PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a magical weapon property

Berserk Monk
2009-08-06, 08:39 AM
I forget the name of it and the book it's in (I know it's not the DMG if that helps) but the property heals you 1 point of health for every 2 damage you deal to an opponent. I also think it was a +2 weapon bonus, but I might be wrong about that. Thanks to anyone who can help.

kamikasei
2009-08-06, 09:02 AM
Are you thinking of the vampiric weapon property from the Magic Item Compendium?

zagan
2009-08-06, 09:09 AM
As berserk monk stat Vampiric is close +1d6 damage and you heal the same as this extra damage it's a +2 bonus (MIc p45)

I found another one but it suck Bodyfeeder you gain temporary hit point equal to the damage dealt that don't stack and last 1 minute but it's only on critical hit ! it's a +3 bonus (Mic p30)

peacenlove
2009-08-06, 09:15 AM
Enemies and allies. Wrathful healing. +3 enchantment bonus. Does exactly what you stated (broken as hell :P)

Blackfang108
2009-08-06, 09:16 AM
I found another one but it suck Bodyfeeder you gain temporary hit point equal to the damage dealt that don't stack and last 1 minute but it's only on critical hit ! it's a +3 bonus (Mic p30)

Yeah, the feeder weapons, originally from EPH, reprinted in MiC and SRD, both suck.

Sinfire Titan
2009-08-06, 09:33 AM
Enemies and allies. Wrathful healing. +3 enchantment bonus. Does exactly what you stated (broken as hell :P)

There's nothing broken about infinite healing, especially not at the level a +4 weapon is first available (odds are, the Cleric's been doing that for a while now, and the Binder just got the Vestige that does this). Shadowsun Ninja carrying around a zombified frog can get the same effect, but slower.

Seriously, it's HP. There are ways to kill someone without using HP damage. Many of them. Why people get so worked up about infinite healing is beyond me, seeing as there are ways to make it worthless.

Douglas
2009-08-06, 09:46 AM
Seriously, it's HP. There are ways to kill someone without using HP damage. Many of them. Why people get so worked up about infinite healing is beyond me, seeing as there are ways to make it worthless.
And yet, the vast majority of opponents players will face in a typical campaign will rely primarily on hp damage. The fact that there are ways to get around hp does not mean that those ways are automatically very frequently encountered or that hp is irrelevant. If any ability doesn't matter 10% of the time, that doesn't mean it being utterly brokenly powerful the other 90% of the time is acceptable. Oh, and the other sources of unlimited healing you mentioned are not really comparable - they are sources of unlimited out of combat healing; Wrathful Healing in the hands of a high melee damage character produces vast quantities of in combat healing with no limit and no action cost. There is a rather large difference.

Also, for just about every last one of those ways to circumvent hp, there is a way to become immune to it. Believe me, I know; I've done it (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81794). Seriously, if you find a way to kill that party without Anti-Magic Field, way too many Disjunctions, or large quantities of hp damage, I want to see it.

peacenlove
2009-08-06, 09:57 AM
There's nothing broken about infinite healing, especially not at the level a +4 weapon is first available (odds are, the Cleric's been doing that for a while now, and the Binder just got the Vestige that does this). Shadowsun Ninja carrying around a zombified frog can get the same effect, but slower.

I have no problem with infinite healing out of combat. Yet as damage scales expodentially (was in a game that a non optimized level 12 paladin did 130 damage per round, if he had that weapon its 65 healing per round. Also i am prety sure you can up this number MUCH higher).
Slower is the key word here. I have no problem with my players having fast healing 5. Actually i encourage it. "Fast healing" 50-200 is another matter though :smallwink:

Berserk Monk
2009-08-06, 10:06 AM

Thank you. Wrathful Healing. That's it. I once played a Frenzied Berserker with a Wrathful Healing great axe. I was wrong about the bonus though. Thought it was +2.