06, 07:31 AM
Ooh, yay! I wanna play. :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-06, 07:53 AM
Count me in

Murska
2009-08-06, 08:05 AM
I'm in. :smallsmile:

Aemoh
2009-08-06, 08:51 AM
In, says I.

Fin
2009-08-06, 09:36 AM
In, with Cake!

MOD
2009-08-06, 10:35 AM
In after Fin.

Teron
2009-08-06, 11:22 AM
I'd like to give this a try, if it's all right that I've never played Werewolf and don't know the first thing about the Thursday Next books.

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-06, 12:52 PM
Response to your PM, Bookworm: Sure I will, count me in :smallwink:

TFT
2009-08-06, 05:03 PM
Hmm... I think I might be able to try more then two games... so long as I don't get sidetracked again...

Heroic
2009-08-06, 06:13 PM
Nice, I wanna play.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-06, 09:17 PM
I would very much like to play.

*sits criss cross apple sauce*

Helgraf
2009-08-07, 02:57 AM
Lemme in, eh?

rakkoon
2009-08-07, 04:22 AM
Rakkoon present and willing to enter Sir

banjo1985
2009-08-07, 04:40 AM
I'm in, though I know nothing about Thursday Next either. :smalleek:

Oddity
2009-08-07, 05:23 AM
In
((Ima pretend I know :smallwink:))

Timberwolf
2009-08-07, 05:57 AM
I'm in, though I know nothing about Thursday Next either. :smalleek:

READ IT READ IT READ IT !!!!!

INNNNNNN !!!!!!

Alarra
2009-08-07, 07:33 AM
READ IT READ IT READ IT !!!!!

INNNNNNN !!!!!!
*seconds* These books are soooooooo much fun. Everyone needs to go read them! :smallbiggrin:

Cyrano
2009-08-07, 07:43 AM
lolwut werewolf game

'Kay man I'll play it.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-08-07, 09:19 AM
Haven't read the books,(actually didn't know that they were books, but...:smallsmile:) IN! (hopes I'm a power role) I was killed in the first werewolf game I ever played. Day 2 lynch.

banthesun
2009-08-07, 09:27 AM
I prefer the NCD books, but I'm still in!

Timberwolf
2009-08-07, 10:24 AM
*seconds* These books are soooooooo much fun. Everyone needs to go read them! :smallbiggrin:

And they're even better if you've actually been to Swindon...

(I live pretty near, for my sins)

The Bookworm
2009-08-08, 01:15 PM
Okay, we have 19 players. That's about 2/3 of what I'd hoped for, but there's still 8 or 9 more days of recruitment left before it closes. Sign up, people! @V Sorry, that was my inner frustrated DM speaking. Calm down, inner frustrated DM. This is a WW game. This is not that D&D Campaign.

Selrahc
2009-08-08, 01:16 PM
Alright already! Didn't need to go all invisible yelly type on me. :smalleek:

Shadowcaller
2009-08-09, 07:33 AM
Since I won't be able to narrate anything until I got settled in the university...

I am joining this game.

toasty
2009-08-09, 08:35 AM
This looks good. Never heard of the books or anything, but still, I'd love to play. :)

rakkoon
2009-08-10, 02:44 AM
Ordered the book, looks cool

The Bookworm
2009-08-10, 07:09 AM
Ordered the book, looks cool
Great! The books are awesome!

banjo1985
2009-08-11, 01:14 PM
Quiet you guys, I'm doing research!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z175/banjo_the_clown/P8110057.jpg

Sucky picture alert! :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-08-11, 01:46 PM
So many new players.

Sigh. In.

I hope this starts quickly :smallsigh:

Robert Blackletter
2009-08-11, 02:03 PM
Count me in

The Bookworm
2009-08-11, 05:03 PM
So many new players.

Sigh. In.

I hope this starts quickly :smallsigh:
It's starting on Monday the 17th, but recruitment will close on the 16th for role PMs etc. As for new players, Teron is a first-timer, and Heroic and The Fiery Tower are name changes.

Irbis
2009-08-12, 05:06 AM
Um...

I'd like to play :smallsigh:

Shadow
2009-08-12, 02:38 PM
Count me in. :smallsmile:

Jontom Xire
2009-08-13, 02:27 AM
Definitely in. I like it lots.

Thufir
2009-08-14, 03:37 PM
In. Though I haven't read the books, something seems familiar... maybe my parents have them.

Deathslayer7
2009-08-14, 05:42 PM
ill get in since im in relatively little games.

Barmacral
2009-08-14, 06:51 PM
I'd like to try this.

The Bookworm
2009-08-14, 06:56 PM
And Recruitment is Closed! However, Recruiting for Auto-Lynch Replacements is Open, and will close on Sunday, August 16th, at ~2:00 EST! Thanks to everyone for signing up!

The Bookworm
2009-08-16, 02:05 PM
And it looks like no one wants to be an AL replacement. Oh well, maybe we'll get some later... Anyway, PMs are being sent and the game will begin sometime tomorrow! You'll know when because the opening narration will be up!

The Bookworm
2009-08-17, 02:16 PM
Chapter 1a: Port of Departure: London, Destination: Swindon
“Thursday had lived in Swindon for most of her life before moving to London for SpecOps work. She decided to move back to Swindon after the battle with Acheron in London, (detailed in The Thursday Next Casebook, Volume 6) for reasons unknown at this time, but likely to do with Acheron in some way.”
-MILLON DE FLOSS, Thursday Next- A Biography

In an alleyway in Swindon, in the dead of night, there was silence. And then, a voice. A man backed up against the wall by two other men, holding guns.
“What are you? You aren’t a sucker, a biter, or an SEB.”
“I don’t think you should be asking questions, but I’ll be answering this one. Think of it as a bonus answer. My name is Hades, and this is my colleague, Felix7. You’ve made friends with a woman named Next, and we don’t like that.”
“I’ll stop. I will.”
“No. Shoot the man, Felix.” Felix7 fired at the man once, and he crumpled to the ground. He fired again. And again. And again.
“Time to go, Felix. We have a house to visit before day breaks.”
“Yes. We do.”
In the sunny London office of the LiteraTecs, Operative Paige Turner picked up a newspaper. She’d decided to subscribe to the Swindon Herald to keep up with her friend Operative Thursday Next, who’d recently moved to Swindon. The news on the front page was disturbing, to say the least, “SO-17 Operative Found Dead In Alleyway” with several gruesome pictures. On the second page was an article “Disappearance of Famous Author,” which told her that ‘Landen Parke-Laine’ had gone missing. She hoped neither of these people were friends of Thursday, but she rather suspected that they were. Thursday seemed to get into trouble very easily. She put down the paper, and sipped her coffee.
Thursday Next woke up that morning to find a note slipped under her door. She opened it, and inside it said
My dear Thursday,
I have made my first move. Your friend “Spike” is dead. Your would-be romance, Landen, is taken. Your turn. Game on!
Acheron
The Bookworm was killed; he was Spike Stoker (the Narrator). Chapter 1a (Day 1) has begun and will end in ~48 hours. Get voting!

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-17, 03:35 PM
Slow start, eh?

Trixie, because random.org said so :smalltongue:

banjo1985
2009-08-17, 03:36 PM
"Oh no! Not Spike! Whatever shall we do? If only he'd have believed me when I told him Bacon wrote all the great plays..."

The Baconian Panthletear heads for another street, shaking his head sadly.

"We need to keep an eye on Moofin Bard, she looks like she might be a Milton..."

Trixie
2009-08-17, 03:40 PM
Opeth Freak (doesn't) wants trouble, eh? :smallannoyed:

Maybe he is the one who committed this abominable murder, eh?

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-17, 03:48 PM
Opeth Freak wants trouble, eh? :smallannoyed:

Maybe he is the one who committed this abominable murder, eh?

In fact, I really laughed hard, when I saw a result of this random roll :smalltongue:

Fin
2009-08-17, 04:00 PM
Banjo1985, I have even seen pictures of him, in this very thread, looking suspicious and reading books. As we all know reading books in a suspicious manner is the first step to becoming an evil genius as well as becoming literate!

Thufir
2009-08-17, 04:06 PM
Banjo1985, I have even seen pictures of him, in this very thread, looking suspicious and reading books. As we all know reading books in a suspicious manner is the first step to becoming an evil genius as well as becoming literate!

Bah! If reading books made you evil, I'd be a supervillain by now, Fin.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-08-17, 04:17 PM
The random die roll says Banthesun.

Aemoh
2009-08-17, 04:40 PM
And my random roll(read: close my eyes and point at the player list) says Selrahc :smallamused:

MOD
2009-08-17, 05:03 PM
Go go Invisible Castle dice rolling action, D'anna Biers.

Barmacral
2009-08-17, 05:07 PM
Opeth Freak For being number 8 on the list.

Timberwolf
2009-08-17, 05:24 PM
Alright Fin, gotta agree I find your 1st day argument to be the most original

Banjo.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-17, 05:24 PM
Trixie for just plain old looking sneaky. And I got a 23.

