PDA

View Full Version : The Decent

eggy_goodness
2006-08-02, 02:23 PM
Does this film seem like an imitation of the Underdark to anyone? I saw a trailer for it and it looked pretty unoriginal. Does anyone know otherwise?

Shotaro
2006-08-03, 04:06 AM
its pretty good, Neil Marshall is probably the best horror director out there at the minute, manages to build up the tension well and when it all kicks off it goes into a film that frankly made me scared to go down the stairs without the light on. Wether its a rip off or not its bloody amazing, and well worth however much it costs to go to the Cinema in the US nowadays even if they have changed the ending.

sniffles
2006-08-03, 11:10 AM
I haven't heard of a movie called The Decent. Is it decent? ;)

Perhaps you were actually referring to The Descent?

Okay, I'll taking my annoying spell-checking away now.

Alchemistmerlin
2006-08-03, 11:39 AM
The way they're advertising it, I don't want to see it.

"From the makers of hostile! IT'S SO GORY!"

What is wrong with hollywood these days?

Huge amounts of Gore != Horror

Though huge amounts of Al Gore do.

eggy_goodness
2006-08-03, 11:09 PM
I haven't heard of a movie called The Decent. Is it decent? ;)

Perhaps you were actually referring to The Descent?

Okay, I'll taking my annoying spell-checking away now.
I am going to go hide under a rock in shame now. ;) I think I'll just leave it the way it is as a tribute to the utility of spell check.

Shotaro
2006-08-04, 08:29 AM
The way they're advertising it, I don't want to see it.

"From the makers of hostile! IT'S SO GORY!"

What is wrong with hollywood these days?

Huge amounts of Gore != Horror

Though huge amounts of Al Gore do.

oh boy, thats the advertising?.... well first of all it has absolutely NOTHING to do with hostel, not a single crew member worked on both pictures.

Second while it is kinda gory, there's only really 3 or 4 scenes in the whole film that make you want to squirm (at least because of how graphic it is) and to be honest the biggest scare is right at the beginning of the film. BAM huge scare right at the start and then it spends the next hour or so building the tension more and more, the atmosphere gets more and more claustrophobic and then when it really gets going towards the end its mostly running and hiding with very few gore scenes

its a shame they've advertised it like that because it really is a masterwork in the horror genre for this millenium. And that kind of advertising puts a lot of people off. Plus they've changed the ending which sucks no end

Leto
2006-08-05, 07:43 PM
What's the origional ending like? I was actually quite happy with what I saw in the theaters except for the last act.

Shotaro
2006-08-05, 08:43 PM
i believe in the american ending she climbs up a mountain of bones, bursts through the top soil and gasps for air, then there's the whole juno in the car thing. in the UK when she sees Juno in the car she comes round IN the caves and sees her daughter sitting with a birthday cake, wierd but symbolic. Basically in the british version the ending is just showing how she's become one of 'them' and how shes gone completely cuckoo banannas