PDA

View Full Version : Miko's Original Narrative Purpose

Xesirin
2009-08-06, 05:51 PM
So I started reading back in december, and I was curious as to the narrative purpose of Miko when she was first created. I recall seeing somewhere in the forums that Miko was supposed to be a villain up until the conclusion of the strip, but given that she's been dead for a good 200-ish strips, it would seem that that's not the case. So I'm curious as to how Miko was first introduced and whether she was ever intended to be a seriously viable candidate for a romantic relationship with Roy.

VOICE OF THE NEWBIE: Please don't attack me! :smallfrown:

Mauve Shirt
2009-08-06, 05:55 PM
Rich says in War & XPs that Miko's entire purpose was to bring the Order to Azure city, and to fall and smash Soon's gate.

Xesirin
2009-08-06, 05:58 PM
Rich says in War & XPs that Miko's entire purpose was to bring the Order to Azure city, and to fall and smash Soon's gate.

See, I only got my hands on books 0 and -1. Serves me right. :smallbiggrin:

Squark
2009-08-06, 06:04 PM
To be fair, she did evolve. Into a bigger jerk.

Originally, the gender bender was supposed to be a way for Roy to get to know her better. But as time went on, Rich figured out that wasn't the direction he wanted to go.

Jagos
2009-08-06, 06:29 PM
The direction HE didn't want to go or the character? ;)

B.I.T.T.
2009-08-06, 06:43 PM
The direction HE didn't want to go or the character? ;)

Probably a little bit of both.

Squark
2009-08-06, 06:55 PM
I meant Rich, actually.

NerfTW
2009-08-06, 07:42 PM
He stated a while ago on the forum that the "romanctic interest" plot was not a major thing, just a back and forth of Roy attempting and Miko rebuffing him.

He said until the end of the strip because he didn't want to spoil her death.