Cyrano
2009-08-17, 06:03 PM
Opeth Freak, for being the first to get more than one vote. Also he voted FIRST. What kind of man votes so quick on the uptake? A dirty, dirty killer, trying to start a bandwagon against someone else. And what kind of man is voted against twice faster than anyone else? A suspicious individual, lurking in alleyways to stab people with poky knives. Also because voting for MOD would be pointless and vindictive and I'm never one to hold a grudge.

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-17, 06:18 PM
I'll be third on the Banjo wagon. Guess that makes me a wolf? :smallbiggrin:

Irbis
2009-08-17, 06:20 PM
Huh. I think Danna is on to something. Opeth Freak, it is, then, with his fake random numbers and ninja posting.

Oh, and he is from Warsaw! I bet he is a mohair commando (http://images.google.pl/images?hl=pl&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:pl:official&hs=kGr&q=moherowy%20beret&lr=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi) in disguise, too! :smalleek:

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-17, 06:28 PM
Ok, I wanted to wait and see, where this will go tomorrow, but I can already see some ridiculous bandwagon coming on me, so I may say it now already:

I'm a seer/fool.

Until night 1, I cannot really tell which one, but at this rate I may be not fortunate enough to live that long :smallsigh:

Anyway, please don't lynch me just yet.

Irbis: Mohair Commando operates in Toruń near Father Director, you silly... :smalltongue: (sorry guys, joke understandable to Poles only)

Heroic
2009-08-17, 07:04 PM
OK I'll trust Opeth for now, so I'll join the Banjo bandwagon.
To confirm your role, I propose Opeth to scry me tonight and let me know via PM his result. If this is correct, I'll let you know he's the seer, if not, then we have a wolf or a fool here.

If the other seer/fool wants to scry me, go ahead.

(Oh and some baner protection from the wolves would be nice)

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-17, 07:07 PM
OK I'll trust Opeth for now, so I'll join the Banjo bandwagon.
To confirm your role, I propose Opeth to scry me tonight and let me know via PM his result. If this is correct, I'll let you know he's the seer, if not, then we have a wolf or a fool here.

If the other seer/fool wants to scry me, go ahead.

(Oh and some baner protection from the wolves would be nice)

There's a scry interference.

Also I would like to pick someone myself (If I'll be alive of course). If I'll admit here, I'm picking you, then either you'll die, and my result will mean nothing, or I'll die which is bad anyway. Baner is only one, remember :smallwink:

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-17, 08:10 PM
I must say I'm questioning the claim myself.
With only a 4-3 wagon so far, if you really are the seer/fool, you came out way too early and the seer claim is also one most commonly used by wolves to buy themselves an extra day or 2 especially when scry interference is in place so I certainly wouldn't be too trusting of Opeth.
I'll also remind any power roles out there to not contact him just in case people still havn't learnt from what happened with Murska.

Heroic
2009-08-17, 08:12 PM
OK do as you wish, the lynch's on you.

toasty
2009-08-17, 09:53 PM
Fleeing Coward because I don't want to lynch anyone and I don't think anyone has voted for him.

Shadow
2009-08-18, 01:46 AM
I'll be third on the Banjo wagon. Guess that makes me a wolf? :smallbiggrin:

Nope, that doesn't make you a bad dude. The fact that you're joking about it, however, makes me think that you are. That's a tactic for day 4 or 6, not day 1. On day 1 it makes me think you're not kidding, but rather trying to make us THINK you're kidding.
Ok, I wanted to wait and see, where this will go tomorrow, but I can already see some ridiculous bandwagon coming on me, so I may say it now already:

I'm a seer/fool.

Until night 1, I cannot really tell which one, but at this rate I may be not fortunate enough to live that long :smallsigh:

No point in lynching you now. You just signed your death warrant via night kill. They're not going to waste their time scrying you, and the Baner would be a fool to protect you after that, seeing as YOU are the only one that can clear yourself. :smallamused:

I'm going with Fleeing Coward, and I'll continue to do so until one of us is dead.

Oddity
2009-08-18, 01:51 AM
Teron

1st day politics: 'bah'

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-18, 02:10 AM
No point in lynching you now. You just signed your death warrant via night kill. They're not going to waste their time scrying you, and the Baner would be a fool to protect you after that, seeing as YOU are the only one that can clear yourself. :smallamused:

If not a potential seer. then who should be baned by a Baner on night 1, then?

I understand all those doubts, but I did what I must. You all know, what the first day is like... It was late at night, and I had a biggest bandwagon on my head. If I didn't claim right then, then I would probably wake up with 8-10 votes, and that would be already a moment too late to claim then...

Banjo, to save myself.

Shadow
2009-08-18, 02:21 AM
If not a potential seer. then who should be baned by a Baner on night 1, then?

And if you were Rochester?
Would you, on night one, bane yourself? A random player? A person that claimed seer on day one after only getting a couple of votes?

I wouldn't save you.
If you are who you say that you are:
a) You're the fool, and you're useless.
b) You're the seer, but there is NO WAY for me to verify this, as YOU are the only one that can do that.
c) You're Hades or one of his associates, and baning you leaves me open to kill myself, while setting you up for a coup of us later.

None of these options particularly suits me, if I were Rochester. If I bwere Rochester, you're on your own. If what you say is true, you never should have said it so quickly. If what you say is true, I have no faith in you as a keeper of secrets, and therefore no faith in you as a seer.

If what you say is not true, it's no loss.

Win/win for Rochester. We've won games without the seer MANY times before. Personally I think the seer is overrated as a tool. Now that you've made yourself a GIGANTIC target, am I supposed to spend the rest of the game blindly saving a player that may or may not be someone important? Or should I focus on my own game plan?

You made your bed. Sleep in it.

But that's if I were Rochester.

Oddity
2009-08-18, 02:31 AM
"he has a bed?
I want one!"
'psst Oddity a bed means death-sentence'
"Really?"
'Uh... yes'
"In that case... Opeth!... have another bed, I don't want it."

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-18, 02:39 AM
Also, since I'm a biggest target around, baning me may actually stop a night kill, which is far more bigger win, than losing Seer, and still a bigger win, from losing member of team good (Fool), even if he's useless...

Oh whatever, do what you want, Baner, and everyone. All I ask, is to give me one night to prove my identity. It's up to you to let me help you, or not.

Shadow
2009-08-18, 02:44 AM
Fair enough.
I'm not voting for you anyway, remember?

Helgraf
2009-08-18, 03:34 AM
Well, since Opeth has signed his death warrent anyway.

Fleeing Coward

Trixie
2009-08-18, 03:34 AM
Sigh. Okay, I'm willing to give you one chance, Opeth.

But you still haven't taken out that vote pointing at me (by rules, it is first non-crossed out vote that counts).

And Shadow might have a point this time, so Fleeing Coward it is.

Irbis
2009-08-18, 03:44 AM
Irbis: Mohair Commando operates in Toruń near Father Director, you silly... :smalltongue: (sorry guys, joke understandable to Poles only)

You're not?

Aww, there goes the only piece of Polish lore I was able to use :smallfrown:

Anyway, I agree: them Fleeing Cowards are mighty suspicious.

Shadowcaller
2009-08-18, 04:33 AM
I'm going to vote for shadow, since I don't think I have voted for him before... Oh wait, I voted for him in graverobbers.

Oddity

rakkoon
2009-08-18, 05:12 AM
Promised myself that I wouldn't vote for Murska on day one in this game and, by Shakespeare, I will keep that promise to such a deserving furry animal. Received the book today but still have to read the last 200 pages of my 4000+ Hamilton series so I'll probably start it when I'm dead in this game. I actually read less when I'm on holiday.
First day... no definite opinions...I feel sorry for Irbis, who hasn't received a single vote yet, sorry you were left out.

Jontom Xire
2009-08-18, 06:24 AM
I vote for Murska 'cos it's day one and I still owe him for quite a large number of betrayals, back-stabbing, and general all round sneakiness.

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-18, 06:42 AM
Actually, Banjowagon is almost as ridiculous as mine.

Just as any other created on day 1, but hey...

Fleeing Coward, to see what Shadow wants to accomplish with it.

Thufir
2009-08-18, 06:45 AM
Fleeing Coward wagon actually has something behind it, which is more than the others do.

banjo1985
2009-08-18, 06:54 AM
Fleeing Coward then. I really don't want to die Day 1, and I don't want to risk losing the seer by voting for Opeth.

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-18, 07:52 AM
Well, this is going to be a nice short game for me.
As a dying man's request, please lynch Shadow when I'm proven innocent by my death.
Shadow and a few others on my bandwagon should know well enough that I do this sort of stuff all the time when I'm a villager so the only explanation that I can think of is that Shadow started counter bandwagon to protect Banjo.
One last edit, don't trust Shadow unless you have 100% proof that he is innocent. If Murska's bad, Shadow's worse and the fact that he is trying to use shoddy logic like that on day 1 makes me think he's a wolf.

Murska
2009-08-18, 08:14 AM
Hmm. I don't have time to count the votes but I think Fleeing Coward is in the lead by quite a lot. We don't really want to lynch Opeth...

Well, I'll point at Banjo since FC is not trying to lynch me in... what was that game. OOTS.

Jontom Xire
2009-08-18, 08:37 AM
Hmm. I'm definitely finding Murska suspicious. I was expecting his post to be along the lines of:

Hey I have this secret hidden role that's essential to villager victory! I'll be able to prove it by day phase of day 3, promise, honest! In the meantime everyone should (delete non-applicable options) PM me their role/not lynch me/lynch <insert name here>!

:smallbiggrin:

Actually I was going to satirise Murska by posting something very similar to one of his recent posts like that, Perhaps the one from Demons. However I figured it would just get me lynched.

Murska
2009-08-18, 08:40 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm the Dude, which is a secret neutral voider role which also banes and has scries and I can prove it by killing Thursday if he PMs me his role. My win condition is to win the game(no, not the one you just lost) and thus we're all allies so don't lynch me. :smallbiggrin:

Jontom Xire
2009-08-18, 08:45 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm the Dude, which is a secret neutral voider role which also banes and has scries and I can prove it by killing Thursday if he PMs me his role. My win condition is to win the game(no, not the one you just lost) and thus we're all allies so don't lynch me. :smallbiggrin:

Ah that's better. Now I feel back on familiar ground at last!

Oh and since Murska is clearly lying, I vote we all lynch him! :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-18, 08:46 AM
Yea, The Bookworm lied about the no scret roles part.
I am actually Friday and if I get lynched or night killed, the game ends.

Murska
2009-08-18, 08:52 AM
Yea, The Bookworm lied about the no scret roles part.
I am actually Friday and if I get lynched or night killed, the game ends.

In my victory. :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-18, 08:56 AM
In my victory. :smallbiggrin:

No my role clearly states that if the game ends in this way, The Dude loses.

The Bookworm
2009-08-18, 08:57 AM
Curses, foiled again! Why do you have to reveal your secret roles?

Murska
2009-08-18, 09:00 AM
No my role clearly states that if the game ends in this way, The Dude loses.

What? But my role states 'If FC dies, you win.'

Narrator, clarification on this please?

The Bookworm
2009-08-18, 09:06 AM
If FC dies, you remain in an indefinite state between win and loss, an intricate web of lies! All I can tell you is that lynching the Alpha Cotton Candy Seller would be beneficial...

Murska
2009-08-18, 09:07 AM
If FC dies, you remain in an indefinite state between win and loss, an intricate web of lies!

So I get to stay in my home? :smallconfused:

Timberwolf
2009-08-18, 09:18 AM
No Murska, you've gone round to Shadow's local pub for drinks with him.

Jontom Xire
2009-08-18, 09:51 AM
If FC dies, you remain in an indefinite state between win and loss, an intricate web of lies! All I can tell you is that lynching the Alpha Cotton Candy Seller would be beneficial...

That's not what my role PM says! My role PM clearly states that everyone who buys candyfloss before the game ends gains an additional victory condition, provided they eat it publically, in thread, before they die!

I'm assuming that "cotton candy" is just some silly name you Yanks give candyfloss (which is what it is really called. Don't believe me? I'm English and what language are we using here? English! So I should know!).

The Bookworm
2009-08-18, 09:53 AM
Your role PM is a lie. You win when you realize that.

Shadow
2009-08-18, 09:54 AM
If Murska's bad, Shadow's worse and the fact that he is trying to use shoddy logic like that on day 1 makes me think he's a wolf.

Awwww.... shucks. :smallredface: Flattery will not save you though. :smallwink:

As for the shoddy logic: Is there any other kind on day 1? At least I have a reason worth standing by!

Murska
2009-08-18, 09:56 AM
Your role PM is a lie. You win when you realize that.

My role PM is a lie. I win. :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-18, 10:10 AM
Awwww.... shucks. :smallredface: Flattery will not save you though. :smallwink:

As for the shoddy logic: Is there any other kind on day 1? At least I have a reason worth standing by!

I'm not trying to save myself, I'm trying to set you up for the lynch tomorrow :smallbiggrin:

Jontom Xire
2009-08-18, 10:11 AM
No, it's MY role PM that's a lie, so I win, not you.

Nyaaa, nyaaa, nyaaa, nyaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

Shadow
2009-08-18, 10:14 AM
I'm not trying to save myself, I'm trying to set you up for the lynch tomorrow :smallbiggrin:

Good luck with that.
You and your buddies probably think I'm Rochester now, so I have a target on my back now almost as big as OF's.

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-18, 10:16 AM
Good luck with that.
You and your buddies probably think I'm Rochester now, so I have a target on my back now almost as big as OF's.

I only know the roles of 3 people in this game - me, myself and I.

Now I'm going to bed :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-08-18, 10:17 AM
No, it's MY role PM that's a lie, so I win, not you.

Nyaaa, nyaaa, nyaaa, nyaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

But my role PM says your role PM is not a lie. Thus, I win or you lose. Either way, I win. :smallbiggrin:

Jontom Xire
2009-08-18, 10:45 AM
What? But my role states 'If FC dies, you win.'

Narrator, clarification on this please?

So the post above about what your role PM says is a lie so we're all going to lynch you. And I still win.

Timberwolf
2009-08-18, 10:48 AM
Shadow mate, I'd be sigging that quote from Fleeing Coward. That's about the highest WW compliment you could ever hope to receive.

Murska
2009-08-18, 10:48 AM
So the post above about what your role PM says is a lie so we're all going to lynch you. And I still win.

Hey, I never said I told you everything in my role PM. It had the following quote:
Oh, and Jontom Xire's role PM is a lie.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-18, 12:39 PM
I'm too lazy to go back and edit my first post.
But this is much different than I expected it to be.

Robert Blackletter
2009-08-18, 01:21 PM
Fleeing Coward

Would say why but last game i was in that's what killed me.

Teron
2009-08-18, 01:24 PM
Fleeing Coward for starting a bandwagon without reason, and because despite the apparently forgone conclusion I don't care to abstain from voting.

Deathslayer7
2009-08-18, 01:46 PM
i have no idea. Shadow. Cause he's in the middle of everything.

Barmacral
2009-08-18, 03:41 PM
Fleeing Coward seems to be the popular consensus here, and I'd rather not risk the seer roleclaim unless a counter claim comes up.

TFT
2009-08-18, 03:48 PM
Hmm... Banjo?

Teron
2009-08-18, 04:18 PM
Fleeing Coward seems to be the popular consensus here, and I'd rather not risk the seer roleclaim unless a counter claim comes up.
It's impossible to counterclaim when there's a seer and a fool around, and they haven't even had the chance to start figuring out which they are or arrange for a proxy. I'm inclined to give Opeth the benefit of the doubt for now, but the lack of a counterclaim doesn't strengthen his position in this case.

banthesun
2009-08-18, 07:15 PM
Bah! If reading books made you evil, I'd be a supervillain by now, Fin.

Aaaaaarrrgh! Thufir, before he kills us all! You don't have any votes yet do you?

Thufir
2009-08-18, 07:23 PM
Aaaaaarrrgh! Thufir, before he kills us all! You don't have any votes yet do you?

I was wondering why this hadn't happened yet. No I don't.

banthesun
2009-08-18, 08:23 PM
I was wondering why this hadn't happened yet. No I don't.

Glad to be of service

Fleeing Coward
2009-08-18, 08:32 PM
Fleeing Coward for starting a bandwagon without reason, and because despite the apparently forgone conclusion I don't care to abstain from voting.

It's day 1 and that was the second bandwagon to start so your point there holds no weight. At least some of the others are admitting they're just voting because they're sheep/wolf in sheep's closing.

i don't mind getting lynched today, just don't forget to lynch Shadow for me tomorrow - his I'll point at Fleeing Coward until I die statement just seems off...

Teron
2009-08-18, 10:18 PM
It's day 1 and that was the second bandwagon to start so your point there holds no weight. At least some of the others are admitting they're just voting because they're sheep/wolf in sheep's closing.
It's very slightly better than nothing. I also want to see how the Opeth Freak situation develops, which means making sure you keep the lead in votes. Sorry.

i don't mind getting lynched today, just don't forget to lynch Shadow for me tomorrow - his I'll point at Fleeing Coward until I die statement just seems off...
I'll take it under advisement. :smallsmile:

Moofin Bard
2009-08-18, 11:20 PM
I might as well just jump on the Fleeing Coward bandwagon before it leaves without me. And just because of his name. Coward! :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Barmacral
2009-08-19, 08:48 AM
It's impossible to counterclaim when there's a seer and a fool around, and they haven't even had the chance to start figuring out which they are or arrange for a proxy. I'm inclined to give Opeth the benefit of the doubt for now, but the lack of a counterclaim doesn't strengthen his position in this case.

Impractical, but not impossible. And I wasn't suggesting that it strengthens his claim, just that without there being one I don't see the point in running the risk of finding out the hard way that he was telling the truth.

Selrahc
2009-08-19, 09:45 AM
Shadow. Fleeing Coward has a point. I don't think what he said was too suspicious, and it is a lot more suspicious to take that remark and use it to start a bandwagon.

Intentionally starting bandwagons on scanty evidence on day 1 isn't very helpful. I mean its not that bad either... especially if Fleeing Coward is a wolf. :smalltongue:

I can't decide though whether I'd be more suspicious of Shadow if FC was a wolf or if he was a villager.

Shadow
2009-08-19, 11:32 AM
Truth be told, I just felt like lynching FC on day one. :smallbiggrin:

The Bookworm
2009-08-19, 09:59 PM
Chapter 1b: Paradise Lynched
“Swindon’s citizens are famously fickle, a fact shown best by the spread of fashion through Swindon. Something fashionable one month is rubbish the next, all because Lady Volescamper or one of her companions decides something new should be fashionable. So it was no surprise that when they lynch people, they love to change their minds and follow the leader.”
-BOWDEN CABLE, Journal of a LiteraTec

It was a bright and sunny day in Swindon. People roamed around the streets. Until, this is, Thursday brought her note outside.
“Acheron has challenged me!” She decreed, “I’m sure he is hidden somewhere around here.” The crowd gathered around her.
“Does anyone know who’s allied with Acheron?”
Silence.
“Anyone?”
Eventually, someone spoke, albeit timidly.
“Ummm... Is it that person? She looks like a trickster...”
“Nonsense! I bet you’re Acheron!” As this ‘trickster’ seemed more confident, everyone decided they’d better kill the first accuser. As they put his head through the noose, he squealed “Wait! I’m ChronoGuard! I’m a Colonel!”
The crowd was confused. Although some of them lingered, wanting to lynch a Baconian, the majority decided that a certain coward was very suspicious. And so they hung him. But, alas, as they observed his body, it seemed he was simply an ordinary Swindon citizen.
Fleeing Coward was lynched, he was a Swindon Citizen (villager). Night 1 begins now and ends in ~24 hours, or when I get all PMs.

banthesun
2009-08-19, 11:13 PM
Shouldn't people be not saying his name? :smallconfused:

Teron
2009-08-20, 12:13 AM
Sweet! The guy I voted for was lynched! That means I'm winning, right?

Please don't kill me over a newbie joke.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-20, 12:31 AM
If you say so.
Personally I'm not sure.

Cyrano
2009-08-20, 12:44 AM
Sweet! The guy I voted for was lynched! That means I'm winning, right?

Please don't kill me over a newbie joke.

You lynched an innocent man? Eeeevil!

The Bookworm
2009-08-20, 10:29 AM
Technically, but remember that's classified SO-5 information. The public doesn't know.

The Bookworm
2009-08-20, 04:29 PM
Chapter 2a: The New Atlantis Falls Like The Old One
“Sniper Rifles: Very effective, but not satisfying. When I kill someone I want to be near enough to them that I can feel their pain radiate into me as they die. Ideally, I want to make them suffer, and feel their blood on my hands, but that can be very impractical. Still, in some circumstances, a sniper rifle can be very useful. (Ex: When the target is very dangerous.)”
-ACHERON HADES, Degeneracy for Pleasure and Profit

Acheron Hades crouched on the roof of a house in Swindon, sniper rifle in hand. It was times like these, waiting for an intended victim to crawl into bed, that you really thought about architecture. For example, how glad you where that the house you where sitting on was modernist, designed by Le Corbusier, and had a flat roof, as opposed to some Victorian manor with a nasty pointy roof. Acheron watched for a while. He didn’t get bored; he had enough ‘pleasant’ memories to keep himself occupied. Eventually, his target came into the room and stepped into bed. Acheron shot. He never missed. Another citizen of Swindon was dead.
In another house, Thursday slept, her rifle by her bedside. She wasn’t out to shoot anyone tonight. And when she woke up, her newspaper said...
Jontom Xire was shot by Acheron and his Associates, he was a Swindon Citizen. Day 2 Begins now and ends in ~48 hours.

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-21, 01:20 AM
I'm going to be away from Friday morning to Sunday Evening GMT+1. Please don't autolynch me.

In terms of my seerness/foolishness, it should be determined already, when I'll be back.

Fin
2009-08-21, 03:23 AM
Just filing an away from the 22nd to the 30th of August, please don't auto-lynch me :smallsmile:

Also Teron for attempting to look like an innocent fool!

banjo1985
2009-08-21, 03:23 AM
The Baconian Pamphletear cowers in the corner of an alleyway. What he saw last night was not pretty, and he's scared Hades will come back for him.

"If only Bacon were here...or at least a bacon sandwich..."

He eyes up Fiery Tower suspiciously before running off into the shadows, leaving a trail of informative leaflets as he goes.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-08-21, 08:53 AM
I'm going to be away from Sunday to Tuesday morning GMT-7. Please don't autolynch.:smallsmile:

Edit: toasty, because zombies are evil.:smalltongue:

banthesun
2009-08-21, 08:56 AM
I'm gonna random Selrahc, just because this day has had more away notices than votes. Can someone find me a bandwagon to ride?

Trixie
2009-08-21, 09:19 AM
You failed. Yes, I'm talking about that.

But - before you act rashly, look at the list of roles. Yes, contacting me might be worth your while. Yes, I'm aware you might not be able to trust me. If you can't, simply repeat that and you'll see why.

Deathslayer7
2009-08-21, 11:42 AM
Shadow that is all.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-21, 02:37 PM
Since FC was town...I shall honor his final wishes and lynch Shadow.

Shadowcaller
2009-08-21, 02:39 PM
Since FC was town...I shall honor his final wishes and lynch Shadow.

That sounds... wolfy for some reason.

Moonfin Bard

Moofin Bard
2009-08-21, 02:46 PM

Well I might sound wolfy to you but I too found that comment a little weird.

Shadow
2009-08-21, 02:52 PM
Lynch me if you want to.
I thought FC's "joke" about his placement in the voting was strange, and I acted on that thought. Apparently a bunch of you agreed with me or he wouldn't have been lynched.
Day one consists of speculation. We're all flying blindly. I found something that gave me a reason for a first day point instead of a blind vote. And I'll repeat: a bunch of you agreed with me.

So lynch me. Lynch me for having a reason when there usually isn't one. That makes sense. :smallconfused:

Moofin Bard
2009-08-21, 02:55 PM
I might just have to blame this on my noobyness to this type of Assassin/Werewolf/Mafia game.

I'm going to read back on some things...

Trixie
2009-08-21, 03:02 PM
So lynch me. Lynch me for having a reason when there usually isn't one. That makes sense. :smallconfused:

Yes, you had a reason, but frankly, a wolf who saw that comment and knew FC was innocent would jump at this almost as quickly, especially someone as experienced as you.

And most of this support was due to the OF claiming Seer, so I find that defense a bit too... quick, and suspicious.

Might be just your playing style, though. I'll ponder on this before doing anything.

Shadow
2009-08-21, 03:24 PM
Yes, you had a reason, but frankly, a wolf who saw that comment and knew FC was innocent would jump at this almost as quickly, especially someone as experienced as you.Wrong. Jumping on that almost certainly brings this exact situation if you're wrong. And if I were a bad guy, that would mean that FC wasn't, so I would have brought this on myself knowingly.
That's a rookie mistake.
But choosing not to act on nit is almost as bad, because if I hadn't acted, but turned out to be right later in the game, I'd have been kicking myself (if I were even stil alive).
Might be just your playing style, though.And what playing style is that?
I don't have the time to try anything dirty or underhanded. I don't have the time to analyze anything, for that matter. I work too much.
The days of my reputation are a thing of the past.
When was the last time I did anything "of note" in any of these games?

I simply don't have the time that it takes to devote to these games anymore. I haven't for quite some time. More than a year, I'd guess.

Trixie
2009-08-21, 03:33 PM
But choosing not to act on nit is almost as bad, because if I hadn't acted, but turned out to be right later in the game, I'd have been kicking myself (if I were even stil alive).

Well, with me it's more a matter of kicking myself over good info no one listened to, though... :smalltongue:

I simply don't have the time that it takes to devote to these games anymore. I haven't for quite some time. More than a year, I'd guess.

Sigh. The long past joys of being a sixteen year old with too much time on his hands. Yeah, I had to skip a few promising games, too, technically working, and all, technically being the operative word.

TFT
2009-08-21, 03:58 PM
Lets try Moofin Bard.

Shadow
2009-08-21, 05:13 PM
Sigh. The long past joys of being a sixteen year old with too much time on his hands.

:amused:
Sixteen. Heh. We'll go with that. :smallbiggrin:

Irbis
2009-08-21, 05:14 PM
Um... Are you two sure her nick is spelt that way? :smallconfused:

Heroic
2009-08-21, 05:48 PM
Moonfire Bard? I think the name is Moofin Bard :smalltongue:

MOD
2009-08-21, 05:58 PM
No, no I'm pretty sure its pronounced Shadow.

Aemoh
2009-08-21, 07:50 PM
Despite no real evidence either way, given the choice of Shadow or Moofin Bard, well, I'm gonna have to go with Moofin Bard.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-21, 10:00 PM
If I back off of Shadow, you'll all be convinced I'm a wolf.

By staying on Shadow, half of you are suspicious and the other half will jump on the BW.

I'm just gonna keep my vote.
I'm pretty sure it really doesn't matter if I die anyway.

Timberwolf
2009-08-21, 10:21 PM
Moofin Bard

Shadow's right, actually having a reason to lynch someone on day one, however incorrect it turned out to be, doesn't necessarily make him a wolf.

There's about as much evidence against Moofin Bard as there is against anyone on day 2, aside from a willingness to get stuck in to the lynching with a certain amount of relish.

It's not much either but it's better than what's been suggested against Shadow IMO.

toasty
2009-08-21, 10:54 PM
Shadow

No real reason actually.

rakkoon
2009-08-22, 12:21 AM
Okay, finally started in the book. Starts promising, still not sure where it is going, will it be the next series I will follow with dogged termination or will it be a Artemis Fowl affair. It has potential at the least.
Timberwolf because I still have no clue, need to start talking to people I guess

Helgraf
2009-08-22, 01:58 AM
Teron.

I'm not sure I like either of the two wagons running currently.

Teron
2009-08-22, 03:29 AM
Might I ask why? All I've done so far is vote for Fleeing Coward along with, what, half the players? And actually explain my reasoning. It probably would have been smarter to keep quiet regardless of my role, but abstaining from voting seems a little unsporting to me, and in any can I didn't join my first WW game just to see how long I could go before someone remembers I'm playing.

You know what? At first I was just asking in the expectation that you'd admit this was a random point or give a weak excuse, so others wouldn't think you're on to something, but it occurs to me that a random point needn't be purposeless. I think you might be trying to protect someone. If today's lynching reveals Shadow or Moofin Bard to be a wolf, I'm kicking off the next day with a vote for you.

I didn't start writing this post with the intention to point at anyone just yet, but now I think I'm onto something about as solid as it gets this early (which, admittedly, isn't saying much, but I'll take what I can get). I'll point at Moofin Bard to see if something comes of it. I meant it when I told FC I'd consider voting for Shadow today if FC turned out to be innocent, but on reflexion his comment about hounding FC didn't seem so much wolfish as personally motivated and just plain ill-advised, regardless of his side. I certainly can't hold his vote alone against him when I made the same choice and maintain it was a reasonable one. That said, I can also see why some suspect Shadow and wouldn't think they're wolves just for pointing at him, but I've got to pick one of the current bandwagons to test my spur of the moment hypothesis.

For the record: Fin's vote didn't perturb me because its frivolity seemed fairly obvious as a response to my preceding post. Helgraf's feels a little more threatening and deliberate, and while I don't want to jump to any conclusions, I hope people will remember it if and when one of the people he tried to protect today turns out to be a wolf (or a neutral, for that matter, since they're effectively hostile to both sides in this game).

Shadow
2009-08-22, 03:39 AM
Whoa there Tex! Gettin' a little jumpy!
We'll forgive you, as newer players are ALWAYS a bit jumpy.... :smallbiggrin:
I wouldn't have worried about two itty bitty votes myself, except that FC set me up for those votes (and quite a few more if I didn't nip it in the bud quickly).

(or a neutral, for that matter, since they're effectively hostile to both sides in this game).
IMHO neutral roles are, and always were, simply wolf roles that don't need to be killed in order to win. I think this because given the chance to ally with the bad guys, they usually (but not always) do so.

banjo1985
2009-08-22, 03:51 AM
I'm not absolutely convinced by either wagon, mainly because FC quite often sets up his own lynch, and Moofin Bard is a fairly new player who I'd like to see get a few days to get a feel for the game at least. Teron's huge defence post raises suspicions, because with two votes he was at no risk of being lynched. However, first game (on here at least, I get the impression he's played a fair few WWs elsewhere) jitters would be understandable, so again I'm willing to let it slide for today. All in all, I'm sticking with Fiery Tower. :smalltongue:

Robert Blackletter
2009-08-22, 04:30 AM
Shadow He just seem the more likely one but that may be lack of experience talking.

Teron
2009-08-22, 04:31 AM
I've actually never played a game of werewolf in my life; I just read through a few games here before signing up for one. Overanalysis is my natural mode of thought, but I'm not particularly skilled at it yet in the context of this game. It's flattering that you think I have some experience, though.

As for being jumpy, like I think I said in there somewhere, my post pretty much started out as a simple, curious "why?", but then I thought of a possible reason and ran with it, probably a little too vehemently. I get a little verbose when I'm tired...

As for the neutrals, I imagine they'll try to ally themselves with whichever side first loses the member(s) the neutrals want dead, since once that's happened one way or another they have no further reason to oppose each other.

Trixie
2009-08-22, 05:34 AM
Hmmm.

I'm not convinced by Shadow, but still, I'm willing to give him one chance this time.

Moofin Bard, on the other hand...

Irbis
2009-08-22, 05:51 AM
Sorry, I don't believe you, Shadow.

In the games I've read, people fear you, and they usually have a reason. As you grow more experienced, you grow more dangerous, not less, as you said. Trying to belittle yourself is... weird, to say the least.

toasty
2009-08-22, 10:01 AM
He, I'm gonna be on-and-off until the 20th of September. I'll try to get my votes in as often as possible but I can't promise anything. Don't autolynch me please.

Shadow
2009-08-22, 10:48 AM
Sorry, I don't believe you, Shadow.

In the games I've read, people fear you, and they usually have a reason. As you grow more experienced, you grow more dangerous, not less, as you said. Trying to belittle yourself is... weird, to say the least.

I'll repeat:

I don't have the time to try anything dirty or underhanded. I don't have the time to analyze anything, for that matter. I work too much.
The days of my reputation are a thing of the past.
When was the last time I did anything "of note" in any of these games?

And I'll repeat:

Lynch me if you want to.
I thought FC's "joke" about his placement in the voting was strange, and I acted on that thought. Apparently a bunch of you agreed with me or he wouldn't have been lynched.
Day one consists of speculation. We're all flying blindly. I found something that gave me a reason for a first day point instead of a blind vote. And I'll repeat: a bunch of you agreed with me.

So lynch me. Lynch me for having a reason when there usually isn't one. That makes sense. :smallconfused:And the important part of that was:

Lynch me if you want to.
And now I'm headed into work for 28-32 of the next 38 hours (17 or 18 today, the remaining tomorrow), after 3 hours of sleep because I've been up coughing all night from being sick for the last 3 days.
So one more time:

Lynch me if you want to.I'll bring my laptop to work. I should have a chance to check in this afternoon at least.

Murska
2009-08-22, 11:18 AM
Okay, sure. Shadow.

Selrahc
2009-08-22, 12:58 PM
Uh.. yeah. Shadow.

rakkoon
2009-08-22, 01:01 PM
I finally got to the part in the book where this makes sense.

For the people who haven't read the books, here's a pop-quiz : Wednesday Next was born on a Wednesday. On what day was her mother (Thursday Next) born and what was the surname of her brother who was born on a Monday ?

Bookworm, did you get your name from these books or is it just a bonus?

Don't autolynch me please.
No problem, toasty

The Bookworm
2009-08-22, 01:03 PM
For the people who haven't read the books, here's a pop-quiz : Wednesday Next was born on a Wednesday. On what day was her mother (Thursday Next) born and what was the surname of her brother who was born on a Monday ?
You're wrong here, actually. Wednesday is Thursday's mother, not vice versa.
And my name is just a bonus.
Edit: Cross out your previous point when you change, please.

rakkoon
2009-08-22, 01:19 PM
Ik keep thinking the main character is Wednesday, don't know why.

Cross out your previous point when you change, please.

Aha, but I didn't...apparently I did...then I didn't vote in Titans...apparently I did that too..who is changing history??

The Bookworm
2009-08-22, 05:43 PM
Chapter 2b: In Which A Rather Shady Person Is Lynched
“I am your shadow, my lord; I’ll follow you.
Spy: My shadow.
His own shadow for a traitor!
Hence, horrible shadow! Unreal mockery, hence!
A mangled shadow...”
-WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE or whoever wrote the plays...

It was another day in Swindon, and the citizens gathered together again. They decided to kill a man standing in the shadows. After all, shadows are suspicious. Right? Also, this man had done some devious stuff in other towns, and they wanted to make sure he didn’t pull one over them. At the end of the day, all that was left in the town square was a mangled shadow.

Shadow was lynched, he was a Swindon Citizen (villager). Day 2 begins now, and ends in ~24 hours, or when I get all the PMs in.
Did Not Vote Today: Barmacral, D’anna Biers, Oddity, Thufir
In Danger of Autolynch (Did Not Vote For Two Days): Alarra
Away (Currently): Opeth Freak, Fin, Toasty

Alarra
2009-08-22, 09:57 PM

Really? I would have sworn I'd voted. I sowwy. :smallfrown:

Timberwolf
2009-08-22, 10:41 PM

And now, blast it, I have a mental image of a disturbingly cute kitten.

I'm never going to get to sleep with a kitten in my head.

Nooooo, it's batting a ball of wool around, make it stop, make it stop !!!

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-08-23, 08:46 AM
Away (Currently): Opeth Freak, Fin, Toasty

I'm in there as well! :smalltongue:

The Bookworm
2009-08-23, 09:07 AM
It's fine, just vote tomorrow. I accept your cute kitten apology.

I'm in there as well! :smalltongue:
I know, you just hadn't left yet.

Also: Night will either end early if I get the remaining night actions in by ~3:00 PM EST, or will be extended until sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Edit: Got the actions, day will be up shortly.

The Bookworm
2009-08-23, 10:47 AM
Chapter 3a: The Goliath Corporation
“The Goliath Corporation is dedicated to helping the world. The Goliath Corporation has everything you need from cradle to coffin. The Goliath Corporation might donate 10% of its profits to save the penguins. Try penguin puffs, the Goliath Corporation’s latest invention! The Goliath Corporation has everything you could ever want. The Goliath Corporation is dedicated to helping the world.”
-Goliath Corporation Flyers

Goliathopolis on the Isle of Man is a huge metropolis, the main Goliath building at the center, rising up and up into the clouds, higher than the eye can see. Felix7 sat mutely in a taxi, two minutes from the entrance to the building. The driver had attempted to make conversation, but had swiftly stopped after several failed attempts. When at last the driver parked the taxi in front of Goliath HQ, Felix7 shot him twice in the head, shoved the body under the seat, and then left the car, carefully closing the door behind him. He calmly entered Goliath Headquarters.
“Hello, and welcome to Goliath Headquarters,” said the receptionist, “Do you have a meeting scheduled?” Felix7 nodded.
“With whom?”
“Mr Schitt.”
“Oh. Go up to floor twenty-two.”
Felix7 got into the elevator, which moved upwards at a swift rate. After a minute, Felix7 was deposited in Jack Schitt’s office.
“Hello,” Said Schitt, a goliath goon at each side, “I’ve been expecting you. Did you bring the Prose Portal?” Felix7 leaned closer.
“Acheron says that he doesn’t work for stinking corporate executives,” said Felix, who then shot the thug on the left three times, before walking out the window. He quickly scaled the building, jumped into the taxi, and drove away. Back to Swindon.

Trixie was killed by Acheron and Associates, s/he was a Goliath Thug. Day 3 begins now and ends in ~48 hours.
Did Not Vote Yesterday: Barmacral, D’anna Biers, Oddity, Thufir
Away (Currently): Shadowhisper, Fin, Toasty

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-23, 10:59 AM
Trixie told me via PM, that I don't want to lynch Banjo on day 1. I decided, that scrying him will be a good way to tell if I'm a seer or fool, because he probably isn't Swindon citizen...

Result? Goliath Thug.

Trixie was a Goliath Thug as well, so the story make sense.

Removing both thugs will be beneficial for town, so I'm voting Banjo1985

If Banjo will be a GT, can I have Baner protection then? Some mason to contact would be nice as well :smallamused:

Murska
2009-08-23, 11:38 AM
Eh, no point in picking off neutrals, as I always say.

Now that they know we know who they are, they can't join the wolves or we'll just kill 'em, so let's have the wolves waste their kills on the neutrals instead of wasting our lynched on 'em.

Deathslayer7
2009-08-23, 12:23 PM
but now that OP claimed that Banjo was a thug, why would they even bother killing him. True it helps them, sort of, but then it would only prove that OP claim for seer was right. No wolf would do that unless they had too.

Murska

banjo1985
2009-08-23, 12:34 PM
Ho hum, here we go. Am I a Goliath Thug? Or am I someone that was in contact with Trixie, someone with a role maybe? Or was I a villager with nothing to lose, sending out feelers to potential allies? Decide for yourselves. It's actually very obvious. :smallbiggrin:

One thing I do know: Irbis claimed seer to Trixie, which is certainly not true. Possible Devil right there.

Murska
2009-08-23, 12:35 PM
but now that OP claimed that Banjo was a thug, why would they even bother killing him. True it helps them, sort of, but then it would only prove that OP claim for seer was right. No wolf would do that unless they had too.

Murska

Thus, nobody kills Banjo and everyone is happy! :smallsmile:

TFT
2009-08-23, 12:58 PM
Neutal man may or may not have a point. Lets see where Irbis takes us.

Irbis
2009-08-23, 02:11 PM
Ho hum, here we go. Am I a Goliath Thug? Or am I someone that was in contact with Trixie, someone with a role maybe? Or was I a villager with nothing to lose, sending out feelers to potential allies? Decide for yourselves. It's actually very obvious. :smallbiggrin:

Yes, it is obvious that you're lying like red there, buddy :smallamused:

One thing I do know: Irbis claimed seer to Trixie, which is certainly not true. Possible Devil right there.

Um, please. You, a possible neutral or evil role, trying to shift blame into someone - by that you're confirming that I'm most likely innocent, that is, good.

Let's see - Trixie asked yesterday about failure. The only thing that might refer to was scry, as the game doesn't have a void and there is scry interference. Trixie politely asked wolves to scry him again, and to contact him, and not to kill him. Team Evil was stupid enough, though and killed him instead. It gives us two things: Neutrals wanted to cooperate with team evil. As such, they are a liability. Second: if I were in contact with Trixie, he would know this already, and there would be no need for such an announcement. Therefore, I simply couldn't be a wolf.

Third - Opeth, a self-proclaimed seer, is blaming Banjo. Two possibilities: OF is a seer. Then why he needed two days to "scry" Banjo and to blame him? What he did on the first nigh? Maybe he scried Trixie without informing him? I doubt that, but I'll wait for explanation. Second: he is devil. He killed Trixie, and is now trying to kill Banjo, to disable neutrals.

In both cases, I cannot be Devil.

Therefore, we have two targets today: Banjo, from the neutral group that either cooperated or tried to cooperate with team evil, or Opeth, who might be devil trying to remove neutrals. If so, checking Banjo will give us nothing. Why would Devil take such risks? Well, he was a target of sizable bandwagon on day one, "claimed", and is now trying to cement that before anyone asks why wolves are not killing self-proclaimed seer.

Still, OF might be innocent, but his story has holes. Seer actively contacting neutrals who had a change of heart after second day and is now getting rid of them? :smallconfused:

Banjo, by his own admission, isn't innocent, so he will get my vote.

Murska
2009-08-23, 02:33 PM
*sigh*

I don't like lynching neutrals for no reason. In this situation...

The neutrals CANNOT work with the wolves anymore. If we find the slightest hint of such activity, or if we don't but get bored of them not helping the villager team the best they can, we lynch Banjo and they're completely powerless.

Thus, their only chance is to help villagers with their abilities the best they can and pray. The wolves know this, and want to kill them. For us, if they waste their kills on neutrals, what do we care?

Deathslayer7
2009-08-23, 02:36 PM
you would know this from you expertise in SSMB wouldnt you? :smallamused:

banjo1985
2009-08-23, 02:39 PM
Let's take this bit by bit shall we?

Yes, it is obvious that you're lying like red there, buddy :smallamused:

I essentially say I could be any of three different kinds of role, only ommiting the wolves. Opeth's scry is correct, or else his above statement is a bleedin good guess.

Um, please. You, a possible neutral or evil role, trying to shift blame into someone - by that you're confirming that I'm most likely innocent, that is, good.

Nuh-uh. Trixie was in contact with both you and Opeth, and asked you to scry him to gain your trust. When Opeth scried me instead, boom, you found out Trixie was Goliath. I'm shifting the balme for Trixie's death onto you, I've done nothing to be blamed over.

Let's see - Trixie asked yesterday about failure. The only thing that might refer to was scry, as the game doesn't have a void and there is scry interference. Trixie politely asked wolves to scry him again, and to contact him, and not to kill him. Team Evil was stupid enough, though and killed him instead. It gives us two things: Neutrals wanted to cooperate with team evil. As such, they are a liability. Second: if I were in contact with Trixie, he would know this already, and there would be no need for such an announcement. Therefore, I simply couldn't be a wolf.

You claimed seer to Trixie, this is 100% true. You are not, unless Opeth is the Devil, and I doubt that very much. It's a bit of a jump to associate Trixie's comment with a call out to the wolves, I think you're pushing believability a bit there. You've lied about your role to Trixie, either knowingly or not. So you are either Fool or Devil, and with Trixie now dead I think my suspicions fall squarely on you.

Third - Opeth, a self-proclaimed seer, is blaming Banjo. Two possibilities: OF is a seer. Then why he needed two days to "scry" Banjo and to blame him? What he did on the first nigh? Maybe he scried Trixie without informing him? I doubt that, but I'll wait for explanation. Second: he is devil. He killed Trixie, and is now trying to kill Banjo, to disable neutrals.

In both cases, I cannot be Devil.

Therefore, we have two targets today: Banjo, from the neutral group that either cooperated or tried to cooperate with team evil, or Opeth, who might be devil trying to remove neutrals. If so, checking Banjo will give us nothing. Why would Devil take such risks? Well, he was a target of sizable bandwagon on day one, "claimed", and is now trying to cement that before anyone asks why wolves are not killing self-proclaimed seer.

Trixie asked to be scried first night by Opeth, some trust gaining going on there. I believe the hope the both of you would scry him, allowing an extra day to gain your trust. I'm fairly sure Opeth is the Seer, and that Trixie contacted him, not the other way around. You, on the other hand, contacted Trixie off your own back. That makes you more suspicious to me. Plus, the wolves wouldn't go for Opeth after he claimed seer, Opeth was the obvious bane target for that night, and all others at the moment.

Still, OF might be innocent, but his story has holes. Seer actively contacting neutrals who had a change of heart after second day and is now getting rid of them? :smallconfused:

Banjo, by his own admission, isn't innocent, so he will get my vote.

As I said above, Trixie initiated contact., not the other way round. So what do we have? Goliath contacting a probable seer, on team good. Then we have another seer claim that comes forward to Trixie on their own, Irbis. That makes you a probable Devil. I'm definitely not an innocent, but I am useful. Imagine the wolves leading a lynch on Jack Schitt, onlty for the surviving thug to step up and take out Hades. The irony would be delicious. :smallbiggrin:

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-23, 02:51 PM
First of all, Trixie contacted me after my claim on day 1, and he didn't tell me his role. I knew, he was in contact with another seer/fool, as we used my and this third person's role PM to confirm everything. If Trixie was telling the truth, he was also in contact with a mason, but I cannot confirm that.

On night 1 I told him the name of person scried (not gonna reveal it yet), so he can tell the other seer/fool, so we won't interfere with each other. I turns out, that Devil and the other seer/fool scried Trixie. My scry was crystal clear.

But the target and result were too bland for me to convince myself about my role, so I decided to scry Banjo on night 2, as Trixie implied, that he's not a simple villager.

The rest is explained post above.

I'm going to strike my vote for Banjo now. Murska has a point about not lynching neutrals THIS TIME.

I do believe however, that Irbis is the other seer/fool, because otherwise, how Trixie would know the role PM for seer/fool word by word? :smallconfused:

Barmacral
2009-08-23, 02:57 PM
Sorry, I'm here, I just spent the last couple of days moving.

Murska
2009-08-23, 03:08 PM
Eh. Moofin Bard, because of the late jump on the FC bandwagon. I do realize this doesn't actually mean anything more likely than not, but... eh.

Shadowcaller
2009-08-23, 03:09 PM
I will also go for Moonfin Bard... again.

Alarra
2009-08-23, 04:00 PM
I'll go with Irbis for now.

Irbis
2009-08-23, 07:23 PM
Well... Okay, as Murska does have a point I'm going to see just how right he is.

Moofin Bard.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-08-23, 07:29 PM
Change of plans, I'm still here.

Moofin Bard.

MOD
2009-08-23, 08:16 PM
I think Irbis is a good choice.

Alarra
2009-08-23, 09:21 PM
Timberwolf...I have no reason, just not liking any of the current candidates.

Timberwolf
2009-08-23, 09:42 PM
This is because of the kittens, isn't it.

You're just jealous that I have visions of kittens

Moofin Bard.

Aemoh
2009-08-23, 10:37 PM
*points at Shadowcaller*

No reason, just don't feel like joining either wagon.

Moofin Bard
2009-08-23, 10:52 PM
I also don't feel like joining any of the wagons.

Even though I myself am in danger of being lynched, I don't think there's enough cause to lynch Irbis either.

So einee meenie mynie...

Murska. I really did play eenie meenie mynie mo until I picked Murska.

rakkoon
2009-08-24, 12:29 AM
These are all fascinating remarks and I see a lot of intrigue growing. Wish I had a clue who to vote for though. Moofin Bard bandwagon, why not?

Finished the book, was pretty good. Ordered the whole series and his other series as well (have a birthday coming up). Now I can start reading the narrations I was avoiding earlier

Helgraf
2009-08-24, 01:00 AM
Clearly something is going on here. But I'm not fond of either of the choices.

Moofin feels like a push wagon.

So I'm going to go with Timberwolf because I want the kittens to talk to me instead.

Robert Blackletter
2009-08-24, 02:08 AM
Cats are evil, kitten even more so... therefore Timberwolf must be evil to listen to them

sorry he is merely a madman with visions of evil Helgraf wants to talk to them, that means he is truly evil.

Not happy with any of the band wagons so choose a semi- random with no votes

Oddity
2009-08-24, 03:13 AM
So uh, did Irbis confirm being a fool?

Seems like Moofin Bard is as good as any.

banjo1985
2009-08-24, 04:47 AM
It appears Irbis may in fact be the fool, two identical rol ePM's being guessed is rather unlikely I suppose.

Moofin Bard, though I'm sure she's just a citizen too.

Thufir
2009-08-24, 07:00 AM
gothicbob for editing in a point change.

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-24, 07:21 AM
Blargh...

Moofin Bard, because I have to vote for someone.

Robert Blackletter
2009-08-24, 09:28 AM
gothicbob for editing in a point change.

Well when I edited in the point change no else had posted, so I was avoiding a double post. Also was edited in within 5 minutes of the first point,
I do edit a lot though as dylexsic so make minor changes to spelling and grammar

Irbis
2009-08-24, 03:09 PM
Well when I edited in the point change no else had posted, so I was avoiding a double post. Also was edited in within 5 minutes of the first point,
I do edit a lot though as dylexsic so make minor changes to spelling and grammar

Why not get a browser with spell-checking then? :smallconfused:

Like FireFox?

Moofin Bard
2009-08-24, 08:53 PM
Mozilla Firefox is the best.
I never misspell anything now.
Except on purpose.

Btw I'm not liking the random bandwagon on me.
But whatever.

Robert Blackletter
2009-08-24, 10:36 PM
Why not get a browser with spell-checking then? :smallconfused:

Like FireFox?

I do on my pc but not on my goggle phone where is isn't one yet, also a spellcheck no use with the tense or grammar or missed word/ letters etc

Deathslayer7
2009-08-24, 10:56 PM
moofin bard

The Bookworm
2009-08-25, 11:09 AM
Teron sends me a vote at Moofin Bard by PM, also files an away notice. Day ends later this afternoon EST.

Selrahc
2009-08-25, 11:28 AM
Moofin Bard.

Cyrano
2009-08-25, 04:00 PM
Moofin Bard appears a solid point.

The Bookworm
2009-08-25, 08:40 PM
Chapter 3b: Village of Subtlety!
“Today the townspeople decided not to lynch anyone. I wonder what’s up with them. They’re usually so bloodthirsty. Everyone tagged along to the interrogation anyway. I think they went in case someone gets killed. I stayed back to catch up on some paperwork. I’m sure they’ll come back soon.”
-Bowden Cable, Private Diaries

Today the people decided to take a non-violent approach. They isolated a person, Moofin Bard, and dragged her to the SpecOps Interrogation Chamber. They appointed someone to interrogate her.
“Wh’o’ d’o you’ wo’r’k for’?’”
“Hades,” she said nervously, “A. Hades.”
“REALLY?”
“Yes! I’m a doctor. The name’s Muller.”
“A!ah. Th^e tar$tar$e doc(tor)!”
“I don’t like to talk about that.”
“Fine? So then? where is the Man?s hideout?”
“It’s in the-“ she said, before she began to disintegrate. “What did Acheron do?” She muttered quietly, before emitting a deep scream of pain. She reached out and touched her interrogator, who began to disintegrate. The crowd hastily left the room. When they returned, an hour later, it was empty.
In the Goliath Boardroom...
“John Henry, sir, do you see this light?”
“Yes, Jack. What does it mean?”
“It means that Mycroft, the inventor, you know who I mean, is dead. It will be simple to go to his home and take the Prose Portal.”
“Good. Send your remaining goon to take it. You will be commended for this.”

Moofin Bard was lynched, she was Doctor Muller, the Beast.
She took down (randomly) Shadowhisper, who was Mycroft Next, one of the Masons as well as one of Goliath’s targets. Night 3 begins now and ends in ~24 hours, or when I get all actions in.
Did Not Vote Yesterday: Banthesun, Heroic
In Danger of Autolynch (Did Not Vote For Two Days): Barmacral
Away (Currently): Fin, Toasty, Teron

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-25, 11:06 PM
So... The random bandwagon actually hit the wolf? :smallconfused:

Awesome :smallbiggrin:

Robert Blackletter
2009-08-26, 05:26 AM
I'm away til sat/sun as getting married on Fri. Please don't kill me.

banjo1985
2009-08-26, 06:52 AM
So we kill off Dr Muller and Mycroft? Just about perfect in my mind then. :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and I finished the Eyre Affair yesterday, one of the best books I've read in ages. The only problem is after reading it I dislike Goliath and now want Hades to win. :smalltongue:

rakkoon
2009-08-26, 09:53 AM
Yeah, nice going Bookworm, now more people are infected with the Next Virus

I'm away til sat/sun as getting married on Fri. Please don't kill me.
Yeah, me too...no seriously, congrats man!

So any new random bandwagons that seem solid?

Timberwolf
2009-08-26, 10:30 AM
Congrats Gothicbob.

Bizarrely, I'm away too, but I'm going to a festival Friday to Monday, not getting married. Please don't kill me either.

Alarra
2009-08-26, 10:50 AM
Oooh, congrats, Gothicbob!

Robert Blackletter
2009-08-26, 11:52 AM
Thanks everyone, if any of you in Plymouth England on sat, pop into red in the eveining where me the new mrs gothicbob and a bunch of mate will be@having an afterparty drink. (Cos I'm just that classy)

The Bookworm
2009-08-26, 11:54 AM
Congratulations Gothicbob, good luck! Your absence is recorded, as is Timberwolf's! Also, first post updated.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-08-26, 02:25 PM
Oh, snap! Just looked at this again. Well, I'm dead. Go Next Family!
And congrats, Gothicbob!

The Bookworm
2009-08-26, 08:54 PM
Night extended until tomorrow morning due to exhausted narrator.
Also, D'anna Biers is now Cyrano.

The Bookworm
2009-08-27, 02:38 PM
Chapter 4a: Godel, Escher, Death
“Night-Kills: When people are killed during the night, typically by the wolves, who in a standard game receive a night-kill (NK) each night. However, others sometimes get NKs (night-kills) when the occasion calls. For example, some items (I) give players a one-shot kill (1sNKI). Also, some roles on team good or neutral may have night-kills (Snipes or S) with, say, a three night cooldown (C3S). So, in our example game, each night has 1NK, there are no 1sKNI or in fact any I, and one mason has a C3S. Understand?”
-Werewolf for Dummies

It is quiet in the office of the Swindon LiteraTecs. At a desk, a man sits, studiously working. He hears the click of the door opening, and looks up from his desk.
“Hello? Who is it?” He says. Silence is the response. He sighs, and turns back to the page in front of him. After a minute, he stands up.
“I know someone is there!” She says, “I heard you! Come on out of the darkness.” Silence. Then, a figure appears from behind him.
“Hello.” It says, “We’re going to play a little game.”
“Who are you?”
“You can call me ... Hamlet. Stand behind that curtain, man.”
“Why?”
“STAND BEHIND THE CURTAIN!”
“... Alright.” He walked behind the curtain silently.
“Good. Curtain. Act III, Scene IV! A rat! Dead for a ducat, dead!” As he says this, he stabs the curtain violently. The man behind it falls. Hamlet/Hobbes walks behind the curtain, and places a piece of paper on the body. In the morning, the LiteraTecs come into their office to find the body of Victor Analogy. Covering his mouth is a piece of paper that reads “Oh, I am slain.”
In the Goliath Headquarters, Jack Schitt holds the Prose Portal covetously, accompanied by his remaining thug.
“I’ve waited so long to get this. So long.”
“Right, sir.”
“At last...”
“At last, sir...”
“Shut up, will you? Go stand over by the wall.”
“Yes, sir!”
“I’m going to test it.” He pulls a thin book from his pocket, and is so absorbed that he hardly notices the person creeping up behind. Until she grabs the book, replaces it, hits a switch labeled “FAST MODE” and then runs to the wall, pushing Jack on the way.
“Enjoy your life in an infinite loop, Schitt!” After he’s sucked in, she grabs the book and leaves.
If you look at the illustrations in Thursday’s copy of Godel, Escher, Bach, you’d see a strange thing. On the illustration of an impossible staircase, you’ll see a man with a Goliath shirt going around and around and around.

Helgraf was night killed by the wolves, he was Victor Analogy.
MOD was sniped by Thursday, he was Jack Schitt.
Day 4 begins now and ends in ~48 hours.
Did Not Vote Yesterday: Banthesun, Heroic
In Danger of Autolynch (Did Not Vote For Two Days): Barmacral
Away (Currently): Toasty, Teron, Gothicbob, Timberwolf, Fin

rakkoon
2009-08-27, 02:50 PM
Goodness gracious, people with names tend to die a lot in this game. Please refer to me as 'that guy' ...

Barmacral
2009-08-27, 03:24 PM
Bookwork, I'd like to be removed from this game please. I thought I was going to have more time once school was out, but since then I've determined that I actually have less. Sorry.

The Bookworm
2009-08-27, 03:29 PM
Bookwork, I'd like to be removed from this game please. I thought I was going to have more time once school was out, but since then I've determined that I actually have less. Sorry.
Very well. You will be auto'd at the end of this day phase.

Helgraf
2009-08-27, 03:47 PM
Damnit damnit damnit!

Teron
2009-08-27, 11:20 PM
Well, I'm back to a reliable computer just in time to see my "Helgraf was protecting Moofin Bard" theory go up in smoke. New theory: MOD is a wolf who tried to protect Moofin Bard twice by pushing alternate bandwagons.

And congratulations, gothicbob!

MOD
2009-08-27, 11:41 PM
I hate to break it too ya but I got sniped last night and was Jack Schitt. I no longer get to play this game...:smallfrown:

Teron
2009-08-27, 11:58 PM
Oops. I paid more attention to the newly deceased's roles than their names, and evidently should have double checked that after I spent a while looking at old votes. :smallredface:

Ah well, I'm open to suggestions then.

Alarra
2009-08-28, 12:22 AM
*points at Barmacral* I have no idea who are bad guys in this game, so until someone puts forth someone worth pointing at, it seems not a horrible idea to point at the one planning to die at the end of the day anyway, see no reason to have two deaths occur unless we know one's evil.

Selrahc
2009-08-28, 02:58 AM
Goodness gracious, people with names tend to die a lot in this game. Please refer to me as 'that guy' ...

As in the phrase "Get that guy"? Well in that case I'll to vote for...

Barmacal :smalltongue: unless someone comes up with a theory.

Oddity
2009-08-28, 03:28 AM
Barmacal, I got nothing

banjo1985
2009-08-28, 04:19 AM
...well bugger. :smalleek:

Barmacal on the offchance he may be Hades.

Okay Next family, I'm at your mercy, let me live and I'll help you any way I can. Wolves...don't read this :smalltongue:

banthesun
2009-08-28, 06:25 AM
Barmacal, I guess

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-28, 08:13 AM
You do realize, that that this bandwagon is just stupid? Oh, whatever, no better clue yet... Barmacal unless someone have some decent suspect.

Shadowcaller
2009-08-28, 08:28 AM
Going with Selrahc since his post stuck out to me for some reason.

Murska
2009-08-28, 08:38 AM
Selrahc. I don't like lynching autolynchees nor withdrawing players.

rakkoon
2009-08-28, 12:24 PM
The post seems normal, voting for a guy who is going to quit anyway seems silly. The following sounds like a clear admission of guilt!

The only problem is after reading it I dislike Goliath and now want Hades to win. :smalltongue:

banjo1985 for treasonous thoughts!

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-28, 01:29 PM
banjo1985 for treasonous thoughts!

Did you actually read the discussion from day 3? Banjo is a confirmed neutral, who now doesn't have ANY way to harm team good nor team evil. Why should we lynch him, when he's powerless, and our conditions doesn't need him dead?

Also, lynching Barmacal is stupid, so I'll go instead for Selrahc

Thufir
2009-08-28, 01:36 PM
I'll throw my vote onto the Selrahc wagon.

Selrahc
2009-08-28, 01:49 PM
Hey what!

Why am I the big choice for alternate wagon? What did I do? Look if you thought the post was weird it's because it was a rewrite. It was initially going to be a fairly lame joke about the phrase "get that guy" followed by a nothing vote. Then I read the thread, and thought if I was going to do a nothing vote it may as well be against someone who deserved it. So yeah, the overall coherency of the thought was broken a bit.

Lynching me based on that though seems pretty damn off to me.

Irbis
2009-08-28, 02:09 PM
Selrahc, eh? :smallconfused:

Thufir
2009-08-28, 02:09 PM
Hey what!

Why am I the big choice for alternate wagon? What did I do? Look if you thought the post was weird it's because it was a rewrite. It was initially going to be a fairly lame joke about the phrase "get that guy" followed by a nothing vote. Then I read the thread, and thought if I was going to do a nothing vote it may as well be against someone who deserved it. So yeah, the overall coherency of the thought was broken a bit.

Lynching me based on that though seems pretty damn off to me.
Well, in my case, I'm a little suspicious about your late jump on the Moofinwagon yesterday. Particularly because for all that it turned out to be right, the case against Moofin wasn't that convincing really, and you mentioned in Classic that you don't point unless you have a reason. So one wonders, what reason did you have in that case?

A bit weak I know, but it'll do for day 3 logic.
Of course, you can feel free to offer alternatives.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-08-28, 02:51 PM
If Barmacral is auto'd and not lynched, I'll come back in.

Opeth_Freak
2009-08-28, 03:03 PM

Is that a really good idea? You were a MASON. If Barmacral is a wolf, then all the masons and people in contact with them will be screwed up.

Deathslayer7
2009-08-28, 03:34 PM
selrahc for defending himself :smallbiggrin:

Aemoh
2009-08-28, 05:14 PM

I do believe(and hope) that would be restricted to Titans 3. I really don't like that rule since it can be rather game-breaking(though I get the point, what with people signing up to play and then not playing :smallfrown: ).

Anyways...

*points at Deathslayer7*

Just to be contrary. *shrugs*

TFT
2009-08-28, 07:46 PM
I'm not to sure on the Selrahc bandwagon so I'll follow Aemoh, Deathslayer7.

Oddity
2009-08-28, 07:50 PM
How can I resist Aemoh.
Might aswell make this interesting. I just somehow don't trust the other wagon and how quickly people jumped on it.
Deathslayer 7. No, I'm not suspiciously quickly jumping on the alternative wagon, What? No! Be quiet.

Heroic
2009-08-28, 08:01 PM
Deathslayer7

Aemoh
2009-08-28, 09:26 PM
Wuzzat? People following me and my random point? For shame! :smalltongue: