PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Evils: The Worm That Walks

AzazelAshheart
2009-08-07, 01:17 AM
Faldrum city, Major trade Center of the Plains: Mid-Afternoon

In the city of Faldrum, a urban city that focused mainly on being a trading post for the many town around it, there was much unrest. Only a fortnight before this day all was well and calm, with children playing and adults working while wiping away the sweat off their brow. But now there was no child outside, with the only people on the streets were quickly moving to their destination.

Travelers were few, with adventurers being even fewer. But the ones that were at the city at the time were obviously being avoided. The inns wouldn’t let them stay, nor would most shops allow them purchase of their wares. The only ones not showing the hate was the various guilds that make up the north section of town.

The Grand Council, the group who held great authority over Faldrum, were more than a little nervous for their fair city. Misfortune was foreshadowing the community, with the surrounding crops dying and missing people reports stacking up progressively. Normally this world only be slightly worrisome for the three elders, but these events seemed much more…pre-conceived to them. So they, along with the various guildmasters that incorporated the Council itself, had begun a search for adventurers in the hopes that they could put these events to rest.

Said adventurers have been called to the town hall/temple where the council held their meetings. They were to be expected to come within the hour’s half. The Heads were slightly testy about having to wait, but the various other members calmed them as they stared at the main hall entrance in anticipation, which stood a good sixty feet away with the door leading to they’re chamber open wide.

Jack - Demons-eye
Jacoban - experiment10k14
Jallorn - Jallorn
Carlose - Shady_24

shaddy_24
2009-08-07, 08:41 AM
Carlose

Carlose was happy someone was doing something about this mess. He'd been trying to track down missing persons and find those responsible for the entire situation, but his tracking skills were... lacking. He was a soldier for Good, a fighter, and he had little skill in investigations, even with the right melds.

He appeared to be human until you get a good look at his eyes. They glowed blue in lower light, and the whites themselves were permanently stained a light blue colour as well. He also wears a number of items that do not match any known magical items. His legs are the colour of the sky from the knees down. Blue crystalline shoulder pads float above his armour. Bright blue bracers attatch firmly to his fore arms. A transparent crystal helmet sits on his head. Metallic gloves hover around his hands, leaving room underneath for another pair of gloves, while arcs of electricity occasionally crackle between the fingers. He also wears a blue-green torc resembling two copper dragons facing each other in front of his throat. He seems quite used to all of these items and effects, and wears the floating items comfortably.

"I hope that the fact you have called us together means that someone is finally taking action to try and quell whatever evil is causing this terror. I have been trying to act alone until now, but my skills are not suited to hunting down the one in charge. If you have any knowledge of who is, share it with me and I will ensure their soul is sent to its eternal damnation." His eyes glow brighter as he looks over the people in the room.

OOC: detect evil on party and any guildmasters within range.

expirement10K14
2009-08-07, 09:44 AM
Jacoban

As Jacoban entered the hall he could tell that he was confusing at least some of the people there. He had many elvish features, though he was tall by elf standards and his silver hair was atypical of most elves. He also wore long white robes and a deep blue cloak, looking strange to those around him. His headband also drew attention, as its black color was very out of place amongst the silver hair. He sees that one other has arrived, maybe they could solve this places problems.

"I am new to this place, though I wish to help. You have my magic at your disposal in ridding this place of the evil that has taken root. I hear that there have been many dissapearances, have you any lead on what is going on here?"

Jallorn
2009-08-07, 10:01 AM
Jallorn struck an imposing figure in his armor. On his chest was a gilded image of the symbol of Pelor, but the rest of his armor was simple and unadorned. His axe was strapped accross his back, with more gilded suns on either side of both blades. The most astounding thing about the axe was that it almost seemed as if the sunlight lingered a bit longer around the axe, giving it a sort of golden glow. "Fear does not become such great men," he says after removing his helmet, "Pelor watches us always, even when the darkness has come and his light is unseen, it is only because he desires us to create our own light."

Demons_eye
2009-08-07, 12:04 PM
Jack enters after all of the others wearing his fedora with the feather on his head. The rest of his body was covered in a long cloak that he seemed to wrapped around him. He walks slowly but seems to keep up as he stands next to the others. His old brown eyes look around his new allies and he chuckles.

"This is the group that's I am to go with?" He turns to them "Not to distrust you're skill but you all seem 20 years to young for this. Back in my day we had lots of evil running around and you were lucky to live from group to group! I remember a group of teens. TEENS! They went out and never came back!" Even tho he still hears what other says he mumbles randomly about the past.

He also eyes the strange man with glowing eyes pulls out a book and looks for a page number.

Knowledge Arcane Check
[roll0]

expirement10K14
2009-08-07, 01:11 PM
"Looks can be deceiving my friend. I highly doubt you are even half my age. By human standards you are much to old to be doing this sort of thing anyway. If anything, you would be the weak link when it comes to age."

Jacoban studies the rest of the group, studying any noticible strengths or weaknesses.
I say we stop this nonsense and here what the elders have to say."

Demons_eye
2009-08-07, 01:41 PM
"Boy don't you talk to me that way. Not to say you haven't done anything big but as I recall master's of the arcane arts work most of the time reading and studying. When I was younger I knew a wizard that pissed himself during our first encounter. I bet your still wet behind the ears. And even when I was young and you were still studying under a master I was out there hunting things down!" Jack then sets down cross legged while pulling out a bottle and starts to drink. "What do you lot want with us anyway! I did not get dragged out of retirement so I could set here and get talked down to."

Jallorn
2009-08-07, 01:49 PM
"I have slain no less than 60 enemies of Pelor in a single fight venerable one. I am plenty prepared for anything the dark ones may throw at us."

expirement10K14
2009-08-07, 02:29 PM
"I will concede to you if only it will stop this bickering, if we are to work together we must first be able to fit our egos in a single room."

AzazelAshheart
2009-08-07, 02:44 PM
Slowly but surely the adventurers began to arrive at the hall. The council was pleased with themselves at the arrivals. They all seemed quite competent. With a polite smile etched onto his face, one of the grand council, an older gentleman with a simple robe and a long grey beard, rose from his chair before bowing to each arrival.

"Calm down you two" the older man requested before nodding. "My name is William, now then..Gentlemen, I...We have called you here today because of the problems we have been having lately. Its rather curious: crops being destroyed, people vanishing. We've even had reports of large bugs attacking farmers" he spoke with a grave look on his features. "We have no idea why this is happening, that is why we have called you here. We need your help" the man said almost pleadingly.

For Detect Evil, Jallorns Eyes Only
No one in the room seems to be evil in any way

Knowledge Arcana Check, Demons_eyes Eye's Only
From wht your book can tell you, and from past readings about the different forms of magic, You know that this man has the power over his own magical and spiritual nature. His control is so strong that he can in fact manifest it in the form of magical equipment. Many recognize his profession as an Incarnete

Jallorn
2009-08-07, 03:14 PM
Where is the greatest activity? That wil be the place to start looking."

AzazelAshheart
2009-08-07, 03:20 PM
"The place that is the most affected is Sinbonu to the south of here. Its a farming town, but the harvest being destroyed has lead it into turmoil" William responded, the woman beside him moving foreword and giving the group a map showing the general lay of the land around Faldrum.

Demons_eye
2009-08-07, 03:36 PM
"Hmm this sounds like noting but my shin is acting up so I am in for helping." Jack says as he stands up "Shall we go look into whats got the criters riled up?

Jallorn
2009-08-07, 03:51 PM
"Sounds good to me," says Jallorn, ever the man of action.

shaddy_24
2009-08-07, 04:42 PM
Carlose

"It is good that others stand up for what is right in this world. Come, friends. We will make this right." He turns back to the council members. "Thank you for the information. It is more than I had managed to find by myself." He joins the others in examining the map.

expirement10K14
2009-08-09, 01:08 PM
"If this is where it has hit the hardest than it is where we must go."

shaddy_24
2009-08-10, 09:29 AM
Carlose

As the group prepares to leave, Carlose turns back to the others. "I believe introductions are in order before we leave. My name is Carlose Veramen, and I am an incarnate. Have any of you ever heard of the power of incarnum?" He looks around, waiting for other introductions and any questions.

Jallorn
2009-08-10, 10:15 AM
"I am Jallorn Drakath, faithful paladin to Pelor.

Demons_eye
2009-08-10, 12:56 PM
"Old man Jack they call me. Some Call me Jack of all trade an they be right too! Making things knowing things and doing things is what I am best at!" The old man says proudly as he shacks the hands of his new partners

shaddy_24
2009-08-13, 11:49 AM
Carlose

When the final member introduces themselves, Carlose turns one final time to the councilmembers. "We shall discover the cause of these problems as soon as possible. Good luck to you, and good hunting for us." He turns and gets ready to leave.

Could we get this moving along? expirement can post a catchup later.

expirement10K14
2009-08-13, 12:12 PM
I am Jacoban, master of the arcane. Now, let us go and help these poor people.

I thought we were waiting for the DM

shaddy_24
2009-08-13, 12:29 PM
I thought we were waiting for the DM

I wasn't sure if the DM was waiting for you to introduce yourself or not. I figured either you could put your intro in your next post, or the DM could just move us along.