PDA

View Full Version : looking for a specific type of dungeon.

Mystic Muse
2009-08-06, 03:06 PM
okay. has anybody else seen the movie 1408? I'm looking for a dungeon sort of like that room. a bit bigger but the same basic principle. a place that messes with your mind and makes you absolutely crazy.

anybody know of a dungeon like this? (tomb of horrors doesn't count.)

I'm not trying to ask for a dungeon that is 1408 since that would be illegal. just one that messes with your mind

Mystic Muse
2009-08-06, 04:42 PM
so nobody can help me?

RTGoodman
2009-08-06, 04:50 PM
It wouldn't be so much the DESIGN of the dungeon as how you played it. You'd have to capture the feel of the short story/movie through your descriptions and whatnot, rather than through mechanics.

If I were doing something like that, though, and wanted some crunch to go with it, I might incorporate the Sanity mechanic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/campaigns/sanity.htm) from Unearthed Arcana.

Swiftblu
2009-08-06, 07:31 PM
Some of the first Dragon mags had some cool articles on incorporating a 4th geometric dimension into your dungeon design; that might be mind-boggling enough to give the feel of a place that makes you go crazy, but you will have to do most of it with flavor, and not mechanics or design